Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25383 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 7:22am On Jan 07, 2011
bashy_demy:

When Jesus is going he said something about another Messiah wish i believe almost every prophet said something about the next prophet but you seem dont believe in Jesus or the Messiah he talk about,  so you are not his follower then

You can not just make untrue claims and expect us to believe you. Show us where Jesus said something about another messiah. Even your qur'an knows that only Jesus has the title of Messiah; not even your prophet dared laid claim to that title. You have much zeal for Islam but actually very little knowledge of your religion. May God open your eyes.

P.S. The only "messiahs" Jesus talked about coming after him were false messiahs and christs.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2011
Alitalia is back again oya read this and tell me what you think John 16:12-14
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 9:33am On Jan 07, 2011
@Sweetnecta and Bashy_demy

You guys are really Pounding this Oladeegu guy OH! the beating is making him swallow His words.

OLAADEGBU:

When I said that all the prophets are Jews I am speaking with the understanding of the Law and the prophets.  It is common sense that there could be no Jewish prophet before there was an Israelite nation. 

OLAADEGBU:

Yes.  We've been able to establish and come to an agreement:

[list]
[li]That there is One God who is the Creator of all things.[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]That Jesus of Nazareth is a prophet of God.[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]That Moses is a prophet of God[/li]
[/list]
[list]

[li]That Jesus was conceived supernaturally and was born of the Virgin Mary[/li]
[/list]  

Jesus is no longer son of God but now a Prophet of God, the fruits of days of refuting their lies. ALLAH is no longer the moon god to Oladeegu, but has become the Sole divinity - The one God- and Creator. Alhamdulilah may ALLAH open your eyes to the truth.Amin

@Sweetnecta and Bashy_demy; May ALLAH strenghten your Hands and reward you abundantly  in the strive(Jihad) against Polytheism and Trinity_Polytheism. amin
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2011
Abi now my brother am still waiting for him
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
Messiahs are Christs.

What is Messiah or Christ, except the person anointed not less by God Almighty?

Was Moses not anointed as a messenger like messengers before and after him, even like Jesus was anointed?

You bet ya.

Bad thinking will make a person think that just because carries the title Messiah, others are not.

Abraham was called the friend of God. Does this mean other Messengers and Prophets were not? It does not mean that.

Jesus was called The Word of God. Does it mean that others are not? It does not mean that.

Fake Messiahs and Christs are those who are not anointed by God, but claimed they were. They are false Messengers and or Prophets.

Is any of these men among them; Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Joshua, Samuel, David, Solomon to name a few more, Jesus and Muhammad? You bet none of them is a false prophet [AS].

Ignorance is a darn disease that when it comes to religion, afflicts the soul and the heart.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
And when Jesus gave the litmus text in order to sift out the true prophet which he said is the spirit from God away from the false prophets which were not spirits from God because they will say falsehood, we see that at least a true spirit of God will come in the future.

That is even demonstrated further by Jesus saying that that true spirit from God will say to people that Jesus was the "Messiah", a title that Jesus is identified by, just like when Abraham is identified by the title "friend of God".
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: what you have done, oh magician is to move the goal post to a different direction. Lets educate each other for a moment.

If your Bible does not count Adam as a prophet, Enoch must be a prophet. If your Bible fails to count Noah as a prophet, Abraham must be a prophet. If your Bible fails to call all of them and Lot, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and Joseph, but start with Moses, know that the Bible has failed and lacks robust information about the world of Prophets.

In addition to these people and before Moses, there were Hud, Salih, and Shuaib [AS to each]. Hud, Salih and Shuaib are not from the line of Isaac, but rather long before them because after Abraham made his prayer for his bloodline to be the exclusive prophetic family for mankind, no prophet was raised except that his root is of Abraham [as].

Go to the Quran and learn. You will see that the world is larger than the children of Jacob. I named many prophets that are not even of Abraham bloodline, older/earlier than Abraham, in fact.

