Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,340 members, 7,850,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (28134 Views)

Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze: I'm paying my tithes and is still working for me / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by GENTLETEE(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
That's not tithe strictly speaking. Give it another name.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donbenie(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?
So according to your logic the only reason one attends church is so that he can pay his Tithe? shocked
See Reason..#CHAI!! grin
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by victorazyvictor(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?

Meaning you don't know the diff between Tithe and Giving.

Remove your eyes on how the tithe was used, just obey and leave judgement of rich Nigerian pastors for God.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donbenie(m): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Paradigm777:

New Living Translation Deut. 12:11
you must bring everything I command you--your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, your sacred offerings, and your offerings to fulfill a vow--to the designated place of worship, the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored.
A Motherless Baby's Home can be a place of worship where God's name is being HONORED as nowhere was a church specifically mentioned..
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by naijjaman(m): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
R2bees:
Abeg make corper benefit too na, hunger dey allawe don finish.

r2bees I have contacted you. Respond or provide your email or whatsapp # Take care
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by DBestDoc(f): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
NumbEmotions:
Well thats alms giving ...can't be tithing ...You simply do not tithe period!
So an Alms giver and a so called tither who's doing the right thing?

You better keep laziness aside and study your Bible diligently. Ask the Holy spirit to tell you the truth about tithing so you'd know who's obeying God.

There are instructions to the CHRISTIANS to help their brothers in need, give to the poor and needy. Doing those things are like doing them for the Lord but there are no instructions to CHRISTIANS to pay tithe.

This is very simple. Get your bible, sit down and find the truth for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by naijjaman(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Meaning you don't know the diff between Tithe and Giving.

Remove your eyes on how the tithe was used, just obey and leave judgement of rich Nigerian pastors for God.

I know the difference better than you think and I will not remove my eyes from how tithe is used.
I also don't need holier than thou preaching from you and others.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kolaish(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
That is not TITHE but charity works.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Diso60090(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
My nigga
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
donbenie:
So according to your logic the only reason one attends church is so that he can pay his Tithe? shocked
See Reason..#CHAI!! grin

Go and reset your brain. If you cannot understand my point
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
DBestDoc:

Your statement in bold just got me so weak and almost in tears.

I feel so bad right now that you'd marry a woman and father children with this reasoning of yours. How you'd be able to make decent, intelligible and responsible decisions for your wife, children and your home is what i'm concerned about right now.

Lolz, maybe you attend one of those churches where they call thunder and shout blanbleblabla. Those ones use your money to buy jet and yacht.

I am from the old generation churches where they make use of the money. I can see you obviously know what they use your money for.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donbenie(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

If every one of the congregation decides to give their tithes to the beggars in the community, how do you take care of the following?

1. maintenance of the church
2. payment of workers in the church
3. payment of bills

Meanwhile my focus is not on this so-called new generational churches, so you don't look at my view in a different perspective. And to answer your question, church is not the building. The congregations are the church, but we are talking about the building and infrastructures.
A Church is not supposed to be a business venture and if the so-called Man of God wants to go into the business of winning souls he should be ready to expend his hard earned money instead of looking for who to foot the bills of his buildings which would tomorrow be his own family property..

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by victorazyvictor(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

I know the difference better than you think and I will not remove my eyes from how tithe is used.
I also don't need holier than thou preaching from you and others.

grin I know ur type grin

you can't pay 1 out of 10

and you can help the poor grin

APC Lie Muhammad kwontinu!
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by feodan: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?
Bro I Was Ones Reasoning Like You, But Now Im Out Of That Devilish Beleive Dat Tithing To The Church Is Bad. If Your Pastors Are Poor Then Wat Is The Prove That They Are Serving The Living God ?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
princfred:
People attend church not because the church needs their tithe but for spiritual upliftment.

True. But how can you attend service without contributing to the growth of the building where you are worshipping?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by darrellg9: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
[/b]
GavelSlam:

[b]Where in the bible?

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
Matthew 23:23 NKJV

GavelSlam:

Where in the bible?

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

GavelSlam:

Where in the bible?

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Harry00(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
|-|undred {100%} right
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donbenie(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

Go and reset your brain. If you cannot understand my point
Religion and Intelligence has NOTHING in common,just like your assertion makes zero sense..
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by hfc80: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?

can u show me the bible verse to support ur calm
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
donbenie:
A Church is not supposed to be a business venture and if the so-called Man of God wants to go into the business of winning souls he should be ready to expend his hard earned money instead of looking for who to foot the bills of his buildings which would tomorrow be his own family property..

