Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,616 members, 7,770,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java (76994 Views)

Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help / How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? / Is C# Better Than C/C++? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by IG: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
candylips:

Personal edition of monotouch will cost me $399

I think it will be cheaper for me to learn objective-c and use the free xcode IDE that comes with my MAC

That's if you are buying it from Novell.
Monotouch is an open source software and you can download the source code from the Mono repository.
I think it's easier to checkout and compile the source code than to learn a new language.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by candylips(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
Can you provide me with a link to this.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Beaf: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
This thing really looks promising, but every place on the web says its a commercial project only.
Even the beta release needs password authentication (for the full version) or is available for download only as a trial version.

http://monotouch.net/Releases/MonoTouch_1.2_Beta_1
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by logica(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2009
Beaf:

This thing really looks promising, but every place on the web says its a commercial project only.
Even the beta release needs password authentication (for the full version) or is available for download only as a trial version.

http://monotouch.net/Releases/MonoTouch_1.2_Beta_1
There-in lies the problem with anything associated with Microsoft.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by IG: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2009
You can view the source code repository here
http://anonsvn.mono-project.com/viewvc/branches/monotouch-1-0/

to check it out you need svn, type the following command;

svn co svn://anonsvn.mono-project.com/source/branches/monotouch-1-0/

I must warn you that the source code is very large and runs into hundreds of megabytes. My only problem with the whole iPhone development thing is that you need to run MacOSX no matter the tools you are using.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by IG: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2009
logica:

There-in lies the problem with anything associated with Microsoft.

That's exactly what I mean when I say we need to outgrow bashing Microsoft because it's cool. Monotouch is from Novell and iPhone is from apple and the CIL (or .NET) is an open standard now. What does Microsoft has to do with any of these?

I know that Microsoft make some crappy software but when it comes to openness, I think Microsoft is a saint compared to apple.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by candylips(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2009
IG:

I know that Microsoft make some crappy software but when it comes to openness, I think Microsoft is a saint compared to apple.

partly true. but while microsoft makes crappy software and make you pay through your nose for it.

Apple makes very good software.

IG:

I must warn you that the source code is very large and runs into hundreds of megabytes. My only problem with the whole [b]iPhone development thing is that you need to run MacOSX no matter the tools you are using[/b.

you need a windows pc to develop a windows app don't you
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by IG: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
@candylips, I think you may be right. People love apple despite their being extremely closed because apple make great products. I recently got an Iphone 3g and was disappointed by how you need iTunes to synchronize and other apple imposed restrictions. A few days of playing with the device I discovered that it is highly hackable. Now I have many open source applications installed on it using Cydia.

The truth is that I have been using Linux for quite some time now and find it really difficult to work in a constrained system. I will try some Iphone development if I can get the tools to run on Linux but I am not ready to buy a Mac just to do Iphone development.

I heard that I.B.M have some Iphone development toolchain but you need to install the eclipse I.D.E first and it doesn't come with an emulator.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by logica(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
IG:

That's exactly what I mean when I say we need to outgrow bashing Microsoft because it's cool. Monotouch is from Novell and iPhone is from apple and the CIL (or .NET) is an open standard now. What does Microsoft has to do with any of these?

I know exactly what I am saying, and I am not saying it because "it is cool to bash Microsoft". I am speaking from experience, and only someone who doesn't have the experience will then make the claim - hence making it cool to bash Microsoft.

My point here is the fact that almost any technology related to Microsoft will be for a fee because of some steep licensing fees they have to pay to Microsoft, therefore making it impractical to have a free version.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by IG: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
logica:

I know exactly what I am saying, and I am not saying it because "it is cool to bash Microsoft". I am speaking from experience, and only someone who doesn't have the experience will then make the claim - hence making it cool to bash Microsoft.

My point here is the fact that almost any technology related to Microsoft will be for a fee because of some steep licensing fees they have to pay to Microsoft, therefore making it impractical to have a free version.

