Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

"For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman (32451 Views)

Onyekachi Okoro Is Dead: Arochukwu LGA Chairman Dies After Meeting In His Office / Imoh Williams, LGA Chairman Suspended Over Assault On Man Who Called Him Out / The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by davodyguy: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2018
eleojo23:
I have never seen my own LGA chairman either.

Even when he passes with his convoy, the glass is tinted so you can't even see him.

Na so Una dey do.
you dey mind her

2 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by myettiallah: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2018
Such a douche bag
meolaniyi:
No christian will rule lagos state again. Thank God the primaries for Lagos is on sunday when christians woul d be in church. God bless yoruba land

1 Like

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Tonyspecial(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2018
His ears are open now
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2018
Now you know. Lagos Mainland LGA is part of Lagos central senatorial district.
HeyCorleone:
Never knew there was an LGA called mainland in Lagos.
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by EmekaMD(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Just a few months ago our brothers from the SW were bragging how Ambode used to be the best performing gov.
Immediately their Lord Tinubu said otherwise they're changed.. he now became a poorly performing gov..

Talk about Tinubu being their Lord and Savior

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by thedondada(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2018
jumpandpas:
Shut up.

Even your subordinates and the poor masses in your LGA can't see you. All of You are the same.

Exactly.
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Carlyscales: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2018
meolaniyi:
No christian will rule lagos state again. Thank God the primaries for Lagos is on sunday when christians woul d be in church. God bless yoruba land

U need help seriously n speedily
U think Nigerian politicians have religion n fear God abi

Sorry!!

2 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by thedio(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2018
meolaniyi:

Very funny, so u think ambode is a xtian and fashola is a Muslim? keep deceiving urself.

1 Like

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Ajibel(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:

She should shut up abeg.

I work for both the LGA and the the state.

The main challenge they the LGA and LCDA chairmen and Chairwomen have with Ambode is over allocation and nothing more.

The governor used to be part of the LGA for many years and very conscious of the corruption. LGA chairmeb that can't even fix roads in their wards, yet the governor has been doing it for them, covering their inadequacies. Come and challenge me. I'm talking based in facts

What is bad if the governor decides to take the supervisory role. Allow the LG to do their projects but ensure whatever they do is being done well and worth the money that was budgeted. What then is the essence of a LG chairman if the governor comes to do their roads and commissions it in his name?

1 Like

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by davodyguy: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Ajibel:

What is bad if the governor decides to take the supervisory role. Allow the LG to do their projects but ensure whatever they do is being done well and worth the money that was budgeted. What then is the essence of a LG chairman if the governor comes to do their roads and commissions it in his name?
They are of no use. Believe me. In other parts of the world, councils and provinces makes sense, but not in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2018
l am sure some of her friends from secondary and university are trying to reach her for donkey years and she wouldn't let them.

3 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by vioment: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Because the governors go to traditional rulers for community(Lga) things. They are not wise like the citizens because they don't have an accountability structure.
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Captain6(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Nigerians are quite rare,you see people supporting injustice with baseless facts. We are not yet ready to develop!

4 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by seborrhic: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2018
Pathetic comments.
Yes,many of these same LG chairpersons are inaccessible to the electorate,but these are administrators that have found it impossible to have even just a 5minutes audience with the governor of their state,to air their grievances and exchange ideas,yet some people are making excuses for Ambode.Pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by otunde527: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2018
Just to make sure ambode doesn't return

But the APC that set direct primary in Lagos why are they shouting ambode up and down

Get your rmb @ #48 check my soggy below
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Sagay212: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2018
eleojo23:
I have never seen my own LGA chairman either.

Even when he passes with his convoy, the glass is tinted so you can't even see him.

Na so Una dey do.

Well a lot of Nigerians do not care about knowing their LG let alone knowing their LG chairman. If people put effort and organise themselves, they can always visit the LG chairmen every month to ask him what he has done so far but many of us are just about minding our businesses.

2 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Sagay212: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:

She should shut up abeg.

The main challenge they the LGA and LCDA chairmen and Chairwomen have with Ambode is over allocation and nothing more.

The governor used to be part of the LGA for many years and very conscious of the corruption. LGA chairmeb that can't even fix roads in their wards, yet the governor has been doing it for them, covering their inadequacies. Come and challenge me. I'm talking based in facts.
Ask her how reachable she is to residents in Herbert Macaulay and Yaba environ? All the roads in her LGA are bad, what did she do?

