Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40098 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2019
crowley:

AJ is nt the only one to defeat Vladimir Klitskcho, Tyson Fury beat him up too.

AJ lost the fight to a determined and very fast fighter with core strenght and one of the best at counters. you dnt throw a debut match. this was AJ American debut. And he underestimated his opponent.

As for d timeframe, AJ original opponent was Jarrell Miller who failed his drug test and had to be replaced.

Height And Long Arm is your greatest disadvantage against a short fast counter boxer. once they take away ur range, ur reach becomes useless. Ruiz did that, got very close to AJ.

Buster Douglas beat Mike, Holyfield beat Douglas. thats boxing
understood. Holyfield applied his height and arm advantage over Douglas, check it ...and Mike too is a fast killer in the ring like Ruiz . I've watched many of his fights even in his active days. I was still in the secondary school in those days. Anyway, let's see what happens in the Nov rematch.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2019
ogbonti:

The more you try to scream with your fingers here, the less your capacity to convince me

Peter McNeely was the first fight Mike Tysons had, to re- launch him into Boxing after he left jail. Did you watch that fight? It was a sham!

It's on YouTube, go see it. It was not a real fight but a confidence booster match for Tyson to re-launch his career.

Now let me ask you, How much did AJ who lost receive and how much did Ruiz, who won receive? If you know what the amount is, what does that tell you? It's all marketing and speculations and bettings!

Lastly, guy, slow down... u seem to be more angry than AJ who smiled to the bank with millions of $$$ . Stop crying more than the bereaved. In life sometime's you win and sometimes you lose, life goes on

And calling Ruiz and flabby white Mexican is a racist comment..... repent...ok?

After u Wil be calling oyinbo people racist when even on nairaland, you are making racist remarks against a hispanic

BTW, FYI...Ruiz is not Caucasian or White

He is Hispanic

Everyone that has curly hair and fair complexioned is white to Nigerians in Naija, lol grin

Ur whole racial explanations is quite daft, i won't go into that.

"Now let me ask you, How much did AJ who lost receive and how much did Ruiz, who won receive? If you know what the amount is, what does that tell you? It's all marketing and speculations and bettings!"

Still exposing urself that u know nothing about. On boxing, Payments have nothing to do with who won or lost the fight, The amount that each boxer receives is fixed long before the Match so this ur talk is purely off point.

AJ has a glass jaw, it has been confirmed n there's nothing anyone can do about it. Rant on as much as u like, It means nothing n won't change the fact that AJ was knocked senseless into a concussion n didn't even remember where he is.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2019
fairfora:
and AJ has never lost any. Ruiz has lost several amateur fights in the past, please check it. If same Ruiz should face vladimir klitskcho, who was humiliated by AJ, na stretcher dem go take carry am commot for ring. AJ in my opinion lost to him deliberately and its gonna be on record. He played in the hands of his promoter on match fixing. Even if he beats Ruiz in the rematch, it's not going to be enough to rebuild the confidence fans have reposted on him. All those sports men and women are only interested in money at the expense of their fans. They know how to do the bidding and that's why some of them would take performance enhancing drugs to achieve their aim, not minding the reactions of their fans , if caught. Let's see what happens in the November rematch. Why i think the match was fixed, the timeframe of the notice, the height and long arm advantage of AJ which was never maximized on Ruiz , the experience...AJ has never lost any fight....he has beaten the unbeatable including the klitskcho of this world. Who is Ruiz that he couldn't deal with?

Goan read about Ruiz because u don't know anything about him. This match was a U.S debut for AJ and he would never throw it away, he was well beaten m knocked out silly.

Nigeria corruption has tainted the mind of the average Nigerian to the extent that they think there's fraud associated with everything they see
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2019
oyetpel:

There might not have been a rematch clause bro.

I keep wondering why Parker didn't ask for rematch when he lost to AJ.

Agreeing to a rematch to fight AJ after Hearn must have begged him is still the best thing to ever happen to Ruiz.

Even as a champion of 4 belts he can't pull crowd so the best thing is to fight AJ again, but now ask for 50-50 pay win or lose.

Hearn is not experienced. His father was.

Every champion adds a rematch clause to his fights. He has the leverage to do so.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ScotMisile: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2019
ogbonti:

So Italian movies was responsible for Bernardino Tapie of Marseilles FC getting into match fixing ? And all that sports fixing going on that we read on the newspapers and watch on world wide tv? For you to agree you are wrong, you bring in a movie as a lame excuse

Keep.wallowing in ignorance

AJ was neatly beaten. .period
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Small080(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Joshua had up to 6 weeks to get a new juju
Hmm is not easy to do international juju oh grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

A boxer of such class shouldn't get knocked down 4 times in 4 rounds, it never happened to Ali, Tyson, Foreman or Fraizer. I'm fact Ali was knocked down just 3 times in 21 years

Learn this today, AJ has a glass jaw n there's nothing u can do about it.
You didn't answer the question. You have agreed that Tyson, Ali , Foreman and Frazier were all knocked down at some point in their careers. Does that make them weak fighters? That was the question I asked you.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Vitali is bleeping strong, thats why he never got knocked down, it wasn't about his skills. He met several formidable opponents n none could knock him down despite several of them giving him very solid punches for over a decade. Ur trying to present a scenario that Vitali klitchko prevented all the punches directed to him for his entire career..

