Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25281 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47am On Dec 20, 2010
One Way To the Kingdom of God

The way to God is not in any religious system, but in a person: Jesus. Accept the Truth now to avoid pain.

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 3:18am On Dec 20, 2010
^^^^^^^^^ Olaadegbu, the question was if God said Jesus was the "way" to Him, and no one else was, from the beginning of mankind to the last generation?

Jesus didnt say he was the was the only way to God, from Adam to even generation after Jesus.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On Dec 20, 2010
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. -- Acts 4:12

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2010
@OLAADEGBU you neglect the question put to you and posting rubbish meaning you cannot defend what they ask you or you rather dont know about your religion
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2010
bashy_demy:

@OLAADEGBU you neglect the question put to you and posting rubbish meaning you cannot defend what they ask you or you rather dont know about your religion

You better jump ship as you can see that your ship is sinking.

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
@Olaadegbu: "The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (The Noble Quran, 9:30)"

"They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god (false God of any kind to be valid) but He (The God WHo is the Only Lord God Almighty Creator). Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners (for example of this assumed partnership the christian developed their Trinity and even made the Utterance/Word of God, not as the process/avenue of Command of God. But they conjure a human being from it, hence make that human because of being fatherless God Almighty as well giving an impression of Duality, even if Trinity is shutdown) they associate (with Him). (The Noble Quran, 9:31)
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2010
If as Muslims you claim to believe that Jesus is a prophet then believe this claim that He made about Himself.

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^^ Did Jesus of the Bible know about the whole future? The answer is no, his reason from the Bible he couldnt pinpoint the time of the hour.

With this is incomplete knowledge of things in mind, The God Who sent him as His servant to the house of Israel only made him a way during his prophetic office. This started from when he began his Gospel and lasted until the next prophet, the Another Comforter began his own Prophetic office. it is the prophetic office of the Another comforter that will last til the end of human race, the reason Jesus was lifted to heaven so that another Comforter may come.

is jesus the "only way" for mankind? No.

Adam was the only way when he was on earth. We know that Cain erred because he did not follow Adam.

Noah was the only way in his time, the reason those who entered the vessel with him didnt persh like those who refused,

Lot was the only way within his community, the reason the majority perished, including his wife.

Moses was the only way in his time the reason the nations of Israel were saved while those who rejected him perished; Pharaoh was a good example of those who rejected his guidance.

Jesus is no more the way today, since Muhammad (AS) the Comforter of our time is.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
Come to Jesus today, tomorrow may be too late!

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
@swwenecta thanks for the ideal @OLAADEGBU stop post all this rubbish cos they cannot get you anywhere Islam is the only way and Mohammad is the prophet of our time
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
bashy_demy:

@swwenecta thanks for the ideal @OLAADEGBU stop post all this rubbish cos they cannot get you anywhere Islam is the only way and Mohammad is the prophet of our time

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Olaadegbu: liar like lie. under moses the children of israel were saved from the yoke of pharaoh.

before that, joseph saved his father and his household from starvation.

before that lot saved those who left sodom and gomorrah

before that noah saved the people in the boat

after jesus muhammad saved all believers in The Oneness of God, telling them that no human eyes on earth has ever seen God and making man or angel or jinn or anything God is nothing short of idolatry and all of that leads to fire of hell.

olaadegbu, your comic relief is old shtick; yiddish for joke. it is a terrible plot without a good punchline at best. not worthy of its intention. no one is laughing because you continue to insult and ridicule God Almighty.

you cant get orange juice from freshly harvested papaya. you cant make the powerless jesus (AS) more than what he was; servant of his Lord.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2010
Is allah like you?

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
Olaadegbu is a yoruba man. I am going that assume that regardless of his age he must have seen some yoruba homes with orisha or ogun stashed in front of their homes or in their courtyards.

Heck, we have an ifa priest here parading himself as a pastor. Ask pastor AIO about these things.

With that said, since Muhammad (AS) overcame the disbelievers of Makka, destroying their 360 idols in Makka, has there been a single history of Idol in Makka? When Muhammad (AS) was in Madina before it, was there any idol among the muslims? Is Islam itself not the anti thesis of idolatry?

Finally, the Bible recorded even King Solomon the wise, with all his wisdom worshiped gods. Before him, the children made a gold stolen from the coptic egyptians to make a yahweh in the shape of a heifer while Moses was away.

Do we have the same history in islam of Muhammad (AS)? Show me that period, Olaadegbu.

