Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE (6543 Views)

Egbesu Militants Join Ipob Orders FG To Releases Kanu, Dasuki Within 7days / Egbesu Militants Give Muslims In Niger-Delta 7-Days To Leave / Egbesu Fraternity Claim Responsibility For Sapele Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
^^^

Are some persons more Ijaw than others?
Why are some Ijaw folks vehemently against his ascendency - their very first in Nigeria when there is no case against him that he had offended them?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
^
Its just politics. Everyone is tugging for attention, JRC always demands answers in very robust ways. They simply want development of the region to be seriously stepped up.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Becomrich0: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is accent may also be link with Living in port harcourt among Ikwerri people.

Jonathan is not from nembe .

Abagworo , there is no ethnics group call Ogbia, Ogbia is a local govt, it has Ijaw and Ekpeye people( igbo) in it. When Diepreye Alamieyeseigha had to pick a deputy governor, he must like did not pick Ijaw man because he was already Ijaw. So he picked Ekpeye man.

EzeUche there is no Eastern accent. Ijaw people have a different accent from Igbo people. And calabar people have a different accent from Igbo people.

Everybody in nigeria knows that. Fish  is one of the word, you would use to know ijaw people.

My online search shows the Ekpeye people were very happy when he became governor of bayelsa state.  

And Mumu Gee ( Ekpeye music star) is very close to Jonathan, When she made the her first album, she made sure to invite the most important Ekpeye man as chairman of the program. Who was Goodluck Jonathan. So the story that Jonathan is dating Mumu Gee is not correct, but she is only close to Jonathan became  Jonathan is likely an ekpeye man ( igbo) ,mumu gee is an Ekpeye woman. And may have family link to Jonathan.

But why should Jonathan been an Ekpeye man( igbo) matter to you people.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
^
See the silly clown mapping off foolishly as usual. Is Ogbia not Nembe speaking? Abeg keep yourself to google and Ilorin.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ Becomrich

You're right, GEJ was born in Otuoke in Ogbia Local Government Area and Ogbia is made up of Ekpeye and Ijaw.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

For the curious, Goodluck Jonathan is Ijaw from Nembe in Bayelsa. His father was a canoe maker, but the man has risen to become President (there really is God).
I've included a few pics of Nembe life and culture below;

War dance

A mask

A hut on Nembe creek

King of Nembe land

if you wait long enouggh,, beaf will give us johnny the messiah's entire lifr story

i'm pretty sure obj, abacha, ibb etal also had humble beginnings - wonder if beaf would ascribe their ruling nigeria to 'there really is God' i
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

if you wait long enouggh,, beaf will give us johnny the messiah's entire lifr story

i'm pretty sure obj, abacha, ibb etal also had humble beginnings - wonder if beaf would ascribe their ruling nigeria to 'there really is God' i

Childish. cry
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
darn!!

our neurotic tantrum thrower has grown up. . . somewhat cheesy cheesy

whatever happened to those gas chamber fire your family rants cheesy cheesy cheesy

if the elevantion of an ijaw son of a canoe maker to president is the work of God, then the elevation of those nasty northerner/yoruba sons of impoverished farmers is also the work of God - deal with it
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

darn!!

our neurotic tantrum thrower has grown up. . . somewhat cheesy cheesy

whatever happened to those gas chamber fire your family rants cheesy cheesy cheesy

if the elevantion of an ijaw son of a canoe maker to president is the work of God, then the elevation of those nasty northerner/yoruba sons of impoverished farmers is also the work of God - deal with it

You are just so stup!d, but you fail to realise it. While other folks have come here to find out a bit more about our President, you are more about personal and tribalist sentiments; I have better things to do. Unfortunately for people like you, [size=14pt]Jonathan is the President[/size]; I just don't see why you can't live with the fact that he is not from the conservative North.

