Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets (9206 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
@Jakumo is so sweet on Jonathan that he has been coming up with some really terrible reasons for why Jonathan ought to be praised by all. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by pappy4real(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2010
just passing singing "too much money my da problems how to spend it"
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by monkeyleg: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2010
I dont know about u guys, but I am just sick and tired of all this rubbish. The country is just rotten beyond belief. They are all common thieves, and Jonathan is providing to be just the same. I honestly think that we are fast passing the point were Nigeria can be sorted out through any peaceful means.
The depth of rot is just staggering
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
Why do we spend money on things that does not matter and neglects important things?
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by princekevo(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
No wonder there is no progress in Nigeria. We are whining abt the current old men running the country as their private business, but i see a greater danger in future with the kind of youths we have today.

Am jst sitting reading some comments from youths who have one time or the other on NL agitated for progress and change in Nigeria. I cant imagine people i thought were reasonable trying to justify the need of 3 presidential private jets at this moment we have a major expenditure ahead of us jst in January. Why? becoz the president is our own man, he is from ND, as if that will put food on the table of men, women and our children dying of oil and gas pollution in ND. What a crap!!!!

JSt two days ago i read in an article of our president seeking to borrow $4.5b for infrastructure, and today they have approved buying 3 presidential jet. When does a jet become an infrastructure? What is the wisdom in a man claiming he need to borrow some money for his children's school and yet proposing to buy 3cars at the same time? Will people around him not see him as a mad and confused man? That is what we are seeing our president to be.

They can purchase as many jet as they want while we keep on using the valleys of shadows of death called roads, but one thing is sure, they will never fly higher than God. No one will see a pcs of their flesh for burial the day God will Judge them.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by monkeyleg: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2010
I am excited that men and women from ND are not letting sentiments cloud good judgement. Goodluck has made a lot of rubbish decisions and should be told so.

The man is cluesless and not one I will be supporting come next election. I am convinced that the depth of corruption and mismanagement in Nigeria can not be fixed with sofri-sofri approach
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Obinoscopy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2010
This is the Jonathan we are all clamoring for. They are all the same, BLOODY POLITICIANS!!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by hercules07: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
You guys are taking Jakumo too seriously, he is just mocking Jonathan
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Gbawe: 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
princekevo:

No wonder there is no progress in Nigeria. We are whining abt the current old men running the country as their private business, but i see a greater danger in future with the kind of youths we have today.

Am jst sitting reading some comments from youths who have one time or the other on NL agitated for progress and change in Nigeria. I cant imagine people i thought were reasonable trying to justify the need of 3 presidential private jets at this moment we have a major expenditure ahead of us jst in January. Why? becoz the president is our own man, he is from ND, as if that will put food on the table of men, women and our children dying of oil and gas pollution in ND. What a crap!!!!

JSt two days ago i read in an article of our president seeking to borrow $4.5b for infrastructure, and today they have approved buying 3 presidential jet. When does a jet become an infrastructure? What is the wisdom in a man claiming he need to borrow some money for his children's school and yet proposing to buy 3cars at the same time? Will people around him not see him as a mad and confused man? That is what we are seeing our president to be.

They can purchase as many jet as they want while we keep on using the valleys of shadows of death called roads, but one thing is sure, they will never fly higher than God. No one will see a pcs of their flesh for burial the day God will Judge them.

Thank you my brother !!! Everything Jonathan is doing reeks of the 'throw money at everyone' desperation OBJ thought he could use to win a third term . OBJ cynically raided the PTDF and other 'cash cows' to finance his third term agenda. It is only ND bigots who will not admit that Jonathan is doing precisely the same thing i.e cynically using the power of the Presidency to loot Nigeria just to achieve an agenda that will see us gain indolent thieves everywhere just so that men who do not want the progress of Nigeria remain in control. Some folks fail to see that it is the most corrupt folks in the history of Nigeria who are behind Jonathan while not even one Nigerian Icon of brave struggle and sagacity has endorsed Jonathan . Go figure .

