Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody (28664 Views)

I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
alphaNomega:

Nigga, that union would be less than 2 years old!!! Who in his right senses thinks of a will that early? I can bet none of you shouting "will" here even have one. If you do, I bet it was not in your first 4 years of marriage! Don't be silly.

Do you have a will?! angry.

The minute you get anything of value in your life, whether it be possession or people (aka children/wife) you must get yourself a will... That's a no brainier!

Also, why is nobody talking about Vera's family?! Could it be that her family members also neglected the man while he was alive hence his family are returning the favour? What role have they played so far since they heard of the accident? There is a lot to what has happened so far only the judge can decide

Whether they had issues with her family OR that her family isn't helping is irrelevant here...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Dami12345: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Freehuman:
You have every right to be in custody of your child. Damn tradition.
First option :
First of all, report a murder case to the police force. If the sister of your deceased husband actually injected him with what killed him she is guilty of murder but at least manslaughter because of mens rea. She risks being sentenced to life imprisonment alongside those who conspired . When they know she is going in for a potential death through hanging or life imprisonment, you call for a meeting to drop the case with conditions that you or your family members will pick up the case if they ever threaten you or you die prematurely and you should take custody of your child since it is already reported to the police. An undertaking may be signed . Your family members also have to invoke fear so your deceased husband's family know you have a strong backing. If you go through a civil procedure ,that is, filing a suit for custody in court ,it may take 10 years coupled with the fact that you will be in pains as they will have nothing to lose and will keep your daughter throughout these years. But the Murder case will make the police hold their own daughter for possible hanging which will make them kneel down to negotiate.
The irony is that the act of the sister killed her brother
but the belief is that the widow was responsible for the her husband's death. Oh! How barbaric are archaic rituals

Second option.
Contact a hitman like myself to eliminate everyone who first of all killed your husband and thereafter took your child. I have passion for my job and would love to do it without charge for you.

A mother would choose the first option and a thug like myself would definitely act the second. It's in your hands.

My 2 cents.

I love you. No homo
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by neyobills: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
adanny01:

The child bears a name that the late father gave. No one can take it away. Does the family have patent rights over the name? WTF are you talking about?

Does it make any sense to alienate the family of the father of the child denying them their identity right to see their grandchild
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by djon78(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sterope:
You think it is me that has time to engage words with a man who thinks a grandmother has a right over child than the birth mother.

And where was grandmother mentioned in what I said. Go and read my 1st post here, your understanding is suspect

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by neyobills: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
alphaNomega:

Calm down, I'm on your side. Just anwser

UPDATE (after several posts from you and no response to the question): This means you do not know what to do when your in-laws try to take away the properties of your deceased married children. You would fold your hands and watch. The in-laws now own everything. The End.

Like I said your question is too vague and does not deserve any reasonable reply however if u can't wrap your head around constructing a question of a sentence then I'm sorry I can't help you.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
The definition of father's family excludes grandmother abi.

djon78:

And where was grandmother mentioned in what I said. Go and read my 1st post here, your understanding is suspect
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by djon78(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sterope:
The definition of father's family excludes grandmother abi.

Grandmother never came in the particular case I mentioned. You are the one twisting things to suit your narrative
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by alphaNomega: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
neyobills:

Like I said your question is too vague and does not deserve any reasonable reply however if u can't wrap your head around constructing a question of a sentence then I'm sorry I can't help you.

I never asked for your help. I was able to deduce an answer from your response (or lack of it)

Bye.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by phineas: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
PrinceGallant:

Well, I am a Yoruba man, I don't know her for anywhere. And I can't let anyone appeal to my emotion so as to stray from being objective. There is much hidden to what she explained. Let's be reasonable.

Then you are the type they call omo ale jati jati to fill owo osi juwe ile baba e. That's for bringing your Yoruba heritage as an excuse to justify nonsense.

