Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40087 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Same result. Aj cannot recover from hard punches. Klitcscho shud have ended the hype. Gasses out too quick

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Deepfeel(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
If that guy defeats AJ a second time that means His career Don end be that

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by olaolaking: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
planetx:
He will knock him out if they meet again, because the Mexican dude can throw a punch and has a strong chin and stamina. Forget about AJ muscle, boxing is not about muscle, he will disgrace him again. And to those saying the fight was staged knows nothing about boxing, he beat AJ like he stole something.
Even you don't know anything and you think you know. Tell me one reason why you think the fight is not staged and I will tell you several reasons why you should believe it eas staged

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
gr8tone:
The first one was a fixed match. Did you guys wonder why the looser earned more money than the winner after the match? It was really a fixed game. Trust me, bet9ja fans really know what I mean
only dull people knw what you mean.. there is no winner or loser paycheck in boxing. payment is agreed upon when contracts are signed. AJ party organised & called Ruiz party, so the contract terms would favour AJ. the amount each boxer would earn came out 4days before the match was fought. always do research b4 coming here nd start shouting y would loser earn more than winner. the more popular you are, the more u earn. abi when cardiff beat man united, they earn pass man united? norb their normal salary they get? norb the same salary wer they man united players contract they earn? norb the same revenue from stadium attendance they earn? same with boxing. once contract is signed btw two boxers, you earn what was signed in the contract. you only lose ur dignity nd teeth

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by kenzosky: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
Some people said there was a kind of conspiracy behind the fight, but i don't think so. Joshua thought the fight was gonna be a walk on the park, he wasn't well trained for the fight and Ruiz was ready to die to win.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
olaolaking:
Even you don't know anything and you think you know. Tell me one reason why you think the fight is not staged and I will tell you several reasons why you should believe it eas staged
you that know, what is ur reason? and go and do research in boxing b4 u start shouting why would AJ earn more than Ruiz. i am tired of hearing tha poo from clueless people.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Gforce2019: 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
Andy Jr go beat Joshua Anthony as many as possible.
He should just take to his fate. The guy is better boxer than AJ.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by xwolverine: 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.

Boxing doesn't work like that, you don't throw a fight to lose your belt and gamble on the probability of not getting all three belts back. for example, the IBF have a very strict rule with regards to their belt and accepting a rematch, Ruiz might have to fight a contender or get stripped of the belt between now and November. Plus most boxers like to brag about their undefeated record and would be uncharacteristic for them to throw a fight.

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Olusheyi1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
You need to see the info on my signature/profile here....
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
nepapole:

Naso una make mouth before oooo...

U DEY MIND THEM!

ANYBODY WEY SHAME LET WATCH THAT MATCH KNOW SAY THAT FATY BOMBOM BEAT AJ LIKE A THIEF!

THIS REMATCH NOW THE GUY FIT TAKE AM FINISH AJ's BOXING CAREER!

GOD FORBID SHA!

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by xwolverine: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

you that know, what is ur reason? and go and do research in boxing b4 u start shouting why would AJ earn more than Ruiz. i am tired of hearing tha poo from clueless people.

He did earn more, he was the champ and it is in the contract Ruiz signed. Ruiz has no leverage to demand more money, heck this 5 million is the highest Ruiz has earned in his career.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

oga the bout was fixed to generate more revenue. AJ is getting his belt back. People like you will argue that wrestling is real
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Gforce2019: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
Small080:
If you don't want to get beating again, make you na come to naija, ijebu people go give you na juju grin grin

Ijebu and juju are inseparable...all of them are juju compliance.
Marry ijebu people to your own peril. Forget about religion in the their area , it is just a camouflage...the real thing is under them. The have the juju in quantum.

I was dating ijebu lady, he thought I would marry her. I just dumped her like pack of empty pizza.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Ceyl(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2019
They want to unfix the match.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Small080(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2019
Gforce2019:

Ijebu and juju are inseparable...all of them are juju compliance.
Marry ijebu people to your own peril. Forget about religion in the their area , it is just a camouflage...the real thing is under them. The have the juju in quantum.

I was dating ijebu lady, he thought I would marry her. I just dumped her like pack of empty pizza.

You dumped ijebu lady, bro I greet your mum... If she get ready for you, you na go know say juju dey grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by jaxxy(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
DonGtoG1:
JOSHUA, it's better you re-shape that guy that looks like unfiltered raw pap in a bag, on the said date without allowing him to go beyond the first round of the match.

If he underrates Ruiz or any boxer again in any match he will only have himself to blame. Ruiz has only lost one fight that means he cud be technically sound or have sm unknown advantage people don’t see. Boxing is not about hype bt preparedness. Aj was sloppy. He will have to work hard to earn any respect right now.

I will also advise him to be respectful if he likes bt not too respectful. No great boxer keeps on acting all that respectful whatever dat begins to make u look sissy. They talk dirty and tough when necessary abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by TheAlchemist: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
AJ has a glass jaw like Thomas Hearns, like Khan, there is nothing he can do about it. How does he protect his glass jaws against a faster puncher in form of Ruiz. The only way AJ can beat Ruiz, is to run backward, clinch and hold, like Ali did during his years of decline.
Ruiz will train harder just to show all doubters that his victory was not a fluke. Ruiz is a bad match up for A.J. AJ is just a better version of Frank Bruno, big muscles but could not take a punch!

