Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,564 members, 7,840,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! (7817 Views)

My Pain, Distress And Agony As A Single Mother. / Love And Infatuation? / Help! I’ve Been Married For Three Years And I’m Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by Ifedisky(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
Hmmm, waxing lyrical now? So you finally let him go, I believe? How is your response,, taking it well? I think you two were playing games with differing motivations. You just got outplayed. Did you stop to ponder that the guy's dither might actually be his own defense mechanism against the "threat" he percieves from you. Sure he doesn't dread you and fears opening up emotionally only to be left high and dry? You told him ab initio that he wasn't good enough for you, then re enforced that conviction by offering him a conditional relationship i.e, no sex, what if the guy feels you spelt it out the  he's not good enough for you so you best stay at arms lenght while he dams his emotion in a turpor. It's like chess hun, vary your moves, you'll learn more about even urself. That young man might ne an angel ya know?
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
oniema:

I really felt your pain but i think you are the cause of your unhappiness
Dis guy saw who u are and what goes on in you, he reads you and then capitalize on it, you are weak where he is concerned
and you have build your entire life (yet to be) around him, you have soo much fantasize on things you can do together, even without getting to know it and its hard to accept a crashed dream.

My dear let go off it, it is just a mirage and the more you move closer to it the farther it goes, pls and pls move on with your life be around friends and let them occupy your thought so you can dump his own thought.

NOTE:- Its better you cut the communication once and for all and face the music or let it continue and be a slave 4ever

I'm moving on, but I was expected at least an apology or an explanation for his behavior. He just does not want to talk about anything. Your comment is very mature. I appreciate it!

Ifedisky:

Hmmm, waxing lyrical now? So you finally let him go, I believe? How is your response,, taking it well? I think you two were playing games with differing motivations. You just got outplayed. Did you stop to ponder that the guy's dither might actually be his own defense mechanism against the "threat" he percieves from you. Sure he doesn't dread you and fears opening up emotionally only to be left high and dry? You told him ab initio that he wasn't good enough for you, then re enforced that conviction by offering him a conditional relationship i.e, no sex, what if the guy feels you spelt it out the  he's not good enough for you so you best stay at arms lenght while he dams his emotion in a turpor. It's like chess hun, vary your moves, you'll learn more about even urself. That young man might ne an angel ya know?

I thought about it, and have tried everything possible to make sure he understood that I was sorry. I found strange that he never skips a Christmas, easter, valentine day etc without sending me wishes or even on his birthday he called me very early in the morning just to let me know/remind me, so I could wish him an happy birthday. There's many other things that he used to do which are just not coherent like getting nervous if he hear a male voice around me etc.  All this got me confused, and you are right I was outplayed. It's time for me to move on though.

Please, what did you mean by:"It's like chess hun, vary your moves"?
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by mito: 7:05am On Oct 22, 2010
hmmm! na wa o!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by kokoletz(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2010
am thinking
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by chines4(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2010
I thought about it, and have tried everything possible to make sure he understood that I was sorry. I found strange that he never skips a Christmas, easter, valentine day etc without sending me wishes or even on his birthday he called me very early in the morning just to let me know/remind me, so I could wish him an happy birthday. There's many other things that he used to do which are just not coherent like getting nervous if he hear a male voice around me etc. All this got me confused, and you are right I was outplayed. It's time for me to move on though.

Please, what did you mean by:"It's like chess hun, vary your moves"?

@poster,

My response will be different. You love this guy, u don't want the guy to know that u love him, because he is a womaniser, but u still love him. u'r scared that he will break u'r heart. But he is there already and is breaking it already.

Personally I will say date this guy, have wonderful s-x with him fulfill u'r fantasies. if it works out fine and good, if not you can then get him off u'r system. Confront your fear. A lot of ppl will not agree with me. The guy wants u without boundaries, get a life don't limit u'r self, so remove u'r limitations. enjoy u'r self u'r just 26
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by StRichy(m): 5:40am On Oct 23, 2010
someone u can be happy wit
someone u can always tolerate
someone u can't get tired of etc.
is worth marrying.

u develop a softer spot for him by trying 2 ignore him.
lets make him committed if u're sure he's not a monster
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 7:04am On Oct 23, 2010
@chines4 and St. Richy:

I appreciate your comments, but, as far as I'm concerned, it's over. I'm very slow to decide sometimes especially when my level of interest is high. However, I finally made up my mind. It was a good experience; It opens my eyes on the many things I took for granted, and I discovered another side of me. Anyway, his behavior towards me is the deal breaker. The real me is not tolerant on issues regarding respect. I took some time off to think about myself and I realized that I deserve more because, as "a total 10" with great culinary skills,  I have what most men are looking for everywhere (a Nigerian woman would have said I'm too much lol). Moreover, I love, respect myself and my family. Thus, I only deal with the best in all aspects, but sometimes I do make mistakes too; he is one of them. For some reason, I had forgotten how special, precious and beautiful (inward-outward) I'm. This is not for me. I wish him luck and happiness. Thanks for your time!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by StRichy(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2010
i am enthused by ur courageous post. i must admit!
actually it took circumstances like dis for some of us to re-discover our real selves.
i support ur decision and wish u d best.
wit regardds from
saintrichards4u@yahoo.com
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by mito: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2010
fiswu:

@chines4 and St. Richy:

I appreciate your comments, but, as far as I'm concerned, it's over. I'm very slow to decide sometimes especially when my level of interest is high. However, I finally made up my mind. It was a good experience; It opens my eyes on the many things I took for granted, and I discovered another side of me. Anyway, his behavior towards me is the deal breaker. The real me is not tolerant on issues regarding respect. I took some time off to think about myself and I realized that I deserve more because, as "a total 10" with great culinary skills,  I have what most men are looking for everywhere (a Nigerian woman would have said I'm too much lol). Moreover, I love, respect myself and my family. Thus, I only deal with the best in all aspects, but sometimes I do make mistakes too; he is one of them. For some reason, I had forgotten how special, precious and beautiful (inward-outward) I'm. This is not for me. I wish him luck and happiness. Thanks for your time!

Hopefully, you'll forget about him soon. cheers!!!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by chines4(m): 1:59am On Nov 01, 2010
Ok just be happy
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2010
chines4:

Ok just be happy

Thank you!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by iammodel(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2010
Reminds me of a situation i've bin into, I've always bin admired by pretty girls and some even want intimacy which i dnt give in to, At a time i noticed i was in deep luv wit dis particular girl which i tried to make her understand but she never wanted anything oda dan frndship. I tried to convince for more dan a year all to no avail. I foundout she doesn't care abt me as much as i do, but then i never stopped loving her. Even wen am dating someone else now, i still love and think abt her more cos i feel she's the one i shuld be with. Since she's not interested, i have no choice dan to let her be. Though i still call her, but dnt bother her abt relationship no more-she neida call nor text except on my bday,
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 6:01am On Nov 09, 2010
i_am_model:

Reminds me of a situation i've bin into, I've always bin admired by pretty girls and some even want intimacy which i dnt give in to, At a time i noticed i was in deep luv wit dis particular girl which i tried to make her understand but she never wanted anything oda dan frndship. I tried to convince for more dan a year all to no avail. I foundout she doesn't care abt me as much as i do, but then i never stopped loving her. Even wen am dating someone else now, i still love and think abt her more cos i feel she's the one i shuld be with. Since she's not interested, i have no choice dan to let her be. Though i still call her, but dnt bother her abt relationship no more-she neida call nor text except on my bday,

hmmm! Now that I have lost interest in him, he started contacting me. I think that I will never understand him.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by mafolayomi(f): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2010
pls 4get about him, he is just toying with yr emotion. dont wait until he sends u his wedding text message b4 u dump his ass. , a word dey say is enough for d wise undecided
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2010
mafolayomi:

pls 4get about him, he is just toying with yr emotion. dont wait until he sends u his wedding text message b4 u dump his backside. ,  a word dey say is enough for d wise undecided

I would love to dump him, but he doesn't seem to agree though. In fact, when I informed him to stop contacting me he replied with a laugh, and told me I say this all the time. He even dared to ask what does that mean. I realized that he really takes me for granted. SMH! Phew, I think I'm ready to give a chance to someone else.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 4:45am On Nov 11, 2010
mito:

Hopefully, you'll forget about him soon. cheers!!!

I will. Thanks!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 8:54am On Nov 12, 2010
I enjoy coming on Nairaland to read all your comments all over again. Some of them literally gave me the wake-up call. Wow! my people, you are awesome! smiley The way each of you had contributed to help me see through this situation left me overwhelmed. I can only use these few words to express my gratitude to you: Thank you so much and may God bless you!!!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by beeman80: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2010
fiswu:

I met a young man over 2 years ago while I was still at university. I was always hesitated about  him because he seemed up to no good like a womanizer, and we never have any relationship. However, I tried as hard as I could to avoid him even though we live in different states, and he didn't show that he really cared about me, but I would always feel the need to talk to him just to make sure that he's OK. I have been advised more than once to quit contacting him. Finally, I found the strength to do so 3 months ago, but it was hell; I ended up depressed to the extent that I could not concentrate on my own life, and did not even have the motivation to start looking for a job as I recently graduated. Then, few days ago, while I was sleeping my sub-conscience dictated me to contact him which I did. Our conversation was to me what oxygen is to my body.

