Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos (22426 Views)

Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors / Stop Blackmailing Me, Okorocha Tells Ihedioha / 'Call Oshiomhole To Order' Okorocha Tells Buhari Over 'God Punish Obasanjo' Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Calculating: 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
Rochas Okorocha, the outgoing governor of Imo State has told the Igbos to bury the long-desired ambition of producing the country’s next president in 2023.

Mr Okorocha, a founding member of the All Progressive Congress (APC) stated this on Tuesday while addressing reporters at the Government House in Owerri, before leaving the state to the nation’s capital, Abuja.

Since the return to democracy in 1999, the Igbo tribe of the South-East region has not produced a son who has manned the exalted office in the country.

The quest to produce one during the next general election was what the APC promised the zone should they vote massively for its candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari, who sought a second term in office.

Like they did in 2015, the people of the area who refused to queue behind the president alternatively voted for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Read more: https://politicstimesng.com/forget-about-producing-president-2023-okorocha-tells-igbos/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by BankyGee(m): 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
FTC!
Them don tire to wait. Na to lose hope be next tin o grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2019

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Calculating: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2019
lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2019
When you igbos realize how much damage you have done to yourselves politically, you will beg Yorubas to teach you politics. Keep voting PDP that won't even consider an igbo person worthy of their presidential ticket for 24 years. People like Rochas worked hard to liberate igbos but you can only force a horse to the stream, drinking water remains a choice for the horse (igbos).

89 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Arda1000(m): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
This man fit die of chest pain... He is really in serious pain

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by madmohamed(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ejimagifty:
When you igbos realize how much damage you have done to yourselves politically, you will beg Yorubas to teach you politics. Keep voting PDP that won't even consider an igbo person worthy of their presidential ticket for 24 years. People like Rochas worked hard to liberate igbos but you can only force a horse to the stream, drinking water remains a choice for the horse (igbos).
Cheniko and Obasanjo is only Yoruba x president dead or alive .at lest wee have three Zik nzeogwu and ironsi tel me how u teach us politics.

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2019
madmohamed:
Obasanjo is only Yoruba x president at lest wee have two Zik and ironsi tel me how u teach us politics.

Oh i forgot Ernest Shonekan was a Fulani president

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Melison(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
As if they are that desperate for it,....crying more than the bereaved

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Gsteve01(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
grin grin grin

DO YOU WANT TO RENT OR BUY HOUSE, CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by ofiko123(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
An igbo man can never be president..Every one knows this..

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by SoNature(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
This loquacious idiot can't keep quiet

10 Likes

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Biingoo: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
Okay sir
Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by lilmax(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ejimagifty:

your brain is dead

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by emmyt2: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
OKOROCHA , PLEASE TAKE IT EASY THERE IS STILL LIFE AFTER ELECTION

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
I am not ibo, I am idoma from benue state but I can tell you ibos are the greatest of all ethnic groups in Nigeria. Give an ibo man 10k and see him turn it into a million naira in 2 years time due to hard work and perseverance but give an idoma man or any other tribe I swear they won't use it well. The ibos don't need the presidency to be relevant in the scale of things in our nation

155 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by kingjrofficial(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ok...
It shall be well wit naija cry
Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by fastseo: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nigeria is now the world capital of poverty
most risky place to leave.
Topping the list of the world's most unhappy people.
Out of school children increasing.
Hunger everywhere.
Insecurity now spreading from North East and North Central to North West... People can't even leave Abuja to Kaduna for fear of being kidnapped.
I have not seen light for almost 4 days now. Since buhari was confirmed 2nd term, light went dead.

You are talking of igbo presidency.

What has Buhari achieved for the North since he came on board.

Yeye always insulting and causing hatred among the people.

You have problems with APC deal with it don't insult a whole tribe that has been existing long before the existence of Nigeria.

The igbos don't believe in "one man rule us all" even if they appoint you to head them in the clan you don't have absolute power....

