Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,120 members, 7,849,498 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (34977 Views)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by smtj: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
Buhari and Osinbajo

4+4

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CityNGR: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2018
Amberon1:
Are you trying to say that the west is more populated than both SE and SS?
SE has negligible votes
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by ModsareChevres: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

Yep! But RIGGED BY TINUBU federal might AND APC! grin

Fixed!
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!

Support who is competent not tribe. Una Dey complain say Buhari is nepotic Una worst. Who in yoruba can stand Peter Obi, Ngozi iweala, Who is competent in the Yoruba to them at the moment

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Moukandjo: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Support who is competent, don’t be nepotic. If you have an organization, If you are Yoruba and an Igbo can do the job better, support the Igbo, give him/her the job. Your aim is for your organization to grow not for you to employ your brothers
True! That's why I support Buhari! Forget propaganda; he's tried! Even though he could do more, he's done well, considering the terrible state of finances, security & corruption he met when he assumed office, as well as our major source of income, crude oil, falling as low as $29/barrel within the first 6 months of his resumption!

https://www.buharicentre.com/achievements/
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CityNGR: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
smtj:

Extremely unenterprising
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by haffaze777(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

Great.

The SS/SE should find a way to CHECKMATE the EVIL SW! Tinubu for president in 2023 kwa?
In your COCAINE-SNIFFING DREAMS!

Tufiaaaaaaaakwa!!!

say whatever you like broh but majority of us AFONJA (as u fondly call us) desist your evil PDP party.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by franchasng: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2018
franchasng:
Atiku o, pls give Oyorobad people the children hate and betrayal the VP slot so that they can vote for u because they value VP slot and shallow political offices more than the great future of Nigeria, just give them to help boost your chances of winning Buhari in 2019.

Don't worry about Southeast and Southsouth votes, our votes is for you whether u give Igbos VP slot or not, we don't care about who rules or leads Nigeria, all we care for is the person should lead well and help bring unbiased positive change in Nigeria and we are good to go.

Pls Atiku don't let the crooked Southeast elites deceive u, majority of Igbos will vote u whether u give an Igbo person a VP or not.

Pls go to Southwest and look for a credible VP like Adesina pls
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Lorenzop: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!

A yoruba VP will split vote in Southwest given Osibanjo's presence and also split votes in southeast....but a southeast VP will give pdp massive votes from SS and SS, some from southwest while that of the north will obviously be shared.....i will be surprised if Atiku dont pick from Southeast or South South....sorry to say Southwest votes do not mean much this time given Osibanjo's situation

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Otunba2004(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2018
Nogodye:
No sane Yoruba will abadon their own(Osinbajo) supporting another tribe for VP...If care is nt taking Yoruba will crying like our brother from the other side claiming marginalization in Atiku government but that won't happen...PMB till 2023
did osinbajo put food on my table? We need good governance forget yoruba man, hausa or ibo man anybody that can deliver on their promises,, osinbajo has turned to bloody liar.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Primus9(m): 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
he should consider someone from SW. Akinwumi Adesina will be a good choice
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by famzynet: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
I am from South East, but even if Atiku picks a goat from Ghana as running mate,I will vote him provided Buhari is sent back to Daura in 2019. Nigeria cannot afford this suffering till 2023.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by EternalTruths: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

We know a typical afonja is an enemy of state, an unprogressive mind and a greedy idiat. We don't need your 500k votes, Anambra is on standby to render it useless. We have MB, NE, SS and other 4 SE states, we have Shia moslems in the NW, Northern Christians in NW, the caliphate, half of Kwankwasiyya movement, Dasuki family, Yaradua family all in the NW.

Can you beat that?

You get am wella.

Shia Muslims

Northern Christians

Dissatisfied Sunni Muslims

SS/SE

Buhari is a goner.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Ajalekoko76(m): 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
If Atiku should pick VP from SE,it will compound SE whala. An average SE man called Nigeria State a zoo, want referendum in order to decide their continuity with zoo nation oh sorry Nigeria State,want Biafra State. Given VP slot to SE will mean betrayal of their agitation for self nation. Total votes of SE region is less than Lagos/Kano votes. I wish PDP/Atiku atikulated dis well before committing political suicide. In the thinking of some APC stalwart in SE,they believed dat come 2023 APC will zone presidency to SE hence they SE region need to give maximum votes to APC in 2019 so dat 2023 ambition will be materialised. In short it seems SE is the most confused region. My thoughts not yours feel free to express yours not name callings.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by duwdu: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2018
KanwuliaMama:
I thought he left it all to the party? undecided

Better to look to SE.

