Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,589 members, 7,843,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (28119 Views)

Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze: I'm paying my tithes and is still working for me / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by PennywysCares(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
so the bible that said it should be giving to God by paying it in church is stupid
fucck head, religion go kill u
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

Oh, all those N5, N10, N100 abi?

I was raised a Catholic (I'm not anymore). No Catholic parish I have ever been to solicits tithes. It hasn't stopped Catholic parishes meeting up with their obligations, building new parishes, schools, hospitals, orphanages etc. Yes, those N50 or N100 is very useful.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by DBestDoc(f): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
darrellg9:
[b][/b]

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
Matthew 23:23 NKJV

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Hahahha, problem dey oo. see what you quoted.

Jesus was clearly rebuking the Pharisees for choosing to keep the less important command while neglecting the most important which is our duty of showing mercy and kindness to the less priviledged.

Now, remember. The Pharisees were not Christians. These were the people practicing the exact same law Jesus came to abolish.

Read your Bible and understand oo. That was not an instruction to the CHRISTIANS .

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donbenie(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

Religion is not supposed to? Or how can you explain the feeding of 5000 men with mere 5 loaves and 2 fishes?
Exactly my point..only the gullible believe in Fairy-tales,the developed economies like the Chinese and other advanced economies have moved on from such hogwash..
Only the poor,illiterate,ignorant and low IQ SHITHOLE Countries still believe in such Superstitious exploitative Mumbo Jumbo..
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
so the bible that said it should be giving to God by paying it in church is stupid

Read your Bible please

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
James 1:27

Deuteronomy 26:12 King James Version (KJV)

When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

Note the Bible asked you to use your tithe one four categories of persons in Deuternomy 26:12
1. Levites
2. Strangers
3. The Fatherless
4. Widows

Now... Can you show me in the Bible we're God asked you to "summit" to Pastors, I wish to learn.
Note that the Word of God is Supreme to the theories of men.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Misslagbaja: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
easyfem:
I'm confuse over it too .....

On a norms , its should be given to the poor people but I got to follow what creator said

So what creator said is not normal?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
Edgarated:
I'm tired of this tithe issue stuff.
if you are tithing, continue.
if you are not tithing, hmm...,
if you are tithing to church continue.
If you feel tithing to church is not cool but rather using the money to help the needy..hmmm...
The bible made it clear...Malachi 3:10

--------------
Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in London or the Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396

12 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

Bible didn't ask you to give it to any Pastors only, but four categories of people.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by dermmy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
Austindark:

Yes o, your own bible is robbing you, because the holy Bible didn't say so.

Hehehe. I love this
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
easyfem:
I'm confuse over it too .....

On a norms , its should be given to the poor people but I got to follow what creator said

12 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
chukiz:
Don't know which one is right or wrong? Confused

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I was raised a Catholic (I'm not anymore). No Catholic parish I have ever been to solicits tithes. It hasn't stopped Catholic parishes meeting up with their obligations, building new parishes, schools, hospitals, orphanages etc. Yes, those N50 or N100 is very useful.

All thanks to their numbers wouldn't you say? Plus generous donations especially during harvest.

You cannot compare them to all these new churches where money is their motive
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Olaa: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ta Lo bi Eleyi lejoo bayi grin

NaijaCelebrity:
''I give my tithes to the needy,they need it more than the church'' – John Dumelo reveals

Celebrated Ghanaian actor John Dumelo has revealed to the public what he does with his tithe money.

According to the famed actor he gives his tithe to the needy as they need it more than the church.

He made this claim on Twitter on Sunday morning.

Tithing In Christianity has always been a controversy topic. As some people believes in tithing others frowns on the act.

Source: https://nollyzone.com/i-give-my-tithes-to-the-needythey-need-it-more-than-the-church-john-dumelo-reveals/
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by showboy25(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
so where in the Bible that God say so ( that you should be taking your tithes to the church,)
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
kernel001:

So?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

So?

