Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria (42603 Views)

Black Sunday: Igangan Massacre By Fulani Bandits (video) / Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Time2Smile(m): 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
Why is the President and the Presidency not being held accountable for these crimes against humanity. Watch the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-6wV0agvs

96 Likes 33 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by dunkem21(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
Gruesome! angry angry

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
If you watch this video and still go ahead to support Buhari It will never be well with 6 generations of your descendants again ..... Who uses 50 calibre machine guns on peaceful protesters ...I swear Africa has never had days like this and Buhari has to be handed over to ICC soon for justice to be served , Nigerias next president must be ready to handover Buhari to the ICC immediately !!!!!!! This is sad

578 Likes 65 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
Seun , Lalasticlala, mynd44 please this is front page worthy

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by KVN1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hello Nigerians.. enough is enough. Your PVC or your Visa.

as for BMCs mortgaging thier future for 30k ....kwontinue

230 Likes 10 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by GavelSlam: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
FarahAideed:
If you watch this video and still go ahead to support Buhari It will never be well with 6 generations of your descendants again ..... Who uses 50 calibre machine guns on peaceful protesters ...I swear Africa has never had days like this and Buhari has to be handed over to ICC soon for justice to be served , Nigerias next president must be ready to handover Buhari to the ICC immediately !!!!!!! This is sad

Why then did Jonathan kill Zakzaky's children?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by PointZerom: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
Buhari means blood blood everywhere.

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by OKPANAMchief: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
The blood will hunt him soon.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by PointZerom: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Shut up.

If you claim that GEJ was clueless and still uses his style of leadership as a yardstick for Buhari's government, the joke is on you.

449 Likes 35 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by CptCharlesVane: 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Many times I wonder how the colonialists were inveigled into abdicating sophisticated and rigorously thought concepts of government, law and democracy to barbarians in Africa.

This is beyond Buhari, it is the culmination of individual biases and intolerance africans hold against one another. Give them religion that isn't even about them that they never contributed an iota to and watch them kill one another over it. Give them governments and watch the cycle over and over.

You may be quick to blame the president and the soldiers but look in the mirror how many believe homosexuals deserve to be killed because 'our religious book and God says so'

Eternal curses to the scourge of islam and the abrahamic religions in Africa. It's just unfortunate that even the educated ones are ignorant to realize that Islam and Christianity are fairy tales from superstitious goat herders.

Shithole!! angry

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Under Jonathan 2 of Zakzakkys sons died and under Buhari 7 sons were killed with just one left ... please watch this video and tell me if it okay for the Presidential guard to use 50 calibre machine guns to mow down peaceful people on the streets..

216 Likes 18 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by nnachukz(m): 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
One thing I know for sure is that evil begets evil. Those who support the evil happening today due to what they are getting from the government will soon be at the receiving end of this calamity.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nigerianization(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
The Nigerian government generally are usually in the habit of defending the impunity of their agents and officials.
Remember that similar accusations trailed the Obasanjo presidency in Odi and Zaki biam
Yar'adua and the mysterious killing of Mohammed yusuf
Jonathan and the accusations that he was trying to reduce the northern population etc.

Truth is
The Nigerian army needs serious reforms and reorientation on the sanctity of human lives but an institution that hardly values the lives of its own men will never value that of a 'bloody civilian'.

The Nigerian government since 1999 have been pampering the military to prevent them from plotting another coup.

The Jonathan government that tried to ensure a bit of sanity in the army could not because the trial of those soldiers that committed mutiny was politicised. I remember MURIC leading the campaign against the trial of the soldiers and buhari pardoning them on assumption of office to score cheap political points.

The hypocritical MURIC has not issued a single statement condemning the extra judicial killing of its brethren.
I think they should just change their name to SUNNI RIGHTS CONCERN (SURIC).

The tiger we are rearing as pet in this country may soon consume us all if care is not taken.

We voted for change but got a change of tactics from coded oppression by the military to a bold and daring massacre of unarmed civilians from IMN to IPOB. Now the only voice that speaks loud enough for the oppressed - Amnesty International has been given notice to quit the country by the same military, and the presidency seconded the motion.

Anybody that turns a blind eye to this reign of impunity by the military will have his or her loved ones directly affected so that they will feel what others are feeling.

Patriotism is not a love for the president or the ruling party but for the country and its citizens both rich and poor. A patriotic citizen will WAIL when things are going wrong because even with the best of intentions, a government can still make mistakes.

Buhari has a golden opportunity, as a retired general in the army, to address some of these issues but as Aisha has WAILED RECENTLY, the husband has relinquished control of the country to two people.

With tears in my eyes, I appeal to everyone of good conscience to please look beyond parties and candidates but to consider the best interest of the Nigerian people in the campaign and agitations.

Nigeria is bigger than buhari and Atiku
Let us support our candidates with conscience and godliness.
God help Nigeria.

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by mycar: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hmm, this is really bad, what happens to the use of tear gas?
Even their leader went to the army to explain to them that their protest was peaceful and they shot him.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nigerianization(m): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
GavelSlam:

Is buhari now completing to outdo Jonathan?

