Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40090 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
fairfora:

AJ in my opinion lost to him deliberately and its gonna be on record. He played in the hands of his promoter on match fixing.

Why i think the match was fixed, the timeframe of the notice,

The height and long arm advantage of AJ which was never maximized on Ruiz, d experience.

Who is Ruiz that he could'nt deal with

AJ is nt the only one to defeat Vladimir Klitskcho, Tyson Fury beat him up too.

AJ lost the fight to a determined and very fast fighter with core strenght and one of the best at counters. you dnt throw a debut match. this was AJ American debut. And he underestimated his opponent.

As for d timeframe, AJ original opponent was Jarrell Miller who failed his drug test and had to be replaced.

Height And Long Arm is your greatest disadvantage against a short fast counter boxer. once they take away ur range, ur reach becomes useless. Ruiz did that, got very close to AJ.

Buster Douglas beat Mike, Holyfield beat Douglas. thats boxing

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oyetpel(m): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
ttmacoy:
There is a rematch clause as confirmed by the promoter Hearn who deals with the contracts and documents. Joshua does not handle negotiations or contracting, and I think what Joshua was saying was he did not ask for a rematch clause as he never though he would lose, but his promoter who is so experienced will always include a rematch clause as part of negotiations.

Remember this was a big unexpected opportunity for Ruiz who win or lose earned about $7m while his previous highest earnings was less than $1m. So agreeing to a rematch clause would not be a big issue to him given the benefits even if he lost.

There might not have been a rematch clause bro.

I keep wondering why Parker didn't ask for rematch when he lost to AJ.

Agreeing to a rematch to fight AJ after Hearn must have begged him is still the best thing to ever happen to Ruiz.

Even as a champion of 4 belts he can't pull crowd so the best thing is to fight AJ again, but now ask for 50-50 pay win or lose.

Hearn is not experienced. His father was.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oyetpel(m): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
olaolaking:
If you really think we'll, you will know that rematch is part of the deal. A boxing deal is not as easy to land and this deal just got sealed after 4 days.

As you have said, I don't think you are wiser than Ruiz. Every reasonable person including Ruiz himself knows that his chance of defeating Aj again is slim and the best option would be to avoid Joshua for now. But because that is part od the deal, he must consent.

Actually the best thing for Ruiz is to fight Joshua again to earn more dollars. Now he can bargain for 50-50 pay because he's now the champ.

You think Ruiz can fill up MSG on his own.

He fought Parker, how much did he earn.

Even Parker received his biggest pay when he fought AJ.

Aj has so many endorsement, deals with broadcasting corporations etc.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oyetpel(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Awoleesu:
After £20m alert!
AJ once spoke in Yoruba on a video clip...

"Omo naija ki lon happen nah?... Mon na jet si awon people yi lara... "

Na dia you go fia naija! we nor de carry last...
Chop the bucks now, reclaim your belt in rematch... It's all for the money, no hard feelings!

It's called a hustle sweetheart...
It wasn't Joshua that said that it was Israel Adesanya, MMA fighter.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Wilder isn't in the same league with Joshua
Until the day Deontay Wilder will kill AJ. those people will nt rest grin grin wilder is a killer grin grin

1. Fury
2. Wilder
3. then maybe AJ. maybe ooo!!!

when Wilder scatter Fury teeth for the rematch, the i will bring Wilder to no1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by gr8tone: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
oyetpel:

Winning in boxing doesn't mean you earn the most.

It about being the biggest draw.

Ruiz is 34-1, 34 wins, and the highest money he has ever received for winning is around $700,000.

Winning and earning $5m against Joshua is the best thing that will happen to him in his life.

That's why Wilder doesn't want to fight Aj, he wants 50-50 pay packet but Aj is the biggest draw and holder of 4 titles compared to Wilder's 1 title.

Its just like football, Man Utd finished 6th and have not won PL for the past 7 years, yet Man Utd is still the most valuable and richest club in England.
To be honest, I cherish some of you guys that have always tried your best to respond to comments without necessarily using insulting words. No matter how bad someone's comment is, I think it is his own opinion which he is entitled to it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by gr8tone: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
Awoo88:

In boxing, the amount each gets is determined before the fight so that win or loss will not affect it. Mayweather defeated Oscars the golden boy but got less pay. He defeated Corrales but got less pay. A boxer is worth the numbers of seat you can fill, the number of sponsorship he can bring and the pay per view he can generate. The rematch will see Ruiz earnings more because a lot more people will seeing that fight because of him. This time, the generated revenue will be shared depending on the negotiating power of team Ruiz. 50/50, or even 40/60 in favour of Ruiz. Payment is not determined by who wins. Payment is determined by the contract signed before the fight.
I appreciate this. We are all human and we can't always be right. Educating someone's ignorance is key in social life. Thanks
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oyetpel(m): 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Kyllahmc:
I still don't get boxing... So people get to choose when and who to fight when they are champion? It seems less competitive in that manner, i mean other sports don't give you that kind of choice and privilege.

