Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40100 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2019
stagger:
I hope boxing has not returned to the era where the Mafia controlled and fixed fights as part of their gambling interests.

AJ was beaten.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by DonGtoG1(m): 8:47am On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Did u watch the fight?

My brother, the pain was as if i was the one that directly lost the fight.
I just feel that A.J should buckle up and take revenge.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2019
meobizy:

Cherry picking in combat sports is not necessarily luck.
Anybody can knock anybody out.
Watch MMA matches and see the huge discrepancies which can lead to victory for lesser skilled fighters.
With boxing the odds are not so much hence the reason champions stay champions for so long.

Cherry picking work wella. AJ has been doing it for ages now
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ScotMisile: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2019
Joshua was tipped to defeat baby Miller, but the voluntary drug test disqualified baby Miller. Then came in a lesser boxer in Ruiz, Naturally, as expected: AJ underestimated the biggest underdog in boxing.
Long story short AJ lost to that guy, but had AJ prepared for this fight with his mind like he was preparing for a Wilder, fury or kilitschiko fight. . He would have knocked Ruiz clean. .but, he felt a fat bum lesser than who he can deal with was sharing the ring with him.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 05, 2019
Small080:
If you don't want to get beating again, make you na come to naija, ijebu people go give you na juju grin grin

Why ijebu people never go into boxing go become another mohammed Ali?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by iamso9ce(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2019
No be by six packs again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 05, 2019
wolfofbtcstreet:
The whole fight was a setup and AJ acted well smh

U didn't watch the fight
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Minatoleku: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2019
WiLdFLame:
AJ no Dey fight like pastor again oo
Be ruthless for Naija sake ....put all Naija problem into one punch and knock all your opponents out
lol grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
I knew it!

Knew what?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2019
olaolaking:
If you really think we'll, you will know that rematch is part of the deal. A boxing deal is not as easy to land and this deal just got sealed after 4 days.

As you have said, I don't think you are wiser than Ruiz. Every reasonable person including Ruiz himself knows that his chance of defeating Aj again is slim and the best option would be to avoid Joshua for now. But because that is part od the deal, he must consent.

Ruiz has no need to avoid AJ
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 05, 2019
gr8tone:
The first one was a fixed match. Did you guys wonder why the looser earned more money than the winner after the match? It was really a fixed game. Trust me, bet9ja fans really know what I mean

U know absolutely nothing about boxing and how their payment system works.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Guy this Ruiz go beat Wilder..just check his Instagram post as far Bak as October last year and discover how ready he is

Wilder isn't in the same league with Joshua
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2019
fairfora:
Boxing isn't organised like soccer my friend. Earnings from spectators, adverts and promotions before and during the fight and what was agreed determine what each would earn. However, the winner still earns more , no matter what. It's similar to a tennis game. Why not wait until Nov rematch and see the drama. Can Ruiz face Klitschko and other opponents and challengers AJ had fought and defeated in his career without losing a single fight ?

The winner doesn't earn more in boxing.

Pls grow up.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
no legendary boxer attain the status with clean slate.they all had their share of worst days inside the ring .cut Joshua some slack he is not the first champion to lose his belt. Eddie hearn just like Don King re gamblers .the bout was a worst poorly fixed match. AJ won first 3 rounds and switched of immediately he knocked down Ruiz in the 3rd round. He was just on defensive and cliching till the bout was over.that is not a typical AJ that fought more brutal and experience Klitschko till 11 rounds. AJ will knockout that fat Bum before 5th round in november

AJ defeated klitchko because klitchko was 42 years old due for retirement and AJ was 28. Nothing special, it wasn't a true test for AJ.

Real test for AJ in today's world of boxing is wilder, Fury n of course yours truly, Ruiz.

This match wasn't fixed, AJ was beaten blue black
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 05, 2019
ogbonti:
this match was fixed - Joshua was asked to lose so to hype a re-match, if you know, you know - the more you look, the less you see grin

never ever trust gamblers and boxing promoters!!!!

Joshua doesn't need to lose to a fat flabby boxer just to hype a rematch.

AJ was thoroughly beaten n knocked out silly
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

Body language experts says otherwise.

Which body language expert said otherwise?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 05, 2019
gr8tone:
You are the dumb one here bro. Can't you communicate effectively without insult? So the looser goes home with higher percentage ko!! You can't rule my view out. The fact that he's been winning is the more reason why a game can be fixed to earn more money. How many of the winning matches has he replayed? Don't be an idiot all your life

U are typing nonsense with confidence.

Esrnjbg in boxing is decided in the contract several weeks or months before the fight.

Win or lose, AJ will still take the higher cut.