There is no doubt that there are prophets that are outside the line of Abraham but if you read me properly you would realise that I am addressing the common grounds that we share. All the prophets of God before Abraham that were not mentioned by Moses in the pentateuch falls outside my interest. There are many gods which are false gods but I addressed the only God that I know as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, and if this is the God you serve then we are getting somewhere unless you want to tell me that you serve a different god.

Now lets not digress into our differences, wherever you think we differ you can point that out so that we can leave that out of our discussion.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
Sweetnecta:

While I am not an Angel, you are not in the position to receive my confession, since you or anyone cant forgive sins.

An one who tells lie is a liar. Is that what you wanna hear? Now you have heard it, and I have set up my trap to snap on you, right from your Bible.

We have established the fact that we are all born sinners, my intention is to address the nature of our sinfulness and how the spiritual nature of the 10 commandments is relevant to this discussion.

The question is: Have you ever told a lie?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2011
bashy_demy:

@OLAADEGBU what your problem about sweetnecta answering the question am fast asleep i just wake up and he has answered your question so acceot them as my answer and you have to answer his own Question and you have said what i want to hear you dont believe in Prophet Mohammad that exactly what God is talking about when he said he will raise him up to himself and judge him from his believer, When Jesus is going he said something about another Messiah wish i believe almost every prophet said something about the next prophet but you seem dont believe in Jesus or the Messiah he talk about, so you are not his follower then

Welcome back to earth.  Sweetnecta has to answer for himself and not for you.  Ok I believe that Muhammad is the prophet of Allah and that Allah has no son, is that what you want to hear?  It will be better for us to agree to disagree on the beliefs that are different and let us move on with what we share in common.  It is your qur'an that said that Allah would terminate and raise Jesus to himself is that not so?  I don't know what you mean by another Messiah maybe you are mistaken it for another Comforter all in an effort to smuggle Muhammad into the Bible but it would be better if we stick to the subjects we agree on.  Lets move on with with nature of sinfulness that we share in common and see how the decalogue deals with it.

The question is: Have you ever told a lie?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
vedaxcool:

You guys are really Pounding this Oladeegu guy OH! the beating is making him swallow His words.

Jesus is no longer son of God but now a Prophet of God, the fruits of days of refuting their lies. ALLAH is no longer the moon god to Oladeegu, but has become the Sole divinity - The one God- and Creator. Alhamdulilah may ALLAH open your eyes to the truth.Amin

@Sweetnecta and Bashy_demy; May ALLAH strenghten your Hands and reward you abundantly  in the strive(Jihad) against Polytheism and Trinity_Polytheism. amin

It is a good thing that folks are crawling out of the woodworks in their numbers when they sense Jihad but why don't you shealth your swords for a moment and address the nature of sinfulness?  This is not about winning a debate it is about addressing what is important to our souls so that you will be able to use your zeal with knowledge.

The question is what you omitted when quoted my points:

Have you ever told a lie?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2011
If it is getting too difficult for you to answer my questions, give me a "YES" or a "NO" to the following:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God also considers hatred as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #390 on: Today at 06:07:45 PM »
[QUote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 01:23:14 AM
@Olaadegbu: what you have done, oh magician is to move the goal post to a different direction. Lets educate each other for a moment.

If your Bible does not count Adam as a prophet, Enoch must be a prophet. If your Bible fails to count Noah as a prophet, Abraham must be a prophet. If your Bible fails to call all of them and Lot, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and Joseph, but start with Moses, know that the Bible has failed and lacks robust information about the world of Prophets.

In addition to these people and before Moses, there were Hud, Salih, and Shuaib [AS to each]. Hud, Salih and Shuaib are not from the line of Isaac, but rather long before them because after Abraham made his prayer for his bloodline to be the exclusive prophetic family for mankind, no prophet was raised except that his root is of Abraham [as].

Go to the Quran and learn. You will see that the world is larger than the children of Jacob. I named many prophets that are not even of Abraham bloodline, older/earlier than Abraham, in fact.