A "messiah" who is currently not backed by those who have put their lives on the line for Nigeria while many of Jonathan's current supporters were hiding under rocks when Mr.President was being bullied by Turai Yar Adua !!! Ridiculous !!!!! Jonathan's supporters on Nairaland should just name a few Nigerians who are , without arguement  , loved and respected by all Nigerians , as per their selfless struggle for our nation, who are behind Jonathan.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by olaolabiy: 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2010
i used to respect jakumo, but, not anymore. i have to say this again: our leaders are not the problem but our collective mentality as a people; as ngerians. we are mostly not fair, just or objective. imagine somebody like jakumo arguing just because gej comes from ND. what if it'd been a yakasai, or an abubakar? her reasoning faculty - beclouded by tribal considerations; is now incapable of rational judgement.
is the black man really that doomed? anything jakumo says becomes irrelevant to me from this day on.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 13, 2010
See wikileaks in october!!! Download this revolution!!! Nigerian revolution will be televised!!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Jakumo(m): 7:16am On Aug 13, 2010
For those who rarely visit Nigeria, it would be instructive to note that the entire nation has languished in a virtually uninterrupted electrical power blackout for the past 30 years, BUT, in addressing that state of permanent darkness, the current Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan is incrementally accomplishing what NO other predecessor even bothered to attempt.  If the provision of steady and reliable electrical power turns out to be the ONLY accomplishment recorded by the administration of Jonathan Goodluck, I for one would consider the man to be a modern African hero unmatched by any other, living or dead.

Goodluck is revitalizing Nigeria's electrical power generation and distribution grid with MASSIVE funding infusions, and THAT is what sets him apart from all the previous vagabonds that rigged their way into power as Nigerian heads of state.   Without electrical power there can be NO globally competitive industry in Nigeria, and without industry, crime rates will continue to skyrocket as they have in geometric fashion during the past three-decade national blackout.

Provide the whole of Nigeria with electricity, Jonathan Goodluck, and you can cruise in a different corporate jet for every day of the week, if you so desire, and I will still tell my grandchildren about that silent visionary achiever from the Niger Delta.  Conversely, should you falter and lose momentum in your mission to light up Nigeria with electrical power, history will note that epic failure and revile you accordingly.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Gbawe: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2010
ola olabiy:

i used to respect jakumo, but, not anymore. i have to say this again: our leaders are not the problem but our collective mentality as a people; as ngerians. we are mostly not fair, just or objective. imagine somebody like jakumo arguing just because gej comes from ND. what if it'd been a yakasai, or an abubakar? her reasoning faculty - beclouded by tribal considerations; is now incapable of rational judgement.
is the black man really that doomed?
anything jakumo says becomes irrelevant to me from this day on.

I totally agree with you and I have stated the same recently. All Nigerians who are genuinely detribalised have seen through Jonathan. It is only his kinsmen that have somehow become blind to all the actions of Jonathan that are terrible indicators , coupled with his mediocre leadership history, of how Nigeria will be in serious trouble if Jonathan remains in 2011. When you see folks on Nairaland argueing blindly and decietfully in favour of Jonathan, please note that they are likely to be his bigoted kinsmen. On another thread I asked some folks if they are Jonathan's kinsmen and they failed to respond !!! Go figure.

Right now, it is obvious that it is only Jonathan's myopic kinsmen who will ignore anything , however bad, Jonathan does to continue to proclaim this dull , clueless and corrupt man the Messiah . Below is what I wrote on another thread. It is the truth most Nigerians are saying that only Jonathan's kinsmen are refuting . My brother forget about "losing respect" for some folks . Just pity them because , regardless of how well they right, they now show that they are tribalistic local champions who cannot see issues beyond their region of origin.

