Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE (6544 Views)

Egbesu Militants Join Ipob Orders FG To Releases Kanu, Dasuki Within 7days / Egbesu Militants Give Muslims In Niger-Delta 7-Days To Leave / Egbesu Fraternity Claim Responsibility For Sapele Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ Beaf,

That quote or that letter does not make him a Nembe.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2010
Pennywise:

Jonathan Ebere Goodluck. You wonder if this is not an Ibo presidency through the back door. smiley

And if it is? Are you better than any Igbo?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

@ Beaf,

That letter does not make him a Nembe.

In the same post with the link to the letter, I wrote that it doesn't.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is this not your previous post?

Beaf:

Jonathan is Nembe, even though he is from Ogbia. Don't forget that he is from a border area as I said above, so its quite possible (maybe, even expected) that he has some Igbo blood.

So how do you know he's Nembe?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2010
^
It is my opinion that Jonathan is Nembe. How does the above imply that the Nembe kings letter makes Jonathan a Nembe man? shocked
If you can prove he isn't Nembe, simply make your point. We are listening.

As far as I know, Jonathan is from Ogbia because he was born there. In some political circles, he is held as Nembe.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

^
It is my opinion that Jonathan is Nembe. How does the above imply that the Nembe kings letter makes Jonathan a Nembe man? shocked

After stating categorically that Jonathan is Nembe, you went ahead and posted a quote and a link to a letter from Nembe King probably to substantiate your claim; if not, what’s the essence of the quote and the link?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

Is Jonathan Ekpeye?
Is Jonathan Ijaw?

If you're not sure of the above questions, don't say a damn thing!   angry Keep your mouth shut and get off the computer and wait for those with valid answers to air their opinion.

This guess guess thing from slowpokes is driving me nuts.

olodo . . .so what have you come up with now cuz i see you are still struggling with beaf,mr 2 know
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2010
This was one of my posts. I'm still waiting for someone with credible facts to tell who he is (because I don’t know) and not guesses.

006:

Is Jonathan Ekpeye?
Is Jonathan Ijaw?

If you're not sure of the above questions, don't say a damn thing!   angry Keep your mouth shut and get off the computer and wait for those with valid answers to air their opinion.

Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

olodo . . .so what have you come up with now cuz i see you are still struggling with beaf,mr 2 know

Don't mind the quarrelsome dude.

006:

After stating categorically that Jonathan is Nembe, you went ahead and posted a quote and a link to a letter from Nembe King probably to substantiate your claim; if not, what’s the essence of the quote and the link?

I really don't appreciate arguments that aren't in the least bit important, like arguing over whether bread can be white or brown. Charlie, I said Jonathan is Nembe, if you have proof that he isn't please post it. Or if you have no point, sit down and watch.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

This was one of my posts. I'm still waiting for someone with credible facts to tell who he is (because I don’t know) and not guesses.

what are you doing on the thread then ? Insulting people that dont say what you feel like hearing abi ? Na wao
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

^
If you can prove he isn't Nembe, simply make your point. We are listening.

As far as I know, Jonathan is from Ogbia because he was born there. In some political circles, he is held as Nembe.

Well the bolded shows that you don't know what you're talking about. Should I say you're a liar?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

Well the bolded shows that you don't know what you're talking about. Should I say you're a liar?

And should I call you an ID!OT for engaging in a topic you have confessed to knowing zero about? grin grin grin

006:

grin grin grin grin
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is Jonathan Ekpeye?
Is Jonathan Ijaw?

If you're not sure of the above questions, don't say a damn thing!  Keep your mouth shut and get off the computer and wait for those with valid answers to air their opinion.

Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

Is Jonathan Ekpeye?
Is Jonathan Ijaw?

If you're not sure of the above questions, don't say a damn thing!  Keep your mouth shut and get off the computer and wait for those with valid answers to air their opinion.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is it possible to ask more stup!d questions than the bolded? Even babies know that Jonathan is Ijaw.

You're tired. grin
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf
just ignore this guy jo. .arguing with him is like talking to a wall.the funniest part is his ignorant of the topic.so why arguing with an ignorant ?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Beaf
just ignore this guy jo. .arguing with him is like talking to a wall.the funniest part is his ignorant of the topic.so why arguing with an ignorant ?

Abi o! The mugu just came in, and is "cleverly" waiting for people to come and answer the two foolish questions he has asked. na wa!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

It is my opinion that Jonathan is Nembe.

Well your opinion doesn’t count, so move away for those with credible facts to say something that’s reliable.

Mind you, I didn’t create the thread. So there are people that need answers, credible answers and not your s.tupid opinion.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

Well your opinion doesn’t count, so move away for those with credible facts to say something that’s reliable.

Mind you, I didn’t create the thread. So there are people that need answers, credible answers and not your s.tupid opinion.

If you noticed, the person who posted did not ask the two stup!d questions you did. grin
The OP wondered about the origin of the names "Ebele" and "Azikiwe", not the foolishness of whether Jonathan is Ekpeye or whatever. Na wa!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

If you noticed, the person who posted did not ask the two stup!d questions you did. grin
The OP wondered about the origin of the names "Ebele" and "Azikiwe", not the foolishness of whether Jonathan is Ekpeye or whatever. Na wa!