There is no doubt that there are prophets that are outside the line of Abraham but if you read me properly you would realize that I am addressing the common grounds that we share. All the prophets of God before Abraham that were not mentioned by Moses in the pentateuch falls outside my interest. There are many gods which are false gods but I addressed the only God that I know as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, and if this is the God you serve then we are getting somewhere unless you want to tell me that you serve a different god.[/Quote]Was Noah not a prophet according to Moses? Is God not One Lord, according to Moses? Was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as you want to limit the Majesty of God not also the God of Noah before He became just the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and no others (prophets and notable people apart from these 3 person (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I intentionally write 3 person in stead of 3 persons to demonstrate 3 person in 1 God phenomenon).

Now lets not digress into our differences, wherever you think we differ you can point that out so that we can leave that out of our discussion.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #391 on: Today at 06:12:22 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 01:27:55 AM
While I am not an Angel, you are not in the position to receive my confession, since you or anyone cant forgive sins.

An one who tells lie is a liar. Is that what you wanna hear? Now you have heard it, and I have set up my trap to snap on you, right from your Bible.

We have established the fact that we are all born sinners, my intention is to address the nature of our sinfulness and how the spiritual nature of the 10 commandments is relevant to this discussion.

The question is: Have you ever told a lie?[/Quote]While I said I am not an angel is sufficient for your question, no Muslim will accept the bold with you, establishing your misconception about the condition of the new born, claiming that they come with the sin of Adam and Eve. You definitely forget that Lord God is Merciful and has forgiven them, on one hand and on the other hand, your Bible states that there is no transferring of sin, because whosoever sins is the one that will bear the consequence of the sin. In the Quran this is so if s/he does not seek Forgiveness, which is readily available, if sincerely sort. God is Most Merciful. Most Forgiving. Most Compassionate.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #392 on: Today at 06:25:38 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: bashy_demy on Today at 06:55:33 AM
@OLAADEGBU what your problem about sweetnecta answering the question am fast asleep i just wake up and he has answered your question so acceot them as my answer and you have to answer his own Question and you have said what i want to hear you dont believe in Prophet Mohammad that exactly what God is talking about when he said he will raise him up to himself and judge him from his believer, When Jesus is going he said something about another Messiah wish i believe almost every prophet said something about the next prophet but you seem dont believe in Jesus or the Messiah he talk about, so you are not his follower then

Welcome back to earth. Sweetnecta has to answer for himself and not for you. Ok I believe that Muhammad is the prophet of Allah and that Allah has no son, is that what you want to hear? It will be better for us to agree to disagree on the beliefs that are different and let us move on with what we share in common. It is your qur'an that said that Allah would terminate and raise Jesus to himself is that not so? I don't know what you mean by another Messiah maybe you are mistaken it for another Comforter all in an effort to smuggle Muhammad into the Bible but it would be better if we stick to the subjects we agree on. Lets move on with with nature of sinfulness that we share in common and see how the decalogue deals with it.

The question is: Have you ever told a lie?[/Quote]He said he takes my answer as his. That should satisfy you, instead of you chomping by the 1st bold. If you believe what you said above about Muhammad [as], it is better for you. It is obvious in the 2nd bold that when the original conversation was being held with Jesus, he Jesus [as] was on earth, the appearance of the statement in the Quran is in form of a story of old being told to Muhammad who appeared 600 years after the existence of Jesus on earth. From your Bible, Messiah is an anointed entity. Let me ask you, how many entity/entities anointed? Name anyone else or thing anointed, you can call him/it a messiah, too. In Islam, no one is recorded for a single sin, until s/he reaches age of puberty which we can say at the latest, 15 years old. That is different from your christianity which stains you with the sin of Adam and Eve, people who were already forgiven, while still your Bible stated that whoever sins bears the brunt of his or her own sin, not somebody bearing for him.