In their rematch, win or lose, AJ will still take the lions share.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2019
Awoo88:

In boxing, the amount each gets is determined before the fight so that win or loss will not affect it. Mayweather defeated Oscars the golden boy but got less pay. He defeated Corrales but got less pay. A boxer is worth the numbers of seat you can fill, the number of sponsorship he can bring and the pay per view he can generate. The rematch will see Ruiz earnings more because a lot more people will seeing that fight because of him. This time, the generated revenue will be shared depending on the negotiating power of team Ruiz. 50/50, or even 40/60 in favour of Ruiz. Payment is not determined by who wins. Payment is determined by the contract signed before the fight.

U are 100% correct.

But AJ will take more cash than Ruiz in the rematch
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

AJ defeated klitchko because klitchko was 42 years old due for retirement and AJ was 28. Nothing special, it wasn't a true test for AJ.

Real test for AJ in today's world of boxing is wilder, Fury n of course yours truly, Ruiz.

This match wasn't fixed, AJ was beaten blue black
no wahala, hope u won't call Ruiz an easy ride when AJ retrieves his belt back from the fat Bum championgrin.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Horus(m): 9:36am On Jun 05, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrk1uYWE4s

Anthony Joshua Wants Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jr.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Your observations are spot on. After Aj knocked Ruiz down, I noticed he kind of let his guards down and proceeded to finish off the guy thinking it would be a routine knockout. But a Ruiz counter punch streaked out of the blue and landed in a sensitive spot behind the ear, that punch destabilised Aj and he never recovered. I think this Ruiz guy will beat Wilder, he won't stand a chance with Fury though.

Ruiz likely won't beat Wilder.

Ruiz beat AJ because AJ wasn't that physically strong n he also have quite a low stamina
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2019
fairfora:
and AJ has never lost any. Ruiz has lost several amateur fights in the past, please check it. If same Ruiz should face vladimir klitskcho, who was humiliated by AJ, na stretcher dem go take carry am commot for ring. AJ in my opinion lost to him deliberately and its gonna be on record. He played in the hands of his promoter on match fixing. Even if he beats Ruiz in the rematch, it's not going to be enough to rebuild the confidence fans have reposted on him. All those sports men and women are only interested in money at the expense of their fans. They know how to do the bidding and that's why some of them would take performance enhancing drugs to achieve their aim, not minding the reactions of their fans , if caught. Let's see what happens in the November rematch. Why i think the match was fixed, the timeframe of the notice, the height and long arm advantage of AJ which was never maximized on Ruiz , the experience...AJ has never lost any fight....he has beaten the unbeatable including the klitskcho of this world. Who is Ruiz that he couldn't deal with?

AJ hasn't beaten the unbeatable and he beat a 42 year old Klitchko who was due for retirement.

AJ was beaten blue black, U guys are a total disgrace. Pls stop talking about issues u don't know and u didn't even watch the fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
no wahala, hope u won't call Ruiz an easy ride when AJ retrieves his belt back from the fat Bum championgrin.

A FAT bum beat the champion of the world grin grin.

The rematch will be even n if AJ doesnt come with an A game and far better stamina, Then he is surely going to be knocked-out again.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 10:01am On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

A FAT bum beat the champion of the world grin grin.

The rematch will be even n if AJ doesnt come with an A game and far better stamina, Then he is surely going to be knocked-out again.
The Fat Bum signed a contract to make money for himself , the promoters ,and also keep Joshua belts for 6months before he retrieved it back from him while stakers spectators pay more. Everybody knows the match was poorly fixed even the spectators booed both AJ and the Fat Bum cos it was a lacklustre performance. One would expect the international media to be Buzzing by now that there is a new champion but No they know the plot and didn't fall for it. Even the Fat Bum that was expected to be call upon by media giants for interview was last seen at Madison squaregringrin you think a new heavyweight champion will be crowned and the whole international media's will kept quiet like nothing happenedgringrin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by panmunium(m): 10:14am On Jun 05, 2019
And AJ will still be knocked out at seventh round
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Ruiz likely won't beat Wilder.