It's not every time they choose who to fight, there is Mandatory challenger for every title, but being a champion doesn't mean you must fight a mandatory challenger, but you have have fights at least twice a year, if i champion doesn't fight at least twice in a year, Boxing associations who owns the titles e.g IBO, IBF, WBO, WBA wil demand you fight a mandatory challenger, if you don't they will strip you of the belt(s).

That was how Tyson Fury was stripped of his belts, no fight in two years.

After stripping, the a mandatory challenger and the next mc will fight for the belt.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oyetpel(m): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
Blainz:

So you and journalist know better than Eddie Hearn?

Hearn is not that experienced he's in the boxing biz because of his father.

He might have begged Ruiz for the rematch and Ruiz doesn't have a choice than to accept because it will make him richer but now Ruiz will want a 50-50 pay cut and Hearn have no choice than to agree.

He quickly announced the rematch because those words slipped out of Joshua's mouth.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by olaolaking: 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
oyetpel:

Actually the best thing for Ruiz is to fight Joshua again to earn more dollars. Now he can bargain for 50-50 pay because he's now the champ.

You think Ruiz can fill up MSG on his own.

He fought Parker, how much did he earn.

Even Parker received his biggest pay when he fought AJ.

Aj has so many endorsement, deals with broadcasting corporations etc.
From business angles, you are correct. But it also means that he is using that belt and title to play Baba ijebu
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by abbeynism(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
gbadexy:
Let's see how it goes. I saw a clips of the fight yesterday and the guy just seemed too strong for joshua. He was built like a tank and was on the offensive without anthony's punch fazing him.
The guy just kept on coming forward cornering anthony.

The only matured post here.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Awoo88: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
olaolaking:
I just laugh at you bragging about boxing. Have you been involved in boxing before? Have you ever seen a boxing ring before apart from your TV screen? Please explain what area of boxing you specialize on - managerial or administrative?

Again, I just laugh at you A lot
This is response lines of nothingness. I was expecting you to talk about the mechanism of business as it concerns rigged fight but instead, you are talking thrash. You don't even know me.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ogbonti: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Joshua doesn't need to lose to a fat flabby boxer just to hype a rematch.

AJ was thoroughly beaten n knocked out silly

Dude, you don't know how the sports world work in 2019. Why do we have match fixing allegations? We are just spectators. The people calling the shots; I mean those who dole out the money to pay AJ and Ruiz are behind the scene pulling the strings. They know what is good or bad for business when one fighter wins or gets knocked out in a certain time, and If a re-match will hype the trend to create mega earnings. You don't know how the world works my brother, even me, I learnt it late in life here in the west. Have you ever heard of "the come back kid" stuff? Hmm, chill..... both Ruiz and AJ are pawns in the hands of the real bet masters (not naija bet ooo, i mean those betting $200 million behind the scene, smoking raw cuban cigar and getting high on cocaine per second per second, worth tens of Billions of $$$; who get rich in million by just sneezing) and the die hard speculators. Both fighters are serving their interest, not ours!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ttmacoy: 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
Because Joshua held most of the cards against Parker. He had 3 belts against Parker’s WBO belt and he’s also the cash cow in the division. I’m sure Aj has a rematch clause in case he lost against Parker, similar to what the Klitchkos used to do to control the division.

Btw Hearn has confirmed the rematch clause against Ruiz has been triggered and it’s expected to take place Nov/Dec.

I agree with you re filling seats for the rematch but if there was no rematch clause I am very very sure Al Harmon who manages both Ruiz and Wilder would rather keep the belts within his fighters in the US and will pay Ruiz to fight Wilder instead. This will give him so much control over the division especially given the animosity between him and Hearn.

Edit: see attached confirming Joshua had a rematch clause against Parker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Joshua_vs._Joseph_Parker

oyetpel:

There might not have been a rematch clause bro.

I keep wondering why Parker didn't ask for rematch when he lost to AJ.

Agreeing to a rematch to fight AJ after Hearn must have begged him is still the best thing to ever happen to Ruiz.

Even as a champion of 4 belts he can't pull crowd so the best thing is to fight AJ again, but now ask for 50-50 pay win or lose.