[Quote]« #393 on: Today at 06:34:00 PM »

Quote from: vedaxcool on Today at 09:33:47 AM

@Sweetnecta and Bashy_demy; May ALLAH strenghten your Hands and reward you abundantly in the strive(Jihad) against Polytheism and Trinity_Polytheism. amin

It is a good thing that folks are crawling out of the woodworks in their numbers when they sense Jihad but why don't you shealth your swords for a moment and address the nature of sinfulness? This is not about winning a debate it is about addressing what is important to our souls so that you will be able to use your zeal with knowledge.

The question is what you omitted when quoted my points:

Have you ever told a lie?[/Quote]While no one has a sword, Jihad however is simply all kind of goodly struggle. That is different from Harb which is exclusively war. We in Islam do not believe that a child is born with any sin, though s/he may grow up to commit many, the reason the door of repentance and forgiveness is always open, until when death slammed it shot. Dont forget that we in Islam are not in the habit of revealing our secret to the public as if one is confessing. We do it privately directly to God Almighty Allah. If you Olaadegbu have told a lie at least, then accept it as a sinning nature acquired as you experience the world,but not telling a lie from your mother's womb, since Jesus actually believed that children are "INNOCENT", meaning sinless.

[Quote]« #394 on: Today at 08:02:23 PM »

If it is getting too difficult for you to answer my questions, give me a "YES" or a "NO" to the following:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God also considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO[/Quote]Why dont you represent mankind and answer your own questions. Move forward from there to what you are trying to get to. Evidently, you want a confession, which you will never get from those who are not even christians, while you personally hate the catholics who confess to their priests. Is there anyway you can overcome your phobia of moving your own dialogue forward, without a confession from any slave of Almighty God, The One True Lord of all?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 4:39am On Jan 08, 2011
@Olaadegbu what answer are you still expecting from me when someone like sweetnecta have said exactly what i would say accept his answer as mine and about this.

OLAADEGBU:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God also considers hatred as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO

as sweetnecta as saind up there maybe you need to answer your Question first and we can move on from there
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2011
@Mr Olaadegbu: A Happy New Year to you, sir!

I don't think you will get a straight answer from these ones. Notice how they twist and turn and do everything to avoid answering a simple yes or no.

May Our Father in Heaven grant you strength and grace!

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
Let Jesus speak for himself is in the same line with let Baal fight for himself.

Both are idols in the minds of those who follow them, each being a medium between them [idolaters] and God.

God is not sanctioning this type of arrangement.

