Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 (11493 Views)

Zakari Mijinyawa Confirms Escape Of Nadeem Anjarwalla, Binance Executive / PDP Cannot Dictate To Us How To Conduct Elections, INEC Speaks On Amina Zakari / INEC Appoints Amina Zakari As Head Of Collation Centre For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2019
The Amina Zakari wahala

1) Amina Zakari was appointed as a national electoral commissioner in 2014 by President Goodluck Jonathan in the run up to the 2015 elections. He said that he appointed her because he wanted someone with integrity in the position.

2) Professor Attahiru Jega's tenure as chairman of INEC came to an end and he decided that he didn't want to serve another term as INEC chairman (despite attempts by some people to convince him to serve one more term).

3) President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Amina Zakari as acting chair of INEC.

4) Rumours surfaced that Mrs Zakari was Buhari's daughter-in-law. The rumours stated that she was married to Buhari's son.

5) Mrs Zakari gave an interview in which she stated that she was not Buhari's in-law in any way.
https://www.nairaland.com/2544322/im-not-married-buharis-son

6) Elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai gave an interview to the Tribune Newspaper and he allegedly criticised the appointment of Mrs Zakari in that interview. He said that he knew Mrs Zakari's father very well (her father was the Emir of Kazaure). He said he knew her father before he became Emir and that her father married Buhari's sister, so it was wrong of Buhari to appoint her as INEC chair.
https://www.nairaland.com/2508932/amina-zakaris-father-married-buharis

7) Alhaji Yakasai gave an interview to Channels TV in which he stated that he never said the things that were published in the Tribune interview. He said that he never criticised the appointment of Mrs Zakari and the reporter added to what he actually said.

I did not criticize her appointment. A reporter only asked me to help him know about her if she was related to President Buhari. I said she was not. She is not even a blood relation of his. What happened is her father married the senior assistant to President Buhari and Buhari went to Kazaure, where her father is from, and stayed there for some time because of the way her father took him like a son.
https://web.archive.org/web/20151002032610/http://www.mailexpressonline.com/buhari-is-not-a-democrat-yakasai/

8 ) President Buhari appointed Professor Mahmud Yakub as INEC chair and the criticisms died down.

9) INEC announced the creation of 2 ad hoc committees ahead of the 2019 election. These are the committee on logistics and the committee on the collation center. Mrs Zakari was appointed as the head of the collation center committee.

10) People criticised INEC and Buhari for appointing Buhari's niece as the person to collate the election results.

11) However, INEC's statement about the creation of the committees shows that Mrs Zakari will not be involved in the collation of the results. Her job is to manage the collation center.

INEC has secured the use of the International Conference Center as the collation center (the same centre was used in 2015) and Mrs Zakari's job is to ensure that there is power at the center (generators/diesel, etc), ensure that there is internet connection for journalists, allocate spaces for OB vans and other equipment for live transmission of the event and ensure that TV stations have all they need to broadcast the event live, etc. It does not involve the actual collation of the result.

https://mobile.twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/1080836363333832704

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by PassingShot(m): 9:09am On Jan 04, 2019
PDP’s behavior is that of a hopeless party looking for just anything to blame their certain loss on. A frustrated set of looters headed by a fraudulent fugitive.

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by izzou(m): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2019
grin

Is there any other person apart from Zakari that can head this?

For the sake of peace and transparency, can't someone else head it? Thats my question

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by alizma: 9:11am On Jan 04, 2019
PDP is looking for anything possible to destroy our democracy. they are no longer OK with the electoral law they signed and used for years and now they are not comfortable with someone their government ones appointed based on integrity.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:22am On Jan 04, 2019
Amina Zakari was allegedly first described as Buhari’s niece on July 27, 2015, in a report by Nigerian Tribune which had claimed that President Buhari was related to Amina Zakari. It had quoted a supporter of then president Jonathan, Alhaji Tanko Yakassa as saying, “I know that the woman from her childhood. Her father worked with me as my Permanent Secretary before later he became the Emir of Kazaure. We maintained a cordial relationship until he passed on. 

However, the relationship between him and Buhari is something that I know of. Anybody around during that time also can confirm this. He (the late Emir) married the senior sister to Buhariand he (Buhari) started his childhood in the late emir’s house. The mother of this woman (Zakari) was either the first or second wife. Aside from that, Buhari stayed with him for sometime in Kazaure. I know that the relationship is true.” 

However, Yakassai had, on September 8, 2015, in another interview on Channels TV, denied Amina Zakari’s relations with Buhari. He had said that his actual words were manipulated by some parties. He was later quoted to have said that “Somebody added something because I did not criticize her or her appointment. She is my daughter and a friend to her father was at one time my permanent secretary. Her mother is a friend to my senior wife. She is a friend to some of my children. I see no reason why I should criticize her.” 

