Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (34668 Views)

Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Has Anyone Heard A Word From Dame Patience Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by fred4alabi(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
Not only is her English poor but also her bad pronunciation and warri accent. i am strictly not against anyone speaking their local dialect of broken English, just lets know when its play or mistake. let her henceforth address the public in her local dialect, as for me, she is not a matter of concern, she does'nt have my mandate or vote.

let any first lady of anything blab about, they donut matter, they are just singing birds. first lady office should be banned or removed
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by segunsim: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2010
jokes apart guys,if speaking good english is a problem then governing to her should be a problem too.frankly speaking, she cannot continue to dent our international reputation all in the name of second language.i think if she will act humbly she should go for a tutorial and within months she will be okay!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2010
agabaI23:

So if GEJ tells you that he typed 'runned' , 'any progressive leader who dont' and 'T[b]his the position of the vice president inferior by any standard? if not in only the grammatical expression of a Phd holder[/b]?' in error will you not be hyperventilating?

No you will be here slagging him off.Accepting what? Do you work with basket mouth?

Gooferian!!!!!!

''Runned'' --- - - - - -Satire

''any progressive leader who dont'' . . . . . . .Keyboard

All intentionally geared towards exposing the ill gotten Phd certificate by Uncle Joe. If only you can comprehend the motive(S)

fyneguy:

^^^^^Keyboard error for RUNNED?

Please I will like to buy your keyboard. I can push it into the guiness book of records and earn some $$ grin

Guys like you will always end on the ''other side!''
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2010
chosen04:

Gooferian!!!!!!

''Runned'' --- - - - - -Satire

''any progressive leader who dont'' . . . . . . .Keyboard

All intentionally geared towards exposing the ill gotten Phd certificate by Uncle Joe. If only you can comprehend the motive(S)

Guys like you will always end on the ''other side!''

How can it be satire when all you were talking about was how the use of superior and inferior was wrong?

Your perceived mistake was not tense related so why use tense related satire?

And no I have already comprehended your bullet. There is no motive behind the use of 'don't' to refer to a singular subject . You simply released a bullet without knowing it. This is pardonable because you are not a native speaker. if you point out my mistake, I will simply thank you. Reason, I am not English.

But if I fail to understand an Igbo proverb, I will be ashamed! grin grin grin

Accept that you made a mistake and swallow your pride. Stop arguing rubbish, it diminishes you the more.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
agabaI23:

How can it be satire when all you were talking about was how the use of superior and inferior was wrong?

Wrong!

I paraphased his responses to the question satirically. How can he comprehend?

agabaI23:

Your perceived mistake was not tense related so why use tense related satire?

Little minds may never be able to comprehend. It takes one with a large minded inner reasoning.

agabaI23:

And no I have already comprehended your bullet. There is no motive behind the use of 'don't' to refer to a singular subject . You simply released a bullet without knowing it. This is pardonable because you are not a native speaker. if you point out my mistake, I will simply thank you. Reason, I am not English.

Typical naija gooferian!!!

You comphrended my bullet? Yet you cannot comphrend the numerous bullets of a Phd holder? or speak out against his continous bulleting? I fear your little mind set!!!

agabaI23:

But if I fail to understand an Igbo proverb, I will be ashamed! grin grin grin

I can now understand the reason(s) behinde your little mind set!

agabaI23:

Accept that you made a mistake and swallow your pride. Stop arguing rubbish, it diminishes you the more.

I should accept i made a personally motivated mistake(S) to drive home a point? . . . . . .And the Phd certicate holding uncle Joe and his Dame madam should be congrat'ted for bulleting home and abroad?
Hope you still have control over your mind?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by isimili: 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2010
Although my grammar depending on my mood sometimes require serious brushing up, I am all for clarity of language and agree that these first ladies must do more to brush up their language when expressing their views and representing us in their official capacities. Can you imagine some of them having a meeting with Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton or Condolezza Rice? The Americans may go home thinking that we are all academic inadequates.

Turai was a complete disaster.

Okija juju my dear brother i like you well well. You just say things as they are.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . . .Comedian of the Federal Republic

And you didnt bother to put uncle Joe and aunty Dame's grammer in your checker? Hope its not cos they are both from Niger Delta?

I'm glad to have provided some comedy to lighten your day. I will "RUNNED" from Niger Delta to marry you in Guatemalan Biafra. grin grin grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by bowei(m): 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
Yeah first Ladies office should be removed!!
Dame clearly surpass manly in money laundry but need English and civilization classes classes,
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

Wrong!

I paraphased his responses to the question satirically. How can he comprehend?

Little minds may never be able to comprehend. It takes one with a large minded inner reasoning.

Typical naija gooferian!!!

You comphrended my bullet? Yet you cannot comphrend the numerous bullets of a Phd holder? or speak out  against his continous bulleting?  I fear your little mind set!!!

I can now understand the reason(s) behinde your little mind set!

I should accept i made a personally motivated mistake(S) to drive home a point?  . . . . . .And the Phd certicate holding uncle Joe and his Dame madam should be congrat'ted for bulleting home and abroad? 
Hope you still have control over your mind?

