Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (209985 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:36am On Jun 18, 2007
@kizoic, did the letter say anything about how to dress for the occasion, or whatever of the sort - and do you think this is going to be the last stage? Where is your center? Are there more than on center?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 11:23am On Jun 18, 2007
Has anybody in Abuja gotten his/her letter? i cald Fedex n they said they havnt received any letter from NLNG yet. well, i guess we have to keep waiting since its a six week period for the assessment!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2007
Is it really a six-week period? Why not call NLNG and find out?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2007
@izi-n-biz,kizoic big congrats 2 u two. can u guys do d house d favour of posting d letter for all 2 browse thru? dat way pple will be in a better position 2 come up with ideas 2 tackle d issue at hand. 1ce again congrats n God's favour
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kizoic: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2007
Kuwena, the letter was not categorical about the dress code or whatever, it only stated that I am invited for the next stage of their recruitment process called assesment center. It's most likely to be the last stage 'cos an attachment was enclosed with the letter which gave a brief description of what the process (assesment center) could look like. And of course, according to the content, it may take a whole day.
As par our guys who haven't got theirs yet, there is no cause for alarm 'cos the process may last up to 3 or 4 weeks, and if you have been sent a letter they might still contact you on phone to assertain that you've got the letter, just as they did for me this morning. One lady (name witheld) called me some minutes ago to confirm whether I've seen my letter of invitation.
So guys, just make sure that your phone is always within reach.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2007
@kizoic. so wats d content of d attachment? so we can start researching for stuffs.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2007
Hi landers, i was also called yesterday by a lady from NLNG that my interview is slated for 27th june at Federal palace hotel, V I. So i advice that we leave our phone on always just incase they might decide to contact us.Wishin everyone all da best. One Love
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2007
Someone called me today, but did not leave his or her name. She confirmed if I was the one she wanted to call, and if the address I gave was indeed mine. I replied that both were correct, and that was it. I called the number back to see if it could be with relation to NLNG, and the number was not available. @eesaah, you stay in Kano, don't you? Please, was there no letter to the effect - was it just a phone call?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2007
The way things are now, I am sure I need answers to the following questions, to halt my quizzing and still my doubts:

1. Is a phone call a substitute to the invitation letter at this stage?
2. Are the Assessments to take place only in Lagos?
3. For those who have not received letters yet, can they continue to wait, or should they call instead to find out?
4. How long are the Assessments going to last?
5. Is this the last stage of the process, or what else can one expect?
6. Is it not permissible to assume that engineers will be assessed differently and separately?
7. Pisky, can you tell me more of what you know?
8. Eesah, wetin dey?
9. Is there anyone who has got his letter that is not an engineer?
10. Can we assume that it is engineers they are calling now, and calling first?

Please, and please - answers only!

Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2007
Kewuna, i ve not received my letter too, but the lady said the call should serve as an invitation just incase i didn't get my letter b4 27th of june.Also,i ve a feeling NLNG will assess engineering and non engineering candidate differently just like we had during the 2nd test, which is the reason why they ve 3 different assessment venues all in lagos for the different fields and all venues will be used simulteanously for the period that the assessment will last.So i suggest we should be patient, we will be called, assessed and finally Land in NLNG  very soon.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2007
I thank you @eesah, for this your consoling revelation - you stay in Kano, don't you? It therefore means that they probably have not sent our letters (Kano hopefuls). Well, I'll continue to leave my phone on, wait on God, and generally be patient. Thanks - and you are an Engineer. It appears they are calling Engineers first. Will this strike affect the progress of the interviews? maybe I should just stop fretting. Thanks once again. E go beta. lipsrsealed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2007
kuwena try n calm down ,this ur fretting is infectious i think everybody that has not gotten a letter yet should try n call them b4 next wk and see if u re up for nxt wk i wud be doin dat immediately, take kia no worry i go remind u about this for trainin skull and i go laugh u well well.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2007
hi all,
just a new fella checkin in, dis is turining out to be a heated discussion and my mind skips everytime i long on to nairaland, guys wetin i go dooooooo?worried mind undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2007
@ jalo

Relax man!!, you are not alone, i havent been called, neither have i seen any letter, just relax and dont let dem kuwena give you h.b.p. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by dablinky: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2007
I have also been invited by a phone call.I am an Engineer, i stay at port harcourt and i was slated for 30th at Federal Palace Hotel , Lagos.The lady that called said my letter has been sent and if i dont get it i should regard the call as a formal invitation.

All those expectin either a letter or a call shouldn't panic but prepare for the task ahead.
Good Luck.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Shablo: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2007
I am an Electrical engineer scheduled for 28th of this month at federal palace, lagos. I only got a non detailed call, no mail. Please i want people that have the letters to give us the details of the attachment that described the session. Assessment centres are widely varied, from group exercise to in-tray exercise and even physical engineering tasks. We need someone to give us the details in LNG's words so we too can prepare.