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by themonk(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
gr8tone:
The first one was a fixed match. Did you guys wonder why the looser earned more money than the winner after the match? It was really a fixed game. Trust me, bet9ja fans really know what I mean
Why are you so dumb? In boxing, a percentage split is decided before the match happens.

Since Joshua has been winning, it wasn't fixed. Now he lost, it's now fixed. Don't be an idi*ot all your life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by koolaid87: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
meobizy:
This is the worst decision he can make.
He should face some other guys to build back his confidence.
If Ruiz knocks him the Bleep out a second time his career will officially end.

It's better if he lose again then we'll be confident that he's nothing but a hype.

Right now ppl r giving him the benefit of the doubts.

Rematch will prove if he's one of the greatest or just another bum

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
oga the bout was fixed to generate more revenue. AJ is getting his belt back. People like you will argue that wrestling is real
and do you think revenue is generated for boxing? watin concern me concern wrestling? grin grin its only you that knw weda it was fixed. he lost. end of story. he got a dent in his record worth more than his share from the purse.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by omooajisnooni: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
Anthony Joshua will be having a re-match with Andy Ruiz in November, following his defeat at Madison Square in New York on Saturday.

Recall we reported earlier that American-born Mexican Ruiz produced one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight boxing history to take Joshua's IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight titles in New York on Saturday. The Nigerian born British fighter Joshua, 29, was floored four times as Ruiz defied his underdog status to win in seven rounds at Madison Square Garden. The London 2012 Olympic champion subsequently had a concussion test after the first defeat of his 23-fight career.  It was learnt that a rematch clause was part of the contract for the fight.

Fight promoter Eddie Hearn who confirmed that Anthony Joshua will be having a re-match with Andy Ruiz, said the clause had been triggered on Tuesday after talks.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/04/anthony-joshua-to-have-re-match-with-andy-ruiz-in-november/

my mind kept telling me that, the fight was fixed.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by themonk(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
LOL, the richest boxer alive, Mayweather didn't fix his boxing matches to lose why would Joshua. Most of you just spew thrash, Do you even watch boxing at all? Joshua didn't take a fake dive, did you look at his legs or his eyes? He was knocked down four times in two rounds. When you are diving do you get knocked down four times? Don't be an idi*ot

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

If the fight holds, it will be because Ruiz Jr. wants it to happen.
No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7095759/Anthony-Joshua-admits-didnt-ask-rematch-clause-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/02/anthony-joshua-rematch-andy-ruiz-jr

Shut up! He said he didn't for once think about the rematch clause in his contract because he doesn't see himself losing. Stupid children

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ScotMisile: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
But, what about AJs ailments? Have they been healed?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
xwolverine:

He did earn more, he was the champ and it is in the contract Ruiz signed. Ruiz has no leverage to demand more money, heck this 5 million is the highest Ruiz has earned in his career.
thank you. someone that actually knows hows boxing matches are made. the price money is split according to the draw each boxers has. there is no way on earth AJ would not draw more people the fight. heck Ruiz Jr cant match AJ 1 draw per 20 of AJ. so that 5mil he earned is even generous.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
xwolverine:

Boxing doesn't work like that, you don't throw a fight to lose your belt and gamble on the probability of not getting all three belts back. for example, the IBF have a very strict rule with regards to their belt and accepting a rematch, Ruiz might have to fight a contender or get stripped of the belt between now and November. Plus most boxers like to brag about their undefeated record and would be uncharacteristic for them to throw a fight.

So, was Ruiz or Baby Miller a mandatory for the 4 belts? You children should just stop talking.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

and do you think revenue is generated for boxing? watin concern me concern wrestling? grin grin its only you that knw weda it was fixed. he lost. end of story. he got a dent in his record worth more than his share from the purse.
no legendary boxer attain the status with clean slate.they all had their share of worst days inside the ring .cut Joshua some slack he is not the first champion to lose his belt. Eddie hearn just like Don King re gamblers .the bout was a worst poorly fixed match. AJ won first 3 rounds and switched of immediately he knocked down Ruiz in the 3rd round. He was just on defensive and cliching till the bout was over.that is not a typical AJ that fought more brutal and experience Klitschko till 11 rounds. AJ will knockout that fat Bum before 5th round in november

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by olaolaking: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

You and who discussed earnings?

Oga you don't know anything about boxing and even Aj.
That is the fact .
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by DonGtoG1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
jaxxy:

If he underrates Ruiz or any boxer again in any match he will only have himself to blame. Ruiz has only lost one fight that means he cud be technically sound or have sm unknown advantage people don’t see. Boxing is not about hype bt preparedness. Aj was sloppy. He will have to work hard to earn any respect right now.

I will also advise him to respectful if he likes bt not too respectful. No great boxer keeps on acting all that respectful whatever dat begins to make u look sissy. They talk dirty and tough when necessary abeg.

A.J just have to do every necessary/right thing and don't allow that watermelon to breathe in their next match, until the people on his ring side throws in the towel.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
themonk:

LOL, the richest boxer alive, Mayweather didn't fix his boxing matches to lose why would Joshua. Most of you just spew thrash, Do you even watch boxing at all? Joshua didn't take a fake dive, did you look at his legs or his eyes? He was knocked down four times in two rounds. When you are diving do you get knocked down four times? Don't be an idi*ot
don't have time for a foolish retardeen that believes match fixing doesn't exist in heavyweight boxing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ronnie Brunswijk: Vice President Of Suriname Plays For Their National Team / Man Utd Cut Down Pogba's Asking Price In Order To Offload Him / Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.