E yaa!  There is no point arguing with you because your pride won't let you see beyond your nose.

Your grammar is pathetic so you have no business commenting on GEJ's grammar. If you can make this kind of unpardonable mistakes from the comfort of your room, then only God knows what you will do if you are exposed to the pressure of the media. You can even say 'comed' and term it satire. I na-agwa onye ogbi.

A na-esi n'ulo ama mma aputa iro.
bowei:

Yeah first Ladies office should be removed!!
Dame clearly surpass manly in money laundry but need English and civilization classes classes,
Wetin be that?

See this one. Chei! Wahala dey!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:45am On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

You have no business commenting on GEJ's grammar.

. . . . . .But i thought uncle JOE is a Phd holder and a former lecturer . . . . . . .Bullet lecturing INDEED!

agabaI23:

Your grammar is pathetic

I chosed to ignore your bulleting cos yours is pardonable, afterall you are not a Phd holder in Zooerrorogy! are you?

agabaI23:

E yaa!  There is no point arguing with you because your pride won't let you see beyond your nose.

You are just little minded without inner reasoning ability. . . . . .

agabaI23:

. If you can make this kind of unpardonable mistakes from the comfort of your room

Did you mean from the comfort of uncle Joe's my ILL GOTTEN Phd cert?

agabaI23:

then only God knows what you will do if you are exposed to the pressure of the media. 

The pressure will only expose any degree that i claim to have that is ill gotten if i cant ''handle it''

agabaI23:

. I na-agwa onye ogbi.

A na-esi n'ulo ama mma aputa iro. Wetin be that?

. . . . . .ISI KOTE EBU . . . . . .ISI JOE KOTE RI EBU

agabaI23:

See this one. Chei! Wahala dey!

He or she must be copying uncle JOE and aunty DAME
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by An0nimus: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2010
Lets be sincere,all here directly or indirectly giving the 1st Lady a pat on the back for atleast communicating in 'our english',will you not even in the slightest way feel embarrassed if she were to do same at an international conference?
Nigerians enjoy taking things for granted-maybe it's the system,that i do not know.
Honestly,would she be laughed at or stripped off of her 'status' if she spoke better english and/or was more articulate?What will it cost her anyway-nothing at all.maybe a Tutor,an I-pod with audio books and a little passion.
PS:i'm not saying i'm better off(i enjoy pidgin more) but atleast i'm not a public figure or one at the very top like in this case.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . . .But i thought uncle JOE is a Phd holder and a former lecturer . . . . . . .Bullet lecturing INDEED!

I choosed [/b]to ignore your bulleting cos yours is pardonable, afterall you are not a [b]Phd holder in Zooerrorogy! are you?

The pressure will only expose any degree that i claim to have that is ill gotten if i cant ''handle it''

Is this another keyboard error or keyboard satire? grin grin grin grin Ihere a na-emekwa gi? You dey shame at all?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2010
Beaf:

I'm glad to have provided some comedy to lighten your day. I will "RUNNED" from Niger Delta to marry you in Guatemalan Biafra. grin grin grin

. . . . .Yes, thats why the constitution of the family is such that in any given times they are two persons inCHARGE ''IN RUNNED'', one (the wife - - - - -Dame patience) superior and the other (the husband - - - -uncle Joe) inferior.

OR
. . . .Yes, thats why the constitution of the family is such that in any given times they are two persons inCHARGE ''IN RUNNED'', one (the wife - - - - -CHOSEN04) superior and the other (the husband - - - -uncle BEAF) inferior

FIRST FAMILY INDEED!!!!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

Is this another keyboard error or keyboard satire? grin grin grin grin Ihere a na-emekwa gi? You dey shame at all?

. . . . .Another question from little minded fellow who has lost the ability to reason?. . . . . . . . .

I will be stupid to respond to a ''lost soul'' like you again . . .bye
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . .Another question from little minded fellow who has lost the ability to reason?. . . . . . . . .

I will be silly to respond to a ''lost soul'' like you again . . .bye
Wow that will be very nice. At least I won't have to see 'runned, choosed' directed at me. grin grin grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2010
She should should go to harvard university and '' CARRY '' a professor to teach her spoken engrrish.wtf
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

Wow that will be very nice. At least I won't have to see 'runned, choosed' directeded at me. grin grin grin

. . . . . . .And what do you call the bolded?. . .

If only you have a mind large enough to understand . . . . .
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . . . .And what do you call the bolded?. . .

If only you have a mind large enough to understand . . . . .
Are you that silly?

So you can modify my post and use it tom accuse me? Have you forgotten that that my original post is still there? Do not forget that the moderator or the administrator can tell if a post was modified or not.

You have been looking for an error and now you create one for me. Na wa for you.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Moderator
Please tell Chosen04 to remove the modification in my post abeg.

I did not write 'directeded'. I could make such a mistake but I did not do that in this case.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

Are you that silly?

You have been looking for an error and now you create one for me. Na wa for you.

You must have corrected the original post.

Can you see! when i said you are little minded and lack inner reasoning to comprehend all i have been saying you thought i was kiding abi?

agabaI23:

So you can modify my post and use it tom accuse me? Have you forgotten that that my original post is still there? Do not forget that the moderator or the administrator can tell if a post was modified or not.