We are at this stage because we are all greatminds and God is backing us. We need to continue in coorperation the way we started so that even at the induction we can identify and appreciate ourselves and then be best of friends at the fed palace hotel where we'll be lodged initially.

From what I have read and found out about assessment centres, candidates are not competing against themselves but against the set standard. This is to say that If every member of a group meets the standard, they can all be taken and if they all miss it, they can all be rejected.

Please post details.

May God see us through and grant us permission from our workplaces.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2007
I have learnt, at last, to be patient, and to wait on God for my letter, and for the miracle He is sure to give. Let us wait and let us be strong and courageous. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2007
hello buddies,pls anyone that has done his/her assessment should pls give a feedback to the house on it.We will get there by His grace.One love smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2007
Yes, I support. Anyone who has done his or her Assessment should be kind enough to give the House the low down; okay? Thank y'all! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2007
Hi guys,
Pls does anyone have an idea when humanities or social sciences are scheduled. i studied economics and haven't gotten either a letter or a call.
Keep the thread.
Thanks y'all
Re: Which Way Nlng? by saliat(f): 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2007
Hi everyone.I need help on this.I have not yet been contacted 4 the 3rd stage.Guess its cos am not an engineer.I however attended an interview with zenith of which i am very positive about.I got a call 2 days back asking if i could work at certain locations.Right now i have questions on my mind like, What if i take zenith's offer and the nlng invitation comes?, Is it possible to start with zenith and leave almost immediately?Pls i need ur opinions on this.So help me God!Meanwhile i wish all nlng hopefuls the best in God.Don't fret,prepare 4 the assesment center and above all, put ALL ur trust in God.He'll perfect that which concerns us.Thanks 4 being there you all.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by omotoda(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2007
not to worry sally.a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.accept the zenith offer wen it comes.u can always arrange urself and go for ur assessment wen the letter comes.it is well.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2007
Saliat, it is well. Take the Zenith Bank offer. Then on the day you are scheduled for Assessment, find a way to fake sickness and leave work (that is if you have resumed with Zenith). After the assessment exercise, report back to Zenith as if nothing happened. Keep your fingers crossed. When NLNG then calls you - if they do - you may happily leave Zenith and go to NLNG. Only a fool perhaps would prefer Zenith to NLNG. Only a fool, perhaps.

'Be still and know that I am God,' (Psalm 46 v 10). smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2007
saliat,
one thing abt being a nigerian is the ability to always double our chances,u av gone far with both zenith and lng but which eva comes first,u av to go for it and try to perfect the other that is yet to come.i blive u knw aw to manage situations like this cos skulling in naija would av tot u that.take the zenith bank offer then wait for what happen next with nlng,God will direct you, be strong cos we still av a long way to go in life and the decisions we make today will only shape our 2morow, be wise and styay bless, one love
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2007
wetin dey guys,
  hi all,i blive dis on going strike is like a blessing in disguise for us all,i blive it may affect the operations of nlng towards calling us for the 3rd stage abi?i guess we av more time to research and time to build the courage we need for the stage.i have started my own fasting and i will advice the house to fast with me so that by the time we meet in training skul in nlng,we would be able to recognise ourselve(dose that fasted),cos will av gone lean by then, im a bliver, dis waiting game is like a 21\2 stage,and i blive we will pass it too, so let us keep waitin and plz u guys shld learn aw to put smile on this thread,cos the tension don dey too much,make person no go get LNGIDS(LNG IMMMUNE DEFICIENCY SYDROME)God forbid, grin cool tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Shablo: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2007
Please i want people that have the letters to give us the details of the attachment that described the session.  Assessment centres are widely varied, from group exercise to in-tray exercise and even physical engineering tasks. We need someone to give us the details in LNG's words so we all can prepare.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2007
Come-o! Are you thinking of the strike extending longer than necessary? Abeg-o! There's something we used to say in the university - it is not by reading like Jacob that you pass exam, so don't give me that 'blessing in disguise' theory. The strike should not endure, and let us get over with this NLNG stuff once and for all. Those who will get it will get it, preparation or not. We have waited too long, as it is. angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2007
Abi woooo
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2007
Eesah, do you actually stay in Kano? You also told me you are an engineer? When did you find out you had passed the second stage, and when do you think this strike will be called off? Four questions in all. Answers only, please.

God bless you. I am waiting. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2007
i am defntly nt abt to panic bt i just hope wit all d talk abt them startin the assessment wit engineers i hope there is anoda engineer in the house that has not gotten his own invite ,cos i ve gotten mine yet o!make una no let devil get high B.P o!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2007
Kuwena, as i told u earlier i'm an engineer and i stayed in kano.I called NLNG to confirm if i passed the 2nd stage the very wk we learnt that the result is out.As for the strike, i pray NLC call it off if possible this evening so that our assessment is not postpone further.because right now am confused.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2007
o.k eesah is n engineer, any other engr out there who hasn't bin invited shud holla ao that i know i am not alone ,forget panic am about to get kuwenatitis!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.