Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria (42639 Views)

Black Sunday: Igangan Massacre By Fulani Bandits (video) / Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Galaxyowerri(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
Baselm:
Why are all these organizations biased in their report? Everybody watched the video of when the guys started stoning the military men when they asked them not to proceed. what about the ones arrested with petrol bombs by the police. That particular stoning video trended most during the time, I'm surprised its not in this video report.
Look at one of them, such a stone hearted barbarian!!
Even if the protesters were hauling stones at the military, now means the military must retaliate by shooting them with 50mm caliber weapons??

Have you seen were protests are happening in sane climes? The use of rocks or clubs is almost normal in protests but using 50mm caliber firepower against people hauling stones is the worst savagery ever!! And for you to be supporting these barbarians equally show how wicked you are.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by KingThreatzz: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
ojlifa:
You must be confused that was done by the present government

Many shiites were murdered under Jonathan's government. Face it, the Sunni in Nigeria hates the Shia movement. The military is the tool to enforce the hate. Whoever becomes predsident, inherits that shitt

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Basketmouth2019: 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
Mumu Nigerian voters. I'm sure 90% of those ranting against buhari either have PVC and won't vote or don't have PVC at all. I hope nigeria don't end with these disgusting people in power.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by KingThreatzz: 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
Skirmishes:
This shows that the president have a hand in this killings. Same guard brigades that did a March past yesterday during his birthday, is the same people that killed unarmed protesters.

Buhari is a killer and a murderer. He ordered the attack on the shiites.

So we would also say Obasanjo killed Odi people?
So we would also say Jonathan killed Northerners while fighting boko haram
So we would also say Yar Adua extra-judicially killed Mohammed Yusuf?
If you become president tomorrow. You won't do a shyt about it.
Untill our morals are reshaped especially for the military
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ideynl1: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
kjhova:

General Obasanjo and Mr. Atiku Abubakar were the president and vice president when the Nigerian Army carried out worse crimes than this in Zaki Biam and Odi. Shall any of you Atikulooters be paid in the same coin too or you are that blind to facts?

That is to say, this genocide was committed by Buhari and Osinbajo

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by IbrahimDamola: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
Basher8583:

[s]
See this one that is severly plagued with inferiority complex. Even at you embarasing age you are still reporting like a kid. Na Oyibo go come solve your problem abi. Mr reporter.

Now go and report to your mommy like you always do that insulted you[/s]

Bashirudeen the Godforsaken dead zombie, shut your smelly mouth and go and die. You are a curse to the world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by RTSC: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2018

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by strenghtt: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
kjhova:

General Obasanjo and Mr. Atiku Abubakar were the president and vice president when the Nigerian Army carried out worse crimes than this in Zaki Biam and Odi. Shall any of you Atikulooters be paid in the same coin too or you are that blind to facts?

PLS U GUYS SHOULD STOP BRINGING POLITICS INTO THIS SERIOUS LIFE MATTER. PLS!! PLS !!! PLS!!! WHOEVER WHETHER..OBASANJO, ATIKU, Osinbajo , BUHARI HIMSELF IS FOUND GUILTY OF THIS MASSACRE SHOULD BE PUNISHED....I DON'T CARE IF ITS APC OR PDP ..........

4 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Hanibal(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
adecz:
Why should they defy the law?

If they are not given the permission to
march into Abuja, why must they confront
armed soldiers to disobey the law?

All the travails & problems the Zakzaky people
face is just out of disobedience to the laws
of the land & constituted authority.

Remember, soldiers are not trained to shoot
to wound or disarm, they are trained to kill.

If you confront armed soldier, no complain say dem
kill you...

Finally, no leader will take such insolence,
even Jubril.

undecided
thank you jare
The same new york times will be the first ones to report that the Nigerian capital has been "overrun" by Shiite Muslims if allowed. You see soldiers with Aks and you have effrontery to throw stones at them, the soldiers decided to kill you, you're complaining. Let all of them have a nice time in hell

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by RTSC: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Codes151(m): 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
okwabayi:

I have never seen a bully protect his victim from a larger sized brute. Please tell me if you’ve seen so before.
ive never seen though. But I have disobeyed all authority to defend them if I were a uniform man
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
ideynl1:

That is to say, this genocide was committed by Buhari and Osinbajo

Don't pretend to he smart by half. We should all condemn the excesses of the Nigerian Army. My response was to those who were quick to pin it on the PMB presidency.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
strenghtt:

PLS U GUYS SHOULD STOP BRINGING POLITICS INTO THIS SERIOUS LIFE MATTER. PLS!! PLS !!! PLS!!! WHOEVER WHETHER..OBASANJO, ATIKU, Osinbajo , BUHARI HIMSELF IS FOUND GUILTY OF THIS MASSACRE SHOULD BE PUNISHED....I DON'T CARE IF ITS APC OR PDP ..........

