Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? (28247 Views)

Am I A Bad Friend? I Slept With My Friend’s Ex / Is It Proper To Date My Friend's Ex? / Is It Bad To Date My Sister's House Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by KoeChz(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
ericmor:

God can use anybody, and he can use a best friend for u to get your true love that becomes a wife that is why I’m not against the OP. Well said bro.
leave God out of this bro. God is against fornication and sex before marriage. God cannot reserve a girl that as already been blindly banged by a friend for you to also bang before marrying her.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by xpac01(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
bilulu:

all of u saying "guy code" are still boys.... wat if he wants to settle down with her? she's d friend ex doesn't make her bad. a class mate of mine got married to a friend's ex who's also our course mate and d marriage is strong as ice.... guy code my black ass

And who is talking abt being bad here miss??

Through thought impression and from what I weigh from the guy's post, it's very obvious that this is a girl belonging to the circle of friends.

Infact in another thought, do you know that there could be an ignition of old sparks btw the former two love birds? You can't just erase that obvious possibility.

Now whether being good or bad, I can never support relationship of such kind as inquired by the OP.

Snitches arising from this kind of relationship is a 100% . It can never be avoided my dear.

Ask that your school friend who got married, they have swallowed alot to keep them together due to how the rship came abt.

Grow up.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by KoeChz(m): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
MissRaine69:

Say no to marrying your relatives it only causes genetic defects and possibly cognitive impairment.
off point reply. Or abstaining from sex before marriage also causes genetic defects . Lols
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by Caseless: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
pauloemeka:
Is it proper for me to date my best friend ex.... I like her, i think she likes me too..and she is even bringing pounded yam for me this Xmas.

Though my friend is already in another relationship... advise.
don't do that cos if u do, you'd have betrayed the trust upon which true friendship is built. Don't even go ask your friend for a permission to date his ex. If he gives a go-ahead for u to date his ex, believe me, he won't trust you again for the rest of life even though you guys continue as friends.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by ericmor: 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
KoeChz:
leave God out of this bro. God is against fornication and sex before marriage. God cannot reserve a girl that as already been blindly banged by a friend for you to also bang before marrying her.

So because they were dating means they bang abi
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by RealBadBoy: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Muscomide:
In the words of the legendary Ebenezer Obey hit song:
Ohun ti o da, o da.
Ma gba'yawo ore re,
oju lo fi n'ti ni.......
In the event you ain't Yoruba or you are of the Indomie generation, I translate for you:
'What is bad is bad
Don't snatch your friend's lover
It's a thing of shame.....'
And for your info, ex or no ex, it's a no-go area. Just my one naira's worth
Title of song?
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by doggedfighter(f): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
pauloemeka:

the pounded yam am talking about is for real... she said there and e two kind of pounded yam..the one they sit and pound and the one they stand and pound... I asked her which one is better then she said the one they stand and pound... so she said she will pound it and bring for me.
Bia,ibukwa nwa afor Igbo?
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by Wuraola01(f): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
pauloemeka:
Is it proper for me to date my best friend ex.... I like her, i think she likes me too..and she is even bringing pounded yam for me this Xmas.

@Op If the guy is still ur best friend, don't date his ex abeg even if she likes you. A girl shouldn't be the cause of a beef between you and that your guy. cheesy smiley

You shouldn't even be considering it, undecided. Ur best friend at that
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by MissRaine69(f): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
KoeChz:
off point reply. Or abstaining from sex before marriage also causes genetic defects . Lols
One day soon, you will read what I wrote and the penny will drop. I live in hope .
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by abimic(m): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
How can I date my friend's ex when there are many girls in world that would use love amaze you.... Bros jappa.... The girl would even respect you more if you don't undervalue your worth by asking her out.....
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by KoeChz(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
MissRaine69:

One day soon, you will read what I wrote and the penny will drop. I live in hope .
lols, no iota of truth in what u said, but then relative marriage wasn't in the context. Live less in unrealistic hope sis
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by MissRaine69(f): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
KoeChz:
lols, no iota of truth in what u said, but then relative marriage wasn't in the context. Live less in unrealistic hope sis
Like I said the penny will drop and you will get it...you have no clue what I meant earlier which is slightly amusing.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by Noblewhiz(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
If it was right...you won't come here to ask.
------Let your conscience justify.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by MrMacinterchi1: 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ikpongiton:
Do you know the meaning of the pounded yam,he is talking about ?

I think there's no pun in that sentence made by the Op as regards to that.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2018
Jobola1:
I will borrow a quote from Nike..."Just do it."

Most people are just talking with sentiment quoting some made up "guy code", who dash una code?

But the way this OP dey talk about pounded yam sef, I doubt if he can do anything if given the chance. So u have to wait for one pounded before u meet up with a girl? Hian, ahbegi. What if pounded yam or Xmas never existed at all?

Lol... don't mind them quoting guy code. My ex's best/close friend married me. And the ex attended the wedding.

At first, we thought it was a bad idea but we realized that we loved each other more than any past relationship or guy code.

