Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,421 members, 7,850,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (28138 Views)

Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze: I'm paying my tithes and is still working for me / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eglobalma: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
so the bible that said it should be giving to God by paying it in church is stupid

Not stupid they are thieves
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by lahp(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?

the Bible ain't against helping the needy
it says If u can't love ur bro u are seeing u can't love God u ain't seeing
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

True. But how can you attend service without contributing to the growth of the building where you are worshipping?

So pastor will use his own money to build and buy private things, members go use their own build Church for pastor to claim. The other donations are for what because I know they do building offering.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
kolaaderin:

Read your Bible in and out, where is it stated in the Bible
Hebrew 7:7 And without all contradictions, the less is blessed of the better.
Given to the poor is good but it is totally different from tithing.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by ymstar(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?

Mr. pls for God sake assist me financially, pls I'm going through a lot, it is inexplicable, just pls I beg u with God and if u don't want 2 do dat for me pls any work is welcome for I'm hardworking, right now I'm working in a small school but things are not just working out,Pls bros
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by koolaid87: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
Bless up Brother.

And they have the best auditorium.

Scammers in suits

naijjaman:

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Hassan88(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

God bless your Sir.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by koolaid87: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=Edgarated post=73114351]I'm tired of this tithe issue stuff.
if you are tithing, continue.
if you are not tithing, hmm...,
if you are tithing to church continue.
If you feel tithing to church is not cool but rather using the money to help the needy..hmmm...
The bible made it clear...Malachi 3:10

--------------
If you're tithing to the poor, continue

If you're not, hmmmm

The bible made it clear....Mathew 25
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Ken4Christ: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Pay your tithe to your local church where you receive spiritual nourishment and guidance. Anyone who does otherwise is void of spiritual understanding and will never be permanently lifted up. Besides, it will cut short your life. Be warned.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by MrayNgozi(f): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by koolaid87: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
How can a man of God says

"if you dont tithe, things will be tight for you"

"If you don't tithe, you're going to hell"

"They just want to kill You" if you refuse to pay tithe

Using these kinds of rhetoric is Evil. These are nothing but charades of deceit and chicanery, designed only to exploit our people's resources.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
See the kind of stupid mentality people have

"what the church does with the money is none of your bussiness"

I'm dumbfounded right now

See how deep people have been brainwashed

I'm sure you're one of those people that if a pastor tells you to go and plant bomb you won't even think twice
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
Fucking Old Testament again

Why don't you bring burnt sacrifices and give the pastor too na

Nonsense
Paradigm777:

New Living Translation Deut. 12:11
you must bring everything I command you--your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, your sacred offerings, and your offerings to fulfill a vow--to the designated place of worship, the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
Pastors are now God abi

Tf?
truthstands20:
What you are doing is completely wrong. God said in Malachi chapter 3 that you should pay your tithe to God and not as aid to the needy. Just bear in mind you are not paying tithe and hence robbing God according to the scripture. You give arms to the needy from your remaining 90% not Gods 10%.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
why are paying workers in the church??

Is it not God they are working for?

What happened to offering, Sunday school offering, Thanksgiving offering, sowing seeds etc
You're acting as if tithes are the only ways churches extort money

Even upon all these when they want to start a church project they'll still ask members to contribute money again

Be honest with yourself
90% of all tithes, offerings go into the pastors' AMD other workers' pockets

They are rarely used for church projects and maintenance
Eberex:

If every one of the congregation decides to give their tithes to the beggars in the community, how do you take care of the following?

1. maintenance of the church
2. payment of workers in the church
3. payment of bills

Meanwhile my focus is not on this so-called new generational churches, so you don't look at my view in a different perspective. And to answer your question, church is not the building. The congregations are the church, but we are talking about the building and infrastructures.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank you

All these pastors only use Old Testament when it favours them (mostly in tithes etc)

They are forgetting we are practicing Christianity not Judaism

The worst part is the ignorance of their followers

I mean it's just r.etarded
ollah2:

But when Deuteronomy 13:6-10 which says
“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery" is quoted, you scream it's old testament.

The hypocrisy in you guys is top notch
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Edgarated(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=koolaid87 post=73122303][/quote]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
PastorDannie:
Tithe is meant to be paid in the house of God. It is meant for church use. Giving to the poor and needy is very important but what ever u give to the poor is not called 'TITHE'. Lets stop this self deciet.

