Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (28137 Views)

Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze: I'm paying my tithes and is still working for me / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Heavance(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?
So people should go to church because of tithe? Or what are you saying?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
FoderKingthanos:
why are paying workers in the church??

Is it not God they are working for?

What happened to offering, Sunday school offering, Thanksgiving offering, sowing seeds etc
You're acting as if tithes are the only ways churches extort money

Even upon all these when they want to start a church project they'll still ask members to contribute money again

Be honest with yourself
90% of all tithes, offerings go into the pastors' AMD other workers' pockets

They are rarely used for church projects and maintenance

I can agree with you, why? All these pastors buying jets up and down are the cause.

But it's not your job to judge them, is it?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
FoderKingthanos:
See the kind of stupid mentality people have

"what the church does with the money is none of your bussiness"

I'm dumbfounded right now

See how deep people have been brainwashed

I'm sure you're one of those people that if a pastor tells you to go and plant bomb you won't even think twice

Stupid response. Oya go and march to your pastor and ask him " pastor, what are you doing with all the tithes we have been paying "? People like you just pop up and talk from their anus.

You dont see it in church. The church is not a political office where you think you can act like soldiers. Maybe your pastor makes announcement every Sunday to give u breakdown of where the money is going to.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
princfred:
Soo Pastor will use his own money to build and buy private things, members go use their own build public Church. The other donations are for what because I know they do building offering.

Do you have 24hours power supply in your church?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by steve13(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blacks are daft Don’t you worry why we have just 5alive and Chivita , can’t we have 100 of them ? Don’t you worry we have no jobs

The person that made the phone you use does not go to church nor pay tithe

Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
steve13:

Blacks are daft Don’t you worry why we have just 5alive and Chivita , can’t we have 100 of them ? Don’t you worry we have no jobs

The person that made the phone you use does not go to church nor pay tithe

Keep quiet there! Blame the government for that
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by intergral(m): 12:45am On Nov 20, 2018
orukonla:
so the bible that said it should be giving to God by paying it in church is stupid
you must have a very poor and greedy God..
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

Stupid response. Oya go and march to your pastor and ask him " pastor, what are you doing with all the tithes we have been paying "? People like you just pop up and talk from their anus.

You dont see it in church. The church is not a political office where you think you can act like soldiers. Maybe your pastor makes announcement every Sunday to give u breakdown of where the money is going to.

Is this your answer

Don't tell me you took your time to write this nonsense
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 2:01am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

I can agree with you, why? All these pastors buying jets up and down are the cause.

But it's not your job to judge them, is it?

Noooooo

Lemme continue paying tithes so they can further the word if God by buying more private jets
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

You see? Go and do your research very well. The priests are the Levite's of today. I don't mean your pastors in all those palour churches o, or those mountain of fire pastors

they aren't levites

Levites belonged to a particular tribe

According to Christianity, every born again Christian is a pastor cause we are meant to preach the word
If that's the case

Should we pay tithes ti ourselves

Most people that think they are Christians are actually practicing Judaism

Ask all this pastors ti give you proof in the New Testament where tithing was supported

It's just an excuse to collect money
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

You see? Go and do your research very well. The priests are the Levite's of today. I don't mean your pastors in all those palour churches o, or those mountain of fire pastors

they aren't levites

Levites belonged to a particular tribe

According to Christianity, every born again Christian is a pastor cause we are meant to preach the word
If that's the case

Should we pay tithes ti ourselves

Most people that think they are Christians are actually practicing Judaism

Ask all this pastors ti give you proof in the New Testament where tithing was supported
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by ddeola: 2:56am On Nov 20, 2018
We don hear undecided undecided undecided
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by clemmonce(m): 4:30am On Nov 20, 2018
FoderKingthanos:
If you call yourself a Christian and you still rely on your pastor to pray, you're deceiving yourself

Once you are born again, you don't need any dirty pastor to pray for you

Chai something so simple

I wonder what they teach yo people in church

I wonder how many if you have actually read the Bible
no body says you cant pray by yourself, that is one of the reason Jesus came to die. If so much believe in Jesus as you claim then you should obey His commandments.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by artofseduction: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?

This is the most powerful conviction i hv ever seen.

An with you 101% .

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by ymstar(m): 7:05am On Nov 20, 2018
naijjaman:

God bless you too. Thank God I am able to assist you today.
I picked you and another Nairalander today because I believe both of you.

So sorry I am unable to assist countless others who reached out to me. Please keep your hopes alive.

Nairaland Rocks cheesy

naijjaman pls, assist me sir, i'm not like this but it's unfortunate 4 me dat things are not just working out, pls. pls anything
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2018
kernel001:

Pastors have replaced Levites. I'm not a Pastor, I don't support them to have all the tithes, but it should be shared among Pastor, Fatherless, strangers and widows.

