Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Is It A Crime To Chose A Partner From Other Tribe? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Crime To Chose A Partner From Other Tribe? (1094 Views)

One Thing That Could Stop Your Partner From Cheating! / If You Will Chose A Celebrity To Date Who Will It Be / Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Chose A Partner From Other Tribe? by SEA(m): 8:26am On May 05, 2007
Nairalanders, Is it a crime to marry from other ethnic group? My fiancee is from Edo while i'm from Oyo state.The problem is that 80% of my people are not in support of my choice.It's only one of my parents that support me which means the house is divided over my choice.

My mum is totally against it as well as majority of my blood brothers and sisters.Reason is simply that they want me to marry within my tribe at all cost.Some even warned me to dance to their tune or else they deal with the girl whom they said will never be welcome into the family.

I firmly maintain my ground.I'm unpertubed but the broblem is that my fiancee is feeling the heat.What do I do?Should i leave her? And this the girl that mean the whole world to me.This is our 2nd year in it. Advise me as i want to settle down early next year. Help me out.
Re: Is It A Crime To Chose A Partner From Other Tribe? by macgozy(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2007
Hi brother, am in same shit as U but the fact remains that I can never compromise or stoop to any level just to please anybody. My mum, sisters love my wife to be, but my dad and younger brother detest her but nevertheless I'm not perturbed one bit cos I'm okay with her and same thing applies to her so nobody can come in between us. I am to live my entire life on planet earth with her and not them, and even if I settled for their choice, when the bubble burst none of them will be there to assist or proffer any reasonable advice. So u're left to contend with your problem.

You're mature and know exactly what is right from wrong so choose either to live happily with ur Edolite or be pushed to booze, late nights etc by your Yoruba consignment. the ball is in your court
Re: Is It A Crime To Chose A Partner From Other Tribe? by mekoyo(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2007
No, not at all. Love knows no bound. Just as macgozy said you are matured and know what is right for you. You can choose from any tribe it's your life your love life for that matter.
Remember the decison you make today will determine your destiny. MAke a wise decison, don't be carried away by the discouragement and tribal remarks. If you love her then go ahead. Seek God's presence and pray hard HE will surely see you through.
Re: Is It A Crime To Chose A Partner From Other Tribe? by sammyjl(f): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2007
No its not a crime. Not where i live

(1) (Reply)

Relatonship / Romance Of Life / What Attracts Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.