Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics (10794 Views)

6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / Beware: Flooded Cars From Hurricane Harvey Are Getting Lined Up Already (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 8:06pm On May 11, 2019
Beware of these so called mechanics. Everyone thinks just politicians are corrupt, but corruption is found virtually everywhere...
As for me I just paid him 20k which is just peanut but for others it is not...I am just worried he is doing it to people and extort hard earned money from them...
My Hyundai Tucson 2.7 Awd which I use when I am around mostly for 2-3wks at a time ..car arrived in Nigeria dec 2017 very low mileage 9000km...car is in fantastic good shape.
Car had been parked since Jan 4...My friend drove the car a week ago and noticed it does not roar from gear 1...lacks power but when it moves it picks up even no issues when in motion and again hard start when hot...we all thought maybe plugs...fuel pump...etc
Fastforward mechanic scanned it and sent me this report..[img][/img]first pciture
.and told me he fixed the error codes...(yes he said he did)Hahaaaaaa...fixed the gear and movement issues Haha.. he got another error codes yes to fix the hard starting this second picture [img][/img]...Haha..
My sister who took the car to mechanic told me the issue might really be wiring issues because rat ate some wires close to fuse box...
Now I started noticing some inconsistencies and took closer look at the reports he sent...
Vin numbers don't match. He sent me two different car reports..my sister confirmed those two cars in the reports are right there...i asked for report which has my cars vin ...he couldn't give me any report with my vin.

The problem with the car was that wires bridged causing the car into safe mode that made the car slow start because it moves with third gear...hard start when hot is simply the computer protecting the engine. This mechanic wanted 45k for all his work...Haha yes all his work..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by asamwababy: 8:17pm On May 11, 2019
Is this mechanic on nairaland.
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by captainking(m): 8:26pm On May 11, 2019
Following
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by Daviestunech(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2019
To me mechanic are more corrupt than politicians.....I just changed mine currently...my Toyota Camry recently develop a fault ie engine oil leaking underneath the car...he charges me for 25k ND i bargain with him for 20k... fast forward I paid him 20k,took like 5days before he said he has fixed it... after using the car for sometimes,yet still the same fault... luckily my friend introduce me to another reliable mechanic ND he did this same issues just for 8k

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by legalwealth(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2019

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 11, 2019
Daviestunech:
To me mechanic are more corrupt than politicians.....I just changed mine currently...my Toyota Camry recently develop a fault ie engine oil leaking underneath the car...he charges me for 25k ND i bargain with him for 20k... fast forward I paid him 20k,took like 5days before he said he has fixed it... after using the car for sometimes,yet still the same fault... luckily my friend introduce me to another reliable mechanic ND he did this same issues just for 8k

8k?!
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 9:09pm On May 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Saw it posted on https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/122 by OP
I posted the link there just to create awareness..
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by Daviestunech(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2019
muyoge:

8k?!
Yap
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by asamwababy: 9:14pm On May 11, 2019
gummi21:

OP

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 9:19pm On May 11, 2019
asamwababy:

OP

I am not sure. Maybe he is...my intension are to share my story...people need to ensure they get accurate scanning reports...I didn't meet the mechanic in person. We spoke through phone .my sister took the car to him
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by dru23(m): 10:09pm On May 11, 2019
Daviestunech:

My brother you are very correct.. At least 80% of them are corrupt..... Mechanics and a manager almost run me out of uber business... a lot of them don't know poo ...but luckily for me now I have a good mechanic now from Togo ...... But if people take the time to learn the simple basics of car maintenance, I can assure you that trips to the mechanic shop will be less frequent ....a lot of people on forum unfortunately and fortunately are at the Mercy of a mechanic...

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by diportivo: 10:56pm On May 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Saw it posted on https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/122 by OP

monitoring spirit hoping to cum all over the thread grin

gummi21:

unfortunately,hopes dashed grin grin
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by thebigkendo(m): 11:02pm On May 11, 2019
So OP registered on nairaland today.. Just to tell us about his fraudulent mechanic.. Okay..okay.. Okay
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 11:22pm On May 11, 2019
thebigkendo:
So OP registered on nairaland today.. Just to tell us about his fraudulent mechanic.. Okay..okay.. Okay
yes yes that is the only reason I registered.. why would I come here to write an epistle ?? who makes up things like this...this is my experience ...what are you trying to say exactly
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by thebigkendo(m): 6:42am On May 12, 2019
gummi21:
yes yes that is the only reason I registered.. why would I come here to write an epistle ?? who makes up things like this...this is my experience ...what are you trying to say exactly

I have said exactly what I am trying to said sir grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by Daviestunech(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2019
dru23:

My brother you are very correct.. At least 80% of them are corrupt..... Mechanics and a manager almost run me out of uber business... a lot of them don't know poo ...but luckily for me now I have a good mechanic now from Togo ...... But if people take the time to learn the simple basics of car maintenance, I can assure you that trips to the mechanic shop will be less frequent ....a lot of people on forum unfortunately and fortunately are at the Mercy of a mechanic...
.. seriously I think dat will help
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 8:50am On May 12, 2019
thebigkendo:

I have said exactly what I am trying to said sir grin grin grin
and that is what are you insinuating ??come clean
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by thebigkendo(m): 9:34am On May 12, 2019
gummi21:
and that is what are you insinuating ??come clean
That is??
thebigkendo:

What are you insinuating??
I asked a question & you have answered my question.. Case closed grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by CityNGR: 10:57am On May 12, 2019
Haruna bus stop.... Lagos.
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2019
CityNGR:

Behave.
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by CityNGR: 1:41pm On May 12, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Behave.
Get a life.
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by diportivo: 4:47pm On May 13, 2019
CityNGR:

faculty of agric

FUOYE

ekiti state undecided
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by Lexusgs430: 6:59pm On May 13, 2019
This is the simple reason I am not an advocate, for this vehicle parking investment......

If one stays in a state with Uber or Bolt, they are a cheaper/better alternatives.........
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 9:12pm On May 14, 2019
diportivo:

faculty of agric

FUOYE

ekiti state undecided
what has this got to do with post I wrote above? nothing to say why not move along...
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by diportivo: 9:34pm On May 14, 2019
gummi21:

what has this got to do with post I wrote above? nothing to say why not move along...

na as dem say u be,na im u be

the one I quoted hasn't taken offence

u are here barking

move along koor,charismatic movement ni

1 Share

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by gummi21: 7:58pm On May 15, 2019
diportivo:

na as dem say u be,na im u be

the one I quoted hasn't taken offence

u are here barking

move along koor,charismatic movement ni
I asked a simple question....I cannot read what you just wrote..please can you rewrite ?? or explain it
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by legalwealth(m): 8:30pm On May 16, 2019
gummi21:

I asked a simple question....I cannot read what you just wrote..please can you rewrite ?? or explain it

Please ignore them!

They are just catching fun plus they can as well be very irritating, stinking and disgusting attimes/most times. Not sure you can handle their attitudes like I did and capable of if they start.

Eventhough I'm having a feeling that the said mechanic is on nairaland but you didn't want to let the cat out of the dog probably because of fear.

Just summon courage and give us the details of the said mechanic then watch this thread from afar.

#Chai!Ishagbaduntodeylookfortrouble grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by CityNGR: 8:34pm On May 16, 2019
I ain't joining issues with any errant poster
Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by dannybrasky(m): 8:37pm On May 16, 2019
grin meds seems to have expired grin

legalwealth:

Please ignore them!

They are just catching fun plus they can as well be very irritating, stinking and disgusting attimes/most times. Not sure you can handle their attitudes like I did and capable of if they start.

Eventhough I'm having a feeling that the said mechanic is on nairaland but you didn't want to let the cat out of the dog probably because of fear.

Just summon courage and give us the details of the said mechanic then watch this thread from afar.

#Chai!Ishagbaduntodeylookfortrouble grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by dongc(m): 12:49pm On May 18, 2019
CityNGR:
I ain't joining issues with any errant poster
what has been your contribution to the post above....OP shared important information for people to learn....but many of you are spending time trying to discredit or derail it...what a Bleep is going on...[img][/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by Agasco2020(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2019
Please what is the mechanic number

dru23:

Re: Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics by truthbetold22: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2019
diportivo:

monitoring spirit hoping to cum all over the thread grin

I normally would not even comment on nairaland but Oga, you are too old for this sorta stupidity. Legalweath may not be the nicest person but you and your moronic crew keep monitoring his posts and masturbating needlessly. You asslick gazzuzz left and right, I am not sure to what end, maybe monetary. Even if Gazuzz is prominent on Nairaland today, he could be off tomorrow, Where is Siena today?

Quit spending all your time on Nairaland and get a proper life. It is disgusting to all viewers of the cartalk section the way you and your co-consiprators hide behind the keyboard to insult people who share counter opinion. You have destroyed Cartalk section. I used to respect Gazuzz as much as I respected Siena but NOT ANYMORE and I believe I am not alone in this assertion. Live and let live. Na your mate na him own nairaland. U dere dere dey throw insult up and down like a child.

unfortunately,hopes dashed grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Fx35 On Sale? / Abuja Ban On Minibuses Starts Today / Mercedes Reportedly Sold Over A Million Vehicles By Cheating Emission Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.