You are referring to these new mushroom churches i bet. Those of them buying jets abi? Well i am talking about catholics, baptist and the rest.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by jolak5(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
Paradigm777:

New Living Translation Deut. 12:11
you must bring everything I command you--your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, your sacred offerings, and your offerings to fulfill a vow--to the designated place of worship, the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored.

are you still under the law? Do you not wear shoes to house of God? Women are now allowed to lead.
The tithe was a concept by God to cater for the levite who have no jobs, but now, pastors have more investments than some investors..
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Where in the Bible did God ask us to pay tithes to churches or pastors?

Google is there. Stop asking silly questions.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by naijjaman(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
victorazyvictor:

grin I know ur type grin

you can't pay 1 out of 10

and you can help the poor grin

APC Lie Muhammad kwontinu!

Politics and thuggery. That's your sorry life and not mine.
Sell your pvc and use it to support your dirty lifestyle and blame others.

Stop asking me for money because I am not father Christmas. I know those who are genuinely in need of help not addicts like you.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by NumbEmotions(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
DBestDoc:

So an Alms giver and a so called tither who's doing the right thing?

You better keep laziness aside and study your Bible diligently. Ask the Holy spirit to tell you the truth about tithing so you'd know who's obeying God.

There are instructions to the CHRISTIANS to help their brothers in need, give to the poor and needy. Doing those things are like doing them for the Lord but there are no instructions to CHRISTIANS to pay tithe.

This is very simple. Get your bible, sit down and find the truth for yourself.

Ohh you claim christians tithing is wrong and our dear Dumelo claims he gives his 'tithe'(which u claim is wrong) to the poor ...and I said well Dumelo thats not 'tithing' dats almsgiving coz I bliv its a matter of semantics ...so why the lecture?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
hfc80:

can u show me the bible verse to support ur calm

LEV. 27:30–34, LEVITES (NUM. 18:21), (NEH. 10:35–37)
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
donbenie:
Religion and Intelligence has NOTHING in common,just like your assertion makes zero sense..

Religion is not supposed to? Or how can you explain the feeding of 5000 men with mere 5 loaves and 2 fishes?

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by jolak5(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Proverbs 28:27 Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to poverty will be cursed.

2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you must give what you have decided in your heart, not with regret or under compulsion, since God loves a cheerful giver. Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Apart from the fact that the emboldened is a scriptural falsehood, it is also morally skewed and logically idiotic. In many civilized countries, churches have to publish financial statements and annual financial reports accounting for every cent received by the church and how it is spent. The clergy certainly has to be accountable to the people. To say that it is not your business what the church does with your money is absurd. You must be a fraudster.

Go and join the church elders if you want to find out how the money is being used.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
TheRealestGuy:

What happened to offerings and other free will donations?

Oh, all those N5, N10, N100 abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by farem: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
NaijaCelebrity:
''I give my tithes to the needy,they need it more than the church'' – John Dumelo reveals

Celebrated Ghanaian actor John Dumelo has revealed to the public what he does with his tithe money.

According to the famed actor he gives his tithe to the needy as they need it more than the church.

He made this claim on Twitter on Sunday morning.

Tithing In Christianity has always been a controversy topic. As some people believes in tithing others frowns on the act.
Source: https://nollyzone.com/i-give-my-tithes-to-the-needythey-need-it-more-than-the-church-john-dumelo-reveals/

If you have read your Bible very well, you would have known that biblically you should give to the needy.
Mere fact that you cannot afford to give more than 10% of your income out shouldn't be an excuse to run down the tithing.
A lot more tithers are giving far more than you are boasting to the needy after their tithes.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by farem: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
U
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

Go and join the church elders if you want to find out how the money is being used.

Which yeye elders? When was that a substitute for transparency and accountability? If every parish and diocese of the Church of England can publish annual financial reports, what stops Nigerian churches. No wonder many Nigerian pastors have gotten themselves in trouble abroad in the past. They think everywhere is a lawless jungle like Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kupe Boys Arrive Nigeria For A Show In Abuja / Fan Says Waje's Mother Is As Ugly As Her, She Replies / Bovi Highlights What Dorcas Fapson Did Right And 'Wrong'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.