Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy (12735 Views)

These Are The Photos North Korea Doesn't Want You To See / Nelson Mandela Dead 2013” : Nobel Peace Prize 1993 Killed By Internet Death Hoax / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by denex: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2007
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/library/History/King_David.htm

It was you who wanted clarification.

All am saying Mariory, is that nobody pure. My friend davidylan is against Arabs because the Arabs say they will destroy jews (he said and christians, but I haven't heard that). I just used these links to show that jews don't say they're going to kill you. They just go ahead and kill you.

What we forget (or in some cases, don't know) is that before Palestine was finally decided on, the earlier plan was to relocate the jews to Uganda. If that had worked they state of Israel would have been formed in Uganda, that is how they would have been slaughtering Africans and we will say "O they are God's chosen people".

What people do not understand is that till the 1940's Israel was not a particular location, it was a "society of migratory people". Wherever they laid their head was Israel.

There are things that should not be mentioned because majority(99.991%) of people alive today don't know. So we keep them secret to avoid sounding crazy.

But you go and search for "the Ugandan Program" .

Finally, there is no community that doesn't want peace. Definitely if Egypt evacuates Palestinians from the Gaza into Egypt and Syria or Lebanon absorbs the ones on the West Bank, and all countries decide to strictly enforce laws against their citizens to prevent them from attacking Israel, there will be peace. But is this achievable? Even the Palestinians don't want peace anymore.

There MAY be a war. A very devastating war. Israel vs Lebanon+Syria+Palestinians, US+Australia vs Iran+Jordan+Iraqis+Afghans.
The British will hold back, the Egyptians and Saudis will hold back.
France, India, China and Russia will make billions off weapons sales.
Africa will maintain neutrality; the AU will hold the North African Arab countries from joining the war. The EU will remain neutral too. Broadcasting news.

It will be very ugly.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2007
denex:

All am saying Mariory, is that nobody pure. My friend davidylan is against Arabs because the Arabs say they will destroy jews (he said and christians, but I haven't heard that). I just used these links to show that jews don't say they're going to kill you. They just go ahead and kill you.

You with ur aversion to facts and truth. grin

Of course you didnt hear Prophet mohammed's call to islamic annihilation of the jews. How could you have heard the grand mufti of jerusalem and his plea to Hitler to kill all jews.
How could you have heard Gamal el Nasser's threat to destroy the jews.
i suppose u've never read Hamas article 24 neither have you ever heard Ahmedinajad and his vow to drive the jews into the sea.

Of course all these are mere figments of David's wild imagination. grin hypocrites.

denex:

What we forget (or in some cases, don't know) is that before Palestine was finally decided on, the earlier plan was to relocate the jews to Uganda. If that had worked they state of Israel would have been formed in Uganda, that is how they would have been slaughtering Africans and we will say "O they are God's chosen people".

Oh really? Bethlehem, Nazareth, Capernaum, Jerusalem e.t.c. were Jewish cities more than 4000 yrs ago. Where do you think the term "temple mount" came from? Thin air?

denex:

What people do not understand is that till the 1940's Israel was not a particular location, it was a "society of migratory people". Wherever they laid their head was Israel.

grin Isreal was not a particular location until 1940? What a load of tripe!! Society of migratory people? grin grin grin grin Jerusalem was capital of Isreal for over 4000 yrs and still remains so today. Wow, what a special brand of nomadic people!
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Afam(m): 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2007
I once stated that these christian fundamentalists are too busy hating everything arab or muslim and at the same time imagine that they are objective in their line of reasoning.

Well, even pastors these days dey commit very grave crimes so it is not surprising hearing from these self acclaimed defenders of Israel writing rubbish based on limited or even outright lack of understanding.

Wasn't in the least surprised that none of them heard or knew that the State of Israel was supposed to have been created in Africa because they can't find it in google.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2007
Afam:

I once stated that these christian fundamentalists are too busy hating everything arab or muslim and at the same time imagine that they are objective in their line of reasoning.

Well, even pastors these days dey commit very grave crimes so it is not surprising hearing from these self acclaimed defenders of Israel writing rubbish based on limited or even outright lack of understanding.

Wasn't in the least surprised that none of them heard or knew that the State of Israel was supposed to have been created in Africa because they can't find it in google.

as usual, no genuine comment but merely piggy backing on someone else's posts without bothering to validate it so long as it supports the myopic anti-isreal sentiment.

