Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,702 members, 7,840,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why Do Educated Female Marry Late - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Educated Female Marry Late (7712 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Is Handsome And Educated, But Poor? / He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 7:27am On Aug 12, 2010
Like other posters have said, some women don't think being married and popping babies at 22 is a priority and we should be able to do with our lives as we wish instead of conforming to what society expects of us. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .as for me, I make my own rules! At "marriage and baby making age" most people/women have no business being wives let alone mothers to anyone when they still have to figure themselves out!

Marriage and babies are not a marathon to see who gets there first. . . . . . . .
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2010
^^^ This is the best response I've heard. A lot of men fail to realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 7:40am On Aug 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

^^^ This is the best response I've heard. A lot of men fail to realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Most are delusional like that . . . . . . . . . . whose life it is anyway!!!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2010
When you point things like this out to men especially Nigerian men, they pull out the feminist card and say your "too westernized". It really gets on my nerve when I hear that angry
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by lovemoi2(f): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2010
I still dont see the importance of marriage except 4 d whole fornication whatever (yeah i turned born again n loving it). Anyway, just had my masters and started travelling around again and got more travelling 2 do.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2010
Marriage is only good for legal purposes, aside from that I wouldn't do it.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2010
I have a friend who married when we were just 23, I chose to travel the world and don't regret it one bit. . . anyway, the friend got divorced at 28, fortunately for her there were no children produced in that marriage, she is now single and happier than she was when married to that loser (I have a reason for calling him a loser).
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2010
Did you feel pressure from your family to get married?
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2010
NEVER, I still don't. . .I come from a pretty liberal family so there was never any pressure to get married, instead my parents were happy to let me travel and "find" myself! smiley

For me it is about happiness first, I would rather be a happy single than an unhappy married woman. . . I have seen too many unhappy people in marriages, for some reason, the woman becomes the property of the man after the ring and she has to mould herself into that which is "expected" of her while most men remain their old selves, I fail to understand how someone can make another happy while they are unhappy themselves,
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2010
SA GOddess, No joke. ok, would u marry me for my moiney although I drives a Range rova spot and i own a BMW and I own 2 hair dreesa salon?
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MOBO444(f): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2010
I have read all the reply here and to be honest i am still very much disappointed in the women folks in general, and the funny things is all them women folks always live to regret it, most especially the once that went to small school, most of them now try to buy husband these days (but it not working).
 They have to be submissive to we MEN and their mothers always mislead them anyway, their mother want to re live their failed life in their daughter.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2010
Too much education is never good for a woman, It stop them from being good house wifes (BBC Report: 1985)
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2010
No one is preventing you from going to get an uneducated wife from the village cork, go ahead!

I love money but I have to be inlove with the owner of the money first before I can get to $$$ so you can keep your Range Rover for your village wife!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2010
SA Goddenes u r beautiful but u r too edukated & slightly stressfull. How do u ecpect to ctah a man? A man needs a woman who can obey and submit, and not a

woman who has 30 degrees and speaks too much grammar. Am ready to treat u rights and buy u things & things. I own 3 car: Range Rovar, BMW and a Gulf GTI
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2010
@Last two guys you're talking rubbish. Not surprised two would say something like that.

SA Goddess:

NEVER, I still don't. . .I come from a pretty liberal family so there was never any pressure to get married, instead my parents were happy to let me travel and "find" myself!   smiley

For me it is about happiness first, I would rather be a happy single than an unhappy married woman. . . I have seen too many unhappy people in marriages, for some reason, the woman becomes the property of the man after the ring and she has to mould herself into that which is "expected" of her while most men remain their old selves, I fail to understand how someone can make another happy while they are unhappy themselves,

@SA Goddess, its very refreshing to see an African woman as liberal as yourself. Unfortunately for me, I don't come across African women like you too often. The whole living to please men crap really irks me. The things you wrote about women molding themselves kinda reminds me of when I talk to my mom, sometimes she may see something on tv and say something along the lines like "When you have kids, ". The idea that I'm expected to have children just makes me go  tongue.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2010
But isnt it a womans duty to submit to us? give us things & things whenever we demand it, and not curse us out?

WellI still belive too much education is bad for women.

Thats why Village girls are usually the best (no offense)
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2010
Arrgh, Mr Cork you disgust me. I almost threw up in my mouth reading what you wrote  angry Its hard to believe that men like you aren't extinct yet. And who told you that a woman's duty is to submit to you?? Tufiakwa
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2010
@ Inked - Unfortunately there are a lot of men out there who still think the way Cork does and these are the ones that believe a woman is their slave to serve their every need, he is not the only one and that is the kind of man I stay away from, the oppressive kind!

