Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210002 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
In helping to put out gas flares in Nigeria, NLNG through its community relations management, is also serving the interest of the communities in which it operates. Community development emphasis is geared towards self-reliance and sustainability.

Nigeria LNG has so far executed no fewer than 50 community projects on Bonny Island and about 200 self-help projects on its pipeline communities. These projects cover the provision of health, roads, electricity, water and other social amenities.

In pursuing its community development policies, the company provides support to local communities in two broad areas: business and human development and the provision of infrastructure. While business and human development support programmes are aimed at enabling the community develop the appropriate mindset for self reliance and development independent of outsiders, infrastructure projects are engineering projects related to development or refurbishment of existing physical infrastructure.
On these projects, NLNG expends more than seven million dollars annually.

Business and Human Development Programmes
The business and development programme of the NLNG involves the following efforts:

Encouragement of indigenous contractors
In demonstration of its stakeholding community development principle towards its pipelines, NLNG is responding to the host communities' expectations by awarding contracts to indigenous contractors in two ways:Pipelines Right of Way surveillance and inspection contracts :

In this way, NLNG pays compensation to communities across its pipeline routes for (Right of Way and economic trees) far in excess of approved industry rates. Quantified according to size of land holding, holders of the GTS Row Contracts, employ family members to maintain the Right of Way. Such holders receive payments from NLNG on a monthly and quarterly basis.

Asset maintenance contracts:
NLNG also awards contracts for the painting of signposts, markers as well as the cutting of grass,etc.

Employment of skilled and unskilled labour
NLNG provides employment opportunities to skilled and unskilled members of its host communities.'

Provision of micro-credit
Award of scholarships
Scholarship
In 1998, NLNG established a community scholarship scheme designed for sons and daughters from the NLNG host communities. This scheme covers post primary and tertiary education.
It kicked off in 1998 with 95 candidates. This number rose to 240 during the 1999/2000 academic year and by 2000/2001, NLNG had awarded scholarships to over 632 candidates.
So far, over 1,000 students have benefitted from among the NLNG's host communities in Bonny and GTS.
Infrastructure Programme
The infrastructure programme is made up of the following components:
Upgrading of existing infrastructure:

Health Sector
Renovation of Health staff quarters in Bakana
Renovation of Health staff quarters in Isaka Health centre
Refurbishment in Ebogoro Water extension in Obite Health centre
Completion in Ohali-Elu Health centre
Refurbishment in Okposi
Provision of Health centre equipment at Omoku
Prior to 2002, several health projects had already been completed in Ogba, Emohua, Ekpeye and Abua Kingdoms.
Apart from health projects, NLNG has also shown interest in projects that empower its host communities socially and economically. Some of these projects include:-

The provision of cold store to the Bonny community
The renovation of the Finima market
The construction of shopping mall in Bonny
Provision of buses for Finima and Bonny youths
Provision of cargo boat for Finima Women
Provision of fishing materials to several GTS communities in Okirika and Kalabari whose main occupation is fishing
Provision of four cargo boats to the Bonny community
Provision of cargo boats outboard engines to several GTS communities
Support for local contractors and entrepreneurs through contracts given to them in the provision of community amenities and projects
Construction/renovation of civic centres which act as recreation centers as well as generate income through rentals by the local communities
Empowering Local contractors at work on community projects
Road Construction / Rehabilitation
Building of Coal Beach Roundabout
Rehabilitation of road to Finima
Rehabilitation of Court Road
Rehabilitation of Lecox/Isowari Road
Rehabilitation of New Layout & King Jaja Road
Rehabilitation of road to Vocational Training School
Rehabilitation of Park Road
Rehabilitation of Government School Hospital Road Bypass
Rehabilitation of King Perukele Road
Costruction of Bonny Sandy Road
Provision of Potable Water
The company has contributed to the provision of potable water to its host communities in the following ways:
Construction of gigantic water borehole in Ubeta
NLNG is also responsible for the operation and distribution of water supply in Finima town and most parts of Bonny
Joint Industry Committee (JIC)
In a bid to actualise its community relations programmes, Nigeria LNG is also leading other operators on Bonny Island comprising Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited and Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) in a Joint Industry Committee (JIC).
For this purpose a multi-billion naira projects Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) was signed between NLNG, Mobil, SPDC and the Bonny Kingdom aimed among other things at:
Pooling resources together to execute bigger projects and eliminate duplication of efforts
Through the JIC, projects that would ordinarily not have been possible for any of the companies to execute individually have been executed on Bonny Island with Nigeria LNG bearing 50% of the cost while Mobil and Shell contribute 30% and 20% respectively.
The company's partnership principle has found expression in joint efforts to build, maintain and sometimes renovate classroom blocks, bore holes, town halls, roads, etc, in Bonny Island.
The MOU is expected to provide Bonny two major roads of 2.7km, improved electricity, water supply and accelerated future development of the Island through the design and implementation of a Bonny Master Plan.
JIC Projects:
2.7 km link road along existing embankment to Abalamibie
2.7 km Bonny by-pass road
Provision of higher capacity power distribution network
Bonny town water scheme
Abalamabie Water extension and
Production of a master plan for Bonny
Power Generation, Distribution and Maintenance
The Bonny Utilities Company (BUC) established by the JIC for the management, operation and maintenence of utilities on Bonny Island has provided Bonny communuities about 95% uninterrupted power supply since its inception.