Hearn is not experienced. His father was.

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by BluntBoy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
The Fat Bum signed a contract to make money for himself , the promoters ,and also keep Joshua belts for 6months before he retrieved it back from him while stakers spectators pay more. Everybody knows the match was poorly fixed even the spectators booed both AJ and the Fat Bum cos it was a lacklustre performance. One would expect the international media to be Buzzing by now that there is a new champion but No they know the plot and didn't fall for it. Even the Fat Bum that was expected to be call upon by media giants for interview was last seen at Madison squaregringrin you think a new heavyweight champion will be crowned and the whole international media's will kept quiet like nothing happenedgringrin

Bro, just stop showing so much ignorance.

When Parker became a heavyweight champion, did you hear about it?

There was an upset and so it is expected that the world would buzz about it rather than about the new champion.

It was exactly the same thing that happened when Rahman beat Lewis. The world would be shocked by the upset that they might not even be excited that the world of boxing has a new champion.

Ruiz has worked hard to get to where he is. The only loss in his record is debatable as he was clearly robbed against Parker.

Ruiz has technically never been beaten before. He has got fast hands and he likes to come to fight. Aside Whyte, everyone Joshua has fought were defensive. Ruiz came out to fight and had Joshua on the backfoot for the first time in his career.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Small080(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Why ijebu people never go into boxing go become another mohammed Ali?
Anthony Joshua na ijebu now grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by olaolaking: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
Awoo88:

This is response lines of nothingness. I was expecting you to talk about the mechanism of business as it concerns rigged fight but instead, you are talking thrash. You don't even know me.
OH yes. I do not know where to start. I decided to let go
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Awoo88: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
olaolaking:
OH yes. I do not know where to start. I decided to let go
You don't know at all. It is a good thing you let it gi
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Awoleesu(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
oyetpel:

It wasn't Joshua that said that it was Israel Adesanya, MMA fighter.
Oops! Must have mixed up identities...

Thanks for putting me through.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Small080:

Anthony Joshua na ijebu now grin grin

So why fat flabby Nigga bash am like say em thief cellphone for Oshodi?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
ogbonti:

Dude, you don't know how the sports world work in 2019. Why do we have match fixing allegations? We are just spectators. The people calling the shots; I mean those who dole out the money to pay AJ and Ruiz are behind the scene pulling the strings. They know what is good or bad for business when one fighter wins or gets knocked out in a certain time, and If a re-match will hype the trend to create mega earnings. You don't know how the world works my brother, even me, I learnt it late in life here in the west. Have you ever heard of "the come back kid" stuff? Hmm, chill..... both Ruiz and AJ are pawns in the hands of the real bet masters (not naija bet ooo, i mean those betting $200 million behind the scene, smoking raw cuban cigar and getting high on cocaine per second per second, worth tens of Billions of $$$; who get rich in million by just sneezing) and the die hard speculators. Both fighters are serving their interest, not ours!

Show me just one boxing pundit or analyst in any Sports station in Europe or America that is saying AJ sold the fight.

I'm tired of replying people who didn't watch this boxing match
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Speaking of Vitali Klitchko, go watch his fights, he never allows his opponent to land telling punches on him, if you can't land punches, how can you knock him down? Vitali was strong and skilled, skill is the bedrock of boxing. A punch in the right place will take out anybody. Unless you are saying boxers are not humans.

Vitali is bleeping strong, thats why he never got knocked down, it wasn't about his skills. He met several formidable opponents n none could knock him down despite several of them giving him very solid punches for over a decade. Ur trying to present a scenario that Vitali klitchko prevented all the punches directed to him for his entire career..

AJ has a glass chin, Against Wilder, Fury n Urs truly Ruiz it will always show.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Why would I stop saying he got up four times when he did? Getting up after getting knocked down is a sign of toughness hence strength. Are you saying Mike Tyson was not strong because he was also knocked down? If your criteria for strength of a boxer is not getting knocked down, then I guess Mohammed Ali, George Foreman, Joe Fraser, and other great boxers we know, were weak boxers. Lastly I am not comparing strength of non boxers, read what I wrote. I am telling you about basic human physiology. The human body is very, very vulnerable. That is why some people classify boxing as an extreme sport.