Here is the REAL reason for the Ugandan program:

At the Sixth Zionist Congress at Basel on August 26, 1903, Herzl proposed the British Uganda Program as a temporary refuge for Jews in Russia in immediate danger. By a vote of 295-178 it was decided to send an expedition ("investigatory commission"wink to examine the territory proposed.

That clearly was NOT an attempt to create an independent Jewish nation but to create a temporary place to relocate Jews in danger of pogroms in Russia. As at 1903, Palestine was in the hands of the muslim Ottoman empire so it was impossible for the jews to move back to the historical land of Isreal.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Mariory(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2007
Just to take a side from history and take a look at what's happening now. Current events that no one can deny or manipulate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6761725.stm

This is not the first time the fundamentalists would try to draw in Israel with Israeli blood.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Tornadoz(m): 12:55am On Jun 18, 2007
@davidylan
Have you thought of applying for the Israeli foreign ministers job? Tzipi Livni is very ambitious
(she wants the prime ministerial job) you could always present these historical and archaelogical evidence once and for all.

PS
Don't forget to take your friend, (yes him) the Nairaland spin doctor aka Joseph Goebbels . Am sure you would both succeed where America propaganda failed to make a dent. Lets see my friend spin a future intifada to a sceptical global audience.
Thanks.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Iman3(m): 1:03am On Jun 18, 2007
Tornadoz:

PS
Don't forget to take your friend, (yes him) the Nairaland spin doctor aka Joseph Goebbels . Am sure you would both succeed where America propaganda failed to make a dent. Lets see my friend spin a future intifada to a sceptical global audience.
Thanks.

There is one distinguishing characteristic that Goebbels bore.He had a visceral prejudice for the Jews.You too share a similar anti-Jewish prejudice.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 18, 2007
Tornadoz:

@davidylan
Have you thought of applying for the Israeli foreign ministers job? Tzipi Livni is very ambitious
(she wants the prime ministerial job) you could always present these historical and archaelogical evidence once and for all.

If you have any reason why what i posted is wrong or biased please duly provide concrete proof rather than burying your head in the sand!

The evidence that has been provided here has not been refuted by any of you here.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Afam(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2007
davidylan:

If you have any reason why what i posted is wrong or biased please duly provide concrete proof rather than burying your head in the sand!

The evidence that has been provided here has not been refuted by any of you here.

Better wake up young man, do you intend to use this forum for people to be correcting you all the time?

So, you google up something, post it as fact (even if you knew nothing about it before) and expect people to prove you right or wrong. I guess the best way to go with people like you is allow them to continue with their faulty reasonings, it seems sweeter that way to see someone talking about things he/she knows very little about.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by somze(f): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2007
Afam:

Better wake up young man, do you intend to use this forum for people to be correcting you all the time?

So, you google up something, post it as fact (even if you knew nothing about it before) and expect people to prove you right or wrong. I guess the best way to go with people like you is allow them to continue with their faulty reasonings, it seems sweeter that way to see someone talking about things he/she knows very little about.

You are to be the most pitied on this thread, too afraid to expose your islamic background by falsely hiding under the cloak of christianity.

While Davidylan and co refutes claims with proof to support his position and links to support his arguments, you guys respond by bringing up purely baseless and laughable issues some of which have been -

1. Pastors commit grave crimes thats why christians support isreal (perhaps with this logic we understand why islamist/extremist support palestine),
2. David should apply for ministerial post in Isreal (perhaps you and tornado should do so for Hamas)
3. and the latest is that David uses google search engine and that is wrong wrong wrong. (By default i assume you are a professor of research history and you in no way use search engines, books or any materials from other people to butress your spurious claims)

Please if you cant refute any evidences given, do the honorable thing and be silent. Cease these silly remarks.
Re: Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy by Afam(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2007
And the slowpoke gets opportunity to make useless remarks and disappears.

somze:

You are to be the most pitied on this thread, too afraid to expose your islamic background by falsely hiding under the cloak of christianity.

Islamic background? That is the way dogs and complete nonentities think and reason. Of course I must be a muslim for me to say anything that does not fully support Israel, just go straight to hell and rest there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11)

In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome / U.S. Approved More Bombs To Israel On Day Of World Central Kitchen Strikes / 5 Best Presidents in African History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.