How many proposals were submitted to her office that when people visit, they say the chairman is not around

Please does Ambode allocate money to the LG chairmen for projects or he carries out the projects himself?
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Carlyscales: 10:45am On Sep 29, 2018
Ajibel:

The Gov has no such powers in d Constitution. Once the LG chairman are elected. They autonomously preside within the LG and are only answerable to the councillors. And we all know how these councillors in d LGs

Though sad, but most performing Governors in Nigeria are those that monopolize n use LG funds
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by davodyguy: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2018
Sagay212:

Please does Ambode allocate money to the LG chairmen for projects or he carries out the projects himself?
He carries it out himself on their behalf
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by BabaO2: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2018
APC is the brand not ambode
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2018
meolaniyi:

IPOB MISCR*ANT, please let your bigotry remain in your hatred ravaged P*gs colony.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by princetom1(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:

She should shut up abeg.

The governor used to be part of the LGA for many years and very conscious of the corruption. LGA chairmeb that can't even fix roads in their wards, yet the governor has been doing it for them, covering their inadequacies. Come and challenge me. I'm talking based in facts.
Ask her how reachable she is to residents in Herbert Macaulay and Yaba environ? All the roads in her LGA are bad, what did she do?

How many proposals were submitted to her office that when people visit, they say the chairman is not around

You are very correct, i don't even know her physically, na only her name i dey ever hear and am living under her local government o
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by HomeOfMe(f): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Never knew there was an LGA called mainland in Lagos.
Are you serious,and you live in Lagos?
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Sagay212: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2018
EmekaMD:
Just a few months ago our brothers from the SW were bragging how Ambode used to be the best performing gov.
Immediately their Lord Tinubu said otherwise they're changed.. he now became a poorly performing gov..

Emeka, flood and erosion is getting close to your shop. Go and pack all your fake products before flood go carry am go. Please do not come to lagos ooo. stay in your village and tackle your governor for good governance just the way we are tackling Ambode in lagos. When we teach you people the basics of democracy, you won't learn. You will be doing strong head, be hating, bragging and shouting biafrau.d.

4 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by sochima1989(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:

She should shut up abeg.

My dear you are right... I met someone working with the Lagos State Mins of Science and Tech.. the same thing she told me..
'we are not happy with Ambode cos he stops inflation of procurement process'

2 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by abbey1555: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2018
u self wetin u don for lagos mainland iya ibadan see ambode straight to ALAUSA AGAIN grin grin grin grin
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by ipobarecriminals: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:

She should shut up abeg.

bia! wic gov has bin doing it for dem?is the the Thomas Estate,Greenland Est etc that tax the peepz monthiy to fix the roads or what? Tell us what exactly dey use Land use charge for cos i pay 40k from previous 8k this june.U drive from Lekki to Mainland, nah d same potholes here and there.The phat man neglected inner alternative roads to dey build useless shelter wey destitute/ mad pipu dey take refuge.How long dey wan take fix iyana ipaja route? Go to Moshalasi around Winners church and see what the pipu are passing tru.

3 Likes

Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by davodyguy: 10:53am On Sep 29, 2018
princetom1:

You are very correct, i don't even know her physically, na only her name i dey ever hear and am living under her local government o
Chief, I work for all tiers of government. I know those that are performing and those that are not. Ambode is not God, but he's a super �. I know him and he's committed. If there's no interference from Tinubu, he would out perform Tinubu and Fashola before 2023. He wants to make a name for himself
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by HeyCorleone(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Are you serious,and you live in Lagos?

Obviously you don't expect me to cram every LGA in the state. I may have forgotten..
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by Reference(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2018
EmekaMD:

Indeed and I have said so often. So on that part democracy in Lagos does not exist. This is pure and unadulterated feudalism. However the part of democracy thay enables an incumbent from being removed on account of non performance appears to be at play here which is very positive.

My summary is that let whatever decison on who runs.and doea not and who is elected and is not be a people popular decision and not that of a clique, cabal or king. That is real democracy.
Re: "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman by davodyguy: 10:55am On Sep 29, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
bia! wic gov has bin doing it for dem?is the the Thomas Estate,Greenland Est etc that tax the peepz monthiy to fix the roads or what? Tell us what exactly dey use Land use charge for cos i pay 40k from previous 8k this june.U drive from Lekki to Mainland, nah d same potholes here and there.The phat man neglected inner alternative roads to dey build useless shelter wey destitute/ mad pipu dey take refuge.How long dey wan take fix iyana ipaja route? Go to Moshalasi around Winners church and see what the pipu are passing tru.
Consult me on your LUC and I'll advise you on it.
It's a gradual process. Before 2021, you'll see a different Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World / Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo / Stolen Mace: Omo-agege Fights Back, Blocks Police, DSS From Arresting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.