Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40013 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by unclesuruoffi: 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
Anthony Joshua will be having a re-match with Andy Ruiz in November, following his defeat at Madison Square in New York on Saturday.

Recall we reported earlier that American-born Mexican Ruiz produced one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight boxing history to take Joshua's IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight titles in New York on Saturday. The Nigerian born British fighter Joshua, 29, was floored four times as Ruiz defied his underdog status to win in seven rounds at Madison Square Garden. The London 2012 Olympic champion subsequently had a concussion test after the first defeat of his 23-fight career.  It was learnt that a rematch clause was part of the contract for the fight.

Fight promoter Eddie Hearn who confirmed that Anthony Joshua will be having a re-match with Andy Ruiz, said the clause had been triggered on Tuesday after talks.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/04/anthony-joshua-to-have-re-match-with-andy-ruiz-in-november/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by unclesuruoffi: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
cool cool cool
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by DonGtoG1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2019
JOSHUA, it's better you re-shape that guy that looks like unfiltered raw pap in a bag, on the said date without allowing him to go beyond the first round of the match.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by mcjohny(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
A J, I need this fat arj of a guy to be knocked out in the fifth round. if this guy faces deontay Wilder, he will tear wilder into pieces with that momentum. he is calm, calculative and focused unlike wilder always showing dance steps like SDM of kogi koya movement

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by chibike69: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
grin

short fat man wey beat Anthony Joshua like a criminal.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by YorubaWarrior: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by aspirebig: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Olarewaju89: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good news. AJ will scatter that guy fat stomach

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by greggng: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
I agree with wilder....he is overrated....not a true champion...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
AJ no Dey fight like pastor again oo
Be ruthless for Naija sake ....put all Naija problem into one punch and knock all your opponents out

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by gbadexy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
Let's see how it goes. I saw a clips of the fight yesterday and the guy just seemed too strong for joshua. He was built like a tank and was on the offensive without anthony's punch fazing him.
The guy just kept on coming forward cornering anthony.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by nepapole(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
Olarewaju89:
Good news. AJ will scatter that guy fat stomach
Naso una make mouth before oooo...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool
gbamm!

12 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
x
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by kinglee007(m): 9:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
But why kwanu? I just hope it won't be staged again.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
We can get your business/ company register for you with the Corporate affairs commissions at affordable price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
chibike69:
grin

short fat man wey beat Anthony Joshua like a criminal.

In life, you win and lose sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by watchindelta(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ppl stil shock fat man grin grin beat aj
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by QuietHammer(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
Arangee masters

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by helphelp: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Scripted.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by martowskin1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
greggng:
I agree with wilder....he is overrated....not a true champion...

Are u not a Nigerian, is there anything u dont agree to?

23 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by AngelicBeing: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

If the fight holds, it will be because Ruiz Jr. wants it to happen.
No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry
Hian, your moniker though, Luciferramadan, like seriously, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
mcjohny:
A J, I need this fat arj of a guy to be knocked out in the fifth round. if this guy faces deontay Wilder, he will tear wilder into pieces with that momentum. he is calm, calculative and focused unlike wilder always showing dance steps like SDM of kogi koya movement
senseless slowpoke spotted..
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by meobizy(f): 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
This is the worst decision he can make.
He should face some other guys to build back his confidence.
If Ruiz knocks him the Bleep out a second time his career will officially end.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by bigpicture001: 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
AJ is the biggest let down in boxing histort!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by koolaid87: 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
Joshua na yoruba man wey suppose believe in superstition.

There are some things you dont mess with...I'll take nothing away from Ruiz cos he was determined and trained hard for the bout, however, why would he take a picture with Drake.

He also gave his belts to Andy Ruiz when he requested to see it. You are the champ, you dont give him completely to hold it. That was silly of him.

He underestimated Ruiz and he paid the price

He's getting the belts back

Aya bi ekun

14 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Olarewaju89: 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
nepapole:

Naso una make mouth before oooo...

AJ lost because of £20m. Now that he has finally got the money, he need to make us happy back.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by martineverest(m): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
the most poorly fixed match ever

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Vs Cameroon AFCON 2021 3rd Place Play-off 3 - 5 pens, 5 Feb 2022 / Miss Of The Year: Aubameyang Fails To Score Open Goal Vs Benfica (Photos, Video) / CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.