Alright, I get you. But the case here is that Novell is trying to get it's pound of flesh. Maybe that's why they never tell us that the source code is available.
You see many software companies will try to be Microsoft if they get the chance. Well, there is nothing wrong in charging for software you developed, Just make sure that what you offer is good enough to justify the price.

Talking about being bitten by Microsoft, you aren't alone but I just decided to leave their products whenever I get a good alternative.
I used to develop on .NET using the SDK which is free with no strings attached but i don't use Visual Studio. Instead I use sharpDevelop I.D.E which is open source.

Eventually I migrated to Linux which means no more windows headache and I still do .NET in form of Mono.
I must confess that I still sometimes run windows on a virtual machine because my team mates are still using windows and we need to have similar development environments when working on the same project.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Beaf: 1:57am On Nov 22, 2009
Most of this anti-MS stuff comes from their total destruction of Netscape and a couple of others. Now there are religious camps on either side.
It really isn't about bad software, you can check out this study on MS Sql Server vs Oracle security here http://www.databasesecurity.com/dbsec/comparison.pdf . It's dated, but you can see my point.

Above and beyond everything above, is that these guys are incredibly smart folk who cynically play on sentiment and loyalty to guarantee market share. The video below says a lot.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by IG: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2009
This is unbelievable. I know that Oracle is the most popular RDBMS but necessarilly the best out there, but being less secure than MSSQL server is something one finds hard to believe. Unfortunately that's the bitter truth. I expect Oracle to be less secure than some open source offerings but they already have the muscle to maintain the market leadership which doesn't have to be leadership in terms of quality.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by akhilvts: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2010
In this article, we are just proposing that why developers should opt for .Net Technology instead of other major technologies.
First of all, what is .Net Technology? - .Net is an environment for building and running software and web applications. It enables the software to become platform and device independent.
The .net Framework allows you to:
1)Apply common skills across a variety of devices, application types and programming tasks.
Computer Systems normally require during execution a lot of interaction between the older and newer applications. Through .Net Framework we can access the functionalities that is implemented in programs that execute outisde the .Net environment. Eg: Through .Net we can even access the Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Products etc.It can even use the Windows predefined DLLs. We can even access other Microsoft Components like Paint, Calculator etc.
Thus, we can say that we have a pretty easy access to the COM Components. COM components usually have an extension - .exe/dll/.ocx. But the extension is mostly irrelevant. In actual, it may refer to any object or application that contains reusable code and provides ways through which its associated data and methods could be accessed.
2) Has got Language Independence
Microsoft provides support for a lot of languages like
a) Microsoft Visual Basic
b) C#
c) J#
d) Microsoft Visual C++
e) Javascript
f) HTML
A programmer who is coding in C# can use the code written in Visual Basic. Similarly, a programmer who is coding in J# can use the code written in C#.
3) Simplified Deployment:
.Net framework has a very simplified deployment wizard so that the installation of the computer software could be managed easily.
4) Security:
.Net applications are highly secure ones. The framework has been designed in such a way so as to address small vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows.
5) Faster development:
Through .Net we can make compelling applications much faster.
6) Base Class Library:
This is a library of functionalities available to the .Net Framework. This porvides classes which consists of a number of common functions like - file reading/writing, database interaction, XML data manipulation etc.
7) Portability:
The .Net framework is portable. Its platform independent. Though till now, Microsoft has not implemented the full framework on any other system except its own. Yet Microsoft has already submitted specifications for Common Language Infrastructure (which includes all class libraries), C# language to bothe ECMA and ISO making them open standard. This makes it easily possible for the third parties to create compatible implementations of framework and its language on other platforms.
The latest veriosn of the .Net Framework is 4.0. A lot of the professionals are still working on .Net Framework 3.5 and 3.0.
Last but not the least, we come to the much heated discussion. What's better ? .Net / JAVA.
There are a number of reasons why .Net is much better than JAVA.
1) .Net, first and foremost is a very fast development tool. Applications that would take 1 month in .Net framework would take around 3 months in JAVA.
2) .Net, neing a very fast development tool is much more cheaper than JAVA.
3) JAVA in itself is a language. Here, you can do only coding in JAVA. But .Net is a development platform where you can use the coding languages according to your convenience. You have the options of using Visual C++, C#, J# or Visual Basic, whichever you feel most comfortable with.
4) JAVA GUI based programs look alien on the host operating systems. .Net's GUI is much better compared to JAVA's.
But still there are some disadvantages of the .Net Framework which as a developer we must keep in mind:
1) .Net Framework runs application in a managed environment which usually exhausts a lot of resources. This in comparison to other applications that utilise machine resources directly is much more.
2) Newer versions of .Net framework are only available on Windows 7/ Vista and above. if you need to make them work on OS like Windows XP, the you need to make some extra efforts. In the future more frameworks would evolve. With their evolution the support for the lower versions of the OS would not be practically possible. So, the user with the older OS would have to face lot of problems.
3) As we had already disucssed, .Net Framework's implementaions has been made open standard but yet its has fully been implemeted only on Windows. So, .Net Framework remains platform independent just on paper. Practically, its just possible to run .net Application on Windows OS as no other OS has yet implemented .Net framework for themselves.
We have discussed a lot on .Net Framework, its advantages amd disadvantages, its features. Now, we must move on to the real programming stuff. So, let's get started with .Net Programming. Let us just write a simple program for adding two numbers and then showing the result in a message box.
For further discussions and queries, you may visit:
http://www.visiontechno.net/studymats/firstprog.html
In this article, we are just proposing that why developers should opt for .Net Technology instead of other major technologies.

