Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (34645 Views)

Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Has Anyone Heard A Word From Dame Patience Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
oyb:

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/books/845/idiamin.htm

Memorable Speeches of Idi Amin

When the Queen later asked the journalists present what on earth Amin had said, they replied that it was in a language similar to English, but that was all they could say.

I can forgive IDI AMIN but not Patience Badluck Jonathan. I have never seen anything that women can do well apart from laundering money and taking undeserved honour.

Her Husband, the president is ever worst than she is when it comes to public speaking. . . . . . .

Imagine Jonathan saying on CNN "Thats why govt is runned by 2 persons, 1 superior and the other inferior''
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

Imagine Jonathan saying on CNN "Thats why govt is runned by 2 persons, 1 superior and the other inferior''

please please please tell me you're lying please cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

don't tell me our learned professor is taboning like a bus conductor
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
oyb:

please please please tell me you're lying please cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

don't tell me our learned professor is taboning like a bus conductor

Just google the last interview he granted CNN by Christiana Am'pour. A Phd holder for that matter oooooooo
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by DisGuy: 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

I can forgive IDI AMIN but not Patience Badluck Jonathan. I have never seen anything that women can do well apart from laundering money and taking undeserved honour.

Her Husband, the president is ever worst than she is when it comes to public speaking. . . . . . .

Yeaaaaaaaaaaparikpa, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2010
=============================================================================
AMANPOUR:
So if he can receive religious leaders, why can he not receive at least the acting president who’s acting in his name?

JONATHAN:
Well, religious leaders are there for (inaudible) blessings. Probably that is why they asked the religious leaders to go and pray for him. We are a very, very religious society.

AMANPOUR:
Do you believe that those around him are trying to undermine you or your new cabinet?

JONATHAN:
I wouldn’t say they are trying to undermine me, because the laws of the land are very clear. And, of course, that is why in the first place constitution is designed for two people to be in charge of government at every time, one superior and one inferior.
==========================================================================
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by yemikush: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
oooo
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

Culled from Jonathan's interview on CNN, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-430828.0.html
=============================================================================
AMANPOUR:
So if he can receive religious leaders, why can he not receive at least the acting president who’s acting in his name?

JONATHAN:
Well, religious leaders are there for (inaudible) blessings. Probably that is why they asked the religious leaders to go and pray for him. We are a very, very religious society.

AMANPOUR:
Do you believe that those around him are trying to undermine you or your new cabinet?

JONATHAN:
I wouldn’t say they are trying to undermine me, because the laws of the land are very clear. And, of course, that is why in the first place constitution is designed for two people to be in charge of government at every time, one superior and one inferior.
==========================================================================

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
http://www.republicreport.com/cnns-christiane-amanpour-interviews-nigeria-acting-president-goodluck-jonathan