And what does the church use it for?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

What the church does with the tithe money is your concern if you join the church council, which i would advise you do. You cannot be a member of the congregation and want to know how it is used.

why not?

Is it not their money?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
princfred:
Are the Pastors now even Levites?

Pastors have replaced Levites. I'm not a Pastor, I don't support them to have all the tithes, but it should be shared among Pastor, Fatherless, strangers and widows.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Someone that actually understand what Christianity entails

It's so sad that most people carrying the Christian title on their head up and down dont know Jack shit aside from what their pastors tell them, and most pastors are only out for the money

It's sad sha

coolcentbigman:
I give as my spirit leads some churches will even go to the extent of telling you without paying your tithes you won't make heaven but if you ask them to explain further they quote the old testaments but never emphasize on the new testaments.
Please am not against the issue of tithes.

Why do you give to the church do you give because people say so my dear you are just giving for Nothing?

When Jesus came he put an end to most the law, he also spoke abt the old widow and the rich men seed telling us the widow gave from her lack but the rich gave from their abundance.

Somewhat I'm saying in excess is what's your purpose of giving to God, is it to Impress people or Honestly sacrifice something to God. Your offering must not be money it can be leaving all your bad characters or what you value most.
What does your Spirit tell you, remember Christ didn't leave us alone he gave us the minister/adviser our inner man follow his instructions.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
balanceofterror1:

I am yet to see a Christian that becomes richer by not paying his tithe or become poor for paying his tithe.

Look around you ; the evidence is quite clear
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
If you call yourself a Christian and you still rely on your pastor to pray, you're deceiving yourself

Once you are born again, you don't need any dirty pastor to pray for you

Chai something so simple

I wonder what they teach yo people in church

I wonder how many if you have actually read the Bible
clemmonce:
Let me ask you some simple question
1. When you need to hear to word of God where do you go ?? The needy or your church ??
2. When you need prayers where do you go to
3. What if you come to church one day and you were told there is no sit and you need to sit on the floor or you find the church flooded what will you do ??
4. What if you come to church one day and you could hardly hear the pastor because the microphone is bad.
Here is the truth , if you want to help the needy help them , dont use Peter to pay Paul...

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donnie(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
That's how they start, after we will see FP thread asking the public to assist with money for kidney transplant. Who cares about your money...how much you get sef?

1 Share

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

who are the Levites of our days?

Levites dont exist is our day
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Platony(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Am tellin u!!

I jst dnt knw why, i hardly pay tithes in church, evn offering, na once once. I always feel beta wen i gv it to pple in need, evn my frnds.

Most of d things i see in church baffles me & is nt encouraging at all. U ar encouragin me to pay my tithes wen i knw u drive expensive cars, clothes, wrist watches, shoes e.t.c. Evn run packages wit female members!! Tithe Fire!!!!

E don even tey sef wey i go church last.

SALVATION IS PERSONAL.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

r2bees I have contacted you. Respond or provide your email or whatsapp # Take care
God
bless u sir. Your pocket will never run dry. I just
learnt a lesson from u. thanks 4 that too.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Uzzih: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
If that is your own revelation of what tithe means go a head, but my revelation of tithe is that it will be paid in church,
for the propagation of the gospel , whether the pastor choppam or not that is his business, it is my demonstration of my gratefulness to God.
Other charity given will also be going on.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by naijjaman(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
R2bees:
God
bless u sir. Your pocket will never run dry. I just
learnt a lesson from u. thanks 4 that too.

God bless you too. Thank God I am able to assist you today.
I picked you and another Nairalander today because I believe both of you.

So sorry I am unable to assist countless others who reached out to me. Please keep your hopes alive.

Nairaland Rocks cheesy

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
FoderKingthanos:

You see? Go and do your research very well. The priests are the Levite's of today. I don't mean your pastors in all those palour churches o, or those mountain of fire pastors
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
FoderKingthanos:

You see? Go and do your research very well. The priests are the Levite's of today. I don't mean your pastors in all those palour churches o, or those mountain of fire pastors
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2018
FoderKingthanos:

why not?

Is it not their money?

Hahahahaha.....shey u are paying tax. Oya go to the government house and ask them to show you how it is being spent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Praiz Has Been Released From Police Custody / Bambam Slays In Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos) / Peter Okoye, Dangote And Elumelu In A Lovely Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.