Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (209977 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2007
Mohid thats really funny grin grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2007
Kuwenatitis! grin Really funny. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Sequoia(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2007
hello peeps.
we all seem to be worrying about getting our letters. i dont think that is too good. after waiting so patiently since we wrote the second test, this is not the time to be bothering about getting the IV for the assessment centre.
we can always call their HR dept to ask for the specific date that yours is scheduled for and eliminate the stress of worrying.

my question is actually to those who have had prior experience of any such exerise i.e. assessment centre to please share with the house the likely form its going to take. that might be something beta to worry about if you are so inclined.

as kuwena said in an earlier post - He don promise say we go make am, baba God don promise say we go do am o; na our destiny make they no think am.

its well
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2007
Its amazing how many believers are posting under this topic. Wow! God is at work.
I haven't gotten my letter yet neither has the Fedex office in Port-Harcourt. I have tried calling all the NLNG numbers i have but it seems the strike is affecting them too. I'll try again after the strike.
As for the assessment center, please don't stress too much because He who started the work is faithful to complete it. Relax, God is in control.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by daniellee: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2007
@ Kizoic and anyone who have recieved a letter,

Please can you kindly paste the content of the letter and attachement,verbatim.So those who have recieved the call but not the letter can have a direction on what to be preparing for/expecting.

Please help us.

Thanks a million.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2007
Yes, I support Danielle. If anyone can scan and paste his letter for us to peruse, I would appreciate it - we all would. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by RibaduFan(m): 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2007
somebody pls help, every one i know has either received the letter or a call, but am yet to get any. What do i do? Am goin bunkers with anxiety.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2007
What kinda bunkers are you going - really bunkers or slightly bunkers? Try going paranoid for a change. grin My friend, just relax! 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o. Na wa destiny, make dem no tink am.' I haven't got my letter either. And the phone call looked like a prank - why bother, are you an engineer?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2007
Hi landers,
My concern are for guys that will be having their assessment on 25th june, with this strike of a thing on will the assessment still hold? What do u think, ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2007
hi everyone, i'm also an engineer in ph and have not recieved my letter.
no sweat sha cos we know say GOD dey.
but plssss kuwena and others shuld help us beg pple dat have gotten their letters 2 paste d thing make pple see.
we dey beg no be small.
1 luv,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2007
@ kuwena,
i actually replied your post but was impatient to see it posted and i just discovered it didnt pull through unfortunately. i really know only a little and you trust i will not hoard it like people who ignore requests from their fellow landers.

i know that the letters are sent in batches and that if you are yet to get yours, dont panic or get down with kuwenatitis, you will get it b4 that date.

i also know that if you get a call, it means your letter has been dispatched as such in transit.

now that you know all that i know, is there anything you know that i dont? be ur sistas keeper according to nairaland's book of faith chapt 1 vs 1,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 10:49am On Jun 24, 2007
hi all,
the strike has been called off,thank God for that.it is now time for this house to getdown to real biz.this house still neeed the format of the letter from anybody that has it,it will help in a long way in preparing us for the 3rd stage .izi-n-bizi,pls u have the letter,kindly relate to us the content of the letter,scan copy will do,plssssss, to all hopefuls,,let us keep on keeping on, grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by saliat(f): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2007
jalo.omotoda and kuwena,thanks for the post.God bless you.I believe with God,all will be sorted out.kuwena u r blessed.U'v been an encouragement,not just 2 me but 2 many others.Hope to c u at the next stage.U studied planning right?I studied same.Let's keep waiting under God believing that THE BEST IS YET TO COME."They that trust in the Lord shall Not be put to shame".It is well with us all.I have no record of God's unfaithfullness.Watever He begins,He brings to a wonderful end.If u believe with me say Amen and await ur testimony.Luv u all.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2007
maybe they are contacting us alphabetically
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2007
Hi guys,
I guess the tension's mounting for everyone. I am in faraway Kebbi state serving and just wondering if my letter would not be sent to my permanent address. The only hope I have got is that I am just fulfilling the script God has written about me. That's why I know I wont miss my ineterview.
For guys starting tomorrow, I wish you the best of God and, keep the thread
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ N'landers