This is one of the reasons why Nigeria does not work - i.e even the most obviously intelligent Nigerians cannot totally shun tribalism and clannish consideration to see what is right or wrong for Nigeria. Bigots will scream when other , not from their region, lead Nigeria wrongly but will suddenly become silent , or even defensive, when their own "son" is plundering Nigeria cluelessly.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-495105.0.html

Indeed. indolent Criminals , like Jonathan's 'buddy' Alao-Akala, would 'win' power everywhere. Nigeria will be in trouble. Furthermore , it is obvious that the most grotesquely corrupt Nigerians have found their Messiah in Jonathan. They are flocking to him in droves . Even Aondoakaa is now Jonathan's 'pal'. In a time when the Prime Minister of relatively rich UK decides to fly on commercial airlines to empathise with British folks over the choking credit crunch , Jonathan is insensitively buying aircrafts for 23 billion Naira in a nation where 70% of folks live in poverty !!! Yet some , mainly bigots from the ND region, shun the disastrous and blatantly insensitive actions of Jonathan to proclaim that he is the man to lead us forward !!!!

Money is flowing out of our treasury irresponsibly under Jonathan in a sure sign that treasury looting will be the norm next year if Jonathan becomes President. Billions was insensitively approved for Nigeria's 50th celebration when a decent President will realise that an austere celebration is appropriate and in order since we really have nothing to celebrate .

Thieves , fraudsters and criminals recieved national honour under Jonathan . Our debt profile is about to go up to the tune of $4.4 billion to support the massive bribes to the 'establishment' required to achieve Jonathan's callous ambition while Mr. President lies that the money is required for "infrastructural development" . Now , Jonathan wan't to spend 23 billion Naira on the addition of three Planes to the Presidential fleet.

Jonathan's daily actions reveals a desperation to irresponsibly throw Nigeria's money at an unpopular project same as OBJ was looting everything lootable in Nigeria just to gain a third term in office. Nigeria will be in trouble if this man retains the Presidency in 2011 because he will be the direct stooge of the most corrupt and avaricious Nigerians alive  . His desperation for power , he cannot ordinarily win on merit , now sees him signing massive inducement cheques with ease. Nigerians should be highly worried .
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by soncostar: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by cupid4ig(m): 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2010
my fellow country men and wemen make una no worry cos God dey. na this plane way them they buy na him go crash them. so they go they carry our money go without disturbance.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by marcus1234: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Akanbiedu(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
ola olabiy:

is the black man really that doomed? anything jakumo says becomes irrelevant to me from this day on.

Your respect might not be unconnected with his GRAMMAR. Good english does not translate to good reasoning.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by chinakobo(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2010
1-1= GOODLUCK JONATHAN

His good work are always diminished by his bad side! Hope we are not heading to some kind of FESTAC ''77 jamboree that destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2010
ola olabiy:

Oh come on now, there are lots of people on here who have their own obsessions/candidates they are sweet on. If it turns out that @Jakumo is actually sweet on Jonathan, then he is only one of the many on here who happen to have their own. I mean we have those who are are

a) Obsessed with Ribadu -- I mean the man has next to nothing as a record but they will argue day and night that he is saviour

b) Obsessed with Jonathan -- Even more than 6 months in control, they still have EXCUSES up the wazoo for his inability to solidly get things cracking in the country.

c) Obsessed with IBB -- You probably already know all of those by now as they have been expressing their love for years

d) Obsessed with opening the eyes of folks to how misquoting Dora"the explorer's" does not help them in anyway  --- that would be the category I belong to, especially when high on caffeine ROFLMAO

d) Obsessed with Fashola -- These folks almost all behave like rabid dogs. You can't reason with majority of them in anyway

e) Obsessed with Biafra -- lately, seems they are cooling down a bit

f) Obsessed with ND -- These folks will  . . . . you will likely find out if you hang in a bit longer

Added later on 

g) Obsessed with never reading posts right . . . . these people can get under your skin easy . . . and they go on to think whatever it is they have to say matters even with the first mistake

h) Obsessed with other posters . . . . you probably know some of them . .  I call them internet bullies . . . they attack specific folks for having an opinion on issues. And once they bite, it is hard to get them off you. Like that ugly insect that ibo's claim will hang on until lightning strikes again . . . ROFLMAO

i) Obsessed with OBJ . . . . either for or against

And the list goes on . . . .

