Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:50 AM

When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! (12493 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Her Ex Is Finer And Richer Than I Am..please Help!!! / I Impregnated Our Maid Because My Banker Wife Was Never Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 3:26am On Jul 30, 2010
interesting read so far. but please, poster, make it snappy before it starts getting boring.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Dahbutter(m): 7:26am On Jul 30, 2010
I was just wondering is there any guy here who wont mind marrying a woman more educated than him. I mean like a guy has an HND and wants to marry a lady with MSc, or a guy has OND and his wife a BSc, i know men dont mind ladies with lower qualifications. But generally does it really affect relationships
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Bim4u: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Dahbutter,
pls start your own thread.
No distraction on this particular thread.
Am especially is waiting for the conclusion from poster asap.
@op,if suspense is 2 much then ur mind goes off the thread.
The suspense has been enough.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by donex: 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2010
swiftycool:

Tonye got to work late as expected; he dropped off his wife at the carport entrance to her office block where she angrily strutted off- he couldn’t care less and hurriedly raced to look for a parking space at the general lot. He was in high spirits today because of the morning’s event despite a warning sent to him by his boss for coming very late, he knew it must have been engineered by his wife…. He didn’t care.

There is one special thing about the ego in men that many women ignore and even a lot of men themselves have not come to fully realize, they have this instinct of an inner need to be the one who provides, protects and cares for their mate, their kids or vulnerable people around them, this manliness in them gives them a secret satisfaction. Men desire that someone looks up to them and always respect their territory however this gets broken if they have been “over mummied by their mums” or as in this case over- disrespected and stripped of their glory by their partners: as a result cuddling, petting and playing tend to reduce or out rightly cease, when or if those things ever occur it is done as a job or duty rather than from true emotions or desires.on the other hand in the case of the "over mummied", they tend to always be the ones in need of care and petting by their mates, which a woman can only cope with for some time before she starts to desire a dominant one. just for your information

He had a flash back of when he felt like a real man, when he was in charge, when he calmed her fears, protected her, provided for her, taught her stuff and generally took care of her. He was much younger then, broke but in charge. These days his territory had been breached and like men of old, this secret instinct made him desire new territory where he would once again be the alfa male and every other thing looked up to him, in that world, he had to be in control especially financially. All kinds of thoughts were coming to his mind.

Mr. swiftycool, Where are you, why cant you just complete this story, I will screamooooooooooooooooo!!!! This suspense is too much and making me visit Nairaland more than often,
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by deoyel25(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2010
I like his style. The guy is really taking his time on the story. That is why the story is so unique.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2010
grin thanx peeps, i know how u feel, am loving the attention too, am about to continue now, so take it easy ooo,
@ Bim4u, baby abeg no vex o, but na my way, if u cant stay with my flow, please visit some other threads and get back later ok
because on this page,  I RUN THANGS  wink

Aiiight, lets do this!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2010
Gloria was very angry about the morning’s events, she knew she had accepted Tonye’s request  to help Mummy P and her kids but she actually expected that he would have just given them some money to enable them afford a taxi to their destination, not  to bring those soaking and muddy people into their car. The car she spent her hard earned money to buy, without his help for that matter! How could he do such a thing?! She had bought that car at a very expensive price, when there were very few of them in the country at the time. This was a luxury car not to be used for carrying just anybody but people of class with a good taste who really could appreciate the value, not just “razz nobodies” she thought.

Gloria was breathtakingly beautiful, she had been brought up in Abuja by her mum and dad, her mum was a very hardworking lady who had served as a commissioned officer with a special appointment in one of the Nigerian uniformed forces. She struggled in a job that was male dominated and made a lot of enemies due to her strict nature and no nonsense attitude. She hated people cutting corners and allowed people get only what she believed they merited. She said no to anything substandard and would ensure people went through hell if it was the only way they could achieve her required high standards. However, when she got pregnant with Gloria’s youngest sister, she had some complications that kept her away from work for quite a long while. On getting back, her position had been occupied and all the men around who had hated her dominating attitude pulled all the strings they could behind the scenes to ensure she never came back into the job. Eventually, she was given an offer to be retired after a promotion with a good pay off and some other benefits. She was so angry, but had to succumb eventually. She later became a contractor for the same force as a civilian. Gloria was brought up in affluence, amongst the rich and children of the rich, her mum had instilled in her the discipline of never settling for less or being taken for a ride especially by any man. She had warned her to ensure she took control of situations around her. For Gloria, working in a male dominated environment meant she had to work twice as hard to get noticed as a woman and keep men around her on their toes. She even postponed getting pregnant to allow her see an important project through as it would be a very important part of her career to project her to a higher level; hence her present childless nature, her husband did not know this though, because she kept her birth control pills hidden from him. She was in control; sadly this control had been stretched unto her hubby, a mistake she ought not to have made.
After pondering on the morning’s event for a while, biting her lower lip frowning with her eyeballs looking upwards, she silently agreed with herself on what she was going to do. 