AMANPOUR:
Thank you very much, indeed, for joining us on this program.
JONATHAN:
Thank you for finding time to discuss with me.
AMANPOUR:
Can I ask you first what an extraordinary name? How did “Goodluck” come to be your name?
JONATHAN:
I don’t know. I have to ask my father.
AMANPOUR:
Have you had good luck? And do you think you’ll need more than good luck to face down the incredible array of challenges that’s on your plate?
JONATHAN:
Well, the issue of good luck, I don’t really believe that the good luck an issue. But at the present, I’ve been facing a lot of challenges. What some people will attribute to good luck could have been disastrous under some circumstances.
AMANPOUR:
Well, let me ask you this. You are now acting president, because the president, Mr. Yar’Adua, is unwell.
JONATHAN:
Yes.
AMANPOUR:
Have you seen him since he has come back from his medical absence in Saudi Arabia?
JONATHAN:
No, I have not seen him.
AMANPOUR:
Why not?
JONATHAN:
The thinking of the family is that they should isolate him from most of the key actors in government. I have not seen him. The Senate president has not seen him …and at every single government function, I have not seen him.
AMANPOUR:
Doesn’t that cause anxiety amongst the people?
JONATHAN:
Yes, it does. It does. Obviously, it does, but we cannot influence his family’s thinking.
AMANPOUR:
Would you prefer that the family allowed you to visit him?
JONATHAN:
Yes, of course. But I will not want to force.
AMANPOUR:
What is his actual state of health? This also is a mystery.
JONATHAN:
I can’t say exactly. Only the medical doctors can.
AMANPOUR:
Have they told you?
JONATHAN:
No, they haven’t.
AMANPOUR:
Have they made any public statements?
JONATHAN:
Not quite. Not now. At the beginning, yes, but (Someone’s name – unclear) left for Saudi Arabia, I think in the second week or so, within the first week, we are told that acute pericarditis. After that, no other statement has been issued.
AMANPOUR:
JONATHAN:
AMANPOUR:
JONATHAN:
AMANPOUR:
Do you think he will ever come back to government?
JONATHAN:
I can’t say that. It’s difficult for any of us as mortals to say so.
AMANPOUR:
So you are now acting president, and you have essentially a year, because elections will be held this time 2011.
JONATHAN:
Yes.
AMANPOUR:
What is your most pressing issue?
JONATHAN:
The most pressing issue for Nigerian now, in terms of basic infrastructure, is power.
AMANPOUR:
You mean electricity?
JONATHAN:
Electricity. Outside that, what is central to the minds of Nigerians now is an election that their votes will count, free and fair elections because we’ve been accused of as a country that our elections somehow are questioned. And I promise Nigerians that they will surely get that and I’ve done some experiments.
The next thing that Nigerians worry about is issues of corruption. You know we’ve been accused of as people who are in a privileged position in government amassing wealth at the expense of society. So they expect us to take these two issues seriously.
AMANPOUR:
So what can you do to take those issues seriously?
Obviously, the issue of good governance, of free elections, free of corruption is central, and you heard the United States has also said just now that you must remove the head of the election commission, Maurice Iwu. Will you do that?
JONATHAN:
You see, the issue of the – the electoral body – in fact, I even told the audience I addressed this morning, the issue is whether the present electoral body can conduct free and fair election or not. And I told them that, yes, they can, because I have done it with the same people.
On issue of the people at INEC, I told them that, look, between now and ending of June, most of the officials at the national level – they’re called commissioners – their tenure will end, and we’re going to review them on individual merit.
Within this period that I have been acting president, I have conducted three elections. They are conducted by INEC and it was free and fair. Only on Saturday, we conducted local council elections in the federal capital territory and all the information is that, apart from one or two that had some few discrepancies, they have been very peaceful, very credible… So that is the issue. So the issue is beyond one person.
AMANPOUR:
But let me just ask you…
JONATHAN:
I’m not defending the chairman.
AMANPOUR:
Do you think he will stay or will he be removed?
JONATHAN:
All of them we’ll review. And any one of them that we feel is not competent definitely, .
AMANPOUR:
Do you feel that Mr. Iwu is competent?
JONATHAN:
(Laughs) No, no, no, no. I know that this question continues to come up.
What I’ve said is… the issue is beyond Mr. Iwu.
AMANPOUR:
I know. But I’m specifically talking about him, because it’s come up in your meetings with U.S. officials.
JONATHAN:
Yes, I agree that within the period that is (inaudible) there are quite a number of controversies. I agree. There are quite a number of concerns. There are quite a number of controversies. So I know what I’m telling you; that this very Iwu, I’m not trying to argue for him. The Iwu we are talking about has conducted free elections these past three elections that I’ve made reference to that are credible.
So the issue is beyond Iwu because we must set up an electoral system and our regulations and laws that will make sure that anybody who is appointed to that office should be able to conduct acceptable elections. And that is my focus.
AMANPOUR:
OK. Will you run in 2011? Will you present yourself as a presidential candidate?
JONATHAN:
For now, I don’t want to think about it, because the circumstances that – the circumstances of the day are quite worrisome.
I came in as the vice president to run with President Yar’Adua, of course, getting close to period of election, he took ill. And I have to take over under somewhat controversial circumstances. Only last week, I reconsidered the cabinet. So let us see how Nigeria will move forward first. I had a similar experience when I was governor of my state.
I said, nobody should ask me whether I will contest election or not. I must first of all see whether the state is moving. If the country is not moving, what what will I tell Nigerians I want to contest?
The full interview will air on `Amanpour’ at 2000 BST on Wednesday 14th April www.cnn.com/ amanpour
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2010
come see how everybody come take cover this or presido na real shakabula and he has no excuse - he a phd holder, for crying out loud

notice he is defending iwu in the interview cheesy
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
oyb:

come see how everybody come take cover this or presido na real shakabula and he has no excuse - he a phd holder, for crying out loud

notice he is defending iwu in the interview cheesy

To even think that he took his classes in english language from kindergarten to . . . . . . .Phd Zoology is unforgivable.