First of all, what is .Net Technology? - .Net is an environment for building and running software and web applications. It enables the software to become platform and device independent.

The .net Framework allows you to:
1)Apply common skills across a variety of devices, application types and programming tasks.

Computer Systems normally require during execution a lot of interaction between the older and newer applications. Through .Net Framework we can access the functionalities that is implemented in programs that execute outisde the .Net environment. Eg: Through .Net we can even access the Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Products etc.It can even use the Windows predefined DLLs. We can even access other Microsoft Components like Paint, Calculator etc.

Thus, we can say that we have a pretty easy access to the COM Components. COM components usually have an extension - .exe/dll/.ocx. But the extension is mostly irrelevant. In actual, it may refer to any object or application that contains reusable code and provides ways through which its associated data and methods could be accessed.

b) C#
c) J#
d) Microsoft Visual C++
e) Javascript
f) HTML

A programmer who is coding in C# can use the code written in Visual Basic. Similarly, a programmer who is coding in J# can use the code written in C#.

.Net framework has a very simplified deployment wizard so that the installation of the computer software could be managed easily.

4) Security:

.Net applications are highly secure ones. The framework has been designed in such a way so as to address small vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows.

5) Faster development:

6) Base Class Library:

This is a library of functionalities available to the .Net Framework. This porvides classes which consists of a number of common functions like - file reading/writing, database interaction, XML data manipulation etc.

7) Portability:

The .Net framework is portable. Its platform independent. Though till now, Microsoft has not implemented the full framework on any other system except its own. Yet Microsoft has already submitted specifications for Common Language Infrastructure (which includes all class libraries), C# language to bothe ECMA and ISO making them open standard. This makes it easily possible for the third parties to create compatible implementations of framework and its language on other platforms.

The latest veriosn of the .Net Framework is 4.0. A lot of the professionals are still working on .Net Framework 3.5 and 3.0.

Last but not the least, we come to the much heated discussion. What's better ? .Net / JAVA.

1) .Net, first and foremost is a very fast development tool. Applications that would take 1 month in .Net framework would take around 3 months in JAVA.

3) JAVA in itself is a language. Here, you can do only coding in JAVA. But .Net is a development platform where you can use the coding languages according to your convenience. You have the options of using Visual C++, C#, J# or Visual Basic, whichever you feel most comfortable with.

4) JAVA GUI based programs look alien on the host operating systems. .Net's GUI is much better compared to JAVA's.