If you have issues with that verse of the scripture, that's okay. From the above passage, tithe is for Pastor, Stranger, Widow and Fatherless. It's not for the Pastor only, there was no such practice in the Bible.

If you aren't coping Christ, invalidate that verse of the scripture.

Malachi tells us about bringing the tithe into God's house, Deuteronomy 26:12 tells us the uses.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=kernel001 post=73118561]

If you have issues with that verse of the scripture, that's okay. From the above passage, tithe is for Pastor, Stranger, Widow and Fatherless. It's not for the Pastor only, there was no such practice in the Bible.

Malachi tells us about bringing the tithe into God's house, Deuteronomy 26:12 tells us the uses.[/quote

For the Catholic setting, its valid. But not valid to these new churches.

Even though the Catholic dont stress on tithes unlike others, I believe they are more honest on how the funds are used
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by tosyne2much(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?
This caused a controversial discussion between some guys last week.. Isn't it surprising that 4 Nigerian pastors are among top 5 richest pastors in the world?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

r2bees I have contacted you. Respond or provide your email or whatsapp # Take care
OMG!! God bless u sir. 0813424 0279.. WhatsApp
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=Eberex post=73118660][/quote]
The Word of God is valid in His Church, irrespective of the denomination. I'm standing with the Word of God, not Church or Pastor.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Beemhan(m): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
There are lots of stupid things in the Bible. Don't let us go there undecided

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by somehow: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hope you do blood sacrifice too?
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by CsRockefeller(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?

Sir, pls can your foundation assist me in carrying out my personal cds coming up next week, for students in Jos South LGA? I will be very grateful as nothing is too small.

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Mypeople2(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
hahn:

Picture of you giving your tithe to god please smiley
But do you know God said , "as much as you have given to those in need, you have given to me"
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by djon78(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
I believe In paying tithe to the church were I receive God's word and also giving to other ministries that bless me. There is eternal blessings attached to this. It is a proof against recession, against pocket with holes.

Also I ensure that my parents are well taken care of. Intact I put them after God

Then I take care of the needy in different ways by meeting there needs. example I am developing a health facility to cater to the poor that can't afford proper Medicare.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by ehissi(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

So in other words, giving tithe is not wrong but laying emphasis on it? Why all the hullabaloo then?

They emphasize everything, its people who choose what they re-emphasize...
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by greggng: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Your foundation is yet to remember me o
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
somehow:
Hope you do blood sacrifice too?

Yeah, same place you and I normally go to
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
kernel001:

Malachi tells us about bringing the tithe into God's house, Deuteronomy 26:12 tells us the uses.
Are the Pastors now even Levites?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by somehow: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
This's what happens when you select what to follow when it comes to the thing of the law. You can't cherry pick. It's either you're for the law or for grace.
Eberex:

Yeah, same place you and I normally go to
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Glink2018(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
NaijaCelebrity:
''I give my tithes to the needy,they need it more than the church'' – John Dumelo reveals

Celebrated Ghanaian actor John Dumelo has revealed to the public what he does with his tithe money.

According to the famed actor he gives his tithe to the needy as they need it more than the church.

He made this claim on Twitter on Sunday morning.

Tithing In Christianity has always been a controversy topic. As some people believes in tithing others frowns on the act.

Source: https://nollyzone.com/i-give-my-tithes-to-the-needythey-need-it-more-than-the-church-john-dumelo-reveals/
... so many vagabond Christian.. everywhere.
May the Lord deliver them all.
If you like take your tithe celebrate with street urchins , nah you Sabi...
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Why will I worry myself about paying tithe when Jesus. The way The Truth and The Life dis not pay nor ask me to do so??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chioma Chukwuka Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Victor Osuagwu Celebrates His Birthday With New Pictures / Misi Molu: Tiwa Savage Should Prove I Begged Her For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.