Pls we are talking about a former Deputy governor - - -Governor - - -Vice President- - - -Stand-in-President - - -and then Presido
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by enomakos(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
ever if she speaks broken english what is ur problem?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
Apart from few hiccups, his replies were not that murderous if the transcriber did justice to the interview though.
@Chosen04

I did not see 'Thats why govt is runned by 2 persons'. . . in the interview. Did you make the 'runned' mistake yourself?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

Apart from few hiccups, his replies were not that murderous if the transcriber did justice to the interview though.
@Chosen04

I did not see 'Thats why govt is runned by 2 persons'. . . in the interview. Did you make the 'runned' mistake yourself?

. . . . Hope you saw [b]one [b]Superior and the other inferior?[/b][/b]

Then whats your point?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
Grammatically, superior and inferior go hand in hand. But it is a grammatical suicide to say 'runned' and it is worse when one is casting aspersion.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by royalcrews(m): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
@dayokano;
IT DOES NOT EAZI TO CARRY SECOND O, WETIN OUR YAKUBU NO FIT DO, OUR FALKONET DON DO AM.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

. . .Moreover one silly blunder is more than enough to rubblish everything, just like one silly incident is enough to damage years efforts in building a good name.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Ibomade1: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
Maybe she gets the chills whenever she faces the camera. It is possible you know  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

Grammatically, superior and inferior go hand in hand. But it is a grammatical suicide to say 'runned' and it is worse when one is casting aspersion.

So its grammatically right to use inferior for a position one occupies? Pls can you kindly tell me one inferior post occupied by some one that you know of?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by kobikwelu(m): 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
na wa ooo for una

the woman is there travelling all over the world, chopping bilions millions and securing the future of her 10th generation and you guys are here analysing here communication skills

pity cry cry cry cry

also, as usual, the thread has been derailed to jonathan
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

So its grammatically right to use inferior for a position one occupies? Pls can you kindly tell me one inferior post occupied by some one that you know of?

Is the position of a vice president superior to that of the president? Is it equal or inferior?

Also, is it right to use runned as it used in this sentence 'Thats why govt is runned by 2 persons . . ?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

Is the position of a vice president superior to that of the president? Is it equal or inferior?

Is the position of the vice president inferior by any standard? if not in only the grammatical expression of a Phd holder?

agabaI23:

Also, is it right to use runned as it used in this sentence 'Thats why govt is runned by 2 persons . . ?

Using ''runned'' for a man who was by position ''inferior?''
What has happened to the style of writing called satire?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Moyola(f): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
Ojigbijigbi!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by sley4life(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2010
no1 is perfect. Even if she blunders
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by seyibrown(f): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
My, oh my! This must be the 'ENGLISH POLICE' thread!

Me thinks when I become President or 'First Lady' , I will only speak EKITI at home and abroad! I am sure they can find translators for me! I cannot afford to embarrass Naijeria o! LOL!

In jare, in momo beri oya olori oko o! E si tipatipa na mi s'oyibo o!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
seyibrown:

My, oh my! This must be the 'ENGLISH POLICE' thread!

Me thinks when I become President or 'First Lady' , I will only speak EKITI at home and abroad! I am sure they can find translators for me! I cannot afford to embarrass Naijeria o! LOL!

In jare, in momo beri oya olori oko o! E si tipatipa na mi s'oyibo o!

LOL

. . . . .but, ''frankly'' asking, Is there any language called EKITI? that can be spoken at homa and abroad?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by aikokoro: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
Pls make una no vex o. is Turai a graduate?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by spikedcylinder: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2010
Every persons haves problems jare. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by seyibrown(f): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
LOL

. . . . .but, ''frankly'' asking, Is there any language called EKITI? that can be spoken at homa and abroad?

There isn't any language that cannot be spoken anywhere (home or abroad)! Whoever wants to know what you are talking about will just have to get a translator! LOL!

Pardonnez moi . . . . shoulda written that in Ekiti!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chika98: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Yup. We all does grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

This the position of the vice president inferior by any standard? if not in only the grammatical expression of a Phd holder?

?[/b]

What do you wanna say? use your local dialect please!

chosen04:

Using ''runned'' for a man who was by position ''inferior?''
What has happened to the style of writing called satire?

Which satire? Tell that to your 3 year old cousin! Excuse! Excuse!! Excuse!!!

May be dame was being satirical when she used broken English. grin grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
spikedcylinder:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-114994.0.html

i have not met muchs first lady that match my intelligent
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

@Chosen04

I didn't see it either. It is terrible to cast damaging falsehoods at others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Have Left PDP – Edwin Clark / APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction / President Buhari To Go On Leave, Osibanjo To Serve As Acting President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.