Please what are your fears? Cos it seems to me that u re so drawn to this dude.If u really enjoy his company then go spirirtual about it by going into prayers.Best of Luck!

What
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by beeman80: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2010
fiswu:

I met a young man over 2 years ago while I was still at university. I was always hesitated about  him because he seemed up to no good like a womanizer, and we never have any relationship. However, I tried as hard as I could to avoid him even though we live in different states, and he didn't show that he really cared about me, but I would always feel the need to talk to him just to make sure that he's OK. I have been advised more than once to quit contacting him. Finally, I found the strength to do so 3 months ago, but it was hell; I ended up depressed to the extent that I could not concentrate on my own life, and did not even have the motivation to start looking for a job as I recently graduated. Then, few days ago, while I was sleeping my sub-conscience dictated me to contact him which I did. Our conversation was to me what oxygen is to my body.

I'm a very beautiful woman and amongst others, there's a successful good man who is dying to marry me, but I just can't get him out of my mind and I would not like to hurt a good person. Tears have become my refuge. Without hearing from him, it's like I'm lost,  I don't know what to do anymore   sad. I don't know why this is happening to me  cry.

Please people, I will appreciate your comments!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
beeman80:

Please what are your fears? Cos it seems to me that u re so drawn to this dude.If u really enjoy his company then go spirirtual about it by going into prayers.Best of Luck!

What

I'm not interested anymore being submitted to David Deangelo's theories on beautiful women. He was so good at keeping me strongly attracted to him, but I finally understood why he was such a challenge to me. Now, I have no fears, and this experience drew me closer to my God too. Thanks a lot my friend!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by lovejo(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
Never trust Igbo guy for once.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by abinton: 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2010
Hi point of correction here.

I do not think its proper to George a lover by his or her tribe.

You know, factors such as: environment, education, friends and others do play great role s in exhibiting what form of character a person eventually becomes ; do you agree with me ?
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by borie4u(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2010
See it is the truth as i ve been there as there used to be a gal i use to love.We got so close as to the fact that if there is no call between us a day its like hell.If u want to stop communicating wit him it wont work.the only way is to restrict the call until u see that u wil be free but to stop abruptly will get u back to wat u dont want to do.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2010
borie4u:

See it is the truth as i ve been there as there used to be a gal i use to love.We got so close as to the fact that if there is no call between us a day its like hell.If u want to stop communicating wit him it wont work.the only way is to restrict the call until u see that u wil be free but to stop abruptly will get u back to wat u dont want to do.

6 months ago, I could have said that it was almost impossible for me to stop communicating with him, but now I'm ready for this. I probably love him. However, I'm determined to forgive, forget and move on with my life. I have too many plans, ambitions , talents, dreams and opportunities with a bright future ahead to be wasting my time on a man. The world is waiting for me lol. smiley That's enough!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2010
[center]Somebody Almost Walked Off Wid Alla My Stuff
[/center]

somebody almost walked off wid alla my stuff 
not my poems or a dance i gave up in the street
 but somebody almost walked off wid alla my stuff
like a kleptomaniac workin hard & forgettin while stealin
 this is mine/this aint yr stuff/
now why don’t you put me back & let me hang out in my own self

somebody almost walked off wit alla my stuff 
& didn’t care enuf to send a note home sayin 
i was late for my solo conversation
 or two sizes to small for my own tacky skirts

what can anybody do wit somethin of no value on
a open market/ did you getta dime for my things/
hey man/ where are you goin wid alla my stuff/
to ohh & ahh abt/ daddy/ i gotta mainline number 
from my own poo/ now wontcha put me back/ & let
 me play this duet/ wit silver ring in my nose/
honest to god/

somebody almost run off wit alla my stuff/ 
& i didnt bring anythin but the kick & sway of it 
the perfect backside for my man & none of it is theirs 
this is mine/ ntozake ‘her own things’/ that’s my name
 now give me my stuff/ i see ya hidin my laugh/ & how i
s it wif my legs open sometimes/ to give me 
some sunlight/ & there goes my love my toes my chewed 
up finger nails/ niggah/ wif the curls in yr hair/
mr. louisiana hot link/

i want my stuff back/
my rhytums & my voice/ open my mouth/ & let me talk ya 
outta/ throwin my poo in the sewar/ this is some delicate 
leg & whimsical kiss/ i gotta have to give to my choice/
without you runnin off wit alla my poo/
now you cant have me less i give me away/ & i waz
doin all that/ til ya run off on a good thing/