On getting home from work that day, Gloria confronted Tonye as he entered the house; she had left work early to get home long before him. Baba Kay had brought her through, as the floods had drained off. She stood at akimbo on his arrival, with a blank expression on her face, she said: welcome dear, please can I have MY car keys!, stressing the “My” part. Tonye was alarmed, why dear? He asked. It seems you don’t know how to take care of valuables; I want to get it washed and well maintained; she replied, but I can do that myself he, retorted.

As he noticed from her expression that she was about to begin raising her voice, he just took the keys out of his pocket dropped it on the table and walked upstairs. That was not the answer she expected, she thought he would beg her and plead for the car, she would then have accepted and stated the new rules she prepared for him as regards using the car. He could hear her shouting incoherent abuses from downstairs, which he didn’t bother listening to. He just entered the room angrily and slammed the door. Gloria was mad, she came rushing upstairs shouting: do you want to break the door?, I have lived here for years and have maintained all these things only for you to come and start destroying them and giving us a bad name to people. Do you want to destroy the property and let the letting company blacklist us as not careful!  Tonye was so angry but kept silent as she kept on ranting about the value of the house and all stuff in it. When he finally spoke, he said in a very low tone, maybe I should just leave this your expensive house for you. This caused a new wave of rants, talking about him being an ingrate, how she picked him up from poverty and so on after she mentioned these things again, Tonye smiled.

A smile can depict various emotions but the most common types are: a smile of joy, a smile of amusement, a smile of gratitude, a smile of satisfaction, an out rightly  fake smile and so on. Tonye smiled, but this was no smile like any of the listed above, it was a smile I really can’t describe a smile of pain and hurt. Oh my gosh! He wanted sooo much to give her a dirty slap, but the man in him wouldn’t let him. Real men don’t beat their wives, it’s better to just walk away; he remembered the advice of one of his friends, my brother.  He was still thinking to himself not bothering to answer to her rants as he wasn’t even listening anymore, when Gloria grabbed him by the shirt collar. He held her hand, he was very strong, pulled it off him before things got uglier, he picked up his wallet and mobile phone and walked out of the room, out of the house, out of the compound into the night, Gloria shouting behind him where the hell do you think you are going? Come back here useless man! He had had enough, he left the house angrily not knowing where he was headed.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by double08(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2010
come all this your suspense is getting too much,too much of everything is bad,the intervals you are giving is too long angry angry angry angry angry
try and finish the story sha.NICE ONE
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by deoyel25(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2010
^^ The suspense makes it interesting
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Mbeki: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
O boy why u dey do us like this na! if u want make we dey pay for early release tell us abeg! the tory too sweet oh!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by jarkbauer: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2010
husband and wife work in the same company?
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Ossaifamous(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2010
THIS STORY teller wicked oh
I have been silent but now I dey vex when this novel go finnish
And you are a fine nollywood scriptwriter o at least you have what it take to give us part four,
Am still waiting o
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by occam(m): 12:47am On Aug 01, 2010
Excellent story; great stuff! I’m sure the wife will have a different perspective. There are always two sides to a story.

My thoughts: Self-pity gets you nowhere. The guy should change the dynamics of the relationship by taking charge. Take some risks: change jobs, self-employment or training. Don’t get too comfortable; there are boundless opportunities out there.

BTW, he should have ditched the Range Rover SUV long time ago.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2010
@ Swiftycool, are you instrested in writting for my upcoming magazine?