Did you also not modify the ''choosed'' word in my post?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

@Moderator
Please tell Chosen04 to remove the modification in my post abeg.

I did not write 'directeded'. I could make such a mistake but I did not do that in this case.

Stop crying foul, its only a spelling Zooerrorogy and not speaking/speech bullet like your mentor uncle JOE.

If your mentor can use inferior to classify his exalted position, i as well understand why you will use ''At least I won't have to see 'runned, choosed' directeded at me''

Pathetic defender of a bulleting ill gotten Phd holder.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

I chosed [/b]to ignore your bulleting cos yours is pardonable, afterall you are not a [b]Phd holder in Zooerrorogy! are you?

You just tried to change it and you still got it wrong lol. If it was like this, I would not need to modify it.

Just give up.

Let me give you the right word to use there : You would have said, 'I chose to' and not I choosed or chosed'. Haba ogbu gi na-esi isi.
Nairaland  come and see. She wanted to correct her mistake and made it worse. Hmmm, more reasons why you should leave GEJ alone. You are worse than he is. grin grin grin

From frying pan to fire. grin Oya go and correct it in your Original post grin grin grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

Stop crying foul, its only a spelling Zooerrorogy and not speaking/speech bullet like your mentor uncle JOE.

If your mentor can use inferior to classify his exalted position, i as well understand why you will use ''At least I won't have to see 'runned, choosed' directeded at me''

Pathetic defender of a bulleting ill gotten Phd holder.
I can't stop laughing. lol lol
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

You must have corrected the original post.

Can you see! when i said you are little minded and lack inner reasoning to comprehend all i have been saying you thought i was kiding abi?

Did you also not modify the ''choosed'' word in my post?

By this you have accepted that you modified my post. cool! grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

Are you that silly?

The bolded can only come from a gooferian and dafterian like agaba123 . . . . .

No wonder he keeps defending his cohorts
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

By this you have accepted that you modified my post. cool! grin

How can a question asked in a ''negative'' style of writing mean acceptance? . . . . . . . .Pls u still need to up-grade your 'use of english' comprehending ability!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

I can't stop laughing. lol lol

The laughter of a loser, i guess?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2010
chosen04:

The bolded can only come from a gooferian and dafterian like agaba123 . . . . .

No wonder he keeps defending his cohorts
That is my mistake and I accept it. Could you please accept your numerous blunders and then leave GEJ alone?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
agabaI23:

That is my mistake and I accept it. Could you please accept your numerous blunders.

Its only a little minded fellow like you who will call a 'style of writing' he can not comprehrend as blunder.

agabaI23:

And then leave GEJ alone?

For crying out! uncle JOE is a ill gotten Phd holder as well as a former lecturer . . . . . . .Thus, he has to explain how he ''obtained'' his Phd degree in Zooerrorogy.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by shilling(f): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2010
LMAO @ "It is not easy to carry second" . . . whaaaat?!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Theblessed(f): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2010
[b]Are people still going on, on this woman's blunder  But, she is not a Head of State, is she? So, what's the heck?

Even Margaret Thatcher in her days as British Prime Minister made an un-forgiveable blunder
when she was announcing the birth of her first grand child to the World Press in 1988 or so she said, "We are a grandmother". How about that from a Head of State? I now challenge you trouble makers to check that one out and see whether she was strangled for it maybe, this your childish attitudes will end now.

It doesn't matter all, what's important is, communicating meaning to the the receiver - and the world understood her so, you all can go now and chill.  After all, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, David Cameron and their wives can not speak any Nigerian language, yes? So, what makes you think English language is 'Heaven' and your language isn't? 

The obvious reason is, Nigerians are still suffering from inferiority complex.  Everything Oyibo is better in fact, the Tokumbo effect/complex is still with us, sorio o o o o o  o o o o o! Some even claimed English language is almost Nigerian first tongue, really? Because, we were colonised by the British and we use the language in our schools, that made us English, is it? After all, is Nigeria the only Country colonised by the British

Well, let me inform you all, there are further 46 Countries or more the British colonised who do not speak or use English the way our sister even tried - people from those countries are even worse! India, Pakistan, Malaysia etc don't even try therefore, let's move on because it is not important!
[/b]
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by zoraro(m): 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2010
While not defending the First Lady for her inability to speak English correctly (I have not actually seen Her speaking). I think it's high time we have a Nigerian English Language the way there is American English, Australian English, Canadian English etc. We can never be as good or better than the English at speaking English Language. All this countries know this and that is why they have adapted the Language to their local conditions. It will bring other benefits too (Like has been suggested by some people in this tread).

@chosen04, the President has a PhD in Zoology not English Language so stop questioning the genuineness of his certificate. As has been pointed out to you, it is grammatically correct for him to refer to his former position of Vice President as been inferior to the higher position of President.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Civil Defence Officer Caught Stealing In Rivers State (Photos) / Kayode Ogundamisi Reacts To Obasanjos's Letter To President Buhari / Tinubu Wanted To Be Vice-President To Atiku – Bucknor-Akerele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.