To those who'll be having their interviews this week, I wish you guys all the best, Go ahead and win, wink

and my candid advice, just be yourself, cos' there's no one else like YOU!!! cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 11:28pm On Jun 24, 2007
@aniffy4eva, Thanks
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 9:48am On Jun 25, 2007
jenks and kuwena, just call them. i called this morning and got my date and venue.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 10:20am On Jun 25, 2007
@runsaway , TANX FOR D INFO. I'LL DO JUST DAT ASAP.
WHICH OF D EXTs DID U USE?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2007
Wallahi, I have been thinking seriously of calling them, but I have been broke. Maybe I will call them before the end of the month, when I would no longer be. I think I agree with @pisky; those that have been called - like I have - have their letters in transit. More letters can be expected this week. Indeed, I prophesy that by the end of this week a lot more would have got their letters pronto. The wait has been long, but I think the hand of God is in this, and the Enemy will not be able to defeat our cause. Can't you see, just as Monday was coming for the interviews to begin, they called off the strike! I dare say that some people are in Lagos this very minute doing theirs. Let us pray for them. Above all, let us recall: 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no tink am!' Amen. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kizoic: 11:44am On Jun 25, 2007
this is the attachment. i'm sorry for the delay, its actually due to the strike.
and another thing, i sincerely hope this file opens on all computers cos i've been trying to convert it to pdf format but no show.  so if you have microsft office image support on your system it will definitely open, else, good luck!
ops, this file wouldn't attach, its bigger than the allowed size of 200kb. i think its about 355 kb.
ok lets do it this way for as many as i can easily trace there email from nairaland profile here i'll try and send it
and , and PLEASE pass it on to others,
am already using official hours for personal issues now of which time will not allow me trace everybody's email address.
one love
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2007
I don't see no link to attachment, @kizoic.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by bobbyan(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2007
@kuwena
You are 2 much i dey feel u, you r always in press me keep it up. na God give u the talent no be anybody. i hope na FUT MINNA u finished?? or which school. i wish u best of luck.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kizoic: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2007
kuwena check ur inbox, kuwena@yahoo.com
and try and send to some others you know pls
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2007
@kizoic, kuwena, my email is~: obi_hola@yahoo.com
try send d thing sharp sharp, God go bless all of una ( and me too)
i'll be expecting it ASAP
1 luv,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2007
You mean NLNG actually sent you that colored essay paper with all the diagrams and pictures and all what not?! shocked   Thanks. Kinda surprised, though,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by bobbyan(m): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2007
I think this may help on Assessment centre test good luck,

Hello. I'm also preparing for the next stage. Here's what I found on Assessment centres. I hope it turns out useful!

What is an Assessment Centre?
The term 'Assessment Centre' does not refer to a location, but to a process which is being increasingly used by middle to large organisations in Australia and overseas to: assess the most suitable recruits to a wide range of positions; and to identify staff who possess strong potential for higher level positions, or who can best adjust to changes within the organisation. Positions as varied as production line process workers, accounts clerks, customer service officers, human resource personnel, sales staff, first and second line managers, professional occupations, and CEOs have been filled, using Assessment Centres as part of the selection process.

Assessment Centres allow recruits to demonstrate aptitude and general skills related to the requirements of the job. They do not aim to test knowledge and technical skills which are unique to the job within the recruiting organisation. The Assessment Centre develops a set of varied exercises which are designed to simulate different aspects of the work environment. These exercises may run from 1/2 to 2 days, and are conducted away from the actual workplace, usually in the employer's training/meeting area, or in facilities provided by a Human Resource Consultancy, who may be contracted to design and conduct the testing.

While the process is intensive and commonly viewed as 'stressful' by recruits, it also provides additional opportunities for those who feel that they are not able to demonstrate their abilities as strongly during an interview. Assessment Centres enable recruits to obtain a practical working idea of what the employer expects from staff, and may provide opportunities for recruits to network with other participants during group exercises.