@Olaadegbu; Awa lawa nba e soro. Dawun.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2011
@aletheia what your problem let him or you answer than question representing human kind
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by jmaine: 11:49am On Jan 09, 2011
Bashy_demy, always hiding under the cover of daddy sweetnecta. when will you be able to stand your ground as your opponents. When you being asked a question no matter what someone else say, you should have more to add except you are obviously shallow in knowledge as regard what you profess. looking forward to the manly Bashy and not this sweetnecta poor disciple your turning into. be your own man. as for sweetnecta, continue in your deceit very soon i should be expecting you to travel down to partake in the Jihad your brethrens have started in your home country ( Definitely not Saudi which your faking to come from ancestrally) . Hoping to see you bomb and maim children and harmless innocent souls for Allah In Nigeria. Such a pity.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2011
@jmaine how old are you again? you are not making sense at all i have been answering all the Question from Olaadegbu and i just travel for couple of days and i could not be able to answer his question but someone answer the Question more than i can so what else do you want me to say you ignorance if someone ask if you are a boy and someone say yes what else do you want to add to the yes tell me fool, and about the Bombing what's your level of education? if you can be able to think you will know what going on in Nigeria is beyond religious crisis we are in some kind of Political era that is do or die and someone people are trying to caused problem one way or the other in other for election not to hold and you idiotic come on here saying muslims are bombing can i ask you some Questions? the Oct 1st bombing are the Muslim also behind it? they said they discover another bomb in somewhere around 7up Lagos was it the same muslim behind that? they also discover another at Shoprite Lagos was the Muslims again? the Ikeja Cantonment bomb, and there are lots of riots like that, that you idiot will not say anything about like the Ketu mile 12 Lagos riot , like the Bodija in Ibadan riot there are lots will you blame them on the muslims too and i believe a time will come where you will blame higher institution cultist riots and killing on the Muslims but till till i keep my finger cross
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2011
@Jmaine: « #402 on: Today at 11:49:29 AM »
[Quote]Bashy_demy, always hiding under the cover of daddy sweetnecta. when will you be able to stand your ground as your opponents. When you being asked a question no matter what someone else say, you should have more to add except you are obviously shallow in knowledge as regard what you profess. looking forward to the manly Bashy and not this sweetnecta poor disciple your turning into. be your own man. as for sweetnecta, continue in your deceit very soon i should be expecting you to travel down to partake in the Jihad your brethrens have started in your home country ( Definitely not Saudi which youre faking to come from ancestrally) . Hoping to see you bomb and maim children and harmless innocent souls for Allah In Nigeria. Such a pity.[/Quote]jmaine is not yoruba, the reason the family elders haven't told him all yorubas are from makka. read obj's latest book authored by a ghanaian woman. and muslim is a brother of another muslim. all muslims are one body, when a part of that body is not well, the whole body feels the pain of the unwellness. this is the reason you people every muslim for the action or supposed action of a few. you people should know that what bashy_demy says that is islamically sound is what i will say too. so what i say, if he says thats what he says, whats the problem?

jmaine ang his people and their gimmicks. pants on the ground, pants on the ground, you look like a fool with your pants on the ground.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2011
LOL LWKMD take easy on him bro don't chase him away LOL
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Yes.  We've been able to establish and come to an agreement:

[list]
[li]That there is One God who is the Creator of all things.[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]That Jesus of Nazareth is a prophet of God.[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]That Moses is a prophet of God[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]That we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]That Jesus was conceived supernaturally and was born of the Virgin Mary[/li]
[/list]   

But for some reason you seemed to have developed cold feet when answering the questions on the nature of our sinfulness and how the spiritual nature of the 10 commandments addresses it. 

I am still waiting for you to tell me what we call someone who has lied.

Are you still there?

For some reason it looks as if some of you don't accept that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God point above.  Let's address this before we move on shall we?

The Bible teaches us that we all have the sin nature that makes us obey the law of sin and death.  This is the reason we all sin, get sick and suffer and eventually die. We all have the tendency to commit sin when the opportunity presents itself to us.  We are attracted toward sin just as a moth is attracted toward a unclothed flame, and that is why we are sinners by nature.

The 10 commandments addressess the spiritual nature of our sinfulness that no one is righteous before God.  Let's leave the sin nature at birth for a moment and concentrate on what you believe, that is, the sins in your actions.  Sin means the transgression of the Law, and since you all agree that you have all sinned in your adult life except you want to claim that you have not broken the Law of Moses, what will be your fate If God judges you by the Law of Moses (whom you believe is a prophet of God) on Judgment Day, will you be innocent or guilty?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2011
Mr Ola well i understand where you are driving @ but my own God forgive sin and he does not have to kill anyone to forgive sin all i have to do is pray for forgives, so can you explain what you really wanna get from this in deatil
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #406 on: Today at 04:09:07 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: OLAADEGBU on January 06, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yes. We've been able to establish and come to an agreement:

* That there is One God who is the Creator of all things.

* That Jesus of Nazareth is a prophet of God.

* That Moses is a prophet of God

* That we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

* That Jesus was conceived supernaturally and was born of the Virgin Mary

But for some reason you seemed to have developed cold feet when answering the questions on the nature of our sinfulness and how the spiritual nature of the 10 commandments addresses it.

I am still waiting for you to tell me what we call someone who has lied.

Are you still there?

For some reason it looks as if some of you don't accept that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God point above. Let's address this before we move on shall we?