AJ has a glass chin, Against Wilder, Fury n Urs truly Ruiz it will always show.
What I mean is, Vitali Klitchko had insane defensive skills, he knew how to ride opponent punches and take out the sting in them. Same with Mayweather.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ogbonti: 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
ScotMisile:

AJ was neatly beaten. .period

Ok, you win, feel better? grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
hermesprogidy:

What I mean is, Vitali Klitchko had insane defensive skills, he knew how to ride opponent punches and take out the sting in them. Same with Mayweather.

Mayweather was also knocked down 2 or 3 times in his career.

Just take it like this, AJ has a glass jaw
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
hermesprogidy:

You didn't answer the question. You have agreed that Tyson, Ali , Foreman and Frazier were all knocked down at some point in their careers. Does that make them weak fighters? That was the question I asked you.

Don't confuse urself any further.

Ali was knocked down 3 times in 21 years.

AJ was knocked out 4 times in 4 rounds.

AJ has a glass jaw, it has been established.

There is nothing else to answer u.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Don't confuse urself any further.

Ali was knocked down 3 times in 21 years.

AJ was knocked out 4 times in 4 rounds.

AJ has a glass jaw, it has been established.

There is nothing else to answer u.
At least you are gracious enough to bow to superior argument. That you are confused, is not my fault.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Mayweather was also knocked down 2 or 3 times in his career.

Just take it like this, AJ has a glass jaw
I don't recall disputing what ever glass jaw crap you keep mentioning. Is Mayweather a weak fighter too? Or does he have glass jaw? Mr man/woman go articulate your points and stop this beer parlor argument.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
hermesprogidy:

I don't recall disputing what ever glass jaw crap you keep mentioning. Is Mayweather a weak fighter too? Or does he have glass jaw? Mr man/woman go articulate your points and stop this beer parlor argument.

Are u dis daft? Mayweather was kncoked down only 2 times in his 2 decade career.

AJ has been uncooked down 4 times in 4 rounds.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Are u dis daft? Mayweather was kncoked down only 2 times in his 2 decade career.

AJ has been uncooked down 4 times in 4 rounds.

You are the daft one, I thought your criteria for strength was not getting knocked down. Olodo.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
hermesprogidy:

You are the daft one, I thought your criteria for strength was not getting knocked down. Olodo.

Everybody can get knocked down, but not 4 times in 1 fight. It has never happened to any greats, which is a path AJ has been on
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Everybody can get knocked down, but not 4 times in 1 fight. It has never happened to any greats, which is a path AJ has been on
Now you agree it's okay to get knocked down. I rest my case. Peace.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Now you agree it's okay to get knocked down. I rest my case. Peace.

I never at any point said it's not okay for a boxer to get knocked down, i said it's not okay for a world champion to get knocked down 4 times in 4 rounds.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 4:03am On Jun 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I never at any point said it's not okay for a boxer to get knocked down, i said it's not okay for a world champion to get knocked down 4 times in 4 rounds.
Go back to your earlier post where you wrote AJ was weak because he got knocked down. That's the beauty of the internet, what you post is permanent.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
Ekakamba:
How much for an Enterprise?
we need to kniow which of them you're refrring to whatsap or call me
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Go back to your earlier post where you wrote AJ was weak because he got knocked down. That's the beauty of the internet, what you post is permanent.

He is weak because he got knocked down 4 times in 4rounds.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 3:36am On Jun 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop bringing in strength comparisons of non boxers.

AJ vs other boxers in his category, he isn't strong. Stop saying he got up 4 times, the more important thing to ask is why he even hot knocked down 4 times between 4 rounds. Most solid boxers like AJ even get very few knockdown in their careers. Vitali Klitchko was never knocked down in his entire career, that's what I mean by a physically strong boxer.

In a 12 round boxing match, Heavy punching floors skill any time any day
See bold portion of your comment on your definition of who a "physically strong boxer" is. FYI, I don't agree to your assertion that AJ is weak because he got knocked down four times in a match.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Bossjakande: 11:37am On Jun 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

Then, Lewis must have also lost to Rahman to generate more revenue for a rematch? In short, all Ali's losses were fixed. In short, all boxing upsets were fixed.

You people are funny.

White men rationalizing the fight are talking about pre-fight injury, overconfidence, and concussion as a possible cause of Joshua's loss.

Only Nigerians are talking about match fixing.

The country is so corrupt that we can't even rationalize an upset without being certain that something illegal was involved.

guy warn ur girl. because dis insult is getting too much.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
hermesprogidy:

See bold portion of your comment on your definition of who a "physically strong boxer" is. FYI, I don't agree to your assertion that AJ is weak because he got knocked down four times in a match.

""AJ vs other boxers in his category, he isn't strong. Stop saying he got up 4 times, the more important thing to ask is why he even hot knocked down 4 times between 4 rounds.""

Stop cherry picking portions that suits ur baselessly false narrative.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by BluntBoy(m): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
Bossjakande:
guy warn ur girl. because dis insult is getting too much.

Oga Jaks, leave my wife alone na. grin

See, I have gone through her posts, I didn't see where she insulted you since that last time.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""AJ vs other boxers in his category, he isn't strong. Stop saying he got up 4 times, the more important thing to ask is why he even hot knocked down 4 times between 4 rounds.""

Stop cherry picking portions that suits ur baselessly false narrative.
Stop typing trash then. Nairaland is not a beer parlor. Some people see through bullshit.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Stop typing trash then. Nairaland is not a beer parlor. Some people see through blullshit.

Daft
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Daft
Lol.. e pain am. Adios.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Lol.. e pain am. Adios.

Pain?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Utd Cut Down Pogba's Asking Price In Order To Offload Him / Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas / Arsenal Used Odumodu Blvck’s Song "Declan Rice " For Declan Rice Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.