Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:44 AM

10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java (76990 Views)

Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help / How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? / Is C# Better Than C/C++? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by lekside44(m): 2:02pm On May 18, 2012
.net is the immitation of java into microsoft enviroment
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
101 reason why java beta than .net
http://helpdesk-software.ws/it/29-04-2004.htm
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by mj(m): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
ikp4succes: 101 reason why java beta than .net
http://helpdesk-software.ws/it/29-04-2004.htm
As you can see the article was written more than 8 years ago. Looking at number 7, it talks about stored procedure, microsoft sql server supports stored procedure, which iv used and still using with my c#. I don't really like comparing programming languages, mine is what can you do with the programming language you know? I look at the project I want to do and see which programming language best suit it. In fact I use Java JSP for my final year project while in school, because the Library I needed to run my project was written in Java. The type of project I want to do determines my programming language, if python will suit my project then I'll use it. #shikena
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by simpleseyi: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Pls come to my aid. I need somebody to teach me .NET programming to professional level. I know old programming languages like Qbasic, Fortran, Cobol e.t.c. Please help the needy, its urgent. God bless us all.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by mj(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
simpleseyi: Pls come to my aid. I need somebody to teach me .NET programming to professional level. I know old programming languages like Qbasic, Fortran, Cobol e.t.c. Please help the needy, its urgent. God bless us all.
Send a mail:
oshadamidotmjatgmaildotcom
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Christian529: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
seyi..you are funny, y wait for someone to teach you a programming language when you can get books and videos to help yourself....part of being a programmer is to try and cultivate the habit of been self taught.....
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Ajibel(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
^^ that was 2yrs ago lau
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by beatzbyraiyub(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
.Net or c# is not better than java, it depends on what u want to do with it, cuz dz two are separately n powerful programming language, n its just dat there ar more .net or c# programmers compared to java programmers.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Abdulhakeem1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
Christian529:
seyi..you are funny, y wait for someone to teach you a programming language when you can get books and videos to help yourself....part of being a programmer is to try and cultivate the habit of been self taught.....
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD GOOD VIDEOS. Java specifically. Please dont ask me to google it. I already know dat. Just kinda need ur own Recomendation.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by ooman(m): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Abdulhakeem1:
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD GOOD VIDEOS. Java specifically. Please dont ask me to google it. I already know dat. Just kinda need ur own Recomendation.

Search on youtube.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Abdulhakeem1(m): 12:46am On Mar 23, 2015
Thanks @ooman, we cant do without youtube videos. Am a fan of it.
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by sunnico(m): 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
sbucareer:

What do you mean by native speed? Tell us the difference between a compiler and interpreter, taking the effort to explain the file Obj that the executable program MUST consult before executing its binary? Also tell us what you understand by software porting and its advantage(s) to today dynamic Software crisis

In your own opinion, tell us if the speed of memory, CPU and hardware architecture affects the time execution of software in today's infrastructure? Is your sentiments based on the days of 808 286 processor and when memory was only limited to 32MB? And when our motherboard can only shift 66MHz?

You still have not made yourself clear by native code. [url=http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=deskbar&q=define%3A+native+code]There is the definition of a native code[/url].
Do you know at all how program are compiled or interpreted? If you know then you MUST understand the frustration of interpreting or importing a native code into your program.

While on that learn more about JVM the heart of java compiler.

Long time ago from version 1.1, Java has got properties, delegates and resently generics. When you say richer in language to Java explaine?

Java has got lookAndFeel that mirros the current operating system you are using if you do not like the look and feel of java. You are already used to MS GUI, so if any software does not look like MS GUI it is not good in your eyes.

import javax.swing.UIManager;

try
     {
              UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
     catch(Exception e){
             e.printStackTrace();
    }

You never stop to amaze me, Mono what is Mono. It was never built for MS. Mono is the name of an open source project led by Novell and later adapoted by MS in its quest to pass J2EE.

Another thing you failed to understand is that J2EE is a specification, unlike .NET, which is a requirements for developing enterprise application. In J2EE you can buy the licence from Sun and develop it in any language. Like BEA have J2EE in C/C++ IBM web sphere has it in Java and C/C++ WebLogic has it in many languages and JBoss I think has it other than Java. When you download Netbeans you would see C/C++ plugins for J2EE application development

Do you know why many company uses Java as it primary tool? Research about CORBA, the father of enterprise application and why CORBA did not make it bigtime and who where behind CORBA project?

He talks about games and 3D. I am not even going to bother myself. I wonder why all major mobile phone developer uses Java as their primary game platform?

What do you understand by open source? Now, tell us how many people or company(s) are developing .NET? Let me answer that, only MS. How many people are developing J2EE? Hundreds.

Sun research about technology and come up with specification. They patent it. You go to them and obtain exclusive licence to use the specification and modify it to suite you needs, unlike MS.