A boxer of such class shouldn't get knocked down 4 times in 4 rounds, it never happened to Ali, Tyson, Foreman or Fraizer. I'm fact Ali was knocked down just 3 times in 21 years

Learn this today, AJ has a glass jaw n there's nothing u can do about it.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Small080(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

So why fat flabby Nigga bash am like say em thief cellphone for Oshodi?
Ah, na different man he want fight before that one go for medical and was disqualified.....
And our Joshua go met the new champion....
The juju way them do for am is for that first guy!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ekitimanalways(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
grin
WiLdFLame:
AJ no Dey fight like pastor again oo
Be ruthless for Naija sake ....put all Naija problem into one punch and knock all your opponents out
grin
WiLdFLame:
AJ no Dey fight like pastor again oo
Be ruthless for Naija sake ....put all Naija problem into one punch and knock all your opponents out
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
Small080:

Ah, na different man he want fight before that one go for medical and was disqualified.....
And our Joshua go met the new champion....
The juju way them do for am is for that first guy!

Joshua had up to 6 weeks to get a new juju
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ogbonti: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Show me just one boxing pundit or analyst in any Sports station in Europe or America that is saying AJ sold the fight.

I'm tired of replying people who didn't watch this boxing match

And they should announce it with megaphone so you can believe them... I ask you, for what reason? Does your opinion matter where the big players are? You think these people worry about people like me and you ranting on nairaland? Grow up boy!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
ogbonti:

And they should announce it with megaphone so you can believe them... I ask you, for what reason? Does your opinion matter where the big players are? You think these people worry about people like me and you ranting on nairaland? Grow up boy!

""And they should announce it with megaphone""

Aren't u here blabbing ur own with megaphone? What stops them from megaphoning their own?

Show me 1 pundit that suggested the match was fixed or hold ur useless Nigerian stories told only by nigerians worldwide to justify the defeat of a man who was beaten blue black n knocked down 4 times m knocked into a state of concussion n kept telling his coach that he doesn't understand how he's feeling.

Nigeria has really destroyed the brains of the average Nigerian. The nation is so corrupt that whatever they see anywhere, they first of all assume that there is fraud associated with it.

Nothing like big players in a case where someone was beaten blue black. BIG players do not tell AJ what to do with his career. The last thing AJ needed for his wonderful career stats is a very fat n flabby white Mexican not just winning him in a fight, but beat him blue black n knock him out senseless.....it was a total disgrace for AJ.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ScotMisile: 4:56am On Jun 06, 2019
ogbonti:

Guy, calmn down and stop watching Italian movies.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ogbonti: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2019
ScotMisile:

Guy, calmn down and stop watching Italian movies.

So Italian movies was responsible for Bernardino Tapie of Marseilles FC getting into match fixing ? And all that sports fixing going on that we read on the newspapers and watch on world wide tv? For you to agree you are wrong, you bring in a movie as a lame excuse

Keep.wallowing in ignorance
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ogbonti: 5:44am On Jun 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""And they should announce it with megaphone""

Aren't u here blabbing ur own with megaphone? What stops them from megaphoning their own?

Show me 1 pundit that suggested the match was fixed or hold ur useless Nigerian stories told only by nigerians worldwide to justify the defeat of a man who was beaten blue black n knocked down 4 times m knocked into a state of concussion n kept telling his coach that he doesn't understand how he's feeling.

Nigeria has really destroyed the brains of the average Nigerian. The nation is so corrupt that whatever they see anywhere, they first of all assume that there is fraud associated with it.

Nothing like big players in a case where someone was beaten blue black. BIG players do not tell AJ what to do with his career. The last thing AJ needed for his wonderful career stats is a very fat n flabby white Mexican not just winning him in a fight, but beat him blue black n knock him out senseless.....it was a total disgrace for AJ.

The more you try to scream with your fingers here, the less your capacity to convince me

Peter McNeely was the first fight Mike Tysons had, to re- launch him into Boxing after he left jail. Did you watch that fight? It was a sham!

It's on YouTube, go see it. It was not a real fight but a confidence booster match for Tyson to re-launch his career.

Now let me ask you, How much did AJ who lost receive and how much did Ruiz, who won receive? If you know what the amount is, what does that tell you? It's all marketing and speculations and bettings!

Lastly, guy, slow down... u seem to be more angry than AJ who smiled to the bank with millions of $$$ . Stop crying more than the bereaved. In life sometime's you win and sometimes you lose, life goes on

And calling Ruiz and flabby white Mexican is a racist comment..... repent...ok?

After u Wil be calling oyinbo people racist when even on nairaland, you are making racist remarks against a hispanic

BTW, FYI...Ruiz is not Caucasian or White

He is Hispanic

Everyone that has curly hair and fair complexioned is white to Nigerians in Naija, lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ronnie Brunswijk: Vice President Of Suriname Plays For Their National Team / Man Utd Cut Down Pogba's Asking Price In Order To Offload Him / Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.