Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 (7577 Views)

APC Needs 21-Day Notice To Change Buni - INEC / APC Needs Credible Candidate To Win Anambra Guber — Moghalu / Tinubu To Atiku: You Can Strategize In Jungle, You’re Going Nowhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by FriendNG: 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
My prior thought was a walk over for Apc in the southwest. Not knowing I'm totally wrong.

It's supprising that the opposition candidate "Atiku" has not only win the 25% requirements in the 6 Southwestern states but also proceed to defeat the incubent "Muhammad Buhari" in some of the states.

Now let's look at the structure of Apc & Pdp in the Southwest.

1. APC

a. Vice President
b. National Leader
c. 6 Apc governors
d. Lagos Ogun and Oyo standard Gauge rail (linking 3 of the 6 south west states)
e. Road constructions like Lagos Ibadan express and others.

2. PDP:

a. No presidential candidate
b. No vice Presidential Candidate
c. No party chairman
e. Gov Wike even insult the SW.
d. Atiku fails to campaign in Ogun state.
f. No railway construction in the region for 16 years.
g. The roads were terrible during their time and now they are being reconstructed.

Seriously I cannot find a reason for the bad outing. Some blame it on governors but that cannot stand. We all know who we are voting for.

I can remember before the election there were serious debate on who should be Atiku's vice presidential candidate.

Some Yorubas suggest that Atiku should choose a Southwest VP to divide the Yoruba votes, because the SS - SE will naturally aligned with PDP. On the other hand the SE kicked the idea.

Here we are today & the SW votes has been divided even with no vice presidential candidate.

Or is it because Buhari is being accused of Islamization agenda by the likes of Ffk & some pastors?

Ironically Apc did well in the South south. Kudos to Ameachi, Oshiomole, Orji Kalu etc. Also Tinubu has done his best but the followers fail to vote APC.

Had Buhari/Osinbajo Reelection Fails, Who Will Be The Biggest Loser

1. The SW will lose the Vp while the north still has a president

2. The SE will have Peter Obi as vp

3. After Atiku - Obi tenure the presidency will then move to Southeast instead of southwest. And by the tradition it will come back to north again. That will have deprive the SW opportunity to produce a President for 16 years.

I have already come across messages on social media about how the south west dissapoint Buhari with some calling for a payback.

Make no mistake the southwest did nothing wrong. It's their own wish to vote who they want without being challenged. And I respect their decision.

But I must remind us politics is about interest & calculations. My own opinion is they have failed this time in their calculations and need to put their house in order ahead of 2023.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ghen Ghen....

1 Like

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Asshurbanipal: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
This is how the North keep deceiving the South. You want sw to vote buhari because of Osinbajo but you don't want NE to vote atiku their son. You threaten the South with "political oblivion" for different zones to get support for your inept government but you maintain the North as one despite some zones taking lion share leaving others with nothing. Atiku serves the interest of the yoruba mases better, they hate poverty which is normal in the north. They are getting wiser now to see that the so called "political relevance" is not actually a political interest. They have seen that political interest of a zone can be better protected by a candidate by another zone. This is why igbos voted obj/atiku in 2003 instead of buhari/okadigbo and now NE is voting buhari from NW instead of atiku their son. Yorubas have been playing narrow minded politics which buhari capitalised on in 2015 but they are maturing gradually. Atiku would have clearly won all states if not for Tinubu thugs. Apart from voting massively for atiku they are exposing the fraud in the north

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Biety: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
OP and any one asking this same question should remember that Aso rock is the place one would have expected Buhari to have a free ride,surprisingly he lost all the polling Units there to Atiku.
If you can explain the reason(s) the president lost aso rock polling Units to Atiku,you have the right to demand why Buhari did not perform as expected in SW. If you can't provide answer to that you have no reason asking SW APC leaders any question.
SW APC bigwigs and leaders gave their all for Buhari, that's why he got majority of the votes in the region. If you like you can say he got slight votes ahead of Atiku,that doesn't change the fact that he won Atiku in the region.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by sleekdot(m): 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
This was partly due to Buharis inability to act on time about the issue of moles who infiltrated the APC with Oyeguns backing
Some people wanted to fight Tinubu and Oyegun was supporting them and enpowering them
Having Oyegun as the party chairman planted Akeredolu who is a coded Atiku supporter. Or how will a sitting governor who is just 2yrs into his tenure lose 2 senate seats? The only APC Senator that Akeredolu opposed was the one who won