who is this you left me wit/ some simple naughty woman 
widda bad attitude/ i wants my things/
i want my arm wit the hot iron scar/ & my leg wit the
 flea bite/ i want my calloused feet & quik language back
in my mouth/ fried plantains/ pineapple pear juice/ 
sun-ra & joseph & jules/ i want my own things/ how i lived them/
& give me my memories/ how i waz when i waz there/
you cant have them or do nothin wit them/

stealin my poo from me/ dont make it yrs/ makes it stolen/
somebody almost run off wit alla my stuff/ & i waz standin
 there/ lookin at myself/ the whole time 
& it waznt a spirit took my stuff/ waz a man whose 
ego walked round like Rodan’s shadow/ waz a man faster
n my innocence/

waz a lover/ i made too much 
room for/ almost run off wit alla my stuff/
& i didnt know i’d give it up so quik/ & the one runnin wit it/
don’t know he got it/ & i’m shoutin this is mine/ & he dont 
know he got it/ my stuff is the anonymous ripped off treasure
 of the year/

did you know somebody almost got away wit me/
me in a plastic bag under their arm/ me 
danglin on a string of personal carelessness/ i’m spattered wit
 mud & city rain/ & no i didnt get a chance to take a douche/
hey man/ this is not your perogative/ i gotta have me in my
 pocket/ to get round like a good woman shd/ & make the poem
in the pot or the chicken in the dance/

what i got to do/
i gotta get my stuff to do it to/
why dont ya find yr own things/ & leave this package 
of me for my destiny/ what ya got to get from me/
i’ll give it to ya/ yeh/ i’ll give it to ya/
round 5:00 in the winter/ when the sky is blue-red/
& Dew City is gettin pressed/ if it’s really my stuff/
ya gotta give it to me/ if ya really want it/ i’m 
the only one/ can handle it

Ntozake Shange. “For coloured girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf”
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2010
Why would a man who have not been treated a lady properly refused to leave her alone when she decides to move on with her life? Why?
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 1:54am On Feb 23, 2011
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by uchechinek(m): 9:08am On Feb 23, 2011
It is a matter of self. U hav d power to handle it urself. But careful.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by wi5dom(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2011
FOLLOW YOUR HEART TO SEE WHERE IT IS TAKING YOU TO. THE HEART IS SOMETIMES RIGHT OF TRUE FEELINGS. YOU OWN YOUR HEART AND DON'T LET PEOPLE HAVE IN SAY IN IT- IT HURTS THE MORE BEING SILENT AS THE TIMES TICKS AND WE BECOME OLDER.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2011
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by bignero: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ fiswu

[s]u sound like a very fine girl,i like u already[/s] grin grin

seriously: belive what im about to tell you becos, he who has worn similar shoes knows where it pinches( ive been in a very similar situation as this guy ur talking about)

Thank God , u confessed earlier on to loving him, the whole nucleus of the matter is you and only u is the source of ur happiness, and the only spring or source of ur being happy is the voice from within. forget all ur so called inteligent games u think both of u are playing.

the guy loves u period, hes scared to come out with it for certain reasons, its u that has to figure it out.
is he shy in any way?( can bet he is, find out)
do u show him some sort of superiority complex?
in ceratin ways u expect him to come out plain as per how he feels for u, but u instead of telling him ur emotions plainly u gave him a relationship with conditions and hes supposed to come out open about how he feels?

the guy will be put off by all these conditions u have given him so dont expect him to come out plain and straight. u expect him to go home rejected right? u showed him ur cards which were not good , though u guys feel something stronger than u let him know, he will keep a little pride intact , by alluding to the fact that at least he didnt play hes cards, so he didnt actually loose.

remeber wrds at times cant convey our true feelings ,

the part about respect( its ur undoing becos i think u have a superiority complex, better knock it off)

if u get with this guy i bet the level of hapiness u two can attain, trust me its not availble else where

start out bu come out plain and simple with him, the balls in ur court
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by Orikinla(m): 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
I feel sorry for humans as pathetic as you are and we have such pathetic creatures among men as well. Pathetic creatures controlled more by their instinct than their intellect. Immature and insecure. Until you sleep with him you will continue to hunger for him. You may have to do this to learn the hard lessons of life. I have seen girls who think from their loins and not from their brains. And your loins are on fire for him. You want him to fork you, love you and end up as your man. But the future is unpredictable. Look, before you leap, so that you will not return later, bruised and wounded and looking for Mr. Nice to bear the burden of your agony. Pour cold water on your hot loins and PLEASE, use your brains. You are a university graduate? Then reason like one and not like a high school girl. May God help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Makes A Woman Desirable To A Man? / 6 Attitudes Guys Possess Which Ladies Usually Take For Granted In A Relationship / Sex Is Overrated - Writing From Experience. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.