Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (34989 Views)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Rexnegro(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2018
olawalepopoola:
If he picks from the East, Osibanjo factor will play out it the west and will be very hard for the north to vote for him cos of the political rifts between the Igbos and most part of the country
he's definitely at a crossroads not knowing where to look then ... bro you have said it all. more reasons PMB will win him next year
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by BestDude: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Did the Killing just started during Buhari’s era?. I don’t know that you Ipigs have started thinking with your anus
so because it didn't start during Buhari's tenure, that means it should be allowed... I wish you are one of the victims in current settings, not to die but at least you lose one of your legs from bombing like one in the video showed months ago... You won't need any automation to reset your thinking

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mandax: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
Buhari and Osinbajo

4+4

If Buhari steps down now for Osinbajo, Atiku goes no where near Aso Rock in 2019 election.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Amberon1: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2018
Just like the South West, right?
CityNGR:

SE has negligible votes

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by deScifa(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
I want to see any reasonable omoluabis that will come here and tell me trash

I will support my son, brother and leader 100%

It is more glarring by the day. In the first Republic we've ruled our selves in the West and played opposition well. Even at that we had the first of so many....they never voted for us and they never will. Against Abiola they voted for Tofa. Just like they made it clear for us to see that PDP is there's...thus the election will be east Vs west.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CityNGR: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2018
Amberon1:
Just like the South West, right?
Ok
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by opribo(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2018
Atiku is presidential, work has already begun. Thinking ahead, meanwhile, Bubu and his hang of looters are preoccupied with their rigging strategy.

With Atiku they cannot rig the election easily. That is why i am glad Atiku emerged as the winner. It is either they do the right thing else they destroy our democracy which they dont mind anyway since they have nothing to loose. grin

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mandax: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2018
In 2007, PDP chose it's VP from the SS. That VP eventually became president.

Now we have VP from the SW.
Therefore, it's ideal and votes catching for PDP to choose VP from the SE now.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by BestDude: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2018
bluecircle470:
One thing i have noticed about social media is that whoever that is popular/the majority are supporting always lose in real elections
Oga... Buhari was popular during 2015 and why did he win? Abeg..

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Therealev: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Moukandjo:

That's why I asked you to tell us where we are as against 2015 where Ebelemi left us! Give us facts & figures & compare relatively! Don't just give us this boring "here we are"!

Really ?
- Nigeria, overtakes Indian as World's Proverty Capital
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/nigeria-overtakes-india-as-worlds-poverty-capital-report/

- Over 4Million Nigerians lose their Jobs this year, according to NBS in 2017
https://punchng.com/four-million-nigerians-have-lost-their-jobs-this-year-nbs/

- Fuel price hike to #145, Buhari's first year gift to Nigerians
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/petrol-price-hike-buharis-1st-year-anniversary-gift-to-nigerians/

- Boko Haram running rampage on Nigeria Military after being "Technically defeated"
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/282179-31-soldiers-killed-19-wounded-as-boko-haram-raids-another-nigerian-army-base.html

- Herdsmen Rampage
https://punchng.com/herdsmen-attack-11-plateau-villages-kill-86-torch-50-houses/

- Nigeria, another 7.51Trillion Naira in Debt under Buharia (More than what PDP borrowed in 16yrs)
https://www.pulse.ng/news/business/president-buharis-administration-has-borrowed-n7-51-trillion-id7293416.html

- South Africa overtakes Nigeria as the Largest Economy on the Continent
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37045276

- Nigerians Lament the high cost of Commodities
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/99711/

- Nigeria Economy slips into recession
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-37228741

So you see my friend, the lists goes on and on. Me using the phrase "Here we are" is just to sum it up. Might I furnish you with anything else ?
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Ugosample(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Otunba2004:
did osinbajo put food on my table? We need good governance forget yoruba man, hausa or ibo man anybody that can deliver on their promises,, osinbajo has turned to bloody liar.

sacking Buhari should be the goal

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Delivar(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:
I’m just laughing in Spanish. I want to see how the Yorubas will abandon their son Osinbajo for an Atiku/Igbo candidature.