Besides I dated his friend almost a decade ago at that time. Now all that is inconsequential. We are married and he and my ex are still close.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by Jobola1: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2018
ImaIma1:

Lol... don't mind them quoting guy code. My ex's best/close friend married me. And the ex attended the wedding.

At first, we thought it was a bad idea but we realized that we loved each other more than any past relationship or guy code.

Besides I dated his friend almost a decade ago at that time. Now all that is inconsequential. We are married and he and my ex are still close.

I totally agree, our society needs to mature above these sentiments. Most ladies were once somebody's gf, the only "offense" was that the op knew d guy.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by acxlers2014(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2018
So funny story but true. It's comparison with this story is indeed apt . It happened to me.

I was In school with my "best friend" and we were quite close . We lived next door and did what guys do. School over we dispersed and served together in the far North. He left and went back to Lagosbut I stayed back to seek opportunities. Well since things looked pretry good in the North and I had secured a well paying job. I asked that he came back to join me as he was finding it hard to survive in Lagos.
Homeboy returned to the North and I found a job for him, housed him with minimal rent and hoped that we could grow together. Well we were cool together and even did businesses together . I felt we were perfect.

4 years after; a calabar girl comes into the picture a's my girlfriend. Quite successful and she could hold her own. Yours truly liked but wasn't looking to settle with her. So I balied after a while but we were still in touch. Unknown to me , home boy went behind me and started chiking the babe. My roommate and confidant o. He was running shows behind me. Didn't have an inkling that it was with my ex shawty but i found out that he was always uncomfortable anytime I knocked at his door and he was on a call.

You know the saying; one day for the thief other days for the owner. We were watching TV and his phone rings and I see a picture of my ex shawty calling. I confront him and he says it is nothing.

What I didn't know was that the dude had gone to do introduction with her and he was planning to marry her in a few months. I was mad. Gave him the whole guy code story but dude won't relent and opted to carry on.
Anyway long story short the fool married the babe and our friendship ended afterwards. Of course he left my house and I had strong words for the babe too. I felt betrayed but what can I say. Love is a foolish something.

One thing is certain he will get what is coming to him sooner than he can imagine.

Dude, no amount of preaching will change your mumuness but let's be clear. The universe will get you.

You don't do such to your friend. Especially your benefactor.

I hope the pounded yam chokes you. People like you don't deserve to live
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 10:04am On Dec 24, 2018
Jobola1:

I totally agree, our society needs to mature above these sentiments. Most ladies were once somebody's gf, the only "offense" was that the op knew d guy.

It takes maturity and understanding to make some decisions damning the consequences.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by AryEmber(f): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2018
acxlers2014:
So funny story but true. It's comparison with this story is indeed apt . It happened to me.

I was In school with my "best friend" and we were quite close . We lived next door and did what guys do. School over we dispersed and served together in the far North. He left and went back to Lagosbut I stayed back to seek opportunities. Well since things looked pretry good in the North and I had secured a well paying job. I asked that he came back to join me as he was finding it hard to survive in Lagos.
Homeboy returned to the North and I found a job for him, housed him with minimal rent and hoped that we could grow together. Well we were cool together and even did businesses together . I felt we were perfect.

4 years after; a calabar girl comes into the picture a's my girlfriend. Quite successful and she could hold her own. Yours truly liked but wasn't looking to settle with her. So I balied after a while but we were still in touch. Unknown to me , home boy went behind me and started chiking the babe. My roommate and confidant o. He was running shows behind me. Didn't have an inkling that it was with my ex shawty but i found out that he was always uncomfortable anytime I knocked at his door and he was on a call.

You know the saying; one day for the thief other days for the owner. We were watching TV and his phone rings and I see a picture of my ex shawty calling. I confront him and he says it is nothing.

What I didn't know was that the dude had gone to do introduction with her and he was planning to marry her in a few months. I was mad. Gave him the whole guy code story but dude won't relent and opted to carry on.
Anyway long story short the fool married the babe and our friendship ended afterwards. Of course he left my house and I had strong words for the babe too. I felt betrayed but what can I say. Love is a foolish something.

One thing is certain he will get what is coming to him sooner than he can imagine.

Dude, no amount of preaching will change your mumuness but let's be clear. The universe will get you.

Aba! This matter or another one? Take it easy oh!
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by MARX77(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
pauloemeka:

well don't be surprised when eventually she cheats on you with your best friend
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by pauloemeka(m): 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2018
AryEmber:
Aba! This matter or another one? Take it easy oh!
abeg! help me tell am....no be me koba him..
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by pauloemeka(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2018
acxlers2014:

i see you are choked already... free your self bro... and move on..
I seek for advise but am the one advising now..
and I will advise u to stop rendering curses on your self.
Re: I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? by YoungHunter: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
An ex is an EX o.
Somebody that already expired, so there is nothing bad entirely being that it is a free world.
Don't forget that everybody has an ex, so what's the biggie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Covers His Girlfriend's Face, Takes Her To The Beach And Proposes To Her / Lies Nigerians Fall For In Relationships / 10 Types Of Assistant Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.