Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,837 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? (5012 Views)

I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / Why Do Men Hate The Idea Of Their Wife Or Girlfriend Having Male Friends? / Why Do Some Men Cherish Their Girlfriends More Than Their Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by 24volts: 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
Why is it that most ladies after marriage changes like camelion over night, only in attempt to control the man ?
why is that in attempt to control the man unhappy home sets in and she is not disturbed?
why is it that most urgly characters of wives have driven thier men out of home into excessive drinking and extra marital dating ?
Do you know that some cases of HIV in married men is as a result of unhappy home?
Why is it that wives can no longer be submisive to their men?
all these questions disturbs me alot and I realy dont know the best way to handle these creatures called women,

my best friend on earth unfortunately happens to find himself in this proplem, I have mediated alot of time, we have fasted and prayed, men of God have intervained, my friend is currently having a high blood pressure as a result of un happy home created by his wife. No body is happy with the woman ranging from their maid, gate keeper, inlaws, and friends. my friend told me he wants to divorce the lady and move on but I refused him doing that. He has even attempted to date an NYSC staff in my office unkowingly to me, but when i got to know i frustrated the intention. Guys this issue is getting out of hand and i beleive that some good reasonable nairalander here can profer an idea especially those that may have suffered the same fate. GOD BLESS
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by ice234: 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
dats a question for u to answer
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by r231(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^^^abi o
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by papa190(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2010
this is very true esp in nigerian marriages
esp these found here @ the capital

come 2 abuja friday nite clubs/nite outs

80% of the men are married yet go clubbing
bringing in 3/4 WHOREs and buying em, carlo rossi wine for the nite

yet i wonder where the wives of these men wud be,

its friday nite rite now, they are all out there~

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Mbeki: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
Nigeria still remain one of the few society in the world that upholds the virtue of marriage. in other societies, people have gone beyond happy homes to deliberately remaining as a single mothers and fathers.
In Southern African Countries, ladies there will tell you they don't want to get married but they need men that can just get them pregnant to get kids. To them, they can't stand the headaches in marriage. so with the aforementioned reasons by the posters, the value of marriage in our own society will soon collapse if care is not taken.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Acidosis(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2010
80%? Too High!
@Topic, what reason can we give to that if not for an incompatibility between couples. A great number of men married wrong wives.
Marriage is a delicate task but many of them  mis-interpreted the steps needed for a successful marriage with a wedding ceremony.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Lenny9000(m): 2:07am On Jul 24, 2010
Some of you people here are so funny. Now where did you get your statistics? And what would you say if I told you most of my friends are happy with their wives and girlfriends?, If your statistics is right how come so many people are still getting married? So they can experience unhappiness is that it? Imagine saying unhappy homes could also be reason for the spread of HIV, So the cheating husbands never heard of the word CONDOMS before.. Yeah right! Tell your friend to trace his steps back, sit his wife down and try to communicate, So many people confuse talking with communication
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by iice(f): 3:19am On Jul 24, 2010
erhhh so essentially men are blameless? Anyhoo people are blind so they get surprised when someone suddenly changes. . .like people actually 'suddenly' change. Blind.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by mensdept: 3:45am On Jul 24, 2010
I wonder if the women are happy with themselves?

Are they happy on their own, or happy when the man/husband does all the work, and furthers the woman's private agenda. Really, it takes a large amount of divine intervention to stay married for the better, at least a pastor friend of mine married for 50 yrs told me.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by StRichy(m): 6:16am On Jul 24, 2010
Marriage is either enjoyed or ENDURED says a wise Uncle.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Kave(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2010
RULE 1, never marry a woman you cant control, let her be like 5yrs younger than you.
RULE 2. DONT BEHAVE LIKE MUMU WHILE DATING, BE SHARP AND ALWAYS REMEBER THAT YOU ARE THE MAN AND YOU SHOULD BE IN CONTROL/,

thats all for now.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by yme1(f): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
because whatever led them both into that marraige fade away
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2010
where did u get ur facts poster?
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2010
Because we have ppl marrying for the wrong reasons.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by mkpuluma(f): 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
Communication matters alot.

i think d guy should have a heart to heart talk wt his wife

find out wt the problem is and look for a lasting solution to it
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by wire: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
Let me first of all say that u have taken a wise stand as a christain to discourage ur friend from divorce. Its really not the best at all, it will only complicate issues and worsen his blood pressure.

Yeaah most women are not submissive these days to their husbands. Its possible she has a bad character OR there are things about the marriage that are upsetting her of which your friend is being insensitive about, probably pressure from inlaws, not giving her that much attention,(talking out of experience) being self centered, all these make a woman go crazy and then she tends to over react all the time.He should sit her down and discuss this bad attitude of hers and look for ways restore his marriage other than going for divorve.They both have roles to play in their marriage.

God has joined them together, he shouldn't put assunder, rather fervent prayer is the key. Prayer really works.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Omolola1(f): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
none of my business cool
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by papa190(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^
why sweets we would be getting wedded someday! embarassed
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by bigfather(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
Kave:

RULE 1, never marry a woman you cant control, let her be like 5yrs younger than you.
RULE 2. DONT BEHAVE LIKE MUMU WHILE DATING, BE SHARP AND ALWAYS REMEBER THAT YOU ARE THE MAN AND YOU SHOULD BE IN CONTROL/,

thats all for now.