I concur. Some Churches are now heavily into charity, schoolarship etc The other time, Salvation ministries GO built and donated homes foe the elderly. Knowing those churches distributes the money towards those others is good so one knows that tithes and donations payed their can get across to the others like the Bible instructed.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

Do you have 24hours power supply in your church?
How does that relate to question i asked? And you are yet to anwser my question. Is ok members build church the pastor claims while the pastors buy/builds private things with cobtribution by members that the members can't claim?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?
On the contrary, the bible actually instructed the people of Israel to give their tithe to the needy!
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2018
truthstands20:
What you are doing is completely wrong. God said in Malachi chapter 3 that you should pay your tithe to God and not as aid to the needy. Just bear in mind you are not paying tithe and hence robbing God according to the scripture. You give arms to the needy from your remaining 90% not Gods 10%.
So I guess it was a different God that also instructed the people of Israel in Deuteronomy 14:22-29 right?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2018
clemmonce:
Let me ask you some simple question
1. When you need to hear to word of God where do you go ?? The needy or your church ??
2. When you need prayers where do you go to
3. What if you come to church one day and you were told there is no sit and you need to sit on the floor or you find the church flooded what will you do ??
4. What if you come to church one day and you could hardly hear the pastor because the microphone is bad.
Here is the truth , if you want to help the needy help them , dont use Peter to pay Paul...

So pastors know these can happen yet they rather buy and build private costly things than use peoples donation/money to ensure the things you listed dont happen?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by PastorDannie(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2018
FoderKingthanos:

And what does the church use it for?
If u hav been a committed member of a real church ,u will know that the church undertake different forms of outreaches and kindom advancement programs. U will also know that the church runs on budgets which would be executed with money.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:
How does that relate to question i asked? And you are yet to anwser my question. Is ok members build church the pastor claims while the pastors buy/builds private things with cobtribution by members that the members can't claim?

I never supported pastors who buy jets with their members money.

Church has to run generator remember? Money goes into that too
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
If u hav been a committed member of a real church ,u will know that the church undertake different forms of outreaches and kindom advancement programs. U will also know that the church runs on budgets which would be executed with money.

Good to see more churches
PastorDannie:
Good to notice that more churches especially the already established ones, are becoming more socially responsible like Christ did but if those pastors dedicate contributions to church budgets and not to their enomous costly private projects, will the church budget not be met without overtly burdening the people in an already messed up economy?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

If every one of the congregation decides to give their tithes to the beggars in the community, how do you take care of the following?

1. maintenance of the church
2. payment of workers in the church
3. payment of bills

Meanwhile my focus is not on this so-called new generational churches, so you don't look at my view in a different perspective. And to answer your question, church is not the building. The congregations are the church, but we are talking about the building and infrastructures.
What you have outlined can be done by simple donations and contributions!
This was done by the early believers who made contributions and donations to cater for the body of Christ!
No need to offer half truths to the congregation by telling them they can't give their "tithe" to the poor and needy just to ensure all the tithes are brought to the church!
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by olaeffect(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

Good one.
Come to even think of it; it is the tithe of other people that is even being used to run that church that you are still attending and refusing to pay tithes.

Like i always say; giving to the poor and paying tithes are two different things.
Tithe is only 10% of your increase/net profit (i.e no increase/net-profit no tithe riquired).
Giving to the poor has no percentage, Jesus even advised the young-rich-man to sell all he has give to the "poor" 100% and come follow Him grin
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2018
LeonOgu:
Giving your tithes to the poor is a misplaced priority. Do not be crafty in things of God, your tithes belong to the church no the poor and that you pay your tithe doesn't stop you from helping the poor. Greedy is unarguably the root cause of tithes controversy. I don't care if it's old or New Testament, just that the word of God can not broken.
That's not true bro!
The instructions from God in the "old testament" clearly states that the tithe should go to the poor and needy!
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Deuteronomy 12:11-15
Deuteronomy 26
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by PastorDannie(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:

Good to see more churches
Good to notice that more churches especially the already established ones, are becoming more socially responsible like Christ did but if those pastors dedicate contributions to church budgets and not to their enomous costly private projects, will the church budget not be met without overtly burdening the people in an already messed up economy?
i'm not denying d fact that tithe is being abused(i am a pastor too). But many churches are engaging in social responsibility projects. The church wouldn't go to the govt for finance,ok.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

I never supported pastors who buy jets with their members money.

Church has to run generator remember? Money goes into that too

The members of the church should hold the leaders responsible to channel available money into running the church than into personal projects instead of running themselves ragged overtly bearing financial burdens of running the church while the leaders flex on their dime.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by PastorDannie(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2018
openmine:

What you have outlined can be done by simple donations and contributions!
This was done by the early believers who made contributions and donations to cater for the body of Christ!
No need to offer half truths to the congregation by telling them they can't give their "tithe" to the poor and needy just to ensure all the tithes are brought to the church!
Sir,tithe is not the same as alms giving. The bible is clear on this. And besides, no genuine pastor would force u to pay tithe(it is a matter of choice). The bible outlined blessings for paying tithe(not as if there are no blessings for alms giving). Tithing is a covenant with God(u cant be forced into it o). If u choose not to tithe,its fine. But,dont mistake tith for alms.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
Tithe is meant to be paid in the house of God. It is meant for church use. Giving to the poor and needy is very important but what ever u give to the poor is not called 'TITHE'. Lets stop this self deciet.
Pastor Dannie that is not true!
if you even go by the scriptures based on the old covenant, it clearly states that the needy and poor are part of those who the people of Israel were to give their tithes.....
Deuteronomy 14:22-29,Deuteronomy 12:11-15,Deuteronomy 26

If you even say we no longer use the old convent,I can offer scriptures which explicitly shows that the poor and needy are the most important people believers are meant to assist!
The very first believers in acts of the apostles factored in the poor and needy when they made generous contributions by selling most of their lands!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Praiz Has Been Released From Police Custody / Bambam Slays In Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos) / Peter Okoye, Dangote And Elumelu In A Lovely Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.