Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (34646 Views)

Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Has Anyone Heard A Word From Dame Patience Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by spikedcylinder: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-114994.0.html

i have not met muchs first lady that match my intelligent

Rotflmao!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

Which satire? Tell that to your 3 year old cousin! Excuse! Excuse!! Excuse!!!

May be dame was being satirical when she used broken English. grin grin

@agaba123

Do not run away from answering my question below using your above  quotes as an excuse

chosen04:

Is the position of the vice president inferior by any standard? if not in only the grammatical expression of a Phd holder?

Very funny the dame have nothing to say after all her husband was occuping an inferior position. LOL
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

I didn't see it either. It is terrible to cast damaging falsehoods at others.

@BEAF

. . . . . .

But Thank God you saw and heard your Joe calling ''HIS EXALTED'' position inferior cos of his grammatical blunder

even though he is a Phd holder.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

@BEAF
. . . . . .
But Thank God you saw and heard your Joe calling ''HIS EXALTED'' position inferior cos of his grammatical blunder

even though he is a Phd holder.

There is nothing grammatically wrong with that. Positions can be superior or inferior, the only argument might be that the words were used inappropriately (in a politically incorrect way).
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

There is nothing grammatically wrong with that.

INDEED!

Beaf:

Positions can be superior or inferior

Pls kindly name one inferior position that you know of?

Beaf:

the only argument might be that the words were used inappropriately (in a politically incorrect way).

Has Joe and the Dame ever used words appropriately?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

. . .
Pls kindly name one inferior position that you know of?
. . .

Two grammatically correct sentences;
[list]
[li]The position of General is superior to that of Sergeant[/li]
[li]The position of is Sergeant inferior to that of General[/li]
[/list]
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by fyneguy: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
grin

so chosen04  invented d word- runned?   issues@nairaland.com
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
fyneguy:

grin

so chosen04 invented d word- runned? issues@nairaland.com

Just to kill the argument pata pata. . .  grin

su·pe·ri·or   /səˈpɪəriər, sʊ-/  Show Spelled[suh-peer-ee-er, soo-] 
–adjective
1. higher in station, rank, degree, importance, etc.: a superior officer.
2. above the average in excellence, merit, intelligence, etc.: superior math students.
3. of higher grade or quality: superior merchandise.
4. greater in quantity or amount: superior numbers.
5. showing a consciousness or feeling of being better than or above others: superior airs.
6. not yielding or susceptible (usually fol. by to ): to be superior to temptation.
7. higher in place or position: We moved our camp to superior ground.
8. Botany .
a. situated above some other organ.
b. (of a calyx) seeming to originate from the top of the ovary.
c. (of an ovary) free from the calyx.
9. Anatomy . (of an organ or part)
a. higher in place or position; situated above another.
b. toward the head. Compare inferior ( def. 7 ) .
10. Printing . written or printed high on a line of text, as the “2” in a 2 b;  superscript. Compare inferior ( def. 9 ) .

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/superior
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Borat1: 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
Who cares. . .she's still first lady tongue
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

[list]
[/list]

And when used in the usual Presido JOE inappropriate way, it becomes

that is why in the first place constitution  of the military is designed for two people to be in charge of parade at every time, one   General superior and Sergeant inferior.

Phd degree don suffer . . . . . . .

@Beaf,
You have not named in inferior position ooooooooooo. You only smartly coined two sentences using Superior and inferior, which is ''far off'' the mark.

Pls kindly advice him on Facebook if you are friends with him. Cos i will never join, i dont even visit his profile.

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by bensoft(m): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2010
Does that really matter?
good or bad English communication, ?
British citizens would not complain, it's only Nigerians that troubleshoots  English.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

Just to kill the argument pata pata. . . grin

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/superior

What did you achieve with the dictionary post?

Beaf:

[list]
[/list]

that is why in the first place constitution of the military is designed for two people to be in charge of parade at every time, one General superior and Sergeant inferior.

@Beaf,
You have not named in inferior position ooooooooooo. You only smartly coined two sentences using Superior and inferior, which is ''far off'' the mark.

Pls kindly advice him on Facebook if you are friends with him. Cos i will never join, i dont even visit
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2010
bensoft:

Does that really matter?
good or bad English communication, ?
British citizens would not complain, it's only Nigerians that troubleshoots English.

Very funny . . . . . . . .

Am sure tomorrow that your statement will change to corrupt nigerian leaders does it matter?. I tire oooo!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

What did you achieve with the dictionary post?

A definition is priceless education for the ignorant.

chosen04:

that is why in the first place constitution of the military is designed for two people to be in charge of parade at every time, one General superior and Sergeant inferior.

@Beaf,

Pls kindly advice him on Facebook if you are friends with him. Cos i will never join, i dont even visit

Silly.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by member479760: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
We all remained in the same place learning english, whereas India is on technologically with bad english. I will prefer a progressive leader with bad english to Mr. good english.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
Madam Dame Jonathan with her scratch-scratch voice. She talks like she is reciting a nursery rhyme.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

A definition is a priceless education for the ignorant.

. . . . .If only he knows his googled dictionary did nothing to support any position as been ''INFERIOR'' as used by our Phd holding presido.

Beaf:

Silly.

Its just a suggestion. If you are not comfortable with that, I apologize.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
nakedall:

We all remained in the same place learning english, whereas India is on technologically with bad english. I will prefer a progressive leader with bad english to Mr. good english.

Typical Naija Rant . . . . . Have you ever seen or heard of any progressive leader who doesnt have at least average mastery of his official langauge? Pls you can name?

Have you ever wondered why IDI AMIN ( with his I will reverge your goodness fame),  Abacha, IBB etc made such bad leaders?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by kobikwelu(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
O BOY SEE LECTURERS!!!!!