Ajimobi burnt many bridges by choosing to rerun for Senate which made the people vote against him, Also the issue of Bayo Shittu in Oyo who wanted to use his closeness to Buhari to scuttle the APC because he didnt get a tcket

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Asshurbanipal: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekdot:
This was partly due to Buharis inability to act on time about the issue of moles who infiltrated the APC with Oyeguns backing
Some people wanted to fight Tinubu and Oyegun was supporting them and enpowering them
Having Oyegun as the party chairman planted Akeredolu who is a coded Atiku supporter. Or how will a sitting governor who is just 2yrs into his tenure lose 2 senate seats? The only APC Senator that Akeredolu opposed was the one who won

Ajimobi burnt many bridges by choosing to rerun for Senate which made the people vote against him, Also the issue of Bayo Shittu in Oyo who wanted to use his closeness to Buhari to scuttle the APC because he didnt get a tcket
Nonsense. Yoruba masses rejected buhari. Yoruba nairalanders just are cowards. Have some balls and tell your northern master that your people have rejected buhari because he has failed. See how you are explaining like a slave who is scared of punishment from his master for failing to obey his command

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by KunleyY19(m): 5:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
FriendNG:
My prior thought was a walk over for Apc in the southwest. Not knowing I'm totally wrong.

It's supprising that the opposition candidate "Atiku" has not only win the 25% requirements in the 6 Southwestern states but also proceed to defeat the incubent "Muhammad Buhari" in some of the states.

Now let's look at the structure of Apc & Pdp in the Southwest.

1. APC

a. Vice President
b. National Leader
c. 6 Apc governors
d. Lagos Ogun and Oyo standard Gauge rail (linking 3 of the 6 south west states)
e. Road constructions like Lagos Ibadan express and others.

2. PDP:

a. No presidential candidate
b. No vice Presidential Candidate
c. No party chairman
e. Gov Wike even insult the SW.
d. Atiku fails to campaign in Ogun state.
f. No railway construction in the region for 16 years.
g. The roads were terrible during their time and now they are being reconstructed.

Seriously I cannot find a reason for the bad outing. Some blame it on governors but that cannot stand. We all know who we are voting for.

I can remember before the election there were serious debate on who should be Atiku's vice presidential candidate.

Some Yorubas suggest that Atiku should choose a Southwest VP to divide the Yoruba votes, because the SS - SE will naturally aligned with PDP. On the other hand the SE kicked the idea.

Here we are today & the SW votes has been divided even with no vice presidential candidate.

Or is it because Buhari is being accused of Islamization agenda by the likes of Ffk & some pastors?

Ironically Apc did well in the South south. Kudos to Ameachi, Oshiomole, Orji Kalu etc. Also Tinubu has done his best but the followers fail to vote APC.

Had Buhari/Osinbajo Reelection Fails, Who Will Be The Biggest Loser

1. The SW will lose the Vp while the north still has a president

2. The SE will have Peter Obi as vp

3. After Atiku - Obi tenure the presidency will then move to Southeast instead of southwest. And by the tradition it will come back to north again. That will have deprive the SW opportunity to produce a President for 16 years.

I have already come across messages on social media about how the south west dissapoint Buhari with some calling for a payback.

Make no mistake the southwest did nothing wrong. It's their own wish to vote who they want without being challenged. And I respect their decision.

But I must remind us politics is about interest & calculations. My own opinion is they have failed this time in their calculations and need to recalculate ahead of 2023.

Mynd44 Lalasticlala do you know the answer to my question?

Na Religious Leaders Propaganda...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Viergeachar: 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
That is how Yorubas will always vote when they are not the standard candidate of any party.

This way, we build bridges across board... cool

4 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Kyase(m): 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2019
KunleyY19:

First hand religion leaders propaganda...
I heard pdp paid CAN to demonize Buhari and apc...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by FriendNG: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Viergeachar:
That is how Yorubas will always vote when they are not the standard candidate of any party.