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 12:36am On Dec 18, 2018
This is one of the reasons the American govt refused to sell weapons to Nigeria in the first place. As you can see the military don't have the intension of using these weapons on Boko haram but on civilians. When amnesty international was crying about this we thought they were saying nonsense. See how unarmed people were killed like chickens. I now see why boko haram might never come to an end because even as a Christian after seeing that video one will definitely have sympathy on the Moslems and will be easily swayed to take up arms against the state. We are not safe in this country at all

201 Likes 10 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by donttouchme: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2018
So painful

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ojlifa: 1:47am On Dec 18, 2018
You must be confused that was done by the present government

GavelSlam:

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Time2Smile(m): 2:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerianization:
The Nigerian government generally are usually in the habit of defending the impunity of their agents and officials.
Remember that similar accusations trailed the Obasanjo presidency in Odi and Zaki biam
Jonathan and the accusations that he was trying to reduce the northern population etc.

Truth is
The Nigerian army needs serious reforms and reorientation on the sanctity of human lives but an institution that hardly values the lives of its own men will never value that of a 'bloody civilian'.

The Nigerian government since 1999 have been pampering the military to prevent them from plotting another coup.

The Jonathan government that tried to ensure a bit of sanity in the army could not because the trial of those soldiers that committed mutiny was politicised. I remember MURIC leading the campaign against the trial of the soldiers and buhari pardoning them on assumption of office to score cheap political points.

The hypocritical MURIC has not issued a single statement condemning the extra judicial killing of its brethren.

The tiger we are rearing as pet in this country may soon consume us all if care is not taken.

We voted for change but got a change of tactics from coded oppression by the military to a bold and daring massacre of unarmed civilians from IMN to IPOB. Now the only voice that speaks loud enough for the oppressed - Amnesty International has been given notice to quit the country by the same military, and the presidency seconded the motion.

Anybody that turns a blind eye to this reign of impunity by the military will have his or her loved ones directly affected so that they will feel what others are feeling.

Patriotism is not a love for the president or the ruling party but for the country and its citizens both rich and poor. A patriotic citizen will WAIL when things are going wrong because even with the best of intentions, a government can still make mistakes.

Buhari has a golden opportunity, as a retired general in the army, to address some of these issues but as Aisha has WAILED RECENTLY, the husband has relinquished control of the country to two people.

With tears in my eyes, I appeal to everyone of good conscience to please look beyond parties and candidates but to consider the best interest of the Nigerian people in the campaign and agitations.

God help Nigeria.
You spoke my mind eloquently. I watched the video with tears in my eyes. We need a soul searching in this country to define our values and what we represent. This barbarity and savagery cannot be allowed. This goes beyond politics. The Nigerian populace has to demand real changes and accountability from our leaders. They do this because they believe they can get away with it.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Time2Smile(m): 3:01am On Dec 18, 2018
gaddafe:
This is one of the reasons the American govt refused to sell weapons to Nigeria in the first place. As you can see the military don't have the intension of using these weapons on Boko haram but on civilians. When amnesty international was crying about this we thought they were saying nonsense. See how unarmed people were killed like chickens. I now see why boko haram might never come to an end because even as a Christian after seeing that video one will definitely have sympathy on the Moslems and will be easily swayed to take up arms against the state. We are not safe in this country at all
Any decent human being should be outrage irrespective of religious persuasions. This is about the dignity of human being and sanctity of human life. The life and humanity of the President or anyone is no more important than that of the people that were gunned down. This is cold blooded murder. He celebrated his birthday yesterday while the victim families continue to mourn their loved ones. The contrast couldn't be more stark.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by tit(f): 3:50am On Dec 18, 2018
I pity Buhari and his supporters

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kunleweb: 4:06am On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerianization:

Truth is

God help Nigeria.

You spoke well. ThankThank you Sir

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 4:17am On Dec 18, 2018
tit:
I pity Buhari and his supporters
this one your name is tit, do you have only one boob, lol grin wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 18, 2018
Black African leaders in the African continent are beyond wicked.Makes me ashamed to be black at times when I see the atrocities they commit and the way they steal all the money meant to construct roads,provide electricity,pipe born water,sewage,fund universities. The hottest place in hell is reserved for all of them.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Skirmishes(m): 4:47am On Dec 18, 2018
This shows that the president have a hand in this killings. Same guard brigades that did a March past yesterday during his birthday, is the same people that killed unarmed protesters.

Buhari is a killer and a murderer. He ordered the attack on the shiites.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by obyback: 5:06am On Dec 18, 2018
If u value your life, leave this shithole

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by budaatum: 5:28am On Dec 18, 2018

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by dadebayo1(m): 5:29am On Dec 18, 2018
How on earth does a government get away with things like what i just saw in the video... Really sad... Very very sad

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by EricBloodAxe: 5:30am On Dec 18, 2018
He's the same usual suspect. He never changes his spots.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 18, 2018
dadebayo1:
How on earth does a government get away with things like what i just saw in the video... Really sad... Very very sad

History repeats itself. Listen to Fela sing about Buhari, how he repeated the same thing during his tenure when we were not born in the 80's.
Animal in human skin.(No be be talk am, na fela)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafjSUv6s7E

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:57am On Dec 18, 2018
It's a known fact that NA have power where armless civilians are but always become a shadow of themselves when they engage BHTs in a gun duel.

24 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / President Buhari And Osinbajo Laughing In The Office (Photo) / Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.