Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody (28665 Views)

I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Edcure1: 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
kovic7:
Any slowpoke family member that comes to defend this their act of broad day light wickedness is a certified bastard... And that person will die a worse death. To even be using the baby to seek for help when they are not taking care of the money shows that they all want to die early. Greedy hungry bastards that are full of shit
Add to the fact that they even killed their brother through lethal injection... according to the OP.

SO DESPICABLE!

8 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
meobizy:

...and the difference between that and seizing is what?

They don't seize.

Do you know what seizing means? To forcefully take a child away.

She is EXPECTED, does not mean she is MANDATED to do it. If she likes, she can keep the child. Igbo people believe that when a child becomes an adult, they will seek their father's people, no matter how far they go.

Who wan seize pikin wey dem no fit feed? Na property Igbo people dey find, not liability.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by jaxxy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2019
Sm In-laws be acting like enemies of the state.

7 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by CaptainMitch: 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi ask the person to do a proper thread on twitter, I can talk to some influencers to trend it, the tweet isn't arranged sequentially.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Dreambeat: 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
meobizy:

Why don’t you just focus on the reason for the thread rather than dabbling in what you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sarah20A(f): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
Please post this on Facebook and Twitter where more eyes will see it. The right people will easily see and help you there.I am from Benin I have never held or seen where the late husband family will kidnap their late brother"s child.this is a case of kidnapping and murder

7 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by kovic7(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
if you want real and quick help, use, twitter, nairaland or instagram. tag the right people to influence and push it. This case is food for people like @segalinks... @maxiamadi will also do well and provide finance too.

3 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by djon78(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
meobizy:

Its different. Because the child belongs to the man. He paid the bride price. So its his offspring. But as long as woman is not married to another man, she can keep the baby or children, but once she remarries the children becomes the mans peoples own.
I know a friend of mine it happened to his brother. The guy died when his wife was 7 months pregnant. The guys family continued taking care of her and the child, but a rich man saw the girl and wanted to marry her, but she wanted to go with her son. The family talked and explained everything to the rich man, and the man gave the girl ultimatum to chose between being his wife OE following her son. Of course she choose marriage. Today that child is a teenager, very well cared for by the mans family,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by nkemdi89(f): 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
Register a case of kidnapping on your child, murder of your husband, and threat to life and attempted murder on your own life , go to any police command closer to where they reside.

13 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by meobizy(f): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
Dreambeat:
Why don’t you just focus on the reason for the thread rather than dabbling in what you know nothing about.
Hmm.
Your logic deems I should keep quiet regarding something I’ve seen multiple times first hand.

Bravo, what a worthy conclusion.
Bravo.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by barristerbiodun(m): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
Simple! Get a lawyer to apply for an order of custody stating all these facts in your affidavit. Insofar as you can show you're capable of taking care of her. No need for family meetings or involving security agencies. Once an order is sought and gotten with a perpetual injunction preventing your late husband's relatives from forcefully taking your baby again, the court will provide you with court sheriffs to go and retrieve your baby and handed over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by pocohantas(f): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
When I saw the stupid comments on the initial thread, I cringed...

You take a child away from the mother?

For what exactly?

7 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Dreambeat: 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
meobizy:

Hmm.
Your logic deems I should keep quiet regarding something I’ve seen multiple times first hand.

Bravo, what a worthy conclusion.
Bravo.
Then open a new thread about it so that knowledgeable people will educate you on it.It is obvious you need to be tutored on it.Nuff said!

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by dom(m): 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
Simple matter. When you are fully recovered, file for custody at the high court or customary court (if you only had a traditional marriage). There is no judge in this life that'll deprive a mother the custody of an infant child, unless the mother is a hopeless case.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2019
A child belongs to his parents. It took two people to birth a child. In the absence of the father, the father's family has no right to take over the child unless the mother wishes or is incapable of taking of the child. If she likes, let her marry a million times. It is her child. That child is a relative to everyone else.

djon78:

Its different. Because the child belongs to the man. He paid the bride price. So its his offspring. But as long as woman is not married to another man, she can keep the baby or children, but once she remarries the children becomes the mans peoples own.
I know a friend of mine it happened to his brother. The guy died when his wife was 7 months pregnant. The guys family continued taking care of her and the child, but a rich man saw the girl and wanted to marry her, but she wanted to go with her son. The family talked and explained everything to the rich man, and the man gave the girl ultimatum to chose between being his wife OE following her son. Of course she choose marriage. Today that child is a teenager, very well cared for by the mans family,

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by pocohantas(f): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2019
Sterope:
A child belongs to his parents. It took two people to birth a child. In the absence of the father, the father's family has no right to take over the child unless the mother wishes or is incapable of taking of the child. If she likes, let her marry a million times. It is her child. That child is a relative to everyone else.