This breach wey u done build now e nearly collapse, na North Central save wuna. Had Buhari-Osinbajo lose, you will not get Senate president neither a speaker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Asshurbanipal: 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
Viergeachar:

You always invent stories that makes you feel good. If it was igbos now it would have been called lack of unity.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by KunleyY19(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Kyase:

First hand religion leaders propaganda...
I heard pdp paid CAN to demonize Buhari and apc...

Chai...
I was afraid that day ooo...
Most Christian on my line where just saying the man want to islamize... Now I was asking them questions yet they could not substantiate it...

Las Las they won my PU...
But Today Their Mouth Don Close...gringringrin
Na only my redeem friends still dey balance a bit...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Asshurbanipal: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
FriendNG:

This breach wey u done build now e nearly collapse, na NC save wuna. Had Buhari-Osinbajo lose, you will not get Senate president neither a speaker.
Stop deceiving southerners. Pdp gave NE Speaker and presidential ticket yet they voted against PDP because their candidate have ideologies that are to advanced for the backward north. But you want a highly civilised yoruba tribe to support a feudal govt. Yoruba must redefine political interest and learn from SE2003 and NE2019. political "relevance" is not a political interest.

7 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Kyase(m): 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
KunleyY19:

Chai...
Most Christian on my line where just saying the man want to islamize... Now I was asking them questions yet they could not substantiate it...

Come to Kaduna and enter any church aside redeem you go hear talk...
Every Sunday na topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by FriendNG: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
KunleyY19:

Chai...

Now that he has won what's the next step to stop the alledged islamization? Impeachment or what?
Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Asshurbanipal: 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
KunleyY19:

Chai...

Cowards! They are already afraid of punishment from their maters and now inventing ridiculous feel good stories

8 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by SamNaijaboy: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Three reasons:
1. SW vote their conscience always. Note where the majority votes went to PDP: Oyo and Ondo. They were the ones that bore the issue of the Fulani herdsmen incursion the most. And they did not like it. Falae's farm was destroyed. Iseyin farmers displaced. And they saw inaction from Buhari over those incursions. That was a warning shot to the APC to stop the incursions into their land.

2. Some felt Buhari and APC did really badly with the economy and SW salaries and said they needed to vote him out. Someone I know in Ondo said "we made a mistake with this man, and we will vote him out. If Atiku messes up, we will vote him out as well in 4 yrs. Someday we will get it right". I expect APC to have challenges in Ondo and Oyo in gubernatorial election upcoming because the sentiments are bad with regards to the salaries plus (1) above.

3. Religious Leaders: Buhari was really de-marketed by the Christian religious rulers as some form of Islamization force. He needs to see this as a rebuke from the SW and bury the idea (and never resurrect it again) of cattle colonies for his Fulani brethren. That was seen as a way to spread Islam all over the south. Yorubas like live and let live. Don't force your lives (or cattle herders in this case) on others. Keep them in the North where they belong. Why all the movement by the way? Haven't they heard of irrigated ranches? The Northern governors can do that easily to keep them in the North. The Christians in the NC's cries resonated in the SW as well.
The religion bit was why Sanwoolu was chosen instead of Hamzat to replace Ambode, another Christian. Normally the Yoruba don't care. However Buhari is making the APC appear too focused on Islam and the leaders in the SW are quick to make sure that is not seen to be true in the SW.

FriendNG:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala do you know the answer to my question?

9 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Igbokid: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lol..
Those APC bigwigs really tried for him. They nearly murdered PMB with religious propaganda here in the south west.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Ganiyat72(f): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
KunleyY19:

^^^ Smh
Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekdot:

Baba stop this gist abeg...Baba, play himself to his foot...He was actually the person who wanted to undermine Tinubu but when he realized he needed him he had to do a turn around. Oyegun was just the fall guy. Let's see his actions in couple of months and years to come before concluding.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by KunleyY19(m): 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
FriendNG:

Now that he has won what's the next step to stop the alledged islamization? Impeachment or what?

When we had
Okonjo Iweala
Ihejerika
Allison-Madueke
Anyim-Pius
Stella
Ayo Oritsejafor Nko
David Mark.
EkwereMadu
Arogbofa
Kennedy Opara
etc

There was no noise ooo...
But don't worry Omo-Agege will be made the SP... First step to checking the whole noise...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Viergeachar: 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

You always invent stories that makes you feel good. If it was igbos now it would have been called lack of unity.