Yoruba people are noble and they don't stand for injustice. No Yoruba family will do this without widespread condemnation from all Yoruba persons. They will even shun and blacklist the guys family. So what exactly is your point

3 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
List of father's family

1. Grandfather- Father's father
2. Grandmother- father's mothrt
3. Uncle- Father's brother
4. Aunt- Father's sister
5. Cousins- father's nieces and nephews

Your claim is that the above have rights over a woman whose egg was fertilised, carried the child for nine months, delivered the child and probably breastfed the child all because it is the father's family that owns the child.

grin grin grin

djon78:

Grandmother never came in the particular case I mentioned. You are the one twisting things to suit your narrative

2 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Yorubas family that insist on marrying the widow. There are Yoruba families that exclude the wife and children from inheriting their husband and father's. There are Yoruba families that have kidnapped someone else's child( this is very rare though, it depends on the family)

Most cultures are patriarchical which means in every culture women including widows widow is often treated unfairly and unjust. This is not a war between tribes. Nothing is special about our tribe.

phineas:

Then you are the type they call omo ale jati jati. For bringing your Yoruba heritage as an excuse to justify nonsense.

Yoruba people are noble and they don't stand for injustice. No Yoruba family will do this without widespread condemnation from all Yoruba persons. They will even shun and blacklist the guys family. So what exactly is your point
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by phineas: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sterope:
Yorubas family that insist on marrying the widow. There are Yoruba families that exclude the wife and children from inheriting their husband and father's. There are Yoruba families that have kidnapped someone else's child( this is very rare though, it depends on the family)

Most cultures are patriarchical which means in every culture women including widows widow is often treated unfairly and unjust. This is not a war between tribes. Nothing is special about our tribe

You are obviously a representative of the family or you speak for them. Go and return the child to the recuperating widow
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
You will be alright grin

phineas:

You are obviously a representative of the family or you speak for them. Go and return the child to the recuperating widow
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by djon78(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sterope:
List of father's family

4. Aunt- Father's sister

Your claim is that the above have rights over a woman whose egg was fertilised, carried the child for nine months, delivered the child and probably breastfed the child all because it is the father's family that owns the child.

grin grin grin

Keep on suiting your narrative
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by adanny01(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
neyobills:

Does it make any sense to alienate the family of the father of the child denying them their identity right to see their grandchild

Who is alienating who?

Is it not the family alienating their daughter in law from her own child? Biological parents have more rights over children than extended family. It is only after the death of both parents that the children assume guardianship of any offspring.

Is it the case here?

5 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hmmmmm

The 'beauty' of Nigerian cultures.

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by phineas: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
SyNnadi:

The in-laws didn't inform her n her family that a date has been fixed for his burial. She got to know from their landlady in Lagos who called to give her condolence greeting to her and thereby told her that her sister in law called and is requesting access into their apartment to pack their belongings. That if d wife has anything valuable in the apartment that she should come and get them before on the 12th which is d burial....... That was how she n her family learnt that a date was fixed for his burial

Please don't forget to give updates on this matter to keep it alive. You also need to make the twitter one a thread. It's easier for pple to follow that way. You can get someone to do it with her handle.

Let's know if anything happens over the weekend

Also note the offers for influencers,legal support and the rest. Please follow up all links you require. I wish her all the best
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by phineas: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
Many thanks to Seun osewa lalalistica and whoever is the nairaland moderator that moved this forward.

May you find help in your time of need

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dami12345:

I love you. No homo

Thanks for loving me. I love you too .

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by phineas: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
@ SyNnadi

Should they refuse to return the child. Please let me know via mention if and when a legal case starts on this matter. She will need logistics to get her witnesses to court with ease. I may not be able to follow the threads due to a busy schedule. However I will be happy to contribute to the process to make it easy on her and her friends..

3 Likes

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by PrinceGallant: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
phineas:

Then you are the type they call omo ale jati jati to fill owo osi juwe ile baba e. That's for bringing your Yoruba heritage as an excuse to justify nonsense.

I do not in the least doubt that you are oponu alainilakai. If you have sense, you should be able to see beyond what she explained. But being agba osika to maa n gbo ejo enu enikan dajo, you have manifested how nitwit and stupid you are.

I have to tell you that I am a Yoruba man when in your wicked heart accusing me of coming from her husband's family and calling me a kidnapper. I am a true son of Yoruba, and you are the bastard, ole lo maa n mo ese ole to. Omo ale ara e.

Nobody can becloud me with emotion, you can go ahead and cry
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by deltateam: 5:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Sterope:
List of father's family

4. Aunt- Father's sister

grin grin grin

Its either you are not living in Nigeria or you were born in the bush otherwise you will know a child married traditionally belongs to the man's family and bears their name.