Men like Cork think money will get them any woman they want JUST because he is monied (if he is at all) and there are girls who would tolerate his uncultured ways just to get a piece of his money, whatever blows their hair back man but I stay away from such poison, highly toxic!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by dboss4life: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2010
SA Goddess, i want to just advice u and other fellow nairaland single ladies that no matter the number of degrees u have or d quantum of money u have, if u are not married nobody even amongst ur fellow women will have any regard for u, everyone will look at u with d eye of a rich and irresponsible prostitute. so all of u should better start thinking of getting married and settling down or else u will all have urselves to blame later in life, mark my words.

The beauty of a woman is having a good husband who will take care of her and protect her that is the way God made it to be.  no amount of degrees or money can change this. The bible clearly stated it that a woman should be submissive to her husband, the bible cannot lie and any woman who tries to go against this commandment can never have a peaceful home.

The reason why alot of marriages are ending up in divorce this days is because women no longer want to be submissive to their man again as a result of one useless certificate they have acquired that will get them no where.

If a woman like, let her be a professor, without a man, she is nothing and nobody will have regard whatsoever for her. so SA Goddess u better start thinking of settling down into a married life or else u will have urself to blame at the end of the day.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2010
Ladies, No offence. Women like moiney and i Have moiney. I have always used moiney to get women and they love it. So why do u play hard to get when u clearly know its your job to please us? I still dont get it. You cant even rob a girls Nyansh in a club when dancin with her, without gettin cursed out? why? wher is the respect? wher is the love? wher is the culture? (no offence)

I dont belive in equality coz it dosent exist. Education or no education, a woman must NO her role (BBC report: 1994)

Its women like u that make men just go pay for punny (stress free punny, no strings attached)
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2010
MOBO444:

I have read all the reply here and to be honest i am still very much disappointed in the women folks in general, and the funny things is all them women folks always live to regret it, most especially the once that went to small school, most of them now try to buy husband these days (but it not working).
 They have to be submissive to we MEN and their mothers always mislead them anyway, their mother want to re live their failed life in their daughter.

You guys talk this submissive stough, but have completely abused the meaning! Being submissive  is all about choice. It is a commitment to lift up your man, while encouraging him, and being his helpmate through life while allowing him to be the head of your household. It is not the same as being subservient, or being a slave . It does not mean being weak, helpless, or inferior. I can still be educated, and be submissive! I can still have my own opinion and be submissive!!!!! In the Biblical sense, the term submissive does not mean bowing and scraping to your husband, or allowing him to use you at his whim. In fact, men are suppose to esteem their wives and love them as much as they love their own lives. The idea that the choice to be submissive means women can be mistreated is just bull s*it!  Women were never intended to be doormats! Men these days especially in Nigeria are starting to  abuse this privilege. The Bible instructs men to be leaders of the household, but over and over, leadership roles are described as serving those whom one leads. A scripture reference that elaborates this point is Ephesians 5:25. "Husbands, love your wives as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her." That doesn't sound like a license to use one's wife or treat her as inferior.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2010
And again, how many very well educated women have husbands? just 2%!!!

What is wrong in being submisive? Thats the main reason why Men cheat. I blame women!!! (no offense)
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2010
Again, whose life is it, mine or my friends'?

And of course you had to quote the BIBLE to support your argument, that is your point of reference NOT MINE!

I don't see what the problem is here, surely we all have choices in life and only we can live with teh choices we make, if I suffer later because I am unmarried, still it's my life to deal with, nothing to do with you! And it is not about the degrees people, it is about having choices. . . imagine we all flocked towards the sea without any questions just because someone said that was the direction to take, not me thanks!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2010
dboss4life:

The reason why alot of marriages are ending up in divorce this days is because women no longer want to be submissive to their man again as a result of one useless certificate they have acquired that will get them no where.