So, you see, if you are here looking for folks to respect, you are so in the wrong place. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Your respect might not be unconnected with his GRAMMAR. Good english does not translate to good reasoning.
oops. . .atleast,you can learn grammar from him even without the intel.LWKMD
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh come on now, there are lots of people on here who have their own obsessions/candidates they are sweet on. If it turns out that @Jakumo is actually sweet on Jonathan, then he is only one of the many on here who happen to have their own. I mean we have those who are are

a) Obsessed with Ribadu -- I mean the man has next to nothing as a record but they will argue day and night that he is saviour

b) Obsessed with Jonathan -- Even more than 6 months in control, they still have EXCUSES up the wazoo for his inability to solidly get things cracking in the country.

c) Obsessed with IBB -- You probably already know all of those by now as they have been expressing their love for years

d) Obsessed with opening the eyes of folks to how misquoting Dora"the explorer's" does not help them in anyway --- that would be the category I belong to, especially when high on caffeine ROFLMAO

d) Obsessed with Fashola -- These folks almost all behave like rabid dogs. You can't reason with majority of them in anyway

e) Obsessed with Biafra -- lately, seems they are cooling down a bit

f) Obsessed with ND -- These folks will . . . . you will likely find out if you hang in a bit longer

And the list goes on . . . .

So, you see, if you are here looking for folks to respect, you are so in the wrong place. ROFLMAO!!
So where do you belong ?
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2010
I get irritated by folks who don't read posts well to understand what is being said . .  . worse if they launch an insane attack and think they can get away with it  undecided lipsrsealed

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by shesi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
WTF people of Nigeria ARISE.

how the herlll can an impoverised country like Nigeria justify a $150mil presidential jet. to go where? ridiculous.

i swear if nigeria is the same miserable country it is now in 5 years, i myself will lead a revolution. i will organize it so well they won't know what hit em. they will wake up one morning and find they're all prisoners on the run.

who's with me -

i think it's time to start building ranks for the time that shall surely be.

thumps up if you're ready to stand up. men or women.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I get irritated by folks who don't read posts well to understand what is being said . .  . worse if they launch an insane attack and think they can get away with it  undecided lipsrsealed

ROFLMAO!!
Is this necessary ? Just a simple question and you are barking maybe you forgot that a logical ideology is driven by certain principles which i guess you don't have.my bad
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by jokingmary(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by chidichris(m): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2010
if i am goodluck, i will make sure every senator and minister gets at least one jet.
we will remember under obasanjo, one of his aides (andy Uba) was caught in money laundary in the usa via our presidential jet.
these jets when he buys them, will help his aides to easily carry our funds to various locations at the same time and thereby making looting an easy job.
because we do not have problems, because we have attended highest level of developments, because we have excess cash, all we need to do now is to let the president buy more yatches, planes, trains and if possible presidential ships.
by the way, our president is supposed to have a house in the moon.
pdp has no agenda and as long as pdp remains in  power especially with this new found one party system of government, it is obvious zimbabwe will soon be better than nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is this necessary ? Just a simple question and you are barking maybe you forgot that a logical ideology is driven by certain principles which i guess you don't have.my bad

shocked YOU freaking asked a question and I gave you an answer. . . now are rambling about logical ideology and telling me I am barking? how? What the heck ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by EzeUche22(m): 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2010
All Nigerian politicians desserve to be shot for this nonsense!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by kcblast(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2010
whaaaat!! angry
and i don't even have bike 2 zoom around sad cry cry cry
tis is absolutely craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazyyy angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by CGKing(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
Does he even fly around that much? When are we going to start thinking? The chinese, as wicked as they may be, are hard thinking how to resolve trafic situations and drug peddling. The heart of the Nigeria must be stone cold hard.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by jerryben12: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2010
Stupid if this is true! What happened to his former jets? Why not buy extended warranty on them?
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by marcus1234: 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants / Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.