Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40091 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by oscarossai(m): 1:17am On Jun 05, 2019
am in pains now cryam in pains now
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Shabillonair: 1:30am On Jun 05, 2019
Aj give him d pleasure of all d rounds but make each rounds hell fr him
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by PopeFlatino(m): 1:38am On Jun 05, 2019
Guys make una no underrate this Ruiz of a guy oo. D guy get mind and something for Bak wey dey give am excess morale..

This was wat he posted since October last year on IG..just this last week, The first victim happens to be AJ sad

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by PopeFlatino(m): 1:41am On Jun 05, 2019
Guy this Ruiz go beat Wilder..just check his Instagram post as far Bak as October last year and discover how ready he is
greggng:
I agree with wilder....he is overrated....not a true champion...

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Pavarottii(m): 2:16am On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.
Who do u think will collect more in d next fight? And do u know how many deals and endorsement AJ has lost... Ur analysis are wrong to me... Right now aj is under pressure... A lot of his endorsement will end.. He has started looking money from that day... And Andy ruiz is making money from that day...
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 4:44am On Jun 05, 2019
fairfora:
Boxing isn't organised like soccer my friend. Earnings from spectators, adverts and promotions before and during the fight and what was agreed determine what each would earn. However, the winner still earns more , no matter what. It's similar to a tennis game. Why not wait until Nov rematch and see the drama. Can Ruiz face Klitschko and other opponents and challengers AJ had fought and defeated in his career without losing a single fight ?
A passionate spreader of nonsense. where is it stated that a winner earns more than a loser? if you dnt knw how the prize money is shared, you do research. i thought by now with easy access to the internet, people would be more enlightened.. boxing is a sport. and like all sports, its nt all abt power. if you watched the fight, you would see that AJ could nt match Ruiz speed. and Ruiz replied 2punches for 8. no matter how big or hw good you are, a punch winds you out totally.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 4:47am On Jun 05, 2019
fairfora:
Boxing isn't organised like soccer my friend. Earnings from spectators, adverts and promotions before and during the fight and what was agreed determine what each would earn. However, the winner still earns more , no matter what. It's similar to a tennis game. Why not wait until Nov rematch and see the drama. Can Ruiz face Klitschko and other opponents and challengers AJ had fought and defeated in his career without losing a single fight ?
and btw have you checked Ruiz record? if you have not, check it. and AJ is now defeated. a taint in his record. Ruiz has lost just a single match. 33-1 22KO
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Truth234(m): 4:58am On Jun 05, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

If the fight holds, it will be because Ruiz Jr. wants it to happen.
No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7095759/Anthony-Joshua-admits-didnt-ask-rematch-clause-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/02/anthony-joshua-rematch-andy-ruiz-jr

In your mind you are smart right? What does Anthony Joshua know about a contract? The same AJ that does not know the meaning of Diaspora during post fight interview? Listen, Eddie Hearn, AJ promoter, will never leave his cash cow unprotected, Dillian Whyte fight didn't happen on April 13 because of rematch clause.

Rematch clause is a standard for every belt holder. Without it, you think Ruiz will rematch him? He even said it severally that they have a rematch clause but he has a percentage split unlike the first fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by crowley(m): 5:00am On Jun 05, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
no legendary boxer attain the status with clean slate.they all had their share of worst days inside the ring .cut Joshua some slack he is not the first champion to lose his belt. Eddie hearn just like Don King re gamblers .the bout was a worst poorly fixed match. AJ won first 3 rounds and switched of immediately he knocked down Ruiz in the 3rd round. He was just on defensive and cliching till the bout was over.that is not a typical AJ that fought more brutal and experience Klitschko till 11 rounds. AJ will knockout that fat Bum before 5th round in november
AJ switched off after he went down down the first. what a good punch can do to ur brain. and Ruiz became more aggresive after he went down in the 3rd round. we all have our day. that was nt AJ day. and Ruiz is an outstanding fight. has had more fights than AJ and more victories with just a single loss. if AJ can find a solution to Ruiz speed and aggresion, he would be beaten in the rematch.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ogbonti: 5:01am On Jun 05, 2019
this match was fixed - Joshua was asked to lose so to hype a re-match, if you know, you know - the more you look, the less you see grin

never ever trust gamblers and boxing promoters!!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by handsomebanana(m): 5:56am On Jun 05, 2019
TheAlchemist:
AJ has a glass jaw like Thomas Hearns, like Khan, there is nothing he can do about it. How does he protect his glass jaws against a faster puncher in form of Ruiz. The only way AJ can beat Ruiz, is to run backward, clinch and hold, like Ali did during his years of decline.
Ruiz will train harder just to show all doubters that his victory was not a fluke. Ruiz is a bad match up for A.J. AJ is just a better version of Frank Bruno, big muscles but could not take a punch!