I just decided to ignore him. The kind of men I avoid... angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by RZArecta2(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2019
SyNnadi:
Update: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend

Earlier thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5293255/battle-child-custody-deceased-friend

On the 15th of DEC 2018 I and my husband was involved in a motor car accident along kwale asaba road that left us with fractures ( I broke both of my tights a d my right arm while he broke just a thigh) .admitted at a hospital at kwale n discharged to go to benin to receive treatment from a traditional bone healer two days later he passed on after an injection was administered to him by his younger sister joy akhator Lawrence ( the injection was prepared for both of us but he was administered first). He was immediately rushed to a near by medical center where it was ascertained that he died because of the high dosage of d injection she(joy akhator Lawrence) said was a pain killer. His death by this time was not made known to me till few weeks later when I received a call from my landlord in Lagos saying she's sorry for my loss and that my sister in-law(loveth akhator) called her to tell her of the ordeal and also requested that access been given to her(loveth akhator) to pack my belongings in the apartment since my husband ( Emmanuel akhator) his brother was late. That she wanted to know weather its with my consent. That was where d battle started officially......
They never paid any visits to me or asked after my well being or asked how we r going about the surgeries I had to later go through ( because it got to a point I could no longer take the pains when the traditional bone man was treating me). Instead they went straight to my husband's office in sapele delta state to inform them of his demise and further demanded for what was due to him from the company. They even went on telling his friends and colleagues that am perfectly fine when they ask of my wellbeing not until d day of his funeral (January 12th,2019) when I was not seen on the ground. Then they stated asking many questions till they finally were able to get someone (a friend of mine) that showed them the hospital I was admitted Into......
MeanWhile they have been getting financial support from his office n friends without my knowledge.......

On getting to the hospital his colleagues were shocked at the condition they found me it was then they now told me of the statement made by my in-laws stating I was fine...... That it was my absence at d funeral ground them insisted on seeing me.....

All efforts for his friends to meet with me were thwarted by my in-laws since they were the ones they always go through
.....d night before the funeral my siblings had called me from home ( I was still in the hospital) that my late husband's elder brother (Osazee akhator) and some of their relatives came to our hose to demand for my baby (Success Osose akhator) but they said its late that she will b present in the morning for the funeral but my inlaws said no that they must take her that night and was threatening to drop the corpse of my late husband in my fathers compound. After all the shoits here and there from both families they left that night without my baby...on the funeral day, right from the mortuary that was wen the fight for baby success started till date. According to witnesses around. Success was forcefully taken from my siblings and that was d end.....

Few weeks later I demanded to see my baby at the hospital and asked my younger sister to help me go to my in-laws house (which was not far from the hospital I was) to help bring her for me to at less see but she came back saying the elder sister (loveth akhator) told her that I don't have business with success that success is now their property

Several meetings have been held by both families in their house but it all proved abortive

They became more angry wen they found out that my husband had no entitlement from his company after calling d company 3months after his burial........ Since he wasn't up to a year yet he was not added to d company's policy........ This I think made them hold on to my baby from the beginning thinking she was his next of kin�

They demanded all sort of things and called me all sorts of names . went as far as tarnishing my image n levying all sort of false allegation on me..

With all these I wasn't moved so they decided to permanently hold on to my child .

Those that later showed interest in the case asked them y they haven't returned my 2 year old baby yet to me, they started telling them that they are holding her pending when I fully recovers so as to trick them n make dem back off

My baby they have been using to get financial support from his friends.

Follow up on Twitter via her handle @vera_ogbebor

https://mobile.twitter.com/vera_ogbebor/status/1151126290591866880
child custody ? Minor case, na money kill am. Get a good lawyer

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by neyobills: 12:19am On Jul 18, 2019
Sterope:

I don't get this your logic sorry the surname of the child is of the fathers so the kid definitely belong to the fathers family in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by InvertedHammer: 12:21am On Jul 18, 2019
/
The sad part is that you can marry the best man in the world but from the worst family in the world.

Try as hard you may, you can never create a balance.

/

9 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by GGirll: 12:21am On Jul 18, 2019
kovic7:
Any slowpoke family member that comes to defend this their act of broad day light wickedness is a certified bastard... And that person will die a worse death. To even be using the baby to seek for help when they are not taking care of the money shows that they all want to die early. Greedy hungry bastards that are full of shit
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Dgr8hassiE(m): 12:22am On Jul 18, 2019
safarigirl:

Igbos rarely seize kids, who wan feed the pikin? They can insist the mother stays closeby, except she wants to remarry, then she is expected to return the child to their father's people.

This baby is too young to be separated from her mother
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Dinvictus: 12:22am On Jul 18, 2019
neyobills:

I don't get this your logic sorry the surname of the child is of the fathers so the kid definitely belong to the fathers family in my opinion

The child na property? Belong this belong that. Evil people

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Dinvictus: 12:24am On Jul 18, 2019
Such a pretty and tender baby. Pls let's help the mother get back her daughter. Before those evil men in that family would do the unimaginable. If they can separate a child from a grieving mum they can do worse.

4 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by wakes: 12:40am On Jul 18, 2019
Story
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2019
If everything that is said here is true, get a good family attorney. I'm willing and ready to contribute immensely to your legal fees, just keep up with the updates.