I experienced this when I thought I could maneuver a decision of a kindred where I convinced their head and a few other... Come see the way they silenced him, accused him of taking bribe that he should keep quite while they handled me shocked

I fear that day.... February 2019

41 Likes

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Macmoni(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
U think dey are shaking for presidency??
With or without dey kip soaring bigger

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Toosure70: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nothing for Igbo until they respect afonja

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by NORSYK(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
This mr. Iberiberism is depressed oh he needs help asap

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Kulas: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
immhotep:

Okoroawusa, on his way to Daura grin

A word from confused man called Okoroawusa

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by NinjaMetahuman: 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ejimagifty:

you dey mind the Ignorant flat head.

many of them were born in 2000 and too stupid to learn

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Guyman02: 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Zamfara, Yobe, Katsina, Kaduna that voted massively for the party and Buhari how are they faring sad
Paul Unongo said the North has the advantage of population to win elections and grab power, meanwhile, Singapore a country of 5.6m people same population of (Alimosho, Mushin, Agege, Oshodi-Isolo LGAs) have exports of $320bn; India with a population of over 1.2bn people does export of $293bn. Nigeria with 200m people export is $48bn.

Igbos should be thinking of how to increase exports from the SE like Singapore and not Presidency, all the Igbos want is enabling environment, open the Eastern Seaports and waterways, patronage of their goods by other Nigerians, fix the federal roads and they will be fine.

adajiboyy:
I am not ibo, I am idoma from Benue state but I can tell you ibos are the greatest of all ethnic groups in Nigeria. Give an ibo man 10k and see him turn it into a million naira in 2 years time due to hard work and perseverance but give an idoma man or any other tribe I swear they won't use it well. The ibos don't need the presidency to be relevant in the scale of things in our nation

I have a colleague who is Tiv, he is always angry with his brother for not being very productive and always asking for money; I told him to attach him to a serious hustling Igbo trader as apprentice who will grill him, and the money he gives him as monthly stipend should be given to the Igbo trader to pay him as salary.

Now if you see that my colleague Tiv brother talking business and the seriousness he does it you will think that the boy is an Igbo boy, he is now the one complaining about his cousins being lazy and looking for handouts and telling them that he doesnt joke with his money grin grin grin.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Westsida: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
They should keep drinking urine till they get sense

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Unconquerable: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ejimagifty:
Who is this demented wacko running his mouth here? The same politics that consumed MKO Abiola and his own brother from Ogun State was placed in power as a lesser evil. The same politics that made El Mustapha, Abacha’s former ADC accuse Yorubas of being cowards and betrayers as they collected huge sums of dollars from the same people that killed both their brother,Abiola and his wife, Kudirat? Come on, grow up.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by ogbonti: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ejimagifty:

He was a widget in an app store, a dummy who lacked the authorization to even sign his name present in his own office. He was a fake entity created by IBB to rob Abiola of his mandate, just like Buhari, today is robbing Atiku, of his deserved mandate...

Mark this down, WHAT BUHARI DID TO SHAGARI ON 31st DECEMBER 1983, WILL BE REPLICATED ON BUHARI BEFORE MAY 29, 2019!!!

WATCH OUT!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by Nbote(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Rochas is a drowning man and simply looking for wateva relevance and sympathy he can get.. D Igbos we know don't care about presidency, politics or even elections as much as dey care about their businesses and survival...

12 Likes

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by cr7lomo: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
So the igbos will have to join APC to become president...so APC is the only functional party in Nigeria....y dint Buhari join PDP to become president...these are the types of illiterates that rule us

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
Some of us warned bitterly against the political destruction that We are heading to if our people fail to recognize and vote for the candidancy of All progressive Congress but we we're tagged Abokis and sellout, today we are faced with the reality!
Now, let's see what our Romance with Pdp that have never given any Igbo person ticket for Presidency lead us to.
The price for foolishness is heavy, no Igbo president in this generation!
Nigeria must be fair to us who opted to work for National unity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by ArmaniUhuru: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
Yorubas should also forget it. The presidency is going back to north.

PDP wanted power to stay in the south in 2015 with Jonathan, but Tinubu, and the southwest took it to the north. Now the Southwest wants the presidency, but the rest of the South(SE & SS) wants it to remain with the North.

No be only them sabi do wicked. grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos by BuhariAdvocate: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
Very good. Although we preferred to vote shekaru than voting Afonja yoloba Muslim.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance / Bwari Attack: Military Confirms 3 Casualties, Denies Abduction Of Soldiers / Ikpeazu Donates Cars To ABSU Dean Of Faculties - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.