Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (34992 Views)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Elliot2(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
The election is between the southeast and southwest
south west should for once do this favour to d east.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by haffaze777(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
CharliParker:
Atiku should not make that mistake of Choosing VP from South West. now look at it there is no PDP Govnor in South West, and almost SS and S East states are PDP who are supporting Atiku right from time now did he want to loose them. Even though Atiku use South West as VP or not the will or will not vote massively for him so let him go for the people that will vote massively for him.
You are right because majority of Yoruba hate PDP,so I don't want any idiot to start shouting how we betray them when win vote for APC in 2019,so let PDP chose their vice elsewhere.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by chikeson2008: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Atiku should pick Peter Obi as his running mate. He is a good candidate for the job. Okonjo Iwuala is a woman and cannot the rigrous stress and manuervering in campaign. As for Ekweremadu and Abaribe, we still need them in the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Dhugal: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
bestpunterever:
what you guys don't understand is that Atiku can't defeat Buhari in the north, didn't Atiku contest in 2011, did he win any state? No kwankaso would have even been a formidable opposition in the north for Buhari.
Atiku wasn't on ballot 2011.
Get back in class and learn, kid

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by bluecircle470: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
One thing i have noticed about social media is that whoever that is popular/the majority are supporting always lose in real elections

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by brown116: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

So you think Atiku is the man to save the country right. I don’t even know why we southerners are thinking this way. It’s just a common knowledge that both Buhari and Atiku are old men without any capabilities of ruling this country. Come to think of it, if we allow Atiku to become president , that means we are allowing probably 8years of irresponsible leadership from this old northern corp of leaders. Atiku is corrupt to the bone and it beats my imagination that people keep anchoring for an Atiku. It just saddens me, I think Nigeria deserves everything we get Caz we just can’t think right.

Attached is a link of the United state senate committee using Atiku corruption as a case study in the US senate.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FOREIGNCORRUPTIONREPORTFINAL710.pdf

Ask yourself if this is the kind of president you want for Nigeria.
so when u where voting buhari, u didn't know u where handly power to old northerners, Mr man ur format will not work this time around. Nigerians have decided anybody but buhari

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by blackgold90(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:
I’m just laughing in Spanish. I want to see how the Yorubas will abandon their son Osinbajo for an Atiku/Igbo candidature.

2019 will be interesting. Haha

Yoruba will not abandon Osinbajo let their 6 states votes APC
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Moukandjo: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
Therealev:
I'm Yoruba, and personally I do not have an issue from wherever he picks his running mate. Isnt it this same bigotry that got us here in the first place. Ethnic bigotry and political sentiments. Instead of focusing on those that can do the Job and do it effectively, we are shouting marginalization and segregation. Track records should speak for themselves, I do not think Atiku is a nepotist such as the current one, so be it Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, as long as it's going to get the Country working, I'm good. A good Candidate would be NOJ. We wont cos of tribalism pick a wrong one. I'm with Atiku on this one. On a lighter note, imagine of the biggest transfers in football like Figo crossing to Madrid from Barca. In the same vein, Imagine Osibanjo crossing to PDP and becoming the VP, that will be huge. I dont think Yorubas really want Buhari, they are just sticking to him because of Osibanjo.
Can you explain this? Where we are now? Una don come with your usual warped narrative!
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Ugosample(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
teepain:

But you have 2 Northern/Fulani Presidential candidates from 2 major parties now?

one is from the NW while another from the NE
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by PHILipu1(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol you are politically naive. Atiku will massively deplete buhari's Northern votes while taking almost everything ffrom the SS/SE bloc votes
lol.
Stop giving yourself false hope.
Which reasonable southerner will vote Atiku to start another 8 years for the north.

Buhari shadow will even defeat Atiku in Atiku's village not to talk of the north.

If you know how the north hate igbos,that hate will Affect Atiku if he picks a SE person.

Why do you believe that the PDP will have the SS and SE now that PDP can no longer rig this zones?

Anambra governorship election should tell you what to expect next year,Buhari will beat Atiku black and blue in SE and SS.

Write it down
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by EternalTruths: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

You know the yeebos are spread across the whole country. What happened to the 2015 elections even with the power of incumbency.