Easy for you to say that. I didn't bring politics to the thread. I only responded to the lot who brought politics into it. Or you didn't see their posts ahead of mine?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by RTSC: 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by CptCharlesVane: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
Examine your conscience and ask why you think gay people don't deserve rights? If your strong opinion against conscious sexual preferences of consenting individuals is from a book of talking snakes and donkeys or prophet splitting the moon, the joke is on you to really examine your sanity because it is such calcified biases founded on deranged superstitions that lead to Sunni muslim soldiers to gleefully kill their Shia brothers, sisters and children in the name of religion, one which from inception didn't give a shįt about black people.

Mind you, I contemplated for long whether I should respond to your comment but decided you are worth an education.

Anyway, enjoy the holidays!
donnie:

Must you use every opportunity to campaign for gay rights?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by adecz: 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hanibal:
thank you jare
The same new york times will be the first ones to report that the Nigerian capital has been "overrun" by Shiite Muslims if allowed. You see soldiers with Aks and you have effrontery to throw stones at them, the soldiers decided to kill you, you're complaining. Let all of them have a nice time in hell

Some dumb people on this thread
do not know how these group operate.

The Shi'a do not recognize, respect or acknowledge the
authority of anybody in Nigeria. They have
their allegiance only to zakzaky & Iran.

This is why they insist on disobeying any
form of constituted authority in Nigeria.

They may appear harmless, but if you let
your guard down, they will surprise you. This
was what some policemen learnt in Kaduna
in June this year on a date of trial of Zakzaky.
As usual, they marched in tbeir normal fashion
but suddenly descended on some unsuspecting
policemen with stones, clubs & daggers.

Before the police could react, they had slaughtered
about 2 policemen & stoned a few others to
death & smashed their heads & destroyed their
vehicles right on the busy
streets of central Kaduna town.

They almost surprised the army at the Zuba incidence
a few months back.

We must ask, why are they always clashing
with the law, right from the time of Abacha, who
also detained this same Zakzaky?

A lot of ignorant people just make
senseless sentimental comments without
knowing the subject.

If soldiers or police say, don't pass here,
you with your strong head will insist on disobeying.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Cammo: 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
Some people here are quite pathetic and just zombies as they're called. How can you watch the gruesome acts of the NA as recorded in this video and still be doing comparisons of the former government with the present one? If GEJ was kicked out because he was clueless, why should Buhari who is over ten times worse be spared.
Real zombies indeed!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Lokoyen(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerianization:
The Nigerian government generally are usually in the habit of defending the impunity of their agents and officials.
Remember that similar accusations trailed the Obasanjo presidency in Odi and Zaki biam
Yar'adua and the mysterious killing of Mohammed yusuf
Jonathan and the accusations that he was trying to reduce the northern population etc.

Truth is
The Nigerian army needs serious reforms and reorientation on the sanctity of human lives but an institution that hardly values the lives of its own men will never value that of a 'bloody civilian'.

The Nigerian government since 1999 have been pampering the military to prevent them from plotting another coup.

The Jonathan government that tried to ensure a bit of sanity in the army could not because the trial of those soldiers that committed mutiny was politicised. I remember MURIC leading the campaign against the trial of the soldiers and buhari pardoning them on assumption of office to score cheap political points.

The hypocritical MURIC has not issued a single statement condemning the extra judicial killing of its brethren.
I think they should just change their name to SUNNI RIGHTS CONCERN (SURIC).

The tiger we are rearing as pet in this country may soon consume us all if care is not taken.

We voted for change but got a change of tactics from coded oppression by the military to a bold and daring massacre of unarmed civilians from IMN to IPOB. Now the only voice that speaks loud enough for the oppressed - Amnesty International has been given notice to quit the country by the same military, and the presidency seconded the motion.

Anybody that turns a blind eye to this reign of impunity by the military will have his or her loved ones directly affected so that they will feel what others are feeling.

Patriotism is not a love for the president or the ruling party but for the country and its citizens both rich and poor. A patriotic citizen will WAIL when things are going wrong because even with the best of intentions, a government can still make mistakes.

Buhari has a golden opportunity, as a retired general in the army, to address some of these issues but as Aisha has WAILED RECENTLY, the husband has relinquished control of the country to two people.

With tears in my eyes, I appeal to everyone of good conscience to please look beyond parties and candidates but to consider the best interest of the Nigerian people in the campaign and agitations.

Nigeria is bigger than buhari and Atiku
Let us support our candidates with conscience and godliness.
God help Nigeria.