Please if you are instrested send a mail -niromsolutions@yahoo.com subjecting it -freelance writer.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by minotaur(m): 5:14am On Aug 01, 2010
ah, swiftycool. Accept my accolades. I must say, you are good. The story is flowing and leaves one guessing what happens next. I can only imagine. keep up the good work. I've been visiting this thread just to keep up with the story. Looking forward to the next part.

Your location says you are in Aberdeen. are you studying there?
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by derolly(m): 5:52am On Aug 01, 2010
@ poster

o boy finish this stuff nah!
why u dey behave like Nepa?
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Dahbutter(m): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2010
Chei! this guy will not kill me o! I practically live on nairaland these days,,  all day i keep imagining the scenario and what happens next, i dont mind paying for it. You are the best so far, please keep it up and keep it coming

NB: I know you said you were an architect, but would you be interested in helping to create a story line for the biography on a great late Nigerian activist to be made into a movie.  I can link you up with some people, They will give the basics but you expand it and help create the pictures, if interested please mail prodction@realityagent.com
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2010
I am not going to ask swifty to quickly finish his story like some others are advocating for. After all, what you do you think about
'WE ARE NOTHING BUT PENCILS IN THE HANDS OF THE CREATOR' which comes up only once a week?
I am sure a TV producer will pick up this story line and shoot a film
watch out!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 5:43am On Aug 03, 2010
Hiya all, did u miss me  grin
A big thanx to all my followers and for the various "job offers" that floded my mailbox you guys are really encouraging even without seeing my other attributes yet. Ive been out of network coverage for sometime but am back now to continue our intriguing story
@ Coal-coal, thanx jare, u make betta sense jor
@dahbutter, ill contact u soon enuff
@fizofly, ill send a mail to u soon as well
@minotaur thanx a lot 4 d big ups, and yes i studied for a MSc in construction in Aberdeen, but am through now. i work there on contract for now
@ every other person, this is the trick to the game,  suspense! how do u think we get 1000+ viewers in just four days on a topic or story? we need to keep u guys coming back na, anyhow it would soon end. just bear with me. LOL to everyone (LOTs of LOVE not laff out loud)  kiss

lets continue,
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 5:56am On Aug 03, 2010
Tonye left the house on foot; he walked on for a long time contemplating what next to do, until he decided to call Teejay. Teejay was one of his former flatmates, he wasn’t married yet, he was a bad a$$ player but he was the only one Tonye knew who lived alone in a bachelors pad with more than two comfortable rooms in a location where he could easily get to work from. One other good point was that Gloria didn’t know where he lived.  Teejay came to pick him from where he had described over the phone, he was in high spirits with one hot chick in his car, as the car came to a halt, He told the girl who was sitting beside him to get in the passenger’s seat behind while he asked Tonye to join him in front. He blasted some music on high volume as he drove them all excitedly to his pad.

Tonye had considered quitting his job for another place ever since his wife’s second burst up, but he was not ripe for such a gamble then; this was his only source of a reasonable income and he believe he would have been a fool if he just threw in the towel over some ego stunts that early. He had also considered building and running a business of his own, but he knew that the teething periods would have required his heavy dependence on Gloria which would have resulted in greater insults eventually. Within the 16months in his present job however, he had gotten some professional certifications and useful experience at work from various trainings and exams. He’d applied to various firms and finally got a job offer through Alex who he met at the professionals dinner function many months ago. The company was not as large as his, the pay at the higher level position he was to take was even quite less than what he earned at his present position. However, the company though being a smaller one offered more opportunities for quick growth and future prospects. He had kept this from his wife all along and had not considered taking it especially as it would make it more difficult to cope with their present expensive lifestyle due to the less paying nature, besides he knew she would only have criticized or rubbished his intentions. However, right there in Teejay’s car he decided he was going to take the job.

Tonye moved in with Teejay that night and felt a peace of mind that had eluded him for a long time. He didn’t really expect his phone to ring as he knew Gloria was filled with too much pride to call him, he planned returning to his wife’s house two days later to get his personal and work related stuff out of the house and drop the keys. He’d texted her saying that he wouldn’t come back to the house until she was able to become reasonable with him.  As for Gloria, she really didn’t seem to care and never replied his text.  She expected that when he got tired of what she thought was hard living outside; he would come home, tail between legs and beg. Besides she was planning a silent power show for him throughout at work to ensure this would happen. Tonye came to work from the next day in a borrowed car from Teejay and put his best into the work daily as if nothing had happened. His wife made work life miserable for him using her powers as much as she could but he didn’t seem perturbed, he only smiled and got on with stuff, closing very late each day to ensure all things were done as she specified through his boss.

