Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. (82116 Views)

Coffee.a Thread For Coffee Discussions. / The Most Expensive Cuisines In The World / Nigerian Cuisines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by mamagee3(f): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2010
^^^ That looks like Ghana's jollof rice . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2010
tamme:

indomie, carrot,greenpepper, onion n tomatoes, eggs.
cook the indomie with the diced veggies.
fry the dodo, boil the egg, when its ready u dish,
ote: u put the veggies wen the indomie is almost ready to keep it fresh.

You are the best.
I am surely eating this, i will so much make it that i will fart all over the house.
FISAN:

Fhemmmy, surely u are not a nigerian but from ondo state

Na u sabi oh . . . . . I am more Nigerian than you are . . . Lost pikin like u.
tpiah:

una wan kill person with this thread sha!!

Tell them oh, they are wicked bunch
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2010
[size=18pt]PLease, can you guys start posting recipes along with the pictures?

No point in posting pictures if the viewers dont know how to cook those delicious looking meals.Thank You
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[size=18pt]PLease, can you guys start posting recipes along with the pictures?

No point in posting pictures if the viewers dont know how to cook those delicious looking meals.Thank You
[/size]

Hahahahahahaha.
You people too like good stuff jare
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/287874_amala_ewedu_jpg15fdae80bf261dc3163dfe20c2f45a36

Oluwa!! Now I'm really hungry.

Does anyone know what they call that green stuffin the soup? I know it's a leaf, grounded leaf, right?
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
if i could just get hold of that moinmoin but with gari . . . . . . . . . .  .

or if i had access to that red ogi . . . . . , .  .

i watched a Japanese cook on tv the other day and he was explaining how wrapping food in leaves was now a lost art?  Not necessarily o.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah,

Do you remember what they call that green stuff, eyi to wa ninu obe amala yen?

And do you know which food supermarket I can get it over here?
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/287874_amala_ewedu_jpg15fdae80bf261dc3163dfe20c2f45a36

Oluwa!! Now I'm really hungry.

Does anyone know what they call that green stuffin the soup? I know it's a leaf, grounded leaf, right?

That is Ewedu.
Cant remember the english name of it, that is one thing, i can never forget, cos i love it so much with that bean thing they add to it.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i am so hungry now, but i hate dark amala, gimme the white one, and we will be friends
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah:

if i could just get hold of that moinmoin but with gari . . . . . . . . . .  .

or if i had access to that red ogi . . . . . , .  .

i watched a Japanese cook on tv the other day and he was explaining how wrapping food in leaves was now a lost art?  Not necessarily o.

That is grossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

stay off the weed. ogi and eko is thrill food.

amala is disgusting, na ibadan like that kin thing.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2010
bawomolo:

There are some food that, if i die and u gimme, i jump up and run, such as:
Ogi
Onion
Black Amala
Pounded yam in the wooden stuff.

Those are the ever gross foooood
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

am i reading you wrong or are you dissing red pap?   angry

@ you and bawomolo wey dey "form"

amala is eaten all over the southwest same way tuwo is eaten all over the north and middle belt.

lafun on the other hand, is mainly restricted to ibadan and kwara.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
bawomolo:

You're on drug.

Have you tried white amala? omo, that thing na pure heaven.

I used to hate amala too tho, when I was a kid.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is Ewedu.
Cant remember the english name of it, that is one thing, i can never forget, cos i love it so much with that bean thing they add to it.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i am so hungry now, but i hate dark amala, gimme the white one, and we will be friends
Thank you.

Does anyone know the english name? I swear, I'd go and buy it ASAP!

What bean thing?
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
white amala sounds disgusting.

the stuff has to be dark, imo. Or else it's not amala.

when i first started making amala i got so frustrated when it didnt turn that really dark shiny colour. I'd even add palm oil so it could be smoother and shinier- all to no effect. I later found out i'd been undercooking it. I corrected my mistakes and from then on it was smooth sailing. The people wey eat that my whitish grey amala try sha shocked

what's this white amala? Never heard of it. Do you mean fufu.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You're on drug.

Have you tried white amala? omo, that thing na pure heaven.

I used to hate amala too tho, when I was a kid.

the only elubo i have heard of is black and ugly. the one they dry for sun is not white o.   
amala is disgusting either way.  Iyan and eba are preferred staples where i come from.

let ibadan people eat their amala  tongue.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
^^i dont know anywhere in yorubaland where amala isnt eaten.

are you sure you're yoruba cos i cant vouch for you.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
No, its not fufu.

I remember eating it a long time ago. i think its made from dried casava.