At bolded. You forgot injure his brain.
I don't think he has the ability to endure beating like that.
He knows better than to do that
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by gr8tone: 6:15am On Jun 05, 2019
themonk:

Why are you so dumb? In boxing, a percentage split is decided before the match happens.

Since Joshua has been winning, it wasn't fixed. Now he lost, it's now fixed. Don't be an idi*ot all your life.
You are the dumb one here bro. Can't you communicate effectively without insult? So the looser goes home with higher percentage ko!! You can't rule my view out. The fact that he's been winning is the more reason why a game can be fixed to earn more money. How many of the winning matches has he replayed? Don't be an idiot all your life
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by BluntBoy(m): 6:59am On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.

Then, Lewis must have also lost to Rahman to generate more revenue for a rematch? In short, all Ali's losses were fixed. In short, all boxing upsets were fixed.

You people are funny.

White men rationalizing the fight are talking about pre-fight injury, overconfidence, and concussion as a possible cause of Joshua's loss.

Only Nigerians are talking about match fixing.

The country is so corrupt that we can't even rationalize an upset without being certain that something illegal was involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by YorubaWarrior: 7:01am On Jun 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

Then, Lewis must have also lost to Rahman to generate more revenue for a rematch? In short, all Ali's losses were fixed. In short, all boxing upsets were fixed.

You people are funny.

White men rationalizing the fight are talking about pre-fight injury, overconfidence, and concussion as a possible cause of Joshua's loss.

The country is so corrupt that we can't even rationalize an upset without being certain that something illegal was involved.

Body language experts says otherwise.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by BluntBoy(m): 7:10am On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

Body language experts says otherwise.

What did they say?

That the match was fixed?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Awoo88: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2019
olaolaking:
Even you don't know anything and you think you know. Tell me one reason why you think the fight is not staged and I will tell you several reasons why you should believe it eas staged
You don't know anything about boxing so you should shut up. Joshua overlooked this guy and paid for it. This guy was supposed to be a stay busy fight. Joshua lost fair and square. You people should stop talking about staged fight because it is moronic. The Maga fight with Wilder which is what every boxing is dieing to see is now in jeopardy. That is why most people are angry. Some pundits even called the lost a disgrace!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Awoo88: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2019
gr8tone:
You are the dumb one here bro. Can't you communicate effectively without insult? So the looser goes home with higher percentage ko!! You can't rule my view out. The fact that he's been winning is the more reason why a game can be fixed to earn more money. How many of the winning matches has he replayed? Don't be an idiot all your life
In boxing, the amount each gets is determined before the fight so that win or loss will not affect it. Mayweather defeated Oscars the golden boy but got less pay. He defeated Corrales but got less pay. A boxer is worth the numbers of seat you can fill, the number of sponsorship he can bring and the pay per view he can generate. The rematch will see Ruiz earnings more because a lot more people will seeing that fight because of him. This time, the generated revenue will be shared depending on the negotiating power of team Ruiz. 50/50, or even 40/60 in favour of Ruiz. Payment is not determined by who wins. Payment is determined by the contract signed before the fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

You people are funny.

Your observations are spot on. After Aj knocked Ruiz down, I noticed he kind of let his guards down and proceeded to finish off the guy thinking it would be a routine knockout. But a Ruiz counter punch streaked out of the blue and landed in a sensitive spot behind the ear, that punch destabilised Aj and he never recovered. I think this Ruiz guy will beat Wilder, he won't stand a chance with Fury though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by steve6: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

Well said !