Majority of java API are developed by subproject groups and submitted to Sun for Inclusion. Like Web API was developed by Jakarta under Apache guidelines. 3D API was mostly developed my Game companies like Sony and asked Sun for Inclusion, unlike MS, they think they know it all. You cannot even write a recommendations to MS.

Here are the meanings of [url=http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=deskbar&q=define%3A+Open+Source]open source[/url]

Everybody here can answer this one. MS key strategic competition is MONOPOLY. If Sun wants you to write .NET in Java platform MS have to remove some of the proprietary licence restriction before Sun can do that, but MS would not. After you would start to talk about open source. Java is open source that is why MS can write Java in .NET.

Yes we agree, an exhaustive ignorant list, and whether you asked or not you should know that people will criticise an uneducated post.

I am sorry to be pain in the butt. But when you come up with constructive argument then I will dove my hat for you. Although, .NET has got it strengths to Java but not the ones you enumerated above. None of them is correct. If you talking about .NET been easy to code and implement I would accept. If you said easy IDE, I would accept, if you said time of development I would accept. But all these has give ups. When a language tries to compete in the global market by giving up some or all the difficult aspect of its predecessor, then lots of issues arise. Like, security, interoperability, façade-able etc.

These issues you did not even mention them in your post. We all know how MS is virus prone. We all know why the most powerful OS in the world today (Unix) NEVER supported executable files like the ones MS uses. MS tried to correct this by creating ActiveX controls and .DLL and .COM. We all know where these technologies are now, today.
Nice one man

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by olaleyeoladejo: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
As an aspiring/new programmer, it can be challenging to decide which language to program in.

C# is the best choice of language for people new to object oriented programming based on factors including learning curve, job specific requirements, platform specifics, or a plethora of other criteria.The C# programming language was created from the ground up to be an object-oriented programming language that offers ease of use, familiarity to C/C++ and Java developers, along with enhanced memory and resource management.

Benefits of Learning C#

From an employer's perspective C# developers are highly in demand
The language is constantly adding new and more powerful features
It runs on platforms other than windows using Mono Project
The Visual Studio tool-set is the best developer environment in the planet
C# can be used to develop many types of applications including: Desktop application(Windows for,WPF), Web Application(ASP.Net), Mobile Application(Xamarin...)
TRAIN TO BE A C# DEVELOPER(WINDOWS APP AND MOBILE APP)

Handson C# Training
Develop a desktop application.
Develop a cross-platform mobile application with Xamarin (Windows , IOS, Android)
Price: N40000
4 Weekends(Sat: 10am - 2pm and Sun: 1pm -5pm)
November Training starts: November 7.
Venue: Orchid Hotel- Plot 3 Dreamworld Africana Way, By Chevron Toll Gate, Lekki-Epe ExpressWay Lagos
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by teampregar(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
java has generics and properties oh. the only better side of .NET to java is its runtime speed..
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Mich43l(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Personally I think we can always find 10 reasons why Language A is better than Language B. But that doesnt also mean we can't also find 10 reasons why Language B is better than Language A. They all have their quirks. It really depends on what yo want to achieve. I think it would be fair to say I can give 100 reasons why HTML is better than dotNET when you want to build a website.

The main thing to do is to know what you want to build and what language is best suited for it.

Some programming languages include:

(1) Java

(2) Python

(3) PHP and MySQL trainings

etc...

It depends on what you want to achieve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by dablazinkss(m): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hey guy I created a whatsapp group for .net developer (both current and prospective) through which we can learn new stuff, expand our knowledge, e.tc. To join drop your whatsApp number or simple send me a whatsApp message and request to be added.

Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by Mrbabra: 1:15am On Jul 15, 2017
Mark Zuckerberg facebook (founder) make speech concerning programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTMubSRm5MY
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by bammy2050(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Get any UDEMY course you want directly to your drive(cloud storage like Google drive,one drive, and mega) for 1K per course. This would have been nicely extracted and available for offline consumption.

You can also download it to your laptop or phone or even watch directly from your drive online.

If interested, add me up on whatsapp: zero seven zero eight five three one six two seven three
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by neutral2000: 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
In my opinion,

Java
More secured
Multi-platform (os) support

.Net
Better graphics
Easier to learn
Re: 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java by charlyazods(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
[url]Goodtalent.io[/url]: The Tech Talent Marketplace - Access to Tech Gigs/Opportunities

Goodtalent.io is a Tech Talent Marketplace for top hiring organizations to find, engage and hire vetted Techies. Verify any Tech skill you have and get access to all opportunities and be searchable to all companies on the platform.

Get started using the guide below;
docs.google.com/document/d/1h30yFODY6qQmMeY6S2l9LsUR-Pbq409ru7hFgxsXXYo/edit?usp=sharing

For support: kindly email team@goodtalent.io

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.