Black amala is made from dried plantain.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah:

^^i dont know anywhere in yorubaland where amala isnt eaten.

are you sure you're yoruba cos i cant vouch for you.

what osun man prefers amala to iyan? please show me one

Ileke-IdI:

umm no
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah:

am i reading you wrong or are you dissing red pap?   angry

@ you and bawomolo wey dey "form"

amala is eaten all over the southwest same way tuwo is eaten all over the north and middle belt.

lafun on the other hand, is mainly restricted to ibadan and kwara.

You have no idea what you missing, have some white amala in your system and you will be dancing makossa.
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you.

Does anyone know the english name? I swear, I'd go and buy it ASAP!

What bean thing?

I think it is Jute leaf . . . I could be wrong oh.
tpiah:

white amala sounds disgusting.

the stuff has to be dark, imo. Or else it's not amala.

when i first started making amala i got so frustrated when it didnt turn that really dark shiny colour. I'd even add palm oil so it could be smoother and shinier- all to no effect. I later found out i'd been undercooking it. I corrected my mistakes and from then on it was smooth sailing. The people wey eat that my whitish grey amala try sha shocked

what's this white amala? Never heard of it. Do you mean fufu.

Leave that thing . . .  try the white one.
bawomolo:

the only elubo i have heard of is black and ugly. the one they dry for sun is not white o.   
amala is disgusting either way.  Iyan and eba are preferred staples where i come from.

White amala is classy and nice.
Pounded yam is the most disgusting thing ever, mixing water and yam and calling it yama yama
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
when i first started making amala i got so frustrated when it didnt turn that really dark shiny colour. I'd even add palm oil so it could be smoother and shinier- all to no effect. I later found out i'd been undercooking it. I corrected my mistakes and from then on it was smooth sailing. The people wey eat that my whitish grey amala try sha
Lol yea, you gotta cook it, after ti e ba ti ro, then ro again.

bawomolo:

I'm sure I ate something white, maybe its an ekiti food undecided It is too delicious!!!!
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
bawomolo:

what osun man prefers amala to iyan? please show me one

umm no

I am oshun man and i will never taste the Iyan that was wooden pounded . . . .  grossssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
@Femi

You sabi good food jare.

No mind bawomolo. He's no longer a Yoruba man cheesy

I think it is Jute leaf . . . I could be wrong oh.

I'll see if they have it down here. thanks
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No, its not fufu.

if it's from cassava then it's probably fufu.

or do you mean lafun? I cant stand that stuff. shocked

wait- there's something else called kuruku from ikale side-maybe that's what you ate. It's made from cassava.

amala is made from yam or plantain flour.

i'm not used to the plantain one since i've rarely had it.

the taste may be different- probably too sweet.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No, its not fufu.

Black Amala is made from dried yam oh . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am oshun man and i will never taste the Iyan that was wooden pounded . . . .  grossssssssssssssssssssss

what about the one done with machines? those ones are good too but those machines aren't popular anymore

poundo mixes are just ok and pre-processed

Ileke-IdI:

@Femi

i've always tried to pass as jamo cheesy
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2010
if two people are claiming oshun and waging war against amala and pounded yam , then what do you people eat over there?

una be yoruba so?

is rice your national food?

fhemmy werent you edo some time back.

bawomolo is most likely masquerading as yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
bawomolo:

what about the one done with machines? those ones are good too but those machines aren't popular anymore

poundo mixes are just ok and pre-processed

i've always tried to pass as jamo  cheesy

Now you are talking, give the Iyan made in the machine and the poundo mix, i will be dancing Shina peters . . . . . . .
So you be Ireke man . . .  Kai.
Ileke-IdI:

@Femi

You sabi good food jare.

I'll see if they have it down here. thanks

Yes oh, i love nice food
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah:

if it's from cassava then it's probably fufu.

or do you mean lafun? I cant stand that stuff. shocked

amala is made from yam or plantain flour.

i'm not used to the plantain one since i've rarely had it.

the taste may be different- probably too sweet.

Nooo. Fufu is made from plantain and yam too.

White amala tastes different.

I dnt think its Lafun.

Now you're making me hungry.

Fhemmmy:

Black Amala is made from dried yam oh . . . . .  
Then the white one must be made from plantain. Its kinda yellowish, pale gold.

bawomolo:

i've always tried to pass as jamo  cheesy
Oi!
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah:

if two people are claiming oshun and waging war against amala and pounded yam , then what do you people eat over there?

una be yoruba so?

is rice your national food?

fhemmy werent you edo some time back.

bawomolo is most likely masquerading as yoruba.

For where?
I always say i am a Nigerian, but never claimed Edo, i usually dont talk about tribes, but both parents are from oshun and that made me an oshunite.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nooo. Fufu is made from plantain and yam too.

White amala tastes different.

I dnt think its Lafun.

Now you're making me hungry.

Then the white one must be made from plantain. Its kinda yellowish, pale gold.

Oi!

The white one is what is made from Cassava . . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / Ayam Cemani: The Most Expensive Chicken In The World - All Black (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.