How are Assessment Centres conducted?
Assessment Centres are highly structured in their design, application, and assessment procedure. They are commonly conducted by outside consultants who have invested large amounts of resources into researching and designing Assessment Centres, which will produce valid measurements and a good predictor of future outcomes of test candidates for the business customer. In other cases, Assessment Centres may be conducted by trained personnel within the employer company. Each Assessment Centre is specifically adapted for the advertised position, to assess factors such as the candidate's level of skills, aptitude and compatibility with the organisation's culture. Each test measures a range of indicators within these factors.

How do they work?
During each test, a group of trained observers will rate individual candidates on a range of set indicators, using a prescribed performance scale. Results are then cross compared against the same indicators, which are measured in other tests. Following test completion, observers meet to discuss the test results and reach a group consensus about each individual's ratings. Observers may be visible during the test, or more commonly, may view a videotaped recording eg.telephone role play.

What can I expect?
At the beginning of the Assessment, candidates will receive an initial briefing about the timetable of tests, location of rooms etc. Prior to each test, they will be given instructions describing the exercise, their role, timeframes, equipment etc. They will not be informed in detail about the individual indicators which will be measured. Recruits are unlikely to receive feedback on their Assessment Centre results, unless they have been successfully selected. Employees of a company who have undertaken Assessment as part of a restructuring or personnel development process, will receive detailed written feedback on their performance and future development needs.

What types of exercises are used?
The most common type of exercises include:

Exercises to measure a particular set of job skills
Case Studies
In Tray exercises
Group exercises
Role plays
Exercises to measure a particular set of job skills
Recruits for a car production line were tested on physical strength, coordination and aptitude for production line work, by repeatedly fitting tyres onto wheel rims.

Accounts Clerk recruits were asked to complete tests measuring accuracy against speed. A particular test required invoices to be reconciled against a spreadsheet ledger, with errors being appropriately amended. Numerical tests may involve calculating hotel accounts, goods invoices, and vehicle mileage examples, using a multiple choice answer format. Many of these tests are not designed to be completed within the given timeframe.

Case Studies
Project Managers may be asked to plan for the release of a new product, which incorporates scheduling, budgeting and resourcing. This type of exercise may measure the ability to: analyse complex data and issues; seek solutions; project plan; and present findings, using a mixture of presentation skills.

In Tray Exercises
If you are asked to do an In Tray exercise, you may be asked to assume a particular role as an employee of a fictitious company and work through a pile of correspondence in your In Tray. These tests commonly measure Job Skills such as: ability to organise and prioritise work; analytical skills; communication with team members and customers; written communication skills; and delegation (if a higher level position). This type of exercise may take from several hours to a day. Try to imagine that you are at work doing the described duties, rather than completing a test. Phone interaction will involve a role player who has been thoroughly briefed in their respective role as a customer, manager etc.

A common example of an in tray exercise at first level management may involve: placing you in a particular role within a work setting, where a crisis situation is developing. The situation requires you to take responsibility for the situation. During the exercise, mail is delivered and collected each half hour. The exercise will describe what resources are available to you: e.g. a list of internal phone contacts and who's who, a telephone, fax, personal computer, information such as a product reference chart, data showing the work area's performance, a calendar which notes key dates and relevant deadlines, a highlighter, pen, pencil, eraser, ruler, internal memo pad, letterhead stationery, writing pad, envelopes, out tray, and an in tray containing particular items. Intray items may range from requests to return calls to customers with specific complaints and queries, comments to be provided to your manager, reports to be completed, requests from your staff, and office social club notices. Some of this correspondence may be past the action date, other notes may be vague in meaning.

Group exercises
Group exercises involve candidates working together as a team, to resolve a presented issue. These exercises commonly measure interpersonal skills such as group leadership, teamwork, negotiation, and group problem solving skills.