I am not one of those who say so. And those who do are wrong.
Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by KunleyY19(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
Kyase:

Come to Kaduna and enter any church aside redeem you go hear talk... Every Sunday na topic
Same thing Here in Lagos... People even forgot that Osibanjo is a Christian...

3 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Viergeachar: 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
FriendNG:

This breach wey u done build now e nearly collapse, na North Central save wuna. Had Buhari-Osinbajo lose, you will not get Senate president neither a speaker.

Of course, our support for Buhari is 'majorly' before the polls proper.

Whatever we give on the election day is just icing on the cake.

Buhari knew all that which is why he tried to have our support long before the election.

6 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Kyase(m): 6:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
KunleyY19:

Same thing Here in Lagos...
People even forgot that Osibanjo is a Christian...
lol, after all the propaganda, Buhari still moved to the next level grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Shuku0kukobambi: 6:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
FriendNG:

Can you explain why Buhari's vote in Kano dropped from 1.9m to 1.4m?

Why he lost Aso Rock? Why he lost Abuja, Senate and all?

Why he got only 400k in Sokoto? Why Kaduna dropped from 1.4m to 900k etc?

3 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Stalwert: 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Why this thread my friendng? This is not the way to go, we should remember Pdp used fake news and hired a pastor to place curse on people who voted PMB. We should remember there was in fighting in APC SW this contributed more than any factor to wasting votes we would have had.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Shuku0kukobambi: 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
ejibaba:

Baba stop this gist abeg...Baba, play himself to his foot...He was actually the person who wanted to undermine Tinubu but when he realized he needed him he had to do a turn around. Oyegun was just the fall guy. Let's see his actions in couple of months and years to come before concluding.

Exactly!! Buhari with his almost anti party behaviour caused serious problems for his party. He welcomed APM candidate hand for Ogun gov and also raised APC for the same position.

His men and Oyegun supported Akeredolu against the elders of the party in ondo. See even Lagos where the kitchen cabinet in Abuja were pushing Ambode to go against the foundational mandate group in Lagos?

Infact under Buhari's nose, DSS detained his own party chairman for 9hrs under interrogation!! Can any baggar try that under OBJ? Buhari almost ruined the party chances even in the north. See the mess in Zamfara and even Adamawa because of Aisha's plan to have her brother take over? What was Buhari's response?

See the mess in Rivers state? Leaving Amaechi alone to fight the battle when a simple presidential intervention could have nipped things in the bud.

FriendNG, pls just thank whatever you believe in that those loyal to the perception of his character and who saw the works from him and his hard-working ministers stayed true to the cause otherwise you would have started helping to pack his load by now.

8 Likes

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Xisnin(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Why not?

1 Like

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by Mynd44: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
FriendNG:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala blue3k sarrki do you know the answer to my question?
Simple answer.

As much as they like APC and Atiku was not a viable option, President Buhari didn't do enough as president to deserve the type of support he got in 2015.

He did not do enough to justify the sacrifices made for him.

He didn't meet a lot of people's expectation

He might not have totally failed but his performance isn't high up there either.

We want to sit here and ask why people didn't turn up and turn out for a president who was slow to act on a lot of issues? Seriously?

The people saw that and that made them decide to either not vote or not vote for him. What the president should do instead of you asking why SW leaders didn't mobilize people is to look at where he is lacking and take action.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by gberra: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Buhari allowed one too many crisis linger for too long before a last ditch effort by Tinubu( who was preposterously undermined) and Oshiomole. Even at that, the President inexplicably supported anti party activities, much to the detriment of the party. If the President was from SW, he wouldn't have done any better.

The Gubernatorial election would reveal a clearer complexity in the SW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 by adadike(f): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
I don't know what this op is talking about but I want to use this opportunity to thank Ondo and Oyo people. You guys will forever have my respect. Poverty capital of the world, world biggest cemetery, world biggest hungry people. My brother, the south west wanted a change for the better.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting, Receives Briefing From INEC Chairman / Gov. Lalong Wins Plateau For Tinubu / Insecurity: 5 Sokoto LGs Under Bandits, Terrorists’ Siege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.