He had also said that Amina’s “neutrality should not be contested on the grounds of familiarity with the president because she is entitled to the post as a Nigerian and a qualified professional.” 

DISTRACTIONS. DISTRACTIONS. DISTRACTIONS.
Its good to know Daddy keeps ignoring the fools.

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2019
angry
My concern is simple, INEC should act to show they are truly INDEPENDENT!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2019
PassingShot:
PDP’s behavior is that of a hopeless party looking for just anything to blame their certain loss on. A frustrated set of looters headed by a fraudulent fugitive.
They are bunch of desperate politicians.
This shenanigan is Nothing but distractions towards the presidential election NEXT month.
But no matter what the thieving party comes up with.....

4 + 4 will always be 8.

(Picture Fresh from Aso Villa, straight
to Yours truly
!)

God bless the BEAUTIFUL wife of our President.
NessaBoo, Isn't she LOVELY?!
*winks*

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by helinues: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2019
Pdp already running out of ideas

Etisalat, keystone banks, Amina appointments... Wailing with no back up

40+ days to the general election, no campaign from the 2 major party.

Atiku lost it already.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by yomalex(m): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2019
Hmm
Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by hucienda: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2019
Good analysis.

But for sake of sensitivity, it would be better another individual heads that to prevent avoidable stories 'cos it looks suspicious. Elections are sensitive affairs - not less this particular cycle - and INEC should not be seen as tainted and partial in the eyes of the public. She can be posted to somewhere else to render her service.

14 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by dannybomb(m): 9:25am On Jan 04, 2019
how I wish GEJ had appointed his brother as inec chairman, all this buhari wahapa we for no see am

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by deafeyez: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2019
Amina must relinquish that position with immediate effect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by Emekadollars(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2019
I'm not even understanding...

I sell all kinds of furniture both home and office.
Phone/WhatsApp 07013038612.

1 Like

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by deepwater(f): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2019
The grand father of nairaland

7 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by CilicMarin: 9:26am On Jan 04, 2019
Atiku, PDP know they stand no chance next month but like Fayose, they just want create unnecessary drama around the anticipated loss...

In anyway, PDP will collapse after the election...As It will lose Akwaibom, Delta and Rivers States in the minimum.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by allthingsgood: 9:27am On Jan 04, 2019
PDP is just looking for excuse to save face when they inevitably lose

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by MrMystrO(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2019
PDP is clueless. I wonder what the fuss is all about really??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2019
izzou:
grin

For the sake of peace and transparency, can't someone else head it? Thats my question

Would you be happy if you were denied a job you merited, just because of some malicious propaganda from liars?

Would you be happy to lose your job 'for the sake of peace and transparency', even when theres really no threat to peace and transparency?

Answer with the fear of God.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by infocabal(m): 9:28am On Jan 04, 2019
Seriously APC is not ready for a free and fair Election.

Barely 2 months to election, you make this kind of controversial changes..

Even the Nigerian Police have have removed 14 CP, to be changed soon, just barely 2 months to Election.

But to sign Electoral Amendment bill since last year July na wahala.

What a country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by arabbunkum: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2019
It's still a wrong move.

5 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by texazzpete(m): 9:28am On Jan 04, 2019
dannybomb:
how I wish GEJ had appointed his brother as inec chairman, all this buhari wahapa we for no see am

How I wish you could read.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by quickberry(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2019
grin
Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by AngelicBeing: 9:29am On Jan 04, 2019
izzou:
grin

Yes, I will head it but I must be given 700 billion dollars to rig the election in favor of the highest bidder tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by DMerciful(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2019
Bubu is just running amorc with these appointments. His loss is inevitable

2 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by MadamExcellency: 9:30am On Jan 04, 2019
She has become too controversial...

If the parties don't trust her, change her. We don't want war after the election because of the "perception" opposition has on the umpire

8 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by izzou(m): 9:30am On Jan 04, 2019
texazzpete:

Would you be happy if you were denied a job you merited, just because of some malicious propaganda from liars?

Would you be happy to lose your job 'for the sake of peace and transparency', even when theres really no threat to peace and transparency?

This is an appointment oga. No need to be emotional

She is qualified for the job, doesn't mean she's next in line. Ministers are appointed, not promoted. Hope you understand?

Like I asked, is there nobody else for the job?

15 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by BlessSammy(m): 9:30am On Jan 04, 2019
Emmmm just passing! Am tired of everything happening in this country already
Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by Kundagarten: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2019
[s]
texazzpete:

[/s]
Is she the only one working at INEC?

7 Likes

Re: The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2 by izzou(m): 9:31am On Jan 04, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Yes, I will head it but I must be given 700 billion dollars to rig the election in favor of the highest bidder tongue

grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Omo-Agege, Wase At State House / Fani-Kayode: Peter Obi Taking Votes From PDP In The South-East / 100 Achievements Of Governor Engr. Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.