2019 will be interesting. Haha
Nogodye:
No sane Yoruba will abadon their own(Osinbajo) supporting another tribe for VP. ..If care is nt taking Yoruba will crying like our brother from the other side claiming marginalization in Atiku government but that won't happen...PMB till 2023
olawalepopoola:
If he picks from the East, Osibanjo factor will play out it the west and will be very hard for the north to vote for him cos of the political rifts between the Igbos and most part of the country
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!

Meanwhile the IPOB and massob are sure to enforce no voting agenda.... PDP cannot afford such nonsense! That was how they killed GEJ's career in 2015!!

I'll even give an AOC a southwesterner like Dr Akinwunmi Adesina. If he picks Fayose we are going with Osinbajo!!

It doesn't matter. If Atiku picks a running mate from the east he will not only be getting south east votes, but both south east and south south combined. A combination of south east and south south should suppress the south west. Middle belt will likely vote Atiku. Then taking a good chunk of votes from the north will be enough to send Buhari back to Daura.

You guys think Nigeria is only east and west
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mandax: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2018
Okay oooo
Tory wowo.

PDP started the story of political leadership of Nigeria from 1999, instead of from 1960.
That's why PDP zones it's presidential ticket to north.

Northern region has ruled Nigeria since 1960 for more than 40 years.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by KanwuliaMama: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2018
akdjr:
So FFK, Fayose, Adeleke are not bette

Tinubu has messed them up by stealing their mandates. By better, I mean not being thrashed by Tinubu and APC-INEC.

Can they checkmate TINUBU?

They are very few!
And only time will tell who ends up in Tinubu and BUHARI’S arssses! wink

FFK is a lone voice. They are very few and have no real powers in the SW.

Agbaje is trying in Lagos, but we know he can’t face the rigging might of Tinubu!

It is difficult to stay strong in the face of APC persecution. But if your mandate is stolen, you are compromised. kiss
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2018
Smart move. I think he should pick Peter Obi, Barth Nnaji or Orji Uzor Kalu. Any semi-decent politician from the southeast (no Nigerian politician is clean) to corner the block of votes from the Ibos They do sentiments too, just like the north. The southwest and southsouth will vote against Buhari for sure then the big fight is up there in the north.

We need to kick the illiterate cowhand out of Aso Rock come 2019 else Nigeria becomes history.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by milemimi93(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

I am NOT going to debate this. If Atiku picks an Ibo candidate...then Buhari till 2023 in the SW. All the votes of SS and se will not save him.
SS belongs to PMB. SE for Atiku
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by EternalTruths: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2018
milemimi93:
SS belongs to PMB. SE for Atiku

Oshogbo weed in action.

SS/SE/Christian North/Shia Muslims/Hungry Sunni Muslims are for Atiku.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by milemimi93(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:
Smart move. I think he should pick Peter Obi, Barth Nnaji or Orji Uzor Kalu. Any semi-decent politician from the southeast (no Nigerian politician is clean) to corner the block of votes from the Ibos They do sentiments too, just like the north. The southwest and southsouth will vote against Buhari for sure then the big fight is up there in the north.

We need to kick the illiterate cowhand out of Aso Rock come 2019 else Nigeria becomes history.
SW can't abandoned their son to vote for Atiku... SS belongs to PMB..

SE will vote for Atiku while PMB and Atiku will fight for the North..

The bitter truth is, votes don't count in Nigerian politics..

We already know our next President.

Ur PVC is useless..
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mandax: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

Can they checkmate TINUBU

FFK is a lone voice. They are very few and have no real powers in the SW.

Agbaje is trying in Lagos, but we know he can’t face the rigging might of Tinubu!

USING TACTICS DISCOURAGING NON INDIGENES FROM REGISTRATION TO VOTE;

ELIMINATING NON INDIGINES FROM VOTERS REGISTER;

These are how Tinubu clutches tightly to winning Lagos elections, and indeed, most of the southwest region.

In 2015 presidential election, Lagos could not produce up to 2.5 million votes from Lagos population of about 15 million people. Most absurd.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Rilwayne001: 10:25am On Oct 09, 2018
oluwaahmed:

U might be surprised the same scenario that played out for APC in 2015, might play out for PDP in 2019.
I don't see that happening..

if APC wins all the sw but lose NC,NE,SS,SE & share NW,

SS and SE, I agree. Notwithstanding, Buhari will do better in SS than he did in 2015. Why you think he'll lose NC and NE is what you need to tell me. On the contrary, he's certainly going to win both. Remember APC control those States. Besides, votes in NW won't be shared. Although Atiku will do better but Buhari will still win.