Forget that SW of CHAOS! kiss
They are too two-faced!

Do you see ANY BETTER YORUBA MAN IN PDP? undecided
Tinubu don white-wash dem brains and asses, they can’t see straight. cheesy

Some people with their pen, ehn... gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Moukandjo: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Therealev:

My Narrative isnt warped, Political sentiments got us here. In 2015, it was ANYBODY except GEJ. With that in mind, Nigerians voted en mass for Buhari, it was anything to spite Jonathan and 3yrs after, here we are.
That's why I asked you to tell us where we are as against 2015 where Ebelemi left us! Give us facts & figures & compare relatively! Don't just give us this boring "here we are"!
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by oluwaahmed: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Rilwayne001:

This is exactly what will play out in South West. Not much of us still loves Buhari, but with Osinbajo with him, we'll rather stick with him than an Atiku with a Flatheaded VP grin shocked tongue

U might be surprised the same scenario that played out for APC in 2015, might play out for PDP in 2019.if APC wins all the sw but lose NC,NE,SS,SE & share NW, PDP wins automatically. That would be the end of coners in Nigeria politics for a very Long time. That will also mark the end of tinubu and OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by brown116: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

I got your point bro. Both Atiku and Buhari have nothing to offer us to be honest. But what I’m rooting for is that we shouldn’t try to make a mistake we made in 2015 by saying anybody but Jonathan. We should check the alternative with the greatest risk , and i’m Sorry to say sir, it’s to make the Northerners end their brain drain tenure over Nigeria in the next four years.

Then by then , we can have an Igbo or Yoruba president and at least try to forge a better path ahead for Nigeria
Oga that ur trick no go work. Nigerians re hungry, we need some one who will put food on our table, before talking of tribe.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Moukandjo:

True! That's why I support Buhari! Forget propaganda; he's tried! Even though he could do more, he's done well, considering the terrible state of finances, security & corruption he met when he assumed office, as well as our major source of income, crude oil, falling as low as $29/barrel within the first 6 months of his resumption!

https://www.buharicentre.com/achievements/

I live in Abuja, where he try put, no charisma, no agenda, a man who never open phone booth business before, the only military man to work for his junior ABACHA, do yes sir for him junior, so dumb, so dull, no business acumen, no educational background, no vocality. He lacks everything a leader possess, you Dey watch Putin, trump,Theresa may, Angel merkel, you saw GHADDAFI, I know you must have seen leaders, you just biased, the truth remains he has no agenda , his aides are busy showing us Rwanda roads, Jonathan did better in agriculture and many things, THIS IS OUR NIGERIA, not for them, until you and I realize they will eat us up and generations, the rail systems was spring up by Jonathan, ore benin, east west road, the only federal university in katsina ko, wake up bro.. hay Buhari has no achievement to his name as a Military Governor, Military Head of state, NNPC Chairman, Minister of Petroleum TWICE, and other offices. He no even get primary school wey e open, even Abacha self save for us for raining day ����

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CityNGR: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2018
Lorenzop:

A yoruba VP will split vote in Southwest given Osibanjo's presence and also split votes in southeast....but a southeast VP will give pdp massive votes from SS and SS, some from southwest while that of the north will obviously be shared.....i will be surprised if Atiku dont pick from Southeast or South South....sorry to say Southwest votes do not mean much this time given Osibanjo's situation
He cannot afford a block vote for APC in the SW or else that's the end of the election.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by bestpunterever: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2018
Dhugal:

Atiku wasn't on ballot 2011.
Get back in class and learn, kid
mumu, i wanted to type 2007, abi he was not on ballot 2007?
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by 49cents(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

I'll even give an AOC a southwesterner like Dr Akinwunmi Adesina. If he picks Fayose we are going with Olsinbajo!!

Tribalism is the biggest problem of aftcians
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by EternalTruths: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2018
sangresan:

Another misinformed fella...How many votes did Goodluck get in his Bayelsa compared to Kaduna, say?

And don't use 2015 to judge 2019...A lot will still happen.

A SE VP for Atiku will demarket his candidacy among Hausas in the NE, NW, and NC....Except if he chooses a lovable personality who has never been linked with tribal politics..

You can say whatever you like....When the campaign starts, we will be here to remind you.