Don’t overrate the voting strength of the Igbo based on just mere geographical spread.

It is that spread that gave Jonathan 12m (SE, SS) and Buhari 15m ( NW, SW, NE, NC).

Now Imagine Atiku ( NE, NC, SE, SS ).
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by brown116: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

Keep supporting your brother; while Nigeria burns and hundreds get killed as in the case of Agatu and Enugu community.

Tribalism has beclouded your sense of justice.

To you, a leader who is not security conscious can remain in power just because he is from your tribe while neglecting the one preaching state police and restructuring in the person of atiku.

After all you will call yourself a patriotic Nigerian.
Your type is keeping Nigeria from progressing.
If it were in the time of coups, you would have been taken down for the progress of the nation.

Patriotic you my foot.
don't mind that idiot, he doesn't care for his tribe, he only care for his stomach
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by paramakina202: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2018
olawalepopoola:
If he picks from the East, Osibanjo factor will play out it the west and will be very hard for the north to vote for him cos of the political rifts between the Igbos and most part of the country

Na your bigotry eyes that is seeing rifts between East and North and by the way your assumed rift will end with Buhari's presidency in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:41am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
I want to see any reasonable omoluabis that will come here and tell me trash

I will support my son, brother and leader 100%

Support who is competent, don’t be nepotic. If you have an organization, If you are Yoruba and an Igbo can do the job better, support the Igbo, give him/her the job. Your aim is for your organization to grow not for you to employ your brothers

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by KanwuliaMama: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2018
ridbell01:
yes oo that why are not third class citizens like those from the yeast

Please, don’t add to the shame.
What do you have to show for your “First-Class”?
DRUG PEDDLING IN CHICAGO!

Nigeria MUST BE great again with or without SW!
Only the SW can idolize a DRUG-BARON.

Shameless things!kiss

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!
SW votes is usually around 50 - 50 .

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Yoighaman(m): 9:43am On Oct 09, 2018
sangresan:

You are one of the misinformed fellas here...Saraki has no influence in the SW...In fact, he will be battling to retain his Kwara as at that time because Kwara South and North are already slipping through his grip...

If election is free and fair, PDP will really garner votes from the SW...But I m telling you, lots of PDP supporters won't even be allowed to vote. Mark it.

If Okonjo-Iweala is chosen as VP, Atiku will sweep the entire MB/SS/SE. Forget SW, APC will dominate the region because of Osinbajo & Tinubu.

The North is where the decider is.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2018
Naughtysite:
You made the only fact based comments so far Our youths are so tribalistic illiterate and surface based no content That is to say even if Buhari is leading Nigeria into another recession I will vote him because Osinbajo is my brother. Sometimes I ask blind supporters HOW MUCH ENTERED YOUR ACCOUNT
I tire ooo
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by bal4real: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

I am NOT going to debate this. If Atiku picks an Ibo candidate...then Buhari till 2023 in the SW. All the votes of SS and se will not save him.
is it only yoruba that make up Nigeria? Remember middle belt have a very vital role to play. As it stands now, Atiku has already colonised all SE, SS and MD. Then coming to North, Atiku and PMB will share the votes. Coming to SW, judging from the outcome of Ekiti and Osun elections, i don't see buhari scaling through.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Rilwayne001: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP !

This is exactly what will play out in South West. Not much of us still loves Buhari, but with Osinbajo with him, we'll rather stick with him than an Atiku with a Flatheaded VP grin shocked tongue
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Therealev: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2018
Moukandjo:

Can you explain this? Where we are now? Una don come with your usual warped narrative!

My Narrative isnt warped, Political sentiments got us here. In 2015, it was ANYBODY except GEJ. With that in mind, Nigerians voted en mass for Buhari, it was anything to spite Jonathan and 3yrs after, here we are.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by KanwuliaMama: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2018
colestephan86:

Then leave them alone, and stay focused , can you do that?

Leave who alone?
When they keep destabilizing Nigeria.
They must be called out AND SHAMED ALWAYS! kiss
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by able20(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2018
sogodihno:
ATIKU want to commit political suicide, North west and south west will finish him. South west Media will finish him.
SW propaganda/fake news will not work on Atiku.
He is not Ambode ,Aregbesola or Fayose. Atiku has the key to unlock your fake news media group.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by sangresan(m): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2018
EternalTruths:

It is that spread that gave Jonathan 12m (SE, SS) and Buhari 15m ( NW, SW, NE, NC).