The child in question is a minor and should be raised by the mother unless she's incapacitated.

Go back and tell your father or uncle if you have to educate you. Stop spreading your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 6:10am On Jul 19, 2019
Wow! There are lot of kidnappers on the forum. Who knew? How many children have you kidnaped from the mothers in name of a stupid archaic tradition?

deltateam:

Its either you are not living in Nigeria or you were born in the bush otherwise you will know a child married traditionally belongs to the man's family and bears their name.

The child in question is a minor and should be raised by the mother unless she's incapacitated.

Go back and tell your father or uncle if you have to educate you. Stop spreading your ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by deltateam: 6:16am On Jul 19, 2019
Sterope:
Wow! There are lot of kidnappers on the forum. Who knew? How many children have you kidnaped from the mothers in name of a stupid archaic tradition?

I have confirmed you are nuts and beyond simple comprehension.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2019
I have confirmed that irredeemable sexist if you think that archaic tradition still holds water at this point in time. You must think we are still living in that age where your folks walk around covered with leaves.

Let a divorced man go to court and claim custody because he owns his children and they bear his name or the father's family justify why they have more claim to a child that had a living mother.

deltateam:

I have confirmed you are nuts and beyond simple comprehension.
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by SyNnadi(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2019
phineas:
@ SyNnadi

Should they refuse to return the child. Please let me know via mention if and when a legal case starts on this matter. She will need logistics to get her witnesses to court with ease. I may not be able to follow the threads due to a busy schedule. However I will be happy to contribute to the process to make it easy on her and her friends. I will accept an account number from your handle on this post at such time just cc me. Please don't do dm.

Alright.

Till then let's know if her baby is back by Sunday or not.So the influencers can do their part.

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by phineas: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2019
PrinceGallant:

I do not in the least doubt that you are oponu alainilakai. If you have sense, you should be able to see beyond what she explained. But being agba osika to maa n gbo ejo enu enikan dajo, you have manifested how nitwit and stupid you are.

I have to tell you that I am a Yoruba man when in your wicked heart accusing me of coming from her husband's family and calling me a kidnapper. I am a true son of Yoruba, and you are the bastard, ole lo maa n mo ese ole to. Omo ale ara e.

Nobody can becloud me with emotion, you can go ahead and cry

A 2 year old was taken away from a widow who is recuperating from bilateral fracture. (without her permission)

Key word without her permission.

I don't need to listen to any sides to condemn this. Also to insist the child is returned to her mother.You should too UNLESS you think it's acceptable, or you have done this before.

NO Yoruba culture takes a child from its mother without her consent.Yoruba land is where women deliberately have children for rich families so they can lay stake to a part of his wealth as custodian of one of his children.So why try to tarnish the Yoruba reputation and history for your irresponsible decision making and selfish self?

If you know about the matter tell your friends or people to go and return the child. 6 months is enough time for dialogue. The kidnappers have kept the child for that long

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by kaziblake(f): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2019
Sterope:

Most cultures are patriarchical which means in every culture women including widows widow is often treated unfairly and unjust. This is not a war between tribes. Nothing is special about our tribe.

Bleep shocked The hate on yorubas is real mehn because these are pure lies
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by Sterope(f): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2019
I am very much Yoruba by the way. It happens but it is not common and it is not be norm. Besides ours is a patriarchal society, nothing should suprise you.

kaziblake:
Bleep shocked The hate on yorubas is real mehn because these are pure lies
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by kaziblake(f): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sterope:
I am very much Yoruba by the way. It happens but it is not common and it is not be norm. Besides ours is a patriarchal society, nothing should suprise you.

My mum was never maltreated o and she wasnt mandated to marry my dad bro..
i know its happens but its not as common like it is in the other southern states..
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by NoRetreat(m): 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
alphaNomega:

Fixed smiley
why can't you state your comment without cancelling mine?
Re: Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody by alphaNomega: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
NoRetreat:
why can't you state your comment without cancelling mine?

Lol. We are on the same page man, I cancelled out the unnecessary parts. Think of me as your project supervisor wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Help A Woman During Her Period / Little Boy Storms Out Of Family Gathering After Being Denied Swimming / Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 120

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.