I beg to differ on rule numer one. Am just a year older than my wife and i call the shot any time any day. The most important thing is just to make sure your wife is from a very humble back ground and never ever allow her to dominate all the time . You must disagree to agree. Give her the chance but be in control !
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2010
24volts:

Why is it that most ladies after marriage changes like camelion over night, only in attempt to control the man ?
why is that in attempt to control the man unhappy home sets in and she is not disturbed?
why is it that most urgly characters of wives have driven thier men out of home into excessive drinking and extra marital dating ?
Do you know that some cases of HIV in married men is as a result of unhappy home?
Why is it that wives can no longer be submisive to their men?
all these questions disturbs me alot and I realy dont know the best way to handle these creatures called women,

my best friend on earth unfortunately happens to find himself in this proplem, I have mediated alot of time, we have fasted and prayed, men of God have intervained, my friend is currently having a high blood pressure as a result of un happy home created by his wife. No body is happy with the woman ranging from their maid, gate keeper, inlaws, and friends. my friend told me he wants to divorce the lady and move on but I refused him doing that. He has even attempted to date an NYSC staff in my office unkowingly to me, but when i got to know i frustrated the intention. Guys this issue is getting out of hand and i beleive that some good reasonable nairalander here can profer an idea especially those that may have suffered the same fate. GOD BLESS

Well, I guess it so happens because most women are desperate enough to pretend to be who they are not, just to get married! This is because most me would NEVER accept women for who they truly are.

They want virgins, submissive, quiet, harworking and perfet women. The women, who are falling short of these attributes resort to acting like they are what the man wants. As soon as the deal is sealed, off comes the gloves!

This will serve as a lesson to men who dump their blunt GFs, to marry supposedly submissive women!

What you deserve is what you get. tongue
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by papa190(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
Uju why must all your posts always refer to freedom for the women race!! angry angry
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by okenwa(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ all

1.  is it all marriages that is joined by GOD?
2.  the poster is right by stating 80% (perhaps he is a pastor and people come to pastors with complians such as this one)
3.  these days, people visit habalist/spiritualist for 'love portions' so as to get married to people, they end up marrying each other( we all know that love portion has expiring date) how will the marriage last, and you are quoting 'what God has joined together, ?' truth be told not all marriages is God-joined. the divorse God frowns at is one in which He orders.(which is rare this days) infact ever since Adam told God ''is it not the woman You [/i]gave[i] to me, (Gen 3:12)   since then, wife-search is left in the hands of a man to do since God can not take further blames from man because of what He gives to him as wife,so God concluded to granting favour to those who finds their wife(Provb 18:22)

divorse on its own has solution to the life of un-compatible couples, especially when they were not GENIUNLY destined to be together.

@ poster,
my advise to your friend is for him to ENDURE the contentious woman.
somethings happen for lessons to be learnt, people should not be forced into marriage or encouraged to settle down to someone they are not compatible with. gbam

the truth is bitter but i have said it

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by ojesymsym: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
This guy dealth extensively with it, I assure u it is very comprehensive. I read it some yrs back, this topic made me go and dig it out again.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145207.0.html

I addmit, it is a long write-up, if u r interested in making your marriage or a loved ones marriage work, u shud print it out and probably one of the best gift u can give anyone in a wedding ceremony.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by ayo84(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
d initial romance has fizzzled out, the lady is no longer attractive,shes added weight,no t sexy anymore,fat and the husband starts getting attention from young ladies who compete with his wife in beauty,shape and sexiness
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by luap: 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2010
Thats the problem with the 80% of unhappy married Nigerian men. They do not know how to keep power in their own homes. You weaklings should learn to leave the wife and not put up with sh.i.t. !!!
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by 24volts: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ Ojesymsym
This guy dealth extensively with it, I assure u it is very comprehensive. I read it some yrs back, this topic made me go and dig it out again.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145207.0.html

I addmit, it is a long write-up, if u r interested in making your marriage or a loved ones marriage work, u shud print it out and probably one of the best gift u can give anyone in a wedding ceremony.

From the above I must say big thank you, I printed 3 copies of your article and gave the woman one, the man one and I took one, we read the article line by line and at the end they all admitted where they all faulted. iam happy to say that my friend is living a new married life with the wife. pls I recommend anybody who is also having same issue to print the article from the link above
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by candylips(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2010
very good
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by romeorailss: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2017
mensdept:
I wonder if the women are happy with themselves?

Are they happy on their own, or happy when the man/husband does all the work, and furthers the woman's private agenda. Really, it takes a large amount of divine intervention to stay married for the better, at least a[b] pastor friend [/b]of mine married for 50 yrs told me.

shocked E kasan sir o. Mo juba sir o
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
That's cos men have refused to marry for love but for sentiments of religion, tribe, family ties, money etc..
Anyway marriage is not by force.
Make him waka comot.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by muller101(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
Never u advise a man to get married. Teach him how to be a good baby daddy. The very moment a man get married that's when common sense finally leaves ur body forever.
Re: 80% Of Married Men Are No Longer Happy With Their Wife, Why? by Lalas247(f): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
When most either added weight or becomes lazy or no support and needy
Can't perform in the bedroom .. very typical reason #justsaying grin
Reserve cowgirl never fails they should try it

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do With Gifts From An Ex? / What Is The Appropriate Age For A Nigerian Female To Start Dating? / Can Women Be Put In The Friend Zone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.