Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40099 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Skmoda360(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
DonGtoG1:
JOSHUA, it's better you re-shape that guy that looks like unfiltered raw pap in a bag, on the said date without allowing him to go beyond the first round of the match.
He need to give him better "noob saibot upper cut" cheesy grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by stagger: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
I hope boxing has not returned to the era where the Mafia controlled and fixed fights as part of their gambling interests.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by gr8tone: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
The first one was a fixed match. Did you guys wonder why the looser earned more money than the winner after the match? It was really a fixed game. Trust me, bet9ja fans really know what I mean

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by meobizy(f): 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

If the fight holds, it will be because Ruiz Jr. wants it to happen.
No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry
Cherry picking in combat sports is not necessarily luck.
Anybody can knock anybody out.
Watch MMA matches and see the huge discrepancies which can lead to victory for lesser skilled fighters.
With boxing the odds are not so much hence the reason champions stay champions for so long.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
If this is true and there's a rematch, Anthony please destroy the burrito and fries guy.

I can't wait for that to happen cos dis Anthony's loss pain me like I lost someone embarassed

I couldn't even concentrate at work. Match clips were soo painful to watch how this fluffy guy was just knocking Legendary Anthony down.

I still believe in Anthony and his capabilities. I just don't think he prepared much for that match.

Failure to prepare = prepare to fail.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by denda(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
cool cool cool
e no pass like that oooo
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.
Apt, it's a win win for AJ.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by koolaid87: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
Any link to confirm joshua saying that

Rematch was part of the contract

LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by duality(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
Na make this ruiz guy, no go kill AJ with blow for ring, be my concern.

People dey talk say na arangee... But the guy nearly kill AJ.

Dem say na Arangee... But we see say from round 3, AJ leg come dey shake.

AJ, If eh no let you do cancel the fight. We need you alive.

Before small boy go use blow scatter your brain.

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by stanley000: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lol he prolly needs 6months to heal up th fresh wounds from that drug dealer lol, lazy fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Junkie1: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
IMAGINE GETTING HIS ASS BEAT UP AGAIN THE SECOND TIME

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.
have sense. You are paid weda you win or lose the same amount in the contract signed before the match. AJ name earns more revenue, so he earns more than his opponents. he wins or not, he earns the same. all boxers do. you people with little knowledge of how a sports work would just come here and be flaunting ur mumulity. you think he would want to have a lose in his record? you think everyone is driven by money? he earned 70mil pounds from his last 5 matches which he won. this was a debut in the USA. the money boxers earn are based on popularity and location. the 5mil earned by ruiz jr is the highest in his career. AJ lost fair nd square. a beaten man

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Small080(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
If you don't want to get beating again, make you na come to naija, ijebu people go give you na juju grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by planetx: 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
He will knock him out if they meet again, because the Mexican dude can throw a punch and has a strong chin and stamina. Forget about AJ muscle, boxing is not about muscle, he will disgrace him again. And to those saying the fight was staged knows nothing about boxing, he beat AJ like he stole something.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by wolfofbtcstreet: 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
The whole fight was a setup and AJ acted well smh

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ttmacoy: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
There is a rematch clause as confirmed by the promoter Hearn who deals with the contracts and documents. Joshua does not handle negotiations or contracting, and I think what Joshua was saying was he did not ask for a rematch clause as he never though he would lose, but his promoter who is so experienced will always include a rematch clause as part of negotiations.

Remember this was a big unexpected opportunity for Ruiz who win or lose earned about $7m while his previous highest earnings was less than $1m. So agreeing to a rematch clause would not be a big issue to him given the benefits even if he lost.

LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

No one can force him.

*spits angry

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
I knew it!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by gbefun40(m): 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ajeku iya ni o je ani to ko le mu ni ton day na ba ni
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Ekakamba: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
re123lord:
We can get your business/ company register for you with the Corporate affairs commissions at affordable price
How much for an Enterprise?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by olaolaking: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

No one can force him.

*spits angry
If you really think we'll, you will know that rematch is part of the deal. A boxing deal is not as easy to land and this deal just got sealed after 4 days.

As you have said, I don't think you are wiser than Ruiz. Every reasonable person including Ruiz himself knows that his chance of defeating Aj again is slim and the best option would be to avoid Joshua for now. But because that is part od the deal, he must consent.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Tartie(m): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
Joshua no 1 hear word, him go still collect beaten and moreover Nov go reach Ruiz go form injury,..

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by alBHAGDADI: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.

Your head is correct

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by lilgf4u: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Andy Ruiz seems to be faster than Joshua. He punches faster than him... That is serious threat to him.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
[s]
YorubaWarrior:
[/s]
Please shut up and take your ghetto motor park garage theory and go graduate

Stupid person you think every one is wretched and hunger stricken like you and lacks any dignity ?

F00l

Dirty thing get away from here let. Educated people enjoy the anticipation of a rematch

Stupid îdiot

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
gr8tone:
The first one was a fixed match. Did you guys wonder why the looser earned more money than the winner after the match? It was really a fixed game. Trust me, bet9ja fans really know what I mean
boxing prize is agreed before d fight olodo

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Awoleesu(m): 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
After £20m alert!
AJ once spoke in Yoruba on a video clip...

"Omo naija ki lon happen nah?... Mon na jet si awon people yi lara... "

Na dia you go fia naija! we nor de carry last...
Chop the bucks now, reclaim your belt in rematch... It's all for the money, no hard feelings!

It's called a hustle sweetheart...

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by vibbb: 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
Agbo ta i di meyin.

Agbara lo lo mu waa.

Stay focused AJ, u can beat dis ruiz guy.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by themonk(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
olaolaking:
If you really think we'll, you will know that rematch is part of the deal. A boxing deal is not as easy to land and this deal just got sealed after 4 days.

As you have said, I don't think you are wiser than Ruiz. Every reasonable person including Ruiz himself knows that his chance of defeating Aj again is slim and the best option would be to avoid Joshua for now. But because that is part od the deal, he must consent.
People keep downplaying Ruiz because of his looks. Have you looked at the stats and facts?
Ruiz has 105 amateur fights and won 100 of them.
He has 33 professional fights and won 23 by knockout his only loss to Joseph Parker is controversial. I repeat Andy Ruiz is not a Joke, Joshua had no answers for his fast combinations, he knocked Joshua down 4 times in two rounds! This shows he knew what he was doing, he wasn't there to play, overlook Andy Ruiz at your own ignorance.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas / Arsenal Used Odumodu Blvck’s Song "Declan Rice " For Declan Rice Announcement / Afcon Finals: Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Apologises To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.