The Bible teaches us that we all have the sin nature that makes us obey the law of sin and death. This is the reason we all sin, get sick and suffer and eventually die. We all have the tendency to commit sin when the opportunity presents itself to us. We are attracted toward sin just as a moth is attracted toward a unclothed flame, and that is why we are sinners by nature.

The 10 commandments addressess the spiritual nature of our sinfulness that no one is righteous before God. Let's leave the sin nature at birth for a moment and concentrate on what you believe, that is, the sins in your actions. Sin means the transgression of the Law, and since you all agree that you have all sinned in your adult life except you want to claim that you have not broken the Law of Moses, what will be your fate If God judges you by the Law of Moses (whom you believe is a prophet of God) on Judgment Day, will you be innocent or guilty?[/Quote]The law of Moses is not the all encompassing in the lives of Muslims. Quran is, primarily and its exegesis is the AUTHENTIC HADITH. From your above, muslims have succeeded by saying God is One, and no graven image or worship of anyone else or lack of Sole Acknowledgment of God is permissible. Muslim act exactly like Jesus, praying in Salah, having One God, etc. If you make the same prostration protocol that Jesus made, if you can get its completeness, that shall be the exact muslim salah in the Quran, already. And from the above, you have killed Trinity by the 1 Commandments. Muslims will die and be raised up. There is only one death for Believers [true Muslims] and disbelievers, alike. After the resurrection, Judgment to Paradise or Hell.

You actually condemned Biblical Jesus with the 10 Commandments; he died because of his sinfulness, lacking righteousness, according to you. Everyone therefore depends on the Mercy of God. the Muslims are hopeful of that Mercy which they are eager to receive on the Day of Judgment. Jesus is full of hope, just in the same manner. Finally, the Muslims are not under your Biblical bondage. It is not a Book revealed by God. Who was the receiver, therefore?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
bashy_demy:

Mr Ola well i understand where you are driving @ but my own God forgive sin and he does not have to kill anyone to forgive sin all i have to do is pray for forgives, so can you explain what you really wanna get from this in deatil

In other words you are saying that you will be innocent because you confess your sins to God.  Do you know that your qur'an says:

"Every soul that has sinned, if it possessed all that is on earth, would fain give it in ransom" -- Surah 10:54

It is saying if you possessed the whole world and offered it to God as a sacrifice for your sins, it would not be enough to provide atonement (covering) for your sins.

Imagine yourself to be a convicted criminal standing before a judge and you are facing a fine of about £100,000 and you are penniless or should I say koboless to pay that fine, and you sincerely tell this judge that you are sorry for the crime you committed and even vow never to do it again, do you think the judge, (if he is a just judge) would let you go scott free on the basis of your sorrow, or vow never to commit the crime again? 

Even though you should be sorry for what you have done and that you have vowed not to break the law again.  The judge will however, only let you go free if someone else pays for your fine.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
^^ respond to Sweetnecta comment
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: « #406 on: Today at 04:09:07 PM »The law of Moses is not the all encompassing in the lives of Muslims. Quran is, primarily and its exegesis is the AUTHENTIC HADITH. From your above, muslims have succeeded by saying God is One, and no graven image or worship of anyone else or lack of Sole Acknowledgment of God is permissible. Muslim act exactly like Jesus, praying in Salah, having One God, etc. If you make the same prostration protocol that Jesus made, if you can get its completeness, that shall be the exact muslim salah in the Quran, already. And from the above, you have killed Trinity by the 1 Commandments. Muslims will die and be raised up. There is only one death for Believers [true Muslims] and disbelievers, alike. After the resurrection, Judgment to Paradise or Hell.

You actually condemned Biblical Jesus with the 10 Commandments; he died because of his sinfulness, lacking righteousness, according to you. Everyone therefore depends on the Mercy of God. the Muslims are hopeful of that Mercy which they are eager to receive on the Day of Judgment. Jesus is full of hope, just in the same manner. Finally, the Muslims are not under your Biblical bondage. It is not a Book revealed by God. Who was the receiver, therefore?