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2019
crowley:

and btw have you checked Ruiz record? if you have not, check it. and AJ is now defeated. a taint in his record. Ruiz has lost just a single match. 33-1 22KO
and AJ has never lost any. Ruiz has lost several amateur fights in the past, please check it. If same Ruiz should face vladimir klitskcho, who was humiliated by AJ, na stretcher dem go take carry am commot for ring. AJ in my opinion lost to him deliberately and its gonna be on record. He played in the hands of his promoter on match fixing. Even if he beats Ruiz in the rematch, it's not going to be enough to rebuild the confidence fans have reposted on him. All those sports men and women are only interested in money at the expense of their fans. They know how to do the bidding and that's why some of them would take performance enhancing drugs to achieve their aim, not minding the reactions of their fans , if caught. Let's see what happens in the November rematch. Why i think the match was fixed, the timeframe of the notice, the height and long arm advantage of AJ which was never maximized on Ruiz , the experience...AJ has never lost any fight....he has beaten the unbeatable including the klitskcho of this world. Who is Ruiz that he couldn't deal with?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by olaolaking: 8:14am On Jun 05, 2019
Awoo88:

You don't know anything about boxing so you should shut up. Joshua overlooked this guy and paid for it. This guy was supposed to be a stay busy fight. Joshua lost fair and square. You people should stop talking about staged fight because it is moronic. The Maga fight with Wilder which is what every boxing is dieing to see is now in jeopardy. That is why most people are angry. Some pundits even called the lost a disgrace!!!
I just laugh at you bragging about boxing. Have you been involved in boxing before? Have you ever seen a boxing ring before apart from your TV screen? Please explain what area of boxing you specialize on - managerial or administrative?

Again, I just laugh at you A lot
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by BluntBoy(m): 8:16am On Jun 05, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Your observations are spot on. After Aj knocked Ruiz down, I noticed he kind of let his guards down and proceeded to finish off the guy thinking it would be a routine knockout. But a Ruiz counter punch streaked out of the blue and landed in a sensitive spot behind the ear, that punch destabilised Aj and he never recovered. I think this Ruiz guy will beat Wilder, he won't stand a chance with Fury though.

Thank you very much. Exactly my thought. When AJ knocked Ruiz onto the canvas, he thought he had scored a KO. Even when Ruiz beat the count, AJ still felt he had the fight under his control. Then he got hit and was different from then on.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2019
crowley:

A passionate spreader of nonsense. where is it stated that a winner earns more than a loser? if you dnt knw how the prize money is shared, you do research. i thought by now with easy access to the internet, people would be more enlightened.. boxing is a sport. and like all sports, its nt all abt power. if you watched the fight, you would see that AJ could nt match Ruiz speed. and Ruiz replied 2punches for 8. no matter how big or hw good you are, a punch winds you out totally.
now I see you don't understand the game of boxing...and that's why you could compare it with the game of soccer in your earlier post. I'm a boxing fan and I know the game wella. The history has shown and proven that boxing is one of the game where fixing is a commonplace, wrestling is next.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2019
DonGtoG1:
JOSHUA, it's better you re-shape that guy that looks like unfiltered raw pap in a bag, on the said date without allowing him to go beyond the first round of the match.

Did u watch the fight?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2019
mcjohny:
A J, I need this fat arj of a guy to be knocked out in the fifth round. if this guy faces deontay Wilder, he will tear wilder into pieces with that momentum. he is calm, calculative and focused unlike wilder always showing dance steps like SDM of kogi koya movement

Who will tear wilder to pieces?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

Rematch clause are slotted in by champions wen they discuss n sign agreements in boxing fights, there's nothing suspicious about that.

Ruiz beat AJ blue black, Only people who didn't watch the fight would say otherwise.

AJ isn't the first heavyweight to lose or to be kncoked-out, Mike Tyson, Mohammed Ali, etc were all knocked out. Tyson was knocked out by a lanky unknown boxer
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2019
martowskin1:

Are u not a Nigerian, is there anything u dont agree to?

Are u not a Nigerian too?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2019
koolaid87:
Joshua na yoruba man wey suppose believe in superstition.

There are some things you dont mess with...I'll take nothing away from Ruiz cos he was determined and trained hard for the bout, however, why would he take a picture with Drake.

He also gave his belts to Andy Ruiz when he requested to see it. You are the champ, you dont give him completely to hold it. That was silly of him.

He underestimated Ruiz and he paid the price

He's getting the belts back

Aya bi ekun

He would fight for that belt n it won't be easy.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 05, 2019
Olarewaju89:

AJ lost because of £20m. Now that he has finally got the money, he need to make us happy back.

What nonsense is this one saying?

AJ is the bigger boxer and will get more money irrespective of whether he lost or won, that's normal on boxing.

AJ was beaten blue black, Go and watch that boxing match.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 05, 2019
martineverest:
the most poorly fixed match ever

Please goan watch the match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ronnie Brunswijk: Vice President Of Suriname Plays For Their National Team / Man Utd Cut Down Pogba's Asking Price In Order To Offload Him / Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.