Nothing you do or say or wish or dream can make the man Hausa-Fulani. grin grin grin grin

Instead of heading your cows from East to West, you keep dabbling in matters above your limited brain power. grin You can be jealous! Jonathan is an Ijaw man and a 100% Nigerian!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ekpeye people do not want to associate themselves with Igbos, even though they have a strong Igbo linkage. Yes, if Jonathan is from Ogbia comprised of Ijaw and Ekpeye, then his Ekpeye (igboid) ancestry should explain his names, Ebele and Azikiwe. So then he is a mut presido (the real one-Nigerian)shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekpeye_people

Ekpeye is a language, a people, a culture and an ethnic kingdom in southeastern Nigeria.[1] The Ekpeye are usually included as a subgroup of the Igbo people on linguistic and cultural grounds.[2][3] They speak an Igboid language.[4][5][6] Ekpeye people living in the Ahoada and Ogba-Egbema areas of Rivers State in Nigeria were a population of 80,000 (1991 census), that has increased 63% to approximately 130,000, according to the 2006 census estimates.[citation needed]
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

^
Its just politics. Everyone is tugging for attention, JRC always demands answers in very robust ways. They simply want development of the region to be seriously stepped up.
this aspect of it being political is one that can't be easily ignored.the JRC may be seeking attention but there presentation seems like that of a group out that may actually be saying the truth even though it may stand unaccepted.maybe Goodluckl should tell us his fathers' in Ijawland and JRC should also furnish us with proof that linked him with the igbo.names can just be a coincidence
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan
Jonathan was born in Otueke in Ogbia Local Government Area of the then Eastern Region, later Rivers State, now Bayelsa State.[1] He holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Zoology in which he attained Second Class Honours, Upper Division. He also holds an M.Sc. in Hydrobiology/Fisheries biology, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Zoology from the University of Port Harcourt. After obtaining his degree, he worked as an education inspector, lecturer, and environmental-protection officer, until he decided to enter politics in 1998.[3]

He is married to Patience Faka Jonathan and has two children.[4] Jonathan is a member of the Ijaw ethnic group.[5]
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
The man seems to be an Ekpeye who after the BIAFRA war (Ekpeye fought with their Igbo kits against the federal govt) decided to become an Ijaw grin grin grin grin. either way, God dey. Hahahahah!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

You are just so stup!d, but you fail to realise it. While other folks have come here to find out a bit more about our President, you are more about personal and tribalist sentiments; I have better things to do. Unfortunately for people like you, [size=14pt]Jonathan is the President[/size]; I just don't see why you can't live with the fact that he is not from the conservative North.

Nothing you do or say or wish or dream can make the man Hausa-Fulani. grin grin grin grin

Instead of heading your cows from East to West, you keep dabbling in matters above your limited brain power. grin You can be jealous! Jonathan is an Ijaw man and a 100% Nigerian!

unlike you, i'm indifferent to the tribe of our leaders - i criticise them all in equal measure - obj, yardua - it is tribalists of your ilk whose sons can do no wrong . discerning unbiased nigerians have observed that johnny is buiness as usual - just like those evil cattle herders - does his wife not have a case with efcc? is he not presiding over squandermania of our nations resources

anyway instead of hyperventilating and gassing all over the place, you can hit us up with johnny's authorized bio - shebi you are practically a amember of the family  tongue
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

this aspect of it being political is one that can't be easily ignored.the JRC may be seeking attention but there presentation seems like that of a group out that may actually be saying the truth even though it may stand unaccepted.maybe Goodluckl should tell us his fathers' in Ijawland and JRC should also furnish us with proof that linked him with the igbo.names can just be a coincidence

Rotational presidency is not based on tribe but on regions. Even if the president is Igbo (on account of his Ekepeyeness) from south south, it will not affect the presidency from the south east when the time comes.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan
Jonathan was born in Otueke in Ogbia Local Government Area of the then Eastern Region, later Rivers State, now Bayelsa State.[1] He holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Zoology in which he attained Second Class Honours, Upper Division. He also holds an M.Sc. in Hydrobiology/Fisheries biology, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Zoology from the University of Port Harcourt. After obtaining his degree, he worked as an education inspector, lecturer, and environmental-protection officer, until he decided to enter politics in 1998.[3]