But still there are some disadvantages of the .Net Framework which as a developer we must keep in mind:

1) .Net Framework runs application in a managed environment which usually exhausts a lot of resources. This in comparison to other applications that utilise machine resources directly is much more.

2) Newer versions of .Net framework are only available on Windows 7/ Vista and above. if you need to make them work on OS like Windows XP, the you need to make some extra efforts. In the future more frameworks would evolve. With their evolution the support for the lower versions of the OS would not be practically possible. So, the user with the older OS would have to face lot of problems.

3) As we had already disucssed, .Net Framework's implementaions has been made open standard but yet its has fully been implemeted only on Windows. So, .Net Framework remains platform independent just on paper. Practically, its just possible to run .net Application on Windows OS as no other OS has yet implemented .Net framework for themselves.

We have discussed a lot on .Net Framework, its advantages amd disadvantages, its features. Now, we must move on to the real programming stuff. So, let's get started with .Net Programming. Let us just write a simple program for adding two numbers and then showing the result in a message box.

Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Ghenghis(m): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
akhil_vts:

Through .Net Framework we can access the functionalities that is implemented in programs that execute outisde the .Net environment. Eg:
true, but applicable to java as well

akhil_vts:

b) C#
c) J#
d) Microsoft Visual C++
e) Javascript
f) HTML
true, but with certain conditions. All programming languages are equal, but some are more equal than others.

akhil_vts:

4) Security:
Almost all apps are susceptible, to buffer overflows. And this is not an advantage to be touted against other managed environs like java, but rather we're saying its safer to work in a sand box.

akhil_vts:

5) Faster development:
arguably true, but I've heard some environs are even faster.

akhil_vts:

6) Base Class Library:
what they're not saying is, Microsoft has written file reading/writing, database interaction, XML data manipulation etc. for you. So morons try not to screw this up too much (I agree, but aren't those the advantages of any library ?)

akhil_vts:

7) Portability:
The .Net framework is portable. Its platform independent. Though till now, Microsoft has not implemented the full framework on any other system except its own. Yet Microsoft has already submitted specifications for Common Language Infrastructure (which includes all class libraries),
How can it be portable when it has only one major port ? yeah, yeah mono ? GCC is more portable

akhil_vts:

This is a dubious statistic, are you talking from personal experience ? I agree that for years, IDE tools had been a major problem for Java compared to .NET but the gap has, largely been bridged. Besides you can't even conclude on dev speed based on IDE availability alone, many factors come in such as flexible choices, community support, api maturity etc.

akhil_vts:

Dubious stat again!

akhil_vts:

Yes, java is a language . Java is also a platform or you can refer to JSE, JEE, JME etc. Also i could be more comfortable with Fortran. What's your point here ? That people can program with their language of choice on .NET ? if that's it, ok ? Of course, you must be committed to using dot.NET first. Why program in FORTRAN.NET when i can simply program in FORTRAN ?

akhil_vts:

Yes, you are mostly correct. But have you heard of the SWT library ? (you're forgiven if you've not)
Also have you seen a .NET app run on AIX running blackbox as the window manager ? How about enlightenment WM in Linux ?
How does the .NET GUI look? grin grin

You should be aware that GUI look and feel is entirely subjective, what you're really saying(I don't know if you mean it) is that windows native look and feel is better than all other OSes.

You're obviously a .NET fanatic cheesy cool, but things are rarely black or white.
Forget language wars, the real beauty of .NET (in my opinion) which you've not looked at is the ease of application enhancement ala MS office tools: You can simple continue from where Microsoft stopped in developing consistent, robust, and simple apps for your clients.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by candylips(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2010
akhil_vts:

Have u seen Maven? it is a java project, this days everything even .Net apps are getting built in Maven .

akhil_vts:

5) Faster development:

Java IDE's like Eclipse or Intellij are now as matured as Visual Studio and even better this days.
Apart from Gui development which VS is obviously the king.
Simple tasks like code completion, code refactoring, debuging are bog standard in all the Java IDE's.
i was surprised when i recently had a chance to play with VS and found out that i needed to buy resharper to do some of the things i could do easily in Eclipse.

akhil_vts:

6) Base Class Library:

are u kidding me ?? all these are available in java and much more.

what u should be worried about is why there is such a shocking multi-threading support in .Net.
There are so many thread functionality is Java 5 concurrent package that are not in .Net. i can give u examples
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by akhilvts: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2010
In this article, we are just proposing that why developers should opt for
.Net Technology instead of other major technologies.
First of all, what is .Net Technology? - .Net is an environment for building
and running software and web applications. It enables the software to become
platform and device independent. The .net Framework allows you to:
1)Apply common skills across a variety of devices, application types and
programming tasks. Thus, we can say that we have a pretty easy access to the
COM Components.
2) Has got Language Independence. Microsoft .Net Platform provides support
for a lot of languages
4) Security:
.Net applications are highly secure ones.
5) Faster development:
6) Base Class Library:
This is a library of functionalities available to the .Net Framework.
7) Portability:
The .Net framework is portable. Its platform independent.
The latest version of the .Net Framework is 4.0. A lot of the professionals
are still working on .Net Framework 3.5 and 3.0.
Last but not the least, we come to the much heated discussion. What's better
? .Net / JAVA.
1) .Net, first and foremost is a very fast development tool.
2) .Net, being a very fast development tool is much more cheaper than JAVA.
3) JAVA in itself is a language. Here, you can do only coding in JAVA. But
.Net is a development platform where you can use the coding languages
according to your convenience.
4) .Net's GUI is much better compared to JAVA's.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Ghenghis(m): 8:31am On Nov 19, 2010
@akhil_vts
you're repeating the same arguments as if its a mantra, I think you should read deeper and wider to understand where the .NET framework stands in the software landscape. This is not an argument for java, but rather all platforms(including .NET).
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by joefazee(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
did i understand you very well trying to compare .NET and Java, .NET is not a programming language, .NET is a framework (some well organized classes), and Java is a pure programming language so if we want to compare language we should compare C++ with Java or VB with Java and not comparing framework with programming language.

Frameworks are created in programming languages as a library that can be implemented by many languages. hey, to me, .NET is just a library, as a PHP programming i can use Zend or Codeignite framework to do my thing and for Python django, plone, Twisted are all out there, so i see no reason why we should war over library verses programming language.

ONE MORE THING: there is politics behind any programming language in the world that is what i think, Microsoft till today use C/C++ for all system level applications.\

USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Beaf: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2010
joefazee:

did i understand you very well trying to compare .NET and Java, .NET is not a programming language, .NET is a framework (some well organized classes), and Java is a pure programming language so if we want to compare language we should compare C++ with Java or VB with Java and not comparing framework with programming language.

Frameworks are created in programming languages as a library that can be implemented by many languages. hey, to me, .NET is just a library, as a PHP programming i can use Zend or Codeignite framework to do my thing and for Python django, plone, Twisted are all out there, so i see no reason why we should war over library verses programming language.

ONE MORE THING: there is politics behind any programming language in the world that is what i think, Microsoft till today use C/C++ for all system level applications.\

USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB.

But Java runs off a library too. No?
What are the Java runtime, virtual machine, Java Class Library etc? They are all encapsualted in a bundle called the Java Platform. Sun holds the patents.

Comparing .NET (C#) and Java almost always boils down to comparing the libraries both run off. In fact, there isn't any other comparison, because C#'s syntax is miles ahead.

Where Java and .NET (C#) are concerned, it is total sacriledge to mention the likes of PHP and JavaScript. Even VB.NET is a bit of a toy in comparison.

As for the bolded, I can't for the life of me understand how you have come to the conclusion that C# cannot do system level stuff! There are experimental C# OS's by Microsoft (Singularity, based on Bartok), there are also SharpOS, Cosmos and another smaller project that begins with m (I always forget the name).

