Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. (4708 Views)

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / Should Married Men Still Go To Clubs / Should Married Women Go Clubbing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Kelvinj(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2010
was just thinking abt this So i wanted 2 have other ppls view on this, do u think its Ok? I mean does it help ur marriage life? Lets rub minds
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by 1102(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2010
Sure why not,

Does their difference in status limit them to speaking wiv other human beings!

Your question seriously get K-LEG!!
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by sistawoman: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
Why not?
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Spyker: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
So, if you have an elder brother or sister that is married, you won't talk to them because they are married? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Kelvinj(m): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ok imagine ur off work and ur single guy friends whats u guys 2 go out and stay late nite?
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
@op are u talkin abt frnds of d opposite?
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by sistawoman: 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
Kelvinj:

Ok imagine your off work and your single guy friends whats u guys 2 go out and stay late nite?

And if your wife and kids have something planned for the evening. . . why cant he go hang out with his friends and still return home at a resonable time. Just because you are married does not mean you cant hang with your friends it just has to be done in moderation.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by SAGoddess: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
I am beginning to think marriage is PRISON! shocked

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Spyker: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
If my friends refused to talk to me because they are married, then what guaranty would they get that i will talk with them when i am married. This is absurd Poster and only a person who does not reason would behave in that manner. IMHO.
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Kelvinj(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
Spyker i dont mean ur siblings, i mean it mite affect the relationship cos of the marital status
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by sistawoman: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
SA Goddess:

It really is not. . . it is a wonderful experience if done with the proper mate for you.

Just be sure to vet him/her properly, make sure their values, goals and morals line up with yours and discuss, discuss, discuss everything you can think of.  If you marry a reasonable and evolved man your life will be full of rewards and there wont be anything that the two of you cant work out.
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Kelvinj(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
Well i think y'all aint getting me rite lol. Ok what i mean is that i think it mite just limit the friendship cos the married 1 has got family 2 go bak 2 his wife and kids But the single guy can go home anytime
sistawoman:

It really is not. . . it is a wonderful experience if done with the proper mate for you.

Just be sure to vet him/her properly, make sure their values, goals and morals line up with yours and discuss, discuss, discuss everything you can think of.  If you marry a reasonable and evolved man your life will be full of rewards and there wont be anything that the two of you cant work out.
Yeah ur So rite
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by spikedcylinder: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
It depends on the relationship that exists between the two friends, the relationship that exists between the friend and the wife/husband.
I have a friend who got married exactly one month ago today and I can't imagine not hanging out with him again cuz he's such a great person. On his wedding day, I was so happy for him, I almost cried. He had been looking forward to it so much. His wife and I are cool. I know not to cross the line and disrespect her and she does the same.
He can't hang out without bringing his wife along anyway. . . . so cool. cheesy

On the other hand, some women are just stark raving lunatics who think their husbands are the best things since cubed sugar and every woman is interested in some way. Best stay away from those or you'll have yourself to blame for engaging with mad people.  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by spikedcylinder: 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2010
SA Goddess:

Marriage is NOT a prison. When one gets married for the wrong reasons, to the wrong person, it becomes a hell hole.
Otherwise, it should be a thing of joy, peace and beauty. smiley
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Kelvinj(m): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

It depends on the relationship that exists between the two friends, the relationship that exists between the friend and the wife/husband.
I have a friend who got married exactly one month ago today and I can't imagine not hanging out with him again cuz he's such a great person. On his wedding day, I was so happy for him, I almost cried. He had been looking forward to it so much. His wife and I are cool. I know not to cross the line and disrespect her and she does the same.
He can't hang out without bringing his wife along anyway. . . . so cool. cheesy

On the other hand, some women are just stark raving lunatics who think their husbands are the best things since cubed sugar and every woman is interested in some way. Best stay away from those or you'll have yourself to blame for engaging with mad people.  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

thats good girl. Ok let me just ask u Ok how would u feel if your hubby tells u he would come bak late cos he's hanging out with his single guy friends? What would u do
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by spikedcylinder: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
Kelvinj:

thats good girl. Ok let me just ask u Ok how would u feel if your hubby tells u he would come bak late cos he's hanging out with his single guy friends? What would u do

Depends on my relationship with the friend in question. If she's shady, then no no. But if I know her and have no problem with her, why the hell not? I have male friends too na. And from my own orientation, it doesn't hurt to have friends of the opposite gender. If anything, it makes me realise why I chose to be with and trust the person I am with. smiley
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by queeneve: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
SA,

MARRIAGE is a wonderful union if you are with the right person and both of you willing to duke it out until the end.  

I do believe that you should be selective who you hang around with especially when you are married but you should denounce your friends simply because you are married.  There are hating married friends and hating single friends, JUST BE SELECTIVE on your choice of friends that all!
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by SAGoddess: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
My prison comment was in response to the comments I was reading, all good, thanks guys!
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Omolola1(f): 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
@topic, YESSSS!!!
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Pennywise(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
Yes I am married, but I prefer my female friends to be single.
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Omolola1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hmmmn! what are your reasons?
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Pennywise(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2010
^^^Better to be caught with someone's GF than somebody's wife
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Pennywise(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
OP, if ur marriage is doomed, its doomed. Even if you lock her up in a nunnery
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by spikedcylinder: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
Pennywise:

^^^Better to be caught with someone's GF than somebody's wife

By 'caught', you mean. . . . ?
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Pennywise(m): 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
^^^
Caught. Thanks. There are kids in the house like 190.

Have a business meeting get to run. Spiky if you dont understand, will explain later. Cheers.
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Omolola1(f): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2010
aaah!!
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by 1102(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
Pennywise:

^^^
Caught. Thanks. There are kids in the house like 190.

Have a business meeting get to run. Spiky if you dont understand, will explain later. Cheers.

Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by queeneve: 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
Speaking of kids, Omola,

Do you need a new bib for furry azz?  I hear that soggy bib make a house stank and furries drool alot!!
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Omolola1(f): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hehehehe! do i?
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by 1102(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
queeneve:

Speaking of kids, Omola,

Do you need a new bib for furry azz?  I hear that soggy bib make a house stank and furries drool alot!!

Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by Pennywise(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
Spiky if u are on this thread, you have my full attention
Re: Should Married People Still Hang Out With Their Single Friends. by queeneve: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
Furry azz,

You will never top me on the English department, You displaced slowpoke,

Lol@speak English, what is this German?  Laughing out loud,

(1) (2) (Reply)

★For fun★ How Do U Say "I Love You" In Your Dialect? / Come In Lets Disclose Some Few Secrets Abt Us. / See What My Ex Wore To A Birthday Occasion.... Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.