This is a new kind of wickedness, just tell them to keep enough money for legal fees cos alot of your sympathizers are ready and I humbly will be in the front of that fight. What nonsense. sad

11 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by spafu(m): 12:54am On Jul 18, 2019
SyNnadi:
Update from the wife
People wicked

Walahi

3 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by candyguyofficia(m): 1:14am On Jul 18, 2019
SyNnadi:
Update: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend

Earlier thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5293255/battle-child-custody-deceased-friend

On the 15th of DEC 2018 I and my husband was involved in a motor car accident along kwale asaba road that left us with fractures ( I broke both of my tights a d my right arm while he broke just a thigh) .admitted at a hospital at kwale n discharged to go to benin to receive treatment from a traditional bone healer two days later he passed on after an injection was administered to him by his younger sister joy akhator Lawrence ( the injection was prepared for both of us but he was administered first). He was immediately rushed to a near by medical center where it was ascertained that he died because of the high dosage of d injection she(joy akhator Lawrence) said was a pain killer. His death by this time was not made known to me till few weeks later when I received a call from my landlord in Lagos saying she's sorry for my loss and that my sister in-law(loveth akhator) called her to tell her of the ordeal and also requested that access been given to her(loveth akhator) to pack my belongings in the apartment since my husband ( Emmanuel akhator) his brother was late. That she wanted to know weather its with my consent. That was where d battle started officially......
They never paid any visits to me or asked after my well being or asked how we r going about the surgeries I had to later go through ( because it got to a point I could no longer take the pains when the traditional bone man was treating me). Instead they went straight to my husband's office in sapele delta state to inform them of his demise and further demanded for what was due to him from the company. They even went on telling his friends and colleagues that am perfectly fine when they ask of my wellbeing not until d day of his funeral (January 12th,2019) when I was not seen on the ground. Then they stated asking many questions till they finally were able to get someone (a friend of mine) that showed them the hospital I was admitted Into......
MeanWhile they have been getting financial support from his office n friends without my knowledge.......

On getting to the hospital his colleagues were shocked at the condition they found me it was then they now told me of the statement made by my in-laws stating I was fine...... That it was my absence at d funeral ground them insisted on seeing me.....

All efforts for his friends to meet with me were thwarted by my in-laws since they were the ones they always go through
.....d night before the funeral my siblings had called me from home ( I was still in the hospital) that my late husband's elder brother (Osazee akhator) and some of their relatives came to our hose to demand for my baby (Success Osose akhator) but they said its late that she will b present in the morning for the funeral but my inlaws said no that they must take her that night and was threatening to drop the corpse of my late husband in my fathers compound. After all the shoits here and there from both families they left that night without my baby...on the funeral day, right from the mortuary that was wen the fight for baby success started till date. According to witnesses around. Success was forcefully taken from my siblings and that was d end.....

Few weeks later I demanded to see my baby at the hospital and asked my younger sister to help me go to my in-laws house (which was not far from the hospital I was) to help bring her for me to at less see but she came back saying the elder sister (loveth akhator) told her that I don't have business with success that success is now their property

Several meetings have been held by both families in their house but it all proved abortive

They became more angry wen they found out that my husband had no entitlement from his company after calling d company 3months after his burial........ Since he wasn't up to a year yet he was not added to d company's policy........ This I think made them hold on to my baby from the beginning thinking she was his next of kin�

They demanded all sort of things and called me all sorts of names . went as far as tarnishing my image n levying all sort of false allegation on me..

With all these I wasn't moved so they decided to permanently hold on to my child .

Those that later showed interest in the case asked them y they haven't returned my 2 year old baby yet to me, they started telling them that they are holding her pending when I fully recovers so as to trick them n make dem back off

My baby they have been using to get financial support from his friends.

Follow up on Twitter via her handle @vera_ogbebor

https://mobile.twitter.com/vera_ogbebor/status/1151126290591866880
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Yankee101: 1:29am On Jul 18, 2019
Please have a will

African people in most places (even in the US)don't have wills.

It will stop most of this wahal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by magicminister: 1:52am On Jul 18, 2019
What sort of wickedness is this??

What sort of evil is this?

A woman lost her husband, but you want to take her husband’s entitlement which by right should belong to the woman he married.
You also took the baby of the woman.
To what end if I may ask?

This injustice is just too much!! Haba.

It’s the man’s family that should be cooking for her and giving her money till grieving is over which is a whole year.

9 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by wisdomkid: 1:59am On Jul 18, 2019
God help you to smile Lady.
My prayer for you, your health, joy and precious daughter.

God still loves you and everything will soon be a testimony. Never forget that the JOY OF THE LORD is our strength.
God richly bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:59am On Jul 18, 2019
How can in-laws or any fukcing laws stop a mother from seeing her own child.... What bloody right do they think they have?!
That's when you understand why so many people unnecessarily lose their lives in Nigeria. Imagine the insult! The child that you carried 9 months, nurtured and cared for a couple of years, then suddenly some deluded person would say you cant see that child. In my world that's a death wish!

As someone earlier said..have a damn WILL people.

12 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:04am On Jul 18, 2019
neyobills:

Are you for real?! So you believe that the mother is no more entitled to be the mother/guardian of that child, right?! Now that child belong to fathers family?

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Help A Woman During Her Period / Little Boy Storms Out Of Family Gathering After Being Denied Swimming / Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 120

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.