Now Imagine Atiku ( NE, NC, SE, SS ).

Another misinformed fella...How many votes did Goodluck get in his Bayelsa compared to Kaduna, say?

And don't use 2015 to judge 2019...A lot will still happen.

A SE VP for Atiku will demarket his candidacy among Hausas in the NE, NW, and NC....Except if he chooses a lovable personality who has never been linked with tribal politics..

You can say whatever you like....When the campaign starts, we will be here to remind you.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by KanwuliaMama: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2018
ModsareChevres:

PDP won Osun.

Yep! But RIGGED BY TINUBU AND APC! grin
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2018
The south south and south east guys are religiously PDP, they don't need the VP slot to woo them. A technocrat in the west is cool for Atiku. Personally I love the combo of Atiku and NOI but still won't vote for them for obvious reason
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2018
Preparing for 2023 and beyond starts now my brothers (Nigerian youths) 1. Close to 52 million is Apc's presidential form while 12 milla is PDP's. 2. With mass movement, we form/register our party(e.g Nigeria youth movement party) with 100,000k as fee for form not just presidential but governorship,assembly members etc. 3. We campaign for one another to the grassroots, mobilize, create awareness, show solidarity and if need be, have a contributory fund for transport. 4. Massive awareness and advisory contributions from u and others will make everything possible. Let's have more youths in state and national assemblies first and we can be partly funded. Something tells me it will work if we agree and cleverly go about it.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by bal4real: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

How you believed Atiku will restructure Nigeria beats my imagination. Oh my God , we are in a sorry case in this country.

A northerner restructuring Nigeria for each region to mage their resources is a myth. They know you yeebos are gullible and they are just selling that to get you in their fold.

Even the emir of Kano Sanusi said that without the current Nigeria structure , the northern region cannot last for a month before total collapse.

I think this politicians will just keep dribbling us, I just hope Nigeria get it right someday
yes u may be right but lets try another dribbler. Lets see whether he'll get his' right this time
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by oluwaahmed: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
The election is between the southeast and southwest

No its not! its between Hausa & Fulani. Don't drag Igbo into ur shiit. If Yoruba's wana be invested in it no p, but don't twist dis around. Igbo brethren should be weary about Yoruba people this time around, this is a classic case of how they behave.
The truth is that things might turn around if Atiku wins with an Igbo VP leaving the SW and its leaders with their hands on the balls, but Igbo want referendum or restructuring, not VP. A VP is basically as useless as deputy Governor.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by sogodihno: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2018
able20:

SW propaganda/fake news will not work on Atiku.
He is not Ambode ,Aregbesola or Fayose. Atiku has the key to unlock your fake news media group.

ooo, u think so? dont worry, 2019, we speak for itself, let's both calm down.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by KanwuliaMama: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2018
haffaze777:

Correct man,PDP should zone their VP to Southeast, we don't need it here in southwest.

Great.

The SS/SE should find a way to CHECKMATE the EVIL SW! Tinubu for president in 2023 kwa?
In your COCAINE-SNIFFING DREAMS!

Tufiaaaaaaaakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by franchasng: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2018
Atiku o, pls give Oyorobad people the children hate and betrayal the VP slot so that they can vote for u because they value VP slot and shallow political offices more than the great future of Nigeria, just give them to help boost your chances of winning Buhari in 2019.

Don't worry about Southeast and Southsouth votes, our votes is for you whether u give Igbos VP slot or not, we don't care about who rules or leads Nigeria, all we care for is the person should lead well and help bring unbiased positive change in Nigeria and we are good to go.

Pls Atiku don't let the crooked Southeast elites deceive u, majority of Igbos will vote u whether u give an Igbo person a VP or not.

Pls go to Southwest and look for a credible VP like Adesina pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Police Confirm Attack On Peter Obi Supporters By Thugs In Lagos (Photos) / Obaseki Family Endorses Ize-iyamu For Governorship / Zahra Buhari Celebrates Her 26th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.