PDP wins automatically. That would be the end of coners in Nigeria politics for a very Long time. That will also mark the end of tinubu and OBJ.

You politically naive. You are not putting facts and situation of things into consideration.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by feb20james: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2018
opribo:
Atiku is presidential, work has already begun. Thinking ahead, meanwhile, Bubu and his hang of looters are preoccupied with their rigging strategy.

With Atiku they cannot rig the election easily. That is why i am glad Atiku emerged as the winner. It is either they do the right thing else they destroy our democracy which they dont mind anyway since they have nothing to loose. grin

bless u brother
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by TUBLEZ(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2018
TheGuyNextDoor:
Osinbajo is a good man but unfortunately some of us will abandon him because of the people he's paired with. We are talking about a Nation here not tribe. ATIKU might later disappoint too but we need a listening President. See the issues of SARS.... Osinbajo was able to fix when Buhari travelled. He didn't care.... We need to save this country. May God help us
i am yoruba but i will go for PETER OBI as vp..i can never support the likes of Fayose or Wike as vp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by technicallyrich(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Yorubas mooslem anyi kwekoritala na atikulate ka anyi ga eme n'afo na biabia. Buru n'uche onweghi nwafo ka bu odachi na ihe a anyi kwekoritala. I nu la? I bu ozu nwuru anwu.
my guy you are wise.only a fool will not know that the guy just want to cause issues for the igbos to divide.
I am from the ss and i will prefer a se vp or atleast a ss vp because pdp is a biafran party now(ss and se).

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Wahala90: 10:30am On Oct 09, 2018
Oya

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by lielbree: 10:31am On Oct 09, 2018
Offer the vp slot to Tiunbu to nominate!

We really need Atiku to win
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by KanwuliaMama: 10:32am On Oct 09, 2018
mandax:

USING TACTICS DISCOURAGING NON INDIGENES FROM REGISTRATION TO VOTE;

ELIMINATING NON INDIGINES FROM VOTERS REGISTER;

These are how Tinubu clutches tightly to winning Lagos elections, and indeed, most of the southwest region.

In 2015 presidential election, Lagos could not produce up to 2.5 million votes from Lagos population of about 15 million people. Most absurd.

There you go!
I pity SW sha!
They never use their senses and resources for their own good or Nigeria’s for that matter.
See as dem dey SCATTER DEMSELVES for one DRUG KING-PIN? Nothing to show but planting flowers all over Lagos for the past 20 years! grin

With all the brains and exposure they have, they will still degenerate to AMALA AND EWEDU POLITICS,

SHYTEHOLE KINGMAKERS controlled by a COCAINE-DEALER! cry

No SHAME AT ALL! angry
But na dem make noise pass o!
USSSSSSELESSSS THAAAAANGS!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Chukazu: 10:32am On Oct 09, 2018
.” It was also gathered that the South West has also launched a lobby for the position on grounds that it would serve as compensation for the way the region was sidelined during the national chairmanship

South West very greedy . After ruling the country for eight solid yrs through PDP platform and abandoning the party when needed, they still want to be vice president. ? Definition of Selfishness
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by DMerciful(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2018
Do you know the number of the igbos as an ethnic group in Nigeria? Who do you think voted for Jimi Agbaje? What was the margin?
CityNGR:

I am NOT going to debate this. If Atiku picks an Ibo candidate...then Buhari till 2023 in the SW. All the votes of SS and se will not save him.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by feb20james: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2018
geadom:
Who will the cap fit..??

Obi Ezekwesili
Ngozi Okonjiwuala
Peter Odili
Ike Ekweremmadu

The ladies are perfect for the VC cap, if Atiku wants a male running mate then Enyinnaya Abaribe is BEST.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by uthlaw: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2018
chiderakings33:

your son osibanjo and buharihave destroy this country with hunger and corruption
that is your business,we are voting our osibanjo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Soldiers Had An Accident In Borno While Rushing To Rescue Civilians (Video) / South African Newspaper, IOL, Knocks Buhari Over Frequent Foreign Medical Trips / Silverbird Reporter Beaten By Police During Resign Or Resume Protest In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.