Ruiz beat AJ because AJ wasn't that physically strong n he also have quite a low stamina
How can you say AJ is not physically strong? What does that even mean? Anyone fighting in that ring, professionally is stronger than average, so saying AJ is not physically strong is a non starter. What you need to know is that boxing and other combative sports is not necessarily about strength. It is about targeting vulnerable spots in the body and landing punches to those places. I don't care who you are, but if you get punched in the Liver, with a force greater than 5m/s, you are going down. If you get punched behind the ears, you are going to be wobbly and disoriented. You need to give AJ credit for getting up four times, most boxers will be out after two knock downs.
Ruiz is a skilled and extremely fast boxer, he also packs a heavy punch. Wilder has very heavy punches, but is not even as skilled as AJ. In my opinion, Fury is fast and skilled, that is why I think Ruiz will be no match for Fury.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 05, 2019
hermesprogidy:

How can you say AJ is not physically strong? What does that even mean? Anyone fighting in that ring, professionally is stronger than average, so saying AJ is not physically strong is a non starter. What you need to know is that boxing and other combative sports is not necessarily about strength. It is about targeting vulnerable spots in the body and landing punches to those places. I don't care who you are, but if you get punched in the Liver, with a force greater than 5m/s, you are going down. If you get punched behind the ears, you are going to be wobbly and disoriented. You need to give AJ credit for getting up four times, most boxers will be out after two knock downs.
Ruiz is a skilled and extremely fast boxer, he also packs a heavy punch. Wilder has very heavy punches, but is not even as skilled as AJ. In my opinion, Fury is fast and skilled, that is why I think Ruiz will be no match for Fury.

Stop bringing in strength comparisons of non boxers.

AJ vs other boxers in his category, he isn't strong. Stop saying he got up 4 times, the more important thing to ask is why he even hot knocked down 4 times between 4 rounds. Most solid boxers like AJ even get very few knockdown in their careers. Vitali Klitchko was never knocked down in his entire career, that's what I mean by a physically strong boxer.

In a 12 round boxing match, Heavy punching floors skill any time any day
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by themonk(m): 10:46am On Jun 05, 2019
gr8tone:
You are the dumb one here bro. Can't you communicate effectively without insult? So the looser goes home with higher percentage ko!! You can't rule my view out. The fact that he's been winning is the more reason why a game can be fixed to earn more money. How many of the winning matches has he replayed? Don't be an idiot all your life
Yes if you preestablish a percentage in a contract regardless of who the winner or loser is, the percentage remains the same. A simple Google search will teach your dumb ass.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

AJ vs other boxers in his category, he isn't strong. Stop saying he got up 4 times, the more important thing to ask is why he even hot knocked down 4 times between 4 rounds. Most solid boxers like AJ even get very few knockdown in their careers. Vitali Klitchko was never knocked down in his entire career, that's what I mean by a physically strong boxer.

Why would I stop saying he got up four times when he did? Getting up after getting knocked down is a sign of toughness hence strength. Are you saying Mike Tyson was not strong because he was also knocked down? If your criteria for strength of a boxer is not getting knocked down, then I guess Mohammed Ali, George Foreman, Joe Fraser, and other great boxers we know, were weak boxers. Lastly I am not comparing strength of non boxers, read what I wrote. I am telling you about basic human physiology. The human body is very, very vulnerable. That is why some people classify boxing as an extreme sport.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Speaking of Vitali Klitchko, go watch his fights, he never allows his opponent to land telling punches on him, if you can't land punches, how can you knock him down? Vitali was strong and skilled, skill is the bedrock of boxing. A punch in the right place will take out anybody. Unless you are saying boxers are not humans.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2019
fairfora:
now I see you don't understand the game of boxing...and that's why you could compare it with the game of soccer in your earlier post. I'm a boxing fan and I know the game wella. The history has shown and proven that boxing is one of the game where fixing is a commonplace, wrestling is next.
and i am a greater fan of boxing. and i did nt compare boxing with soccer. i gave an example. if you knw much abt boxing, you would knw there what a DRAW is, and also knw that the purse (prize money) is shared per draw ratio. the more popular you are, the more you draw people to ur fights. majority of the attendance were there because they want to see AJ fight. so he earns the larger share which is agreed upon when the contracts are signed. you can decline a challange if you want. and your promoter bags 20-30% of the pay. same with ur coaching staffs. as for match fixing, if you have proof, pls share. if u dnt, keep imagining it. grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oyetpel(m): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2019
gr8tone:
The first one was a fixed match. Did you guys wonder why the looser earned more money than the winner after the match? It was really a fixed game. Trust me, bet9ja fans really know what I mean

Winning in boxing doesn't mean you earn the most.

It about being the biggest draw.

Ruiz is 34-1, 34 wins, and the highest money he has ever received for winning is around $700,000.

Winning and earning $5m against Joshua is the best thing that will happen to him in his life.

That's why Wilder doesn't want to fight Aj, he wants 50-50 pay packet but Aj is the biggest draw and holder of 4 titles compared to Wilder's 1 title.

Its just like football, Man Utd finished 6th and have not won PL for the past 7 years, yet Man Utd is still the most valuable and richest club in England.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas / Arsenal Used Odumodu Blvck’s Song "Declan Rice " For Declan Rice Announcement / Afcon Finals: Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Apologises To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.