Or this?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
At last. Bye all; bye for now!

wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ kuwena.

thanks for the information, smiley, but meen! that was really long y'know shocked

Just wanted to acknowledge your effort and bring this post out from the 3rd page, haba! grin

take care, and peace out!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ N'landers

sorry for the typo. I meant the 6th page, grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2007
grin grin grin

@aniffy4eva, thanx for fighting our relegation to 3rd page, i wanted to spank kuwena for not blabbing for a while but you just saved him, anyway kuwena, you have been doing a gr8 job keeping this thread alive with so much enthusiasm and gr8 expectations. i was reliably in4med that letters will be sent within this week and assessment will start from 25th of this month. just tot i should share it with you guys cos i know it will save some hearts from beating too fast for too long considering the way NLNG is going about the whole process,

@kuwena please keep this thread alive even if you have to describe Bonny Island and their young and amiable monarch, just keep this thread on the 1st page and you will be richly rewarded by HIM whom you believe in, shocked shocked :ocheers all
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
Oh! I thank you both, @aniffy4eva and @pisky for your loving encouragement. I did come online yesterday to see our darling thread on page 4 or so; but I was at a loss as to what to do next. Thank you for being there for us, for our thread. And @pisky, thank you for the info - it was a heart warmer - I love you both; I love you all. Thanks once again.

'He who started a good work in us will be faithful to complete it.' Amen. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ kuwena

howdy, grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2007
good job guys, we all appreciate ur efforts
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2007
I thank you, @jenks, @aniffy4eva, and pisky, for all your support. Pisky, when you say you were reliably informed that the letters will be issued this week, do you mean that we would begin to receive them sometime next week, considering that the posting may take about four days, no? And when you say the Assessment Centres will begin by the 25th of the month, do you mean that they will last for more than just that day? Apart from the fact that we are all eager to get on with this thing, we want to know if we should begin preparing in earnest. Recall that it has been said by at least one wise man, 'He that fails to prepare, prepares to fail.' Please, fill me in; please, o please tell me more. And by the way - who told you what you know about the next stage?

Longing to hear from you.

I love you all with all my heart and soul and mind.

God bless @aniffy4eva, @jenks and @pisky. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2007
kuwena u sure are a handful but i must admit u dey try hope u go still de talk for training skull at least make we no de bored,meanwhile where is uleh-j he hasn't bin in the house for a while,ppl kip up d gud work see u all soon.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2007
OYA, COME BACK TO PAGE 1, grin grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
SORRY, PAGE 7, grin grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by ulehj(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ Mohid
I always read your contributions,i am still waiting for my letter.Kuwena i can see you so excited and bouyed. Guys i have a little problem,i have not gone for service yet, but i was told that isn't a problem.Anyways i am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the interview or whatever.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2007
@uleh_j; you haven't served? But I thought the application was restricted to those who had served or were serving as at October 3, 2006? If indeed the training programme starts in August this year, how can a serving corper or a person who has not served truly participate? Anyway, che sera sera.

@aniffy4eva, I thank you still, for your undying support. @pisky is yet to answer my question. I am in high spirits today - they just paid allowie here in my LGA in Kano. As for those who say I will still be blabbing in Training School, why don't we get there first. Besides, how will you know who is @kuwena? I won't tell anyone there tongue. And don't be decieved: in real life, I am quiet, and like to escape from attention. I know how some people's hearts are, and I spare myself from being the butt of everyone's envy.

I love the anonymity on Nairaland.com. I can be wiser than some think. Watch out.

I love you all, though - it's a major weakness, this thing called love. My love for you all.

Peace out, @aniffy4eva. wink cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2007
@uleh_j . i'll say u're d most favoured person around.
just knw that HE that has brought you to this level definately has a plan for you.

@kuwena. don't think u won't be spoted out, i trust my instinct  2 spot u out of a crowd.

To all; all d best as we await d begining of a new career.
by d way, does anyone have an idea of d number of people left, there just might b space 4 all, u knw,
cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2007
Well, @jenks, we will have to see about all you say, eventually. I do not think we can be more than 400 at this stage. If you recall that we were over 16,000 in the beginning, you will appreciate how far Yahweh has brought us.