You can build C# drivers in User-Mode; http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/wdf/UMDF_FAQ.mspx

Want an example of a semi-C# driver library you can poke into? http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpUSBLib/default.aspx

Need solid examples of C# used at a very low level?:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/showcase/IfOnlyWedUsedANTSProfiler.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163870.aspx

Do you need to compile C# straight down to native or to C instead of MSIL? The Gnome guys have a cross-platform C# variant called Vala that compiles to native. It works on Windows too with val(a)ide; I've got it running sweetly with Msys and Code::Blocks (I prefer it as an IDE after Val(a)ide has done its job) on a Windows 2008 box.

The long and short is, C# is no little game. Its funny that things have come full swing and the latest version of Java is based on the advances in C#. grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Ghenghis(m): 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2010
Beaf:

The long and short is, C# is no little game. Its funny that things have come full swing and the latest version of Java is based on the advances in C#. grin
I agree with the first part, but i'm curious what advances in C# is the latest version of Java based on ?
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Beaf: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2010
^
That was just one in the left eye for Java lovers. wink
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by candylips(m): 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2010
Beaf:

the only java 5 feature that i can think of  that supports your argument is generics and it is a c++ concept  not c sharp .
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Beaf: 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2010
candylips:

the only java 5 feature that i can think of  that supports your argument is generics and it is a c++ concept  not c sharp .

I feel we'll soon be seeing lamba's, LINQ, delegates, automatic properties, partial methods, extension methods. conditional compilation and many others joining generics as Java struggles to catch up with C#.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by candylips(m): 2:42am On Nov 21, 2010
mind u. generics was an after thought in c sharp as well. and c sharp generics is not as sophisticated as C++'s but it is definitely better than java i agree.

there are java libraries that support automatic properties using reflection and instrumentation

lamba's equivalent -closure - is probably coming into Java 7 but there has been a lot of debate for and against it 

i am not sure why u will need partial methods. u can package your code in modules using OSGI and achieve the same effect

am not a fan of extension methods. i think u can achieve the same goal by following simple object oriented techniques like using aggregation

conditional compilation - again this is not new technology. this has been in  c/c++ for decades. i don't see the need for it in the language itself. i can replicate this using ant or maven when compiling my code so no big deal

not sure why i will use delegates still trying to figure out why i need it

LINQ, there are loads of equivalent libraries in java - lambdaj,sbql4j,jaque,google collections  . . .
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by joefazee(m): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2010
The heading says .NET vs Java and not C# vs Java, so i`m surprise why you should compare programming language and framework.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by xoxogg(f): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2010
See masters discusiing, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by eyanpataki: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2010
wow, am a new member on this thread, anyways, i have really learned new things especially the weaknesses of java
but please if am doing java as a favourite programming language, is it easy for me to enter programming in c#
or any Microsoft visual studio capabilities(c sharp, vb,.net etc)
thank you.
i am a java programmer/trainee
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Ghenghis(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2010
eyanpataki:

wow, am a new member on this thread, anyways, i have really learned new things especially the weaknesses of java
but please if am doing java as a favourite programming language, is it easy for me to enter programming in c#
or any Microsoft visual studio capabilities(c sharp, vb,.net etc)
thank you.
i am a java programmer/trainee
@eyanpataki
If all you learned is the weakness of Java, then that's a shame. And maybe a shame on some of the less than responsible analysis on this thread. I'd advice you to not make judgments regarding language and platforms too quickly. Every platform has its strengths, and a good developer needs to understand several platforms and languages (yes, even Java and .NET mix). So concentrate on the language that gets the most done for you, keep reading books and code written by developers that are better than you (We all know when we see beautiful code) and the best language or platform becomes moot.

Most of the guys with the solid argument for or against .NET or Java can conveniently use both platforms if their bread and butter depends on it. Don't be fooled!  smiley
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by netghost: 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin
when will the shooting start cool
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by netghost: 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2010
@admindim
cant u read, or are u just trying to be daft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.