God bless you. That part you mentioned MURIC got me. If it were video of falz ( This is Nigeria) or issues on Women being denied entry cos of their Hijab this MURIC would speak and protest. Now its extra Judicial killing of their own they suddenly went mum. I know they are not even standing for the interest of all Muslims but Sunnis as you rightly said.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ojlifa: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
most likely so,but Nigeria is a secular state,meaning everybody should be allowed to worship which ever and how ever without fear or favour

KingThreatzz:

Many shiites were murdered under Jonathan's government. Face it, the Sunni in Nigeria hates the Shia movement. The military is the tool to enforce the hate. Whoever becomes predsident, inherits that shitt
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ylaa(f): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
amen
OKPANAMchief:
The blood will hunt him soon.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Baselm: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
Galaxyowerri:

Look at one of them, such a stone hearted barbarian!!
Even if the protesters were hauling stones at the military, now means the military must retaliate by shooting them with 50mm caliber weapons??

Have you seen were protests are happening in sane climes? The use of rocks or clubs is almost normal in protests but using 50mm caliber firepower against people hauling stones is the worst savagery ever!! And for you to be supporting these barbarians equally show how wicked you are.
My question is why was the stone pelting scene not in the video. soldiers are not riot control policemen, before stoning them u saw they only had guns and daggers, started stoning, do you expect them to run and abandon their duty post?
Removing the stone pelting is distortion of facts and makes it look as if the army acted unprovoked. Everyone deserves a fair trial, don't sell someone as the villain and another as the victim.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by donnie(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
Examine your conscience and ask why you think gay people don't deserve rights? If your strong opinion against conscious sexual preferences of consenting individuals is from a book of talking snakes and donkeys or prophet splitting the moon, the joke is on you to really examine your sanity because it is such calcified biases founded on deranged superstitions that lead to Sunni muslim soldiers to gleefully kill their Shia brothers, sisters and children in the name of religion, one which from inception didn't give a shįt about black people.

Mind you, I contemplated for long whether I should respond to your comment but decided you are worth an education.

Anyway, enjoy the holidays!

You complicate your problem when you combine fighting for fundamental rights with atheistic views.

Ok what do you want? Approval to conduct gay weddings in Nigeria? undecided

The Christian view is that homosexuality is an oppression of the mind. It is abnormal, demonic and those enslaved by it need compassion (not hatred) from Christians, and of course, deliverance in the name of Jesus and through His Word.

It is possible to live a disciplined, Spirit-filled life (regardless of what feelings or impure sexual attractions you might have had) if you so desire.

Question is, Do you?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by badman007(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
Many times I wonder how the colonialists were inveigled into abdicating sophisticated and rigorously thought concepts of government, law and democracy to barbarians in Africa.

This is beyond Buhari, it is the culmination of individual biases and intolerance africans hold against one another. Give them religion that isn't even about them that they never contributed an iota to and watch them kill one another over it. Give them governments and watch the cycle over and over.

You may be quick to blame the president and the soldiers but look in the mirror how many believe homosexuals deserve to be killed because 'our religious book and God says so'

Eternal curses to the scourge of islam and the abrahamic religions in Africa. It's just unfortunate that even the educated ones are too stupid to realize that Islam and Christianity are fairy tales from superstitious goat herders.

Shithole!! angry

The sooner we stop religious studies in our schools, the better for us.

Alamangiri education vs my book of bible stories ruins the mind of black kids.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by donnie(m): 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
badman007:

The sooner we stop religious studies in our schools, the better for us.

Alamangiri education vs my book of bible stories ruins the mind of black kids.

You don't know what the God-consciousness is saving our country from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cammo:
Some people here are quite pathetic and just zombies as they're called. How can you watch the gruesome acts of the NA as recorded in this video and still be doing comparisons of the former government with the present one? If GEJ was kicked out because he was clueless, why should Buhari who is over ten times worse be spared.
Real zombies indeed!
See eh, the average Nigerian is just intrinsically wicked..they just love to shift the blame to the "politicians" but in reality the non politicians are just as evil..
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Olabestonic001(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
goldfish80:
A part of me is actually routing for boko Haram after watching this video.
Hopefully they avenge the death of these people 3 folds on the soldiers to balance the equation.
May Karma run it's full course.

Come on BH boys! Show them shege!!
Come on lads!

It must be a foolish part of you.

BH is even worst.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by KingThreatzz: 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
ojlifa:
most likely so,but Nigeria is a circular state,meaning everybody should be allowed to worship which ever and how ever with fear or favour

]]

True talk. Nigeria is a SECULAR STATE
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by muhamadnur: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
I swear to god this is not even half to what we've seen in borno Nigerian army of or massecre group
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
dokie:

A lot of Nigerians a heartless. There is a limit to one's support for a candidate. But not here. How on earth can someone of good conscience still cast a vote for Buhari? How? How and why will anyone support Buhari in the face of all this?

As we speak, this thread is yet to hit front page and we have threads on davido and those showing their breasts on the front page.

People who support Buhari are jihadists/islamic fanatics, they believe in Buhari because he is their fellow Islamists, an average muslim will prefer Buhari to Atiku who is a claiming liberal muslim.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by 7lives: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Yeye dey smell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra / Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Beji, Niger State Village In Pictures / Masked Oyo Indigenes Give Fulani, Hausa 30days To Leave Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.