'I will praise you, Yahweh, you have helped me up,' (Psalm 30 v 1a). cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Sequoia(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2007
hi y'all

nice thread. been following it from the very beginning though this is the first im posting myself.

nice that all peeps are keeping hope alive as concerns an NLNG job.

from all the gist i've heard so far it seems to be a dream job -well if the job no be dream the pay is sure a dream pay.

i beleive that our hopes would not be dashed that God would make all beautiful in the time he has set for it.

so lets all keep our heads up, our hopes high, our fingers crossed and our eyes fixed on the mark.

its going to be good.

already looking forward to a nairaland reunion when we get to NLNG. smiley smiley smiley something to look forward to huh!!

see you all at the top.
one luv and much luv
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mhm(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2007
guys just relax, you have passed the 2nd test, you will surely be called for the assessment center even if its next year. The delay could be to a number of reasons we cant really put a finger on.

Just get prepared for the assessment center which i hear should begin by month end. The assessment center would normally last for about a month.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2007
@mhm, did you say last for a month?! Is that how Assessment Centres are? Na wa-o! House, educate me, is that how Assessment Centres are?!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mhm(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2007
well as far as i know assessment centers would normally be carried out for about 10-20 candidates per day. if you have 300 candidates as we have assumed so far it will take about a month to conclude.

Each candidate doing his/hers in a day. Hope you now understand.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2007
what mhm said is right. information reaching me is dat it will actually take six weeks for the assessment center to conclude and dat it wil start on the 25th. so lets all wish for the best. but i wonder, if its going to take the whole day, what could they possibly be asking/interviewing? will u do it stage by stage? will u present; take 30mins break, den come 4 another session n stuff like dat? i wuld love to know!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hi y'all,
You guys have been wonderful all along. I was just a casual observer just checking out stuff in the forum but now I am registered and a day never passes without my checking out information from nairaland. I also passed the second stage and I'm looking forward to the assessment centre.
I'll see you guys there hopefully and soon, all these will become TESTIMONIES.
Cool weekend
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2007
Well, @jbyno, I wonder as you do-o! I cannot imagine what these people will be asking for a whole day-o! It really beats me; and this issue of six weeks also beats me. Na wa-o! What are we going to be doing for the whole of six solid weeks - waiting again, I suppose. Na wa-o! Na wa-o! Na wa-o! Na wa! Na wa! Na wa! angry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by izinbizi(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2007
ok lets keep this thread on no1 - We'ld need information now more than ever. I'm slated for monday 25th and its pretty much a whole day process, comparable to schlumberger assessment.
Sending regards to Kuwena - He that has called us is faithfull to keep us till the end. The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable and whatsoever is born of God cannot but overcome the world.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by izinbizi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2007
There's gonna be an aptitude test, a group/team ability evaluation, oral interview, strenght and weaknesses, ability to manage and interprete information, Computer ability, slide presentation etc and U are just adviced to be yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2007
@izi-n-biz, thanks for the infor.When did u received ur letter? Though i was told the letters will come in batch.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by izinbizi(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2007
Got mine like thursday last week.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pisky(f): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2007
@kuwena cool cool cool no appologies for being away all this while but now that i am back well, grin grin grin i actually meant to say i am really very sorry for not looking up this doha for a while now. how is kano treating you? i hope you are having a swell time, but softly eat groundnut and kilinshi, if not NLNG will fail to recognize your face at training school.

i actually got the gist from a staff, i was there when he called someone in their HR DEPT who gave the info. i am as full of expectations as you are and maybe thats why they are stalling. my source equally told me that its not a one day thing and that we will be assessed in batches. but now that we are yet to get the letters till date, i am beginning to doubt the possibility of them starting on the 25th. anyway, whether they decide to start on 25th o! or 35th o!, what we owe them is to keep our fingers crossed while we prepare for them.

meanwhile where can i get materials to prepare with, its actually my first time and all i know about it, i got on the shl site which ofcourse is quite sparing. if you know anything pls help a sister out and God will richly bless you.

LOTS OF lUV,

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by izinbizi(m): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2007
What r U doubting? I said I have mine on the 25th.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2007
@ N'landers

we should not doubt izi-n-bizi, i think letters may be forwarded on a weekly basis, ie. those slated for the week 25th to 30th will have obtained their letters by now, while those slated for the following week should get their next week and so on, (just a thought), smiley

Meanwhile @ izi, since it seems that you may attend your interview before quite a number of us, please kindly furnish us with details of the interview process after you've attended yours, wink

i sincerely wish you all the best in your interview, Honestly!!!, cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kizoic: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2007
I'm scared.
I got mine on friday (15th) and I'm scheduled fro 26th June; that means I've got barely a week to prepare.
Anyone in the house with info on what exactly to expect? Pls let brotherly love continue.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:31am On Jun 18, 2007
You mean you guys have started getting your letters? Na wa-o! I have not got anything yet. @pisky, this your six-week theory, are you sure it is viable - does it hold water, or sorry it appears you were not the one who talked about the six-week thing. Another person was saying that those who would be slated for later weeks would not get their letters yet. This is quite strange - I am yet to get a letter. Maybe I should go and find out if there was any letter meant for me at the local office of FEDEX here. And thank you for your advice about kilishi and groundnuts; you forgot to add dambu! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.