Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,669 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? (1424 Views)

What’s The Perfect Age Gap For An Ideal Relationship? / You Find Out She Has A Fake Butt Three Weeks Into Dating. What Do You Do? / My Friend And My Boyfriend Are Dating. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by timcurrant(m): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2010
As I get older I find myself hesitant to date someone much younger than me but at the same time the range I'm willing to try increases.

Do you feel the same?

What's a reasonable gap for you?

Any exceptional experiences?
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by InkedNerd(f): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2010
Personally, I don't mind dating an older man. Even when I was a little kid, I noticed that I was attracted to older boys. Now, that I'm older, most guys that I get involved with tend to be 4-5 years older than me. I don't mind dating someone who was much older than me. Age is just a number to me.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by coolier(f): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2010
To me age is just a number, I deal with the Soul.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2010
Hey i don't mind dating my elderly one its even more of high repute to me though the little ones are more active esp in the bed but there sense of thinking is too lowwwww embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by iice(f): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2010
Older/younger. . .i could do so long as his mentally/emotionally older than i am. But 20yrs older physically. . .no.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by coalcoal1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2010
iice:

Older/younger. . .i could do so long as his mentally/emotionally older than i am.  But 20yrs older physically. . .no. 

what about 20yrs younger physically?
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by 5p1naz(m): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2010
wont date if she's n0t 70 n above. . . i love the hundreds tho. . . they blow u to death. . . toothless yea. , .
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by iice(f): 4:13am On Aug 16, 2010
coal_coal:

what about 20yrs younger physically?

No.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2010
20 years older (at the most)
erm. . . younger? depends on the age you are. . . but at the age I'm at now. . . NO MORE THAN 2!!!
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by MrCork1: 8:27am On Aug 16, 2010
AGes is a number!!
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by 1759(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2010
Ideally, I would prefer her not to be more than 6 years younger than me. She can be older though.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by skyndyp(f): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2010
My beau is 10yrs older than me. I guess i've always loved them that way
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by lordkrato(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2010
i laugh wen people say age is just a number becos it really is a form of consolation in most cases,

well@topic there is no limit to age except marriage,then the BIG game begins,imagine a guy bringing a babe 7yrs older than him 4 marriage,y'all might say wat u like but that is not the ideal person your parents would like.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Dijaay(f): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2010
to me 4yrs is okay. anything more than that is not acceptable
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by candylips(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2010
na the coco matter
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Agibecky: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2010
To me any female of 18 and above and attractive is qualified as long as she wants to roll with me in mutual consent.

I have dated older women, both white and black.

My present woman is 19.

I am hot even in my 40s and I prefer pretty and sexy models, actresses and muscians.

What matters most is to be honest and to trust each other.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2010
if she has a driving license and we are mutually attracted to each other then i will date anyone regardless of the age difference.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by strokein(f): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

if she has a driving license and we are mutually attracted to each other then i will date anyone regardless of the age difference.
Lmao @ driving license grin grin grin
what if you two are mutually attracted to each other but the driving license isnt there,does that mean she doesnt fit ya?
or hold on, when you mean driving license are you trying to say she must be more than 18?
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Ben13: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Just the affection is considered. Afterall some act older that their age.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Omolola1(f): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2010
The age doesn't matter! THE LOVE i and my partner share is all that matters

[size=5pt]but then i can't stand someone am older than [/size] wink
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2010
stroke-in:

Lmao @ driving license  grin grin grin
what if you two are mutually attracted to each other but the driving license isnt there,does that mean she doesnt fit ya?
or hold on, when you mean driving license are you trying to say she must be more than 18?

yeah its all about being an adult. in Europe, you have to be 18 to legally drive (alone) so to me its an age issue as i wouldnt want to end up in jail.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Spyker: 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
A man MUST be older than his wife, i don't care the difference. I won't marry an older lady. not even in the dream.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^^care to tell us why you would drop a gal just because she was older?!

where is the turnoff?
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by yme1(f): 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2010
for now i think the age does matter to me but i really dont know about later

my Man must be older than me,but younger or older he must be mentally matured
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

where is the turnoff?

they get inactive, more possesive. . . .and less fun i think (not speaking from experience)
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by yme1(f): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
*dhtml:

they get inactive, more possesive. . . .and less fun i think (not speaking from experience)
i might agree with you on the other except they get inactive, less fun
that is sooooooooo not true cause when an older lady lays hands on a guy him go speak in 15 tongues cheesy
most of them are fun in bed and outside bed
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Spyker: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

where is the turnoff?

Who says i want to date an older woman, if a woman hides her true age from me and i later find out, that's the end of the relationship. Lies about her age is my turnoff. I would not have being involved with her if i knew her real age.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by ak21(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
@Poster: professionally speaking, your age as a guy should of course, be more than the girl's.But the range is,that is, for the guy, your age MUST be half the girl's age plus 7years.So, mathematically, if your age as the guy is 30years per se, then, that of the girl should be 15 plus 7years, that is 22 years.So, apparently, th age gap between the guy and the girl who wishes to marry each other sould be 8years maximum!! Anything more or less, you could be risking a lot of other things.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
*dhtml:

i guess you already have a negative preconceived idea of women older than you. . . . . .  so where is the limit, if i may ask?! 1 day, 1week, 3months or 1yr or more older?
also, what about putting the pros and cons into the balance and look at the benefits of getting with someone older?

Spyker:

Who says i want to date an older woman, if a woman hides her true age from me and i later find out, that's the end of the relationship. Lies about her age is my turnoff. I would not have being involved with her if i knew her real age.

i am not talking about deceit but rather that you never ask her age because she "looked" younger and then finally realize down the line that she is actually older.
also you never gave a reason as to WHY you wouldnt date an older gal.
Re: Age Differences In Dating - What's The Gap For You? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
y me:

i might agree with you on the other except they get inactive, less fun
that is sooooooooo not true cause when an older lady lays hands on a guy him go speak in 15 tongues cheesy
most of them are fun in bed and outside bed
well, i happen to be speaking from experience. i date both older and younger ladies. Agreed, the older ladies are more experienced and stuffs, but not so keen as the younger ladies. Yes, i can easily make a younger lady speak in tongues than an older lady. . . .you know. . . . . .

but in reality, i date both younger, same age, and older. my current date is about 3-4 yrs older, and she is lots of fun, different from others i have dated so far, so that disproves my earlier statement, but on the majority. . . .i usually find younger more lively and more active. . .or maybe it is. . .just me

(1) (Reply)

Don't Underestimate The Strength Of A Woman: / Times He/she Stand Up For You Or Did Not Stand Up For You? / Deadly Terms Used By Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.