KEEP ON MARKING YOUR SCRIPTS

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by cvibe: 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
omg shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked wot a huge embarassment.its understandable dat english isnt our mother tongue but then again u have 2 understand d fact dat as a "1st lady if ur communication skills is rusty u nid 2 polish it cos u'll be invited 4 several meetings,if not 4 anytin but 4 d fact dat u r representing 14o million ppu.i cant even see any poshness,sleekness and finesse around her.she looks more like d head of market women association,not like a 1st lady.a 1st lady,queen,princess,top executive lady or any woman dat weilds social,political or economic power should possess all d characteristics listed there.am sooooo ashamed of her gosh shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked very repulsive
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

Typical Naija Rant . . . . . Have you ever seen or heard of any progressive leader who dont have at least average mastery of his official langauge? Pls you can name?

Have you ever wondered why IDI AMIN ( with his I will reverge your goodness fame), Abacha, IBB etc made such bad leaders?

You dey emit bullet here and yet you are casting aspersion on someone. Time to shut it.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2010
agabaI23:

You dey emit bullet here and yet you are casting aspersion on someone. Time to shut it.

Don't mind chosen04.

I actually put the post you quoted in the grammar checker here http://ed.grammarly.com/
It came up with 14 problems. . . In about 50 words!!! shocked
Thats a whopping 28% error rate!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2010
chosen04:

@agaba123

Do not run away from answering my question below using your above  quotes as an excuse

Very funny the dame have nothing to say after all her husband was occuping an inferior position. LOL
Don't run ke? I said something about the rubbish you wrote earlier. God check the post I quoted from you. It made no meaning and it was impossible for me to say anything

I think someone has answered you though after you corrected your shyyt.

Like I said earlier, please your English is awful and you have no right to throw stones.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

Don't mind chosen04.

I actually put the post you quoted in the grammar checker here http://ed.grammarly.com/
It came up with 14 problems. . . In about 50 words!!! shocked
Thats a whopping 28% error rate!

You see am. We no be Oyibo. make them leave GEJ alone. Even oyibo dey blunder pass.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Undispu3rd(m): 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2010
English o, No English o, She will still force her hubby to go for 2nd term

I don't see any reason worrying over what is said by any politician- I think it is better they communicate in disjointed English rather than speak what they will never implement or remember it came out of their lips.

Where do we find ourselves whenever our leaders speak better English

1.  Annulment

2.  All political party are here by DISSOLVED

3.  Deregulation

4.  Monetization

5.  Due process

6.  Evil Genius etc

The only time our leader speaks impeccable English language is when they reads out speeches whom they themselves never know who wrote the words and what those words stand for.

Just check this out to find out that we don't have LEADERS BUT ROBBERShttp://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008040443620
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by HIROSHI: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2010
Beaf

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills
« #20 on: Yesterday at 11:56:22 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigeria has never had a well spoken leader (as far as the 2ndry English language is concerned).
I don't see the relevance of this topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May be you should say that you were not old enough to hear Abubakar Tafawa Balewa speak Queen's English with good delivery. They used to call him the golden voice of Africa.

Yakubu Gowon speaks good English and Murtala Mohammed also tried.

The worst so far were Obasanjo and Sani Abacha. Jonathan's English is even better than that of Yar'adua.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Beaf: 12:16am On Aug 05, 2010
^
You're probably right. But I'll add Buhari and IBB to the list of leaders with tortured English.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 05, 2010
Atleast you guys could understand her to criticize her.

I couldnt get her point. .  . . .  Was she thanking them or claiming war on America?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by sophy09: 12:28am On Aug 05, 2010
The best thing for her is to get someone who will help her in public speaking. During campaigns in the US most of these

people enroll the services of a tutor who guides on what to do. At least they have the money to buy irrelevant things

so why can't she and her husband do so. Ordinary artists make use of these services. Indians who have strong accent

while speaking English, companies outsource their customer service to them. These graduates (some are not) undergo

training.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Theblessed(f): 1:09am On Aug 05, 2010
[b]Hey, what are we talking and criticising about here? English language and it's grammar, abi? But, who cares if her grammar isn't perfect? Or is she being criticise because, she is the wife of a Head of State?

What about former Nigerian Presidents, knowing they represent us on International platform yet, could not put sentences together and talk of use of grammar?  As a President, Obasanjo could not use English language properly, coupled with his serious lack of etiquette = Zooch! Did anyone see him drink garri on the Net some months ago? If you haven't, well, I suggest you look for it and then tell me that's the kind of President you want to represent Nigeria's interests in the world.

And for that reason, I suggesting anyone with money to set up 'School of Etiquettes' for these Head of States, their Ministers and wives to attend before they could take Office that, would help them a lot and stop this kind of criticisms.

Until them please, stop criticising! 

We are doing well with the toughest language in world to learn, English language - A language made up of several languages - there is French in it, there is German in it and, there is Latin in it as well.  But hey, can the English speak any Nigerian Language They are the worst and laziest at learning other people's language and we are here criticising our sister who is even more perfect in the use of the language than most local English men/woman, I know.  

Oh please, stop it!!!! And since you think, this woman is not good at using this 'heavenly supreme' language called English, have you considered how other citizens of Europe use and write English I mean both educated and illiterates among them e.g. have you heard the Polish, Russians, Ukrainians, French, Slovakians, Turkish , Spanish etc speak and write this heavenly language we'll all be speaking in Heaven when we get there.  

So, think about it when you set out on your journey of criticisms.  And for those looking for perfection, remember, we all have our respective faults and weaknesses, too!
[/b]
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chika98: 2:00am On Aug 05, 2010
^^^ It seems you and her drank from the same English Language cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams / Ghanaian Woman Compares Ghanaian & Nigerian Police, ACP Sogunle Replies Her / ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.