Well I’m glad you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, so I’ll continue waiting for credible people not the falsehood coming from you. I said, move away!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2010
^
Thank you for the show, lets see you wait till old age. grin
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by DeepSoul(f): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
It amazes me when people that know nothing just open their mouths and talk rubbish!

Jonathan is an Ogbia man.
Ogbia and Nembe are two different places.
The only similarities btwn both places is the fact that they are both under the same senatorial district and share the same boundary.
Nembe is a Local Govt Area in Bayelsa State. Ogbia is a Local Govt Area in Bayelsa State. Each is independent in that regard.

The name "Ebele" was originally borne by Goodluck Jonathan's father.
The name was just incorporated (I wonder why) into his names.
I.e My father's name is Mr. John Mark. My name is Miss Mary Mark.
Somewhere along the line, I decide to bear Miss Mary John Mark. Big deal!

As for the name "Ebele" being Igbo, that I am not entirely sure of.
In those days, Ijaw people had an interesting knack for giving their children names on very funny basis.
E.g I have a cousin named Russia; I know a man from my mother's village named America. . .
They were given those names because sm1 in the family at the time paid a visit to those countries.

In this case of Goodluck's father bearing the name "Ebele", it's either he was given the name in honour of a man named "Ebele" or his mother or grandmother was Igbo.

I am 100% Ijaw. However, my paternal great grand mother was Igbo. Let's assume her name was Nkechi.
It would be very amusing to see the name "Nkechi" inserted amongst my names if I become President.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

^
Thank you for the show, lets see you wait till old age. grin

Hahahaha, maybe I don’t have to wait for ages after all, it seems like some facts are trickling in.   wink
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by naijaking1: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
Whether Jonathan is Igbo, Ijaw, Ogoni, or Ibibio one thing is clear, eastern Nigerians are more related by blood, culture, and proximity than contemporary Nigerian politics would have us believe.
---Another reason why all should support GJ to do a good job and make us proud in office.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by AndreUweh(m): 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2010
G.E.J emergence as no. 1 citizen of Nigeria today is because of his south-south geo-politcal affiliation.
Even if he is Igbo, he is not the one Igbo people are expecting.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by naijaking1: 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
Andre Uweh:

G.E.J emergence as no. 1 citizen of Nigeria today is because of his south-south geo-politcal affiliation.
Even if he is Igbo, he is not the one Igbo people are expecting.

Who are the Igbos expecting? Somebody named Ibrahim? Mohammed?, or Sanusi
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
goodness me does it really matter?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by OAM4J: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
For God sake, what we know already is enough.

He was born in Bayelsa state, grew up there and became the Governor of the state.

Who cares if his name is more Igbo than Ijaw? He is from Bayelsa State - Period!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by naijaking1: 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2010
OAM4J:

For God sake, what we know already is enough.

He was born in Bayelsa state, grew up there and became the Governor of the state.

Who cares if his name is more Igbo than Ijaw? He is from Bayelsa State - Period!

Thank you! We have Adebayos in Oyo, Ogun, and Edo state, and even in Benin Republic too? Why do we care so much
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

The man seems to be an Ekpeye who after the BIAFRA war (Ekpeye fought with their Igbo kits against the federal govt) decided to become an Ijaw grin grin grin grin. either way, God dey. Hahahahah!

ok!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by EzeUche(m): 9:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
He is not from a core Igbo area, so he cannot be considered a core Igbo man. If I ever became president of Nigeria, Igbos would say that I am Ibibio or a mutt due to my Aro ancestry.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Ibime(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2010
Deep Soul:

I.e My father's name is Mr. John Mark. My name is Miss Mary Mark.
Somewhere along the line, I decide to bear Miss Mary John Mark. Big deal!

Hi Miss Mary Mark. . . . hehehehehe. . . .

@ topic,

Anyone familiar with Ijaw names should know that it is not uncommon for Ijaws to bear Igbo names and have Igbo ancestors. My family name is Uwakwe for example.

I have heard that Jonathan's estranged father is of Okrika lineage sef, and that Ogbia is his mothers town. Heavy Igbo influence in Okrika could explain his name . . . possibly.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Sauron1: 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ibime:

Hi Miss Mary Mark. . . . hehehehehe. . . .

@ topic,

Anyone familiar with Ijaw names should know that it is not uncommon for Ijaws to bear Igbo names and have Igbo ancestors. My family name is Uwakwe for example.

I have heard that Jonathan's estranged father is of Okrika lineage sef, and that Ogbia is his mothers town. Heavy Igbo influence in Okrika could explain his name . . . possibly.

Ibime, are you really from Okrika?
What is the link between your people and second hand products?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable / Okonjo-iweala Announces Fuel Subsidies Will Be Removed - GEJ Please Sack Her Now / Plateau APC Group Tells Tinubu Not To Reward Members Who Worked Against APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.