I thought you all agreed that Moses was a prophet of God why now backtrack to say his law is not all binding on the lives of Muslims?  What do you mean when you say that you believe in all the prophets of God, is it just lipservice or do you really mean what you say?  You say that the authentic hadith is the exegesis of the qur'an, can you tell me why it says in Vol.5 No.266 where Muhammad said the following about his fate:

"By Allah, though I am the apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me"

At least Muhammad was being sincere about his fate, not knowing what will befall him on Judgment Day. Our eternity should not be handled like Russian roulette.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
^^^ Olaadegbu Well according to Muslims we believe each prophets are from Allah and we accept them as a messenger of Allah but each of them were sent to each Generation Mohammad to Our Generation and we believe in Him and follow his will also the Holy book he brought for us so believe in Prophets of God does not we are bound by his Punishment i believe you understand what am talking about Ola

OLAADEGBU:

"By Allah, though I am the apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me"

At least Muhammad was being sincere about his fate, not knowing what will befall him on Judgment Day. Our eternity should not be handled like Russian roulette.

Well Mohammad is a prophet of Allah and he believe Allah create everything and knows about everything and truly everyone will be judge on the judgment so if he say he dont know what kind of judgement he is getting he is only trying to show the superiority of Almighty Allah that things you do that make you things you are good might not be enough in the presence of Allah
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ignorance of Olaadegbu borders on arrogance. Arrogance is what led satan away from the Mercy of Allah.

While Muhammad (AS) yielded his fate to Allah, the Quran is littered with verses of Paradise for believers; muslims, definitely muminu and definitely Prophets. Muhammad [as] a prophet with any doubt. Quran confirms his position as the messenger of God; Muhammad Rasulullah!

The same Muhammad gave good news to many of his companions [ra] of their admittance to Paradise.

In surah Waqiah, it was stated that only a few from the later generations will enter Paradise. Muhammad petitioned by supplication to Allah. In the very Surah, Allah later abrogate that verse with both early generations and later generations, large number shall enter Paradise. Do we have to spell it out to you, especially when Allah Himself defends Muhammad, through the Quran?

When yahweh defends a person he throws him into the lake of fire?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2011
bashy_demy:

^^^ Olaadegbu Well according to Muslims we believe each prophets are from Allah and we accept them as a messenger of Allah but each of them were sent to each Generation Mohammad to Our Generation and we believe in Him and follow his will also the Holy book he brought for us so believe in Prophets of God does not we are bound by his Punishment i believe you understand what am talking about Ola
Well Mohammad is a prophet of Allah and he believe Allah create everything and knows about everything and truly everyone will be judge on the judgment so if he say he dont know what kind of judgement he is getting he is only trying to show the superiority of Almighty Allah that things you do that make you things you are good might not be enough in the presence of Allah

And that is what the Law prophet Moses received and brought is telling us, that our best is not good enough for God.  Moses gave instructions to Israel to shed the spotless lamb to provide a temporary atonement for their sin.  The same Jesus whom you believe is also a prophet of God is the Lamb that God provided to make atonement for the sins of the world.  Through faith in Jesus, you can have atonement with God.  All your sin can be washed way once and for all which is the remission of sins.  God can grant you eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ on the basis of His death and resurrection.

The uniqueness of Jesus of Nazareth was that He claimed He had power on earth to forgive sins (Matthew 9:2-6).  No other prophet of any great religions made this claim.  Only Jesus can provide peace with God.  This is why He said:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me" -- John 14:6.

God commands sinners to repent and trust in Jesus as Lord and Saviour or they would perish.  If you believe that Jesus is a prophet of God you will believe this great claim He made about Himself and save yourself from some pain.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2011
@sweetnecta LOL nice one bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) / Rev Fr Chiedozie Modestus Chilaka / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.