Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,001 members, 7,859,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial (52849 Views)

Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by BigIyanga: 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
I thought they had a watertight case against him?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Numlock: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
gaskiyamagana:
Even if he comes out clear from CCT, he will not supervise anything that has to do with this election because he is PDP card carrying member.

Funny, look at this kid.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by onatisi(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
Daviddson:
Really? This man should save himself the trouble and peacefully resign. I know it's not easy to give up ₦1bn, but take heart.
The man is playing a very very good game and it is the fg that is actually under pressure to quickly douse this issue. The timing of the whole thing makes it look very fishy and it makes it look as if the fg is trying to arm twist the judiciary. If they have done this last year noone would have raised any eyebrows, but with less than a month to the election and just about some few hours to the swearing in of election petition judges ,it makes the whole thing looks somehow,reason why the fg is now looking for a way to negotiate with him and make a deal with him. The last thing this government needs now is bad publicity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
yns4real:

But somebody must have initiated the deal. Do you think FG initiated the deal?
And you think the CJN turned down the deal he initiated? Lol

8 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by peacettw: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
ignant:
The FG is trying to use the technique of gaslighting to beat Onnoghen into acceptance.

The FG had ordered the disinformation against Onnoghen on the pages of the internet and social media, so as to convince YOU to convict Onnoghen in YOUR minds.

They claimed Onnoghen had sent his lawyers including Wole Olanipekun to meet Abba Kyari to seek a landing spot for him but Wole has denied that, claiming he has never met Kyari. https://punchng.com/onnoghen-i-wasnt-part-of-abba-kyari-meeting-olanipekun/

The foundation of the government's case is based on defective evidence because it acts on claims illegally gotten and there is also the possibility of a blowback, so they are trying to harass him into a plea bargain, which he has obviously rejected for a trial.

It was so glaring how the media was used here. Anyone following American politics can see the tell tale signs. That's why I am all for slugging it out in court to prove one's innocence

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Numlock: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
yns4real:

Whether FG or not why are they trying to force him to resign when the case is still in court?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Sunbrown22: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
Read below

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Deepthoughts: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
yns4real:

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/188192/
In all the write up here,there is no where it's pointed out that onnoghen should resign because he is guilty but simply because he is face by a strong force of an adversary!, nothing ventures nothing wins,saraki has already proove it, onnoghen should show courage n fight his case, those who are tempting him with those offers are equally afraid within them of the possible back fire effect of this case.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by bkool7(m): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
nymphomaniac:
Let all sides be heard. Why ask the CJN to resign and take a plea deal when they are the ones so sure he didn't disclose all his assets voluntarily.

Nkanu Ononghen has fighting spirit. Something ambode could not muster.

All corrupt awyers including myself stand with onnoghen, the rule of law and due process.

Fixed!
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by danchi2019(m): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
from what i understand their Atiku, Saraki etc had back up from him matter

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by KingOfAllIgbos: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
Option A : Resign and get some of the money....

Option B : Sue and lose it ALL i.e. jail + forfeiture of assets.

Before you even get to court, PMB has entered 2nd term.

Anybody chest-beaters support is bound to fail woefully

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by batstan(m): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
Nigeria's judicial system is a Deadpool.

Please shake the table properly and let's start from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by BrainSanitizer: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
My only duty is to look for money and buy data so I won't be missing nothing. Let me park here. LASTMA please don't disturb.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by asawanathegreat(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
Vote wisely
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
BigIyanga:
I thought they had a watertight case against him?

Which watertight case? Section 3(d) of the ccb act makes everything they have useless

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
gaskiyamagana:
Even if he comes out clear from CCT, he will not supervise anything that has to do with this election because he is PDP card carrying member.
Kids all over the net. Should APC rig the electuons, the case will be in supreme court in atleast about 18months. Onnoghen still has 2 years to reture. Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
Option A : Resign and get some of the money....

Option B : Sue and lose it ALL i.e. jail + forfeiture of assets.

Before you even get to court, PMB has entered 2nd term.