By the weekend, Tonye had completed most of his pending assignments before they were even due and then he submitted his resignation letter to the shock of so many of his colleagues, his boss and most especially Gloria who was cooking up newer ways of tormenting and punishing him at work.

He was to start the new job in a month’s time while he prepared to hand over at his office. Alex who helped him get the job ensured he got some advance loan for personal development referred to in their circles as a “Golden hello”. He was able to manage with Teejay for a week plus till he got to rent and furnish, through a letting company, a nice two bedroom flat in a middle class estate in a renowned part of Lagos. He had contacted Collins to help him get a good tokunbo Toyota corolla car from Cotonou, which arrived within 2 weeks. He settled into his new job with his house and car; into a comfortable yet modest lifestyle and for the first time experienced real peace and prosperity within just one month of leaving Gloria’s house. It felt real good to be free again where he could invite his friend to come watch football matches nonstop without interruption, he could choose what he wanted to do, visited and socialized with whomever he wanted to, was never condemned for his taste or preference, monitored around nor harassed for his choices. Of course living in his new apartment which was in a block of flats was not really as comfortable as the detached three bedroom one-storey, exclusively located, luxury maisonette he previously shared wife in terms of the amenities. There was no swimming pool, no hired helps to carry out his chores, no gate ma nor driver; he washed his car himself or paid people occasionally to do it at an affordable price, he didn’t always have to run the generators nonstop whenever there was no light and for the first time after being married was able to start saving his own money towards getting a land and other future plans as he was now living within his means. Gradually the dead man in him lived again!

All this time, Gloria had heard rumours of his new job and the fact that it was less paying but she knew nothing about his new house or living situation, she wondered how he was coping and secretly began to miss his presence, the nights had been cold, the house responsibilities were now quite much to bear alone due to pressures and more responsibilities at work. Her helps around the house were continuously stealing or scamming her of money for little repairs and maintenance costs for various things which Tonye had been handling effortlessly. It had been two months plus now, yet pride still had the better part of her, she silently wished he would come back home,
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by saintneo(m): 7:05am On Aug 03, 2010
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Akinagirl(f): 7:14am On Aug 03, 2010
Good story swifty, more please!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by double08(m): 9:20am On Aug 03, 2010
Akinagirl:

Good story swifty, more please!

see your mouth like more,is it bj? cheesy

good work swifty
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2010
Swifty, the story is getting juicier. Well, I am willing to be patient.
This story is reminiscent of what goes on in our society. I have seen couples who are in similar situations as this. It could really be a difficult situation if the bread winning role is played by the wife.
I am at work right now. I will write a little about this hopefully later today.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by d7thcaller: 11:32am On Aug 03, 2010
@ Swiftcool, this is a very nice piece.
I stoped reading long posts on NL but this ur story got my attention.
Kudos and keep it up.
Meanwhile finish up OR, lol
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by ojesymsym: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
No wonder our elders say, women cannot not manage power, wealth and positions and to think that i was begining to think they were wrong. No I hv to go back to d foundamentals.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by deoyel25(m): 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Swifty, keep up the good works. I like your unique style.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
Has anyone noticed that we have more males responding to this post than females?
I wonder , I just wonder,
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
swiftycool, you've reached a point in your story that suspense won't do you any good, cos the story has only two endings, either he leaves his wife and finds another love, or his wife comes begging maybe cos she lost her job and he is the only one that can help her out, or simply cos she misses him, so complete your story we are waiting
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2010
Steph, it seems you are so much in a hurry for this story to end.
Well, since you already have concluded that the story has 2 ends, why not choose one and stop whining?
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by CuteAngel(f): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2010
i don't want the story to end soon, i like the suspense. grin grin

Nice job swifty
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by woro: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
swiftycool am giving it to u!good job write up and good storyline pls lets av the end of the story in time as the suspense is too much to bear!the pride in ladies will always manifest wen they av upper hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Photo Of My Baby And I Relaxing Today / A Secret Only A Few Know. / This Is What Happens To You When You Are A Simp (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.