Group exercises may range from 'leaderless group discussion' formats to problem solving scenarios.

In a 'leaderless group discussion' you may be assigned a fictitious team member role and asked to attend a meeting with other team members who are actually fellow candidates. By the end of the meeting, the group will choose the best strategy to meet a future prescribed target. Your role is to discuss the merits of your strategy (described in your written briefing), and to comment on the weaknesses of other strategies which you suspect will be presented by other team members. You will have some background on the other team members, including their past performance, knowledge of the product and situation etc. Other team members' briefs may ask them to promote the comparatively superior merits of their strategies.

One example of a problem solving scenario includes a Tower Building exercise, using play building blocks. In this exercise, a group may be competing with other groups to design and build a tower in accordance with a construction brief which may stipulate minimum height, time period the completed tower has to stand 'unsupported', colour, cost of block shapes, a time limit, and a budget. There may be monetary penalties for failing to reach particular aspects of the brief. Each group has access to a limited number of blocks.

Role Plays
If you are asked to do a role play, you will be asked to assume a fictitious role and handle a particular work situation. Customer Service Officers may be asked to respond to a number of phone inquiries, including customer queries and complaints.

This type of exercise may measure: oral communication, customer service orientation, and problem solving. Managers may be asked to provide feedback to a sales representative staff member, after viewing a videotape of the sales representative's call with a client, or meet with a same level manager of another section, to gain their agreement on a service delivery strategy.

Tips for Success!
You cannot study for an Assessment Centre, although it does help if: you have some idea of what to expect at an Assessment Centre or work simulation test; you have had some previous experience with different test formats such as multiple choice questionnaires, data checking exercises, role plays and group exercises. Most importantly, having a positive mental attitude about the process is invaluable.

If you have been given pre reading material prior to the Assessment Centre day - read, prepare and understand what is asked of you.

Refamiliarise yourself with the job description, duty statement and other background reading material about the organisation. This will provide some clues as to what type of employee they are seeking.

Get a good night's rest before the big day.

Arrive early so you do not feel rushed. Perhaps your waiting time in the reception area can provide you with a 'feel' for the environment - i.e. the written material in the reception/waiting area, other candidates you may see.

Read all test instructions carefully. Are all the resources, which are listed on the test instructions available and working?

Be yourself - bring your own personality and experience to the Assessment Centre.

Take the tests seriously - the hypothetical scenarios will require you to 'suspend your belief' and go along with the exercise. The tests are not designed to match the employer's real life workplace.

Do not guess what is being measured as this may affect your participation and assessment eg. quoting the employer's Mission statement, verbatim, may have no relevance to your assigned role as 'project manager of ACME Ltd.', when required to discuss a hypothetical problem with other 'ACME' team members.

Treat your attendance as a day at the workplace.

View the Assessment Centre as an opportunity to learn about the employer and the advertised position

Consider the process as a positive learning experience.

Ask for feedback if you were not successful so that you can improve your performance in the future.

I hope this helps us! Goodluck guys! See u at the induction! [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2007
@jenks, is there a space between obi and holla in your email addy?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2007
its obi_hola.
"underscore" btw "obi" and "hola"
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2007
I've posted it, @jenks. If any other person wants me to forward the NLNG Assessment Centre document that kizoic et al sent to me, just send in your email addy, and I'd be very pleased to do so.

One love, y'all! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by hugo77(m): 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2007
@kuwena

kindly mail it to me hugoike@yahoo.com

i also must not forget to mention that u r a rare breed, i read u post and dis thread in general, i just can't but wonder wch planet u from.

@bobbyan
u think that it's only FUTminna dat is capable of producin eceptional persons, then you must be narrow minded. i mean no offence lipsrsealed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 1:37pm On Jun 25, 2007
@kuwena,kizoic. 10x 2 u guys. got d stuff.
infact una too much.
d content of dis thread'll make a cool book u know?
we can sell dis book and share d dough amongst kuwena and all other active posters in addition 2 d nlng salary. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.