No the reason why a lot of marriages are ending in divorce is because as a society we deem divorce acceptable. It is now ok to stand before GOD on the altar and make vows, and not stick to them?  All for the sake of my wife isn't submissive enough to me!! Lets get a grip folks!  If you cant tolerate an educated woman, because you have no education yourself- then do not marry her ass!  Education, and submissiveness do not go hand in hand- it deals with family up bringing. Being educated is not permission to ignore one's husband- as being a man does not give you the license to abuse a woman! Men get your ego in check-and deal with it. Think of this educated woman turns to be your daughter or sister?
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2010
Mr Cork:

Ladies, [b]No offence. Women like moiney and i Have moiney. I have always used moiney to get women and they love it. So why do u play hard to get when u clearly know its your job to please us? I still dont get it. You cant even rob a girls Nyansh in a club when dancin with her, without gettin cursed out? why? wher is the respect? wher is the love? wher is the culture? (no offence)

I dont belive in equality coz it dosent exist. Education or no education, a woman must NO her role (BBC report: 1994)

Its women like u that make men just go pay for punny (stress free punny, no strings attached)[/b]

. . . and it is goat herders like yourself with money but no brain that should be avoided at all cost if one wants a stress-free life!

What culture, to allow a backward man grope us just because he has money?  Bulldust!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrLoverMAn(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2010
Its really funny how you guys bang on about a woman been submissive.
Its almost like gossip to all of you.

As always people always take extracts from the bible that they want to preach and leave the other bits.
Am sure it also says "MEN LOVE YOUR WIVES"

Any woman will find it hard to be submissive to a man that doesn't love her or treat her right.
On the other hand I have seen were so called "strong independent"  woman that have it all worship the
ground their husband walk on, because he adores and worships her.

So please guys stop banging on about this submissiveness, without us also checking ourselves.

Am not surprised most ladies are not submissive to their husbands , the way most husbands chase
after other women and misbehave , how do they expect their wives to be submissive to them.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MrCork1: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2010
I touch a womans Nyansh anytime I want. I have moiney and I won nice Cars and Jeep (BMW X5 2009). Its just the way it is, women must be submisive

always coz u are meant to please us. Push your edukation to one side and just pls us, thats all we ask!!! No stress.

SA Goddess is one of the most difficult COokies on Niaraland. She playin hard to get and she dont want to submisiive
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2010
Mr Cork:

And again, how many very well educated women have husbands?  just 2%!!!

What is wrong in being submisive?  Thats the main reason why Men cheat. I blame women!!! (no offense)

Maybe in your imaginary world its 2%, but that number is way larger!!!! I pray that of your daughter wont fall in to that category of the un educated!!  You cheat because that is the choice you make- be a MAN and be accountable for your actions!!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2010
Thank you LoverMan. . . some of these men are just backward in their thinking and will quote any written word just to stress their point. I am not against marriage but I am against the pressure put on women to marry because it is expected of them to do so otherwise she is looked down upon! I am against marrying someone I don't gel with just because I am not getting any younger!

Cork, your reasoning ability is that of a 5 year old, maybe get that education while you got money, it will broaden your horizon, give it a try wink
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2010
Mr Cork:

I touch a womans Nyansh anytime I want. I have moiney and I won nice Cars and Jeep (BMW X5 2009). Its just the way it is, women must be submisive

always coz u are meant to please us. Push your edukation to one side and just pls us, thats all we ask!!!  No stress.

SA Goddess is one of the most difficult COokies on Niaraland. She playin hard to get and she dont want to submisiive

Now I am pulling your cards-  Having money means what, ? First its 2010 brother - upgrade yourself- I have! They are already selling 2011 models!! Some woman are blinded by shiny things *hence cars, jewlery etc, but now when my car is better than yours, and I match you dollar for dollar and then some- You are now   intimidated and you run, ? Because you cant feed me with lies and bulls&it, Secondly,  Are you even educated your self- the way you are talking doesn't say that!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by SAGoddess: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2010
Ladyjide:

Now I am pulling your cards- Having money means what, ? First its 2010 brother - upgrade yourself- I have! They are already selling 2011 models!! Some woman are blinded by shiny things *hence cars, jewlery etc, but now when my car is better than yours, and I match you dollar for dollar and then some- You are now intimidated and you run, ? Because you cant feed me with lies and bulls&it, Secondly, Are you even educated your self- the way you are talking doesn't say that!

Cork wants an illeterate wife for a reason, he never wants to be exposed . . .
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2010
SA Goddess:

Cork wants an illeterate wife for a reason, he never wants to be exposed . . .
Cork in my opinion if both you and your wife are illiterate then it wont work!! Someone in the house needs to be able to teach your children!! Seek woman that can at least write their own name!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Lady That Deliberately Loves To Wet Her Pant All The Time (photos) / You Were Driving Home And You Saw This. What Would You Do? (photo) / Why Ladies Really Pierce Their Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.