Commonsense should tell you that Hausa Fulani people want more years in power and therefore will support Atiku over Buhari.

I know Afonjas no sabi politics.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Moukandjo: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

I live in Abuja, where he try put, no charisma, no agenda, a man who never open phone booth business before, the only military man to work for his junior ABACHA, do yes sir for him junior, so dumb, so dull, no business acumen, no educational background, no vocality. He lacks everything a leader possess, you Dey watch Putin, trump,Theresa may, Angel merkel, you saw GHADDAFI, I know you must have seen leaders, you just biased, the truth remains he has no agenda , his aides are busy showing us Rwanda roads
Another lame & unintellectual response!
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Princedapace(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2018
sangresan:

You are one of the misinformed fellas here...Saraki has no influence in the SW...In fact, he will be battling to retain his Kwara as at that time because Kwara South and North are already slipping through his grip...

If election is free and fair, PDP will really garner votes from the SW...But I m telling you, lots of PDP supporters won't even be allowed to vote. Mark it.

Brother, why not see my point of view instead of sounding harsh..

Look, if he chooses south west for vp the same scenario will still play out. He wil be rigged very well and he will still get voting apathy from the east.

So which is better? Is it not better he gets the votes no matter the size from west, and see how to entice the people from the east to come out and vote?

The people from the east are all over the country. The major problem for those people from the east has always been voting apathy.

As e bad as e bad, pdp can still get even if na 1 million votes from west no matter how hard things are.. Even if he chooses south west for vp, he will still suffer the same fate..

Do u now get the point? South west will vote massively for apc. What Atiku needs is to find a way to pull votes from east, south south and middle belt. Picking vp from west will cripple his chances of getting the interests to vote from south south or east.. Those guys have apathy.

No matter what Atiku does, western influential leaders will still not vote for him. He just needs voting percentage form the west

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CityNGR: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2018
49cents:

Tribalism is the biggest problem of aftcians
Read more about the Aryan race supremacists.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Lagzy12: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2018
We are ethnic bigots in this Country. See the way the yorubas and igbos are ranting for the position of the vice president. I am a yoruba but what has Osinbajo's position as VP contributed to my life? Nobody looks at what you can do but where you come from first.

I don't care where ever the Vice to ATiku comes from. But My choices are Okonjo Iweala or Dr Adeshina of Africa Development Bank. To me, any of these two candidates are good. For those suggesting Abaribe or Ike Ekweremadu abi Fayose, what are any of these people coming to do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Princedapace(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2018
Yoighaman:

You are a genius.

Thanks bro.. Many people are blinded by ethnic sentiments..

The choices for Atiku is to get the easterners and south south increased interests in voting.. No matter what he does, be will still lose south west due to Tinubu and the current vp. So he should be fighting for percentage cuts from west.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by AgbalagbaAwo: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
I want to see any reasonable omoluabis that will come here and tell me trash

I will support my son, brother and leader 100%
You want to reap from where you didn't sow.... hahaha
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by feb20james: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

You know and you people are still trying to backmail PDP into giving you a ticket you didn't work for. No wonder the rest of the country see you people as Lazy.

I am glad 2019 would make us square up against the SW, at the end, we shall see who truly is the Kingmakers. We are going to utilize our spread across the nation to deal a deadly blow against the satanic NW/SW alliance.

We are certain that SS, MB wouldn't fail the NE/SE alliance.

It would be interesting.

God Bless U brother
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IbrahimDamola: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2018
teepain:

But you have 2 Northern/Fulani Presidential candidates from 2 major parties now?

The Parties zones the presidential ticket to the north, buhari is from NW, Atiku NE.

The VP tickets cannot go to only SW, who have taken their slot in presidency before through PDP. The south is too heterogenous to allow only SW monopolize the VP slots of the two major parties. It cannot happen that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by akdjr(m): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2018
So FFK, Fayose, Adeleke are not bette
KanwuliaMama:
I thought he left it all to the party? undecided

Better to look to SE.

Forget that SW of CHAOS! kiss
They are too two-faced!

Do you see ANY BETTER YORUBA MAN IN PDP? undecided
Tinubu don white-wash dem brains and asses, they can’t see straight. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Pastor Adeboye Prayed For Me Before Helicopter Crash / Ekweremadu, Lawan, Fashola And 4 Other Who Have Lived On Public Funds For 20yrs / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: VP Osinbajo Arrives In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.