Anybody chest-beaters support is bound to fail woefully
Lol Onnoggen will most likely resume as CJN on Tuesday.Whether Buhari wins or not the chance of convicting Onnoggen is close to zero.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
yns4real:

if he was the one who initiated the deal, why should a prosecutor accept a deal design by a criminal to free himself from the hook? I thought we are fighting corruption? in humans world, no one offers the criminal a deal that save him from jail. they only offer him reduced time in jail for his cooperation so they can get information to nail other suspects from him. I don't know what other information FG is seeking that warrant offering him a deal since he is the only suspect in this case.

7 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by 0koyeeboz: 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
nymphomaniac:
Let all sides be heard. Why ask the CJN to resign and take a plea deal when they are the ones so sure he didn't disclose all his assets voluntarily.

All lawyers including myself stand with onnoghen, the rule of law and due process.

Which lawyers stand with Onnoghen? Speak for yourself only

I'm a lawyer and Onnoghen is on his own.

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by DMerciful(m): 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
Onnoghen, do not give up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by 0koyeeboz: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Lol Onnoggen will most likely resume as CJN on Tuesday.Whether Buhari wins or not the chance of convicting Onnoggen is close to zero.

You've started with your drunken permutations again.

Go and read that post again. Politicians backing Onnoghen are leaving him. His own lawyers are backing off.

You're the only one deceiving yourself here.

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by dokie: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
Numlock:

You think he doesn't know what he is doing, why are you saying he should resign when he not found quilty.?

These guys are jokers. This man has been judjing cases for decades. He is in the best position to know even better than the SANs if he has a case or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Timfreds(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
I like this for the CJN, the cabalistic Bubu government wants to blackmail him. They will not succeed.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
nymphomaniac:

All lawyers including myself stand with onnoghen, the rule of law and due process.
So you charge and bail lawyer de show face where lawyers are talking?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by SEONaijaExpert: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
nymphomaniac:

I laugh when I read things like this.
He's about to be disgraced out of his career if he's not smart to see the good intentions of the Presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Which lawyers stand with Onnoghen? Speak for yourself only

I'm a lawyer and Onnoghen is on his own.
The national executive of the NBA alongside countless SANs are standing by him.Who cares about your irrelevant opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
Daviddson:
Really? This man should save himself the trouble and peacefully resign. I know it's not easy to give up ₦1bn, but take heart.

If he resigns, he has destroyed his generation unborn. It is fight to the finish.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by AnanseK(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
nymphomaniac:

You can stand with him , you can even go to prison with him. He is daring the government when his life is socked in corruption. Let him continue

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
Saao:
I like that, from all I have seen so far that man is innocent. Let him go ahead and defend himself. Those mallam and alh thinks they owned Nigeria, that's what they have been doing to us Christians in the north.
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I laugh when I read things like this.
He's about to be disgraced out of his career if he's not smart to see the good intentions of the Presidency.
Disgraced indeed!! What do you have against him? Nothing!! He will be re-instated as CJN this week

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
princemillla:
Eyah I feel for him tho resigning wil be honorable but fighting to save name(money and Properties) may damage his future opportunities.

I wish him the best

Goodluck!!

There is no honor in resignation. What you call honor is a death trap to his children and children children.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Jowanson: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
yns4real:

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/188192/

The presidency don't even know who they are messing with.

Ononghen will not resign and he will follow the case to it's logical conclusion.

There are so many loopholes in onoghen's case that will put the presidency and those APC cabals trying to smear his name to shame!

All of them in the public office have skeletons in their cubboard!

Why did CCB deny Punch newspaper access to Amaechi, Kyari and co's CCB documents? That alone is a loophole in favour of Ononghen.. Why? The freedom of information is a law in Nigeria!

Like I said, who gave those information out to those who wrote the petitions against Ononghen?

Ononghen who is a legal luminary and who understands the game from the legal perspective will fight it out I the court to save his name...

It will be an interesting month no doubt!

And also...the CCT head..Umar already has a pending case with Efcc...and guess who took him to court...Keyamo! Who is now the APC alariwo! Noisemaker! Lolzzz

Now the whole thing will be that Umar is not fit to head the CCT cos he will not be fit to deliver a fair judgement... That is a twist to the whole Ononghen saga!
Lolzzzz.. The presidency never see something!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: "Buhari Copied GEJ By Wearing Army Uniform" - Presidency Replies / Thugs Attempting To Snatch Ballot Boxes In Akwa Ibom Caught, Beaten To Pulp (Pix / Femi Fani-Kayode Meets Femi Adesina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.