He is married to Patience Faka Jonathan and has two children.[4] Jonathan is a member of the Ijaw ethnic group.[5]

i am sure johnny's authorized biographer mr beaf is responsible for this article cheesy cheesy
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

unlike you, i'm indifferent to the tribe of our leaders - i criticise them all in equal measure - obj, yardua - it is tribalists of your ilk whose sons can do no wrong . discerning unbiased nigerians have observed that johnny is buiness as usual - just like those evil cattle herders - does his wife not have a case with efcc? is he not presiding over squandermania of our nations resources

anyway instead of hyperventilating and gassing all over the place, you can hit us up with johnny's authorized bio - shebi you are practically a amember of the family  tongue

Youy are just sounding more and more foolish; I am not even from Jonathans place, ethnic group or state. Keep airing your arse through your mouth, its quite entertaining. grin

. . .One fact remains though, Jonathan is Ijaw, he might even have Igbo roots, but no amount of dreaming on your part can make him Hausa-Fulani. Abeg go and tend to your cows, just like the lowly amongst your folk do; your little brain is better off running after malu's across the sahara, than comprehending the simplest of political topics. grin grin grin grin

Jealousy is a very bad thing. cool

~Bluetooth:

I do not see Jonathans origins as being political. He is a 100% Nigerian and thats what matters most. His place is on the border between Igbo land and Ijaw land, so there are bound to be several cross-cultural influences, much like Ondo people having some Edo titles or some Urhobo bearing Itsekiri names and the other way round etc.
What is known, is that his dad named him Goodluck; we don't know what names his mother gave him.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
I am not able to see that there are Ekpeye people in Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State. There is so much confu in the whole thing. However I remeber a friend of my dad's who was from Ogbia and an avowed Ijaw man. He speaks Igbo better than many Igbos and also has an Igbo middle name.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

I am not able to see that there are Ekpeye people in Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State. There is so much confu in the whole thing. However I remeber a friend of my dad's who was from Ogbia and an avowed Ijaw man. He speaks Igbo better than many Igbos and also has an Igbo middle name.

Jonathan is Nembe, even though he is from Ogbia. Don't forget that he is from a border area as I said above, so its quite possible (maybe, even expected) that he has some Igbo blood.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Abagworo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
@becomerich.ogbia is an ethnic group and also a local government area.some ogbias deny being ijaw.it however seems to lie in their origin which differs from izon(considered to be purest of ijaw).they are ijaw just like ika is igbo.i happen to know much about bayelsa due to interactions.nembe also view themselves as a different ethnic group at state level but ijaw at national level.jonathan is an ogbia ijawman with national interest like nnamdi azikiwe his namesake.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

Youy are just sounding more and more foolish; I am not even from Jonathans place, ethnic group or state. Keep airing your arse through your mouth, its quite entertaining. grin

. . .One fact remains though, Jonathan is Ijaw, he might even have Igbo roots, but no amount of dreaming on your part can make him Hausa-Fulani. Abeg go and tend to your cows, just like the lowly amongst your folk do; your little brain is better off running after malu's across the sahara, than comprehending the simplest of political topics. grin grin grin grin

Jealousy is a very bad thing. cool

I do not see Jonathans origins as being political. He is a 100% Nigerian and thats what matters most. His place is on the border between Igbo land and Ijaw land, so there are bound to be several cross-cultural influences, much like Ondo people having some Edo titles or some Urhobo bearing Itsekiri names and the other way round etc.
What is known, is that his dad named him Goodluck; we don't know what names his mother gave him.
Mr Fire:

Rotational presidency is not based on tribe but on regions. Even if the president is Igbo (on account of his Ekepeyeness) from south south, it will not affect the presidency from the south east when the time comes.
if rotational presidency comes to play,then the origin of the president becomes a necessity.there is really no big deal in this issue since he has follow the path of the ijaw,so this igbo thing is unnecessary
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Woke4all(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
Does his name really determines where he's from? I have seen people from other tribes giving thier children yoruba or other tribal names just for liking sake
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
It's funny when some slowpokes say things they are not sure of - just crazy!
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
006:

It's funny when some slowpokes say things they are not sure of - just crazy!
i dont think the guy is an id!ot.how do you explain a name like '' CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI ''
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

For the curious, Goodluck Jonathan is Ijaw from Nembe in Bayelsa. His father was a canoe maker, but the man has risen to become President (there really is God).

yes, this beats obama's story of how his own father herded goats.

is jonathan being primed to replace him?

i'd say jonathan 1 obama 0 in the oneupmanship.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by 006(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is Jonathan Ekpeye?
Is Jonathan Ijaw?

If you're not sure of the above questions, don't say a damn thing!   angry Keep your mouth shut and get off the computer and wait for those with valid answers to air their opinion.

This guess guess thing from slowpokes is driving me nuts.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Becomrich0: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
If Jonathan is not Ijaw, what different does it make. So he is Igbo, who cares.  

Well some igbos claim other ethnics group to get scholarship and admission. So he is igbo, and not ijaw. Who cares. How does that affect you people. I still dont get it.

Ekpeye people are in bayelsa state too in Ogbia local govt, on the border of river state and bayelsa state, that what the bayelsa state website says. So he is Igbo. so what.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf: How is Jonathan Nembe, a place almost on the coast close to Brass, whereas Ogbia is between Rivers and Bayelsa, far more upland? I recognise, though, that all three places mentioned in this post were under one LGA previously: Brass.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
Here is the origin of Uncle Joes Igbo name, "Azikiwe", as told by the King of Nembe land, His Majesty Nengi Josef Ilagha Mingi XII, Amanyanabo of Nembe;

Even so, the paternal grandmother of this jolly good chap had a vision for her grandson. She called him Azikiwe, in the hope that the illustrious name would leave a political imprint of glory on his impressionable mind, and lead him to repeat the exploits of the Great Zik of Africa. The old woman did not hope in vain. Early in life, the lad marked himself apart from his peers. He was christened Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Today, many years after he took up chalk and slate, he holds a doctorate degree in Zoology and serves under President Umar Musa Yar’Adua as the first Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to emerge from the south-south geo-political zone in the 49-year history of Nigeria.

http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/Essays/ilagha/epistle_VP.htm

Here is another article from the King of Nembe land, this time, it is a letter written at the height of the Yar Adua cabal crisis, imploring Goodluck Jonathan to come back home to his people.

The editorial board of Waado.org is packed brimful with Ph.D's under the leadership of Peter P. Ekeh, Ph.D; there isn't a more authoritative source in the country.
The only curious bit to me, is that it is difficult to ascertain if the Nembe King is writing as a fellow Ijaw man or because Jonathan is Nembe. One thing is sure though, he is from Ogbia (by place of birth).
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

Beaf: How is Jonathan Nembe, a place almost on the coast close to Brass, whereas Ogbia is between Rivers and Bayelsa, far more upland? I recognise, though, that all three places mentioned in this post were under one LGA previously: Brass.

I have seen it mentioned in Bayelsa politics, where some people were trying to sideline him as a Nembe minority who wasn't core Ijaw. I am finding it a bit difficult to actually pinpoint if his people were migrants or not and exactly how the a-Nembe thing plays, especially because of the distance as you've pointed out.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Pennywise(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2010
Jonathan Ebere Goodluck. You wonder if this is not an Ibo presidency through the back door. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

General Overseer, Foursquare Gospel Church, Nigeria, Pays Condole To Fashola / Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister / PHOTOS: Buhari Rides Much More Expensive Car Than GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.