I dont know allah. But i sure know Allah; Al Ayul Al Qayum. And my Creator Alla is Unlike me.

You are not a child and there is no excuse for you to behave like one. Honesty is a good quality, develop it.

If an idol with a moon was found in palestine, who lived in palestine until islam opened it? Is there a time that islam allowed idol in her mist?

And Muhammad split the moon. Is that not a testimony that the moon was nothing, similar to how your god was split to 3 gods?  grin Olaadegbu guy is ridiculous in his thinking. You might as well beginning ifa apprenticeship under AIO.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
Really?

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Olaadegbu is a yoruba man. I am going that assume that regardless of his age he must have seen some yoruba homes with orisha or ogun stashed in front of their homes or in their courtyards.

Heck, we have an ifa priest here parading himself as a pastor. Ask pastor AIO about these things.

With that said, since Muhammad (AS) overcame the disbelievers of Makka, destroying their 360 idols in Makka, has there been a single history of Idol in Makka? When Muhammad (AS) was in Madina before it, was there any idol among the muslims? Is Islam itself not the anti thesis of idolatry?

Finally, the Bible recorded even King Solomon the wise, with all his wisdom worshiped gods. Before him, the children made a gold stolen from the coptic egyptians to make a yahweh in the shape of a heifer while Moses was away.

Do we have the same history in islam of Muhammad (AS)? Show me that period, Olaadegbu.

I dont know allah. But i sure know Allah; Al Ayul Al Qayum. And my Creator Alla is Unlike me.

You are not a child and there is no excuse for you to behave like one. Honesty is a good quality, develop it.

If an idol with a moon was found in palestine, who lived in palestine until islam opened it? Is there a time that islam allowed idol in her mist?

And Muhammad split the moon. Is that not a testimony that the moon was nothing, similar to how your god was split to 3 gods? grin Olaadegbu guy is ridiculous in his thinking. You might as well beginning ifa apprenticeship under AIO.

^^^
lol grin
OLAADEGBU:

Come to Jesus today, tomorrow may be too late!

see the picture again and wonder why their god -Jesus is being support and does not have legs to stand by itself, before we thought they worship a human jesus now they worship a trampoline with no legs, talk about regression and truly you will point at this folks. Olad keep the pictures coming of your lifeless non existing god may be this time make it a car with tyres instead of some mere trampoline which will be thrown away immediately the guy has been caught. Get my drift?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
I dont need to be washed by some blood of lamb since once single word from Almighty will safe mi and my household
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
I wished I am a computer genius, I could have up loaded from Youtube the "Banned from the Bible" series video.

In it, Olaadegbu could listen to the revelation that the Giants produced by Angels of Christian gods shagging women of the world are really giants.

How tall are they? Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, Tall. So how come Muhammad (AS) was not correct about Adam (AS)? Was Olaadegbu expecting a puny Ittie Bittie Innie Winnie beings around major giant creatures like the dinosaurs?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
will work on that for you bro and will get bck to you just that the server here is kind of slow so i can't upload videos sometimes
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
Sho!

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 12:27am On Dec 23, 2010
@^^^
Brother Olaadegbu. God bless and strengthen you. Keep the comics flowing. Many Muslims are silently reading and making a decision for Jesus. . .which is why these ones are trying to block your efforts; but we know:

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. (Luke 10:18-22)
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2010
[Quote]« #341 on: Today at 12:27:23 AM »
@^^^
Brother Olaadegbu. God bless and strengthen you. Keep the comics flowing. Many Muslims are silently reading and making a decision for Jesus. . .which is why these ones are trying to block your efforts; but we know:

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, [/Quote]Make a will quick. I wanna see you pick your own serpent and see what will befall you. You can try the african black mamba first. its small and its not heavy. Let it bite you for starter. If you survive it, then the african python is your next serpent. its strangles, snuffing out the life out of its victim. If you survive it, go to the south american anaconda and its all yours, all its 3 plus feet. if he doesnt make a meal out of you, Indian's king cobra awaits you and I did not even mention the albino pythons that you can have as a pet until its hungry whereby you are on the menu. try your hand on any. And if you cant try it, know that all your show(gun) is for nothing. Talk is cheap, man. Thats what the Jews said to the one they said they hung on the tree or was it the cross? take your pick since you agree with them.

[Quote]and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. (Luke 10:18-22)[/Quote]and after all of the above, we heard "my God" instead of my father. Reality is reality when it came to reality. There was no father, but there is my God. And as for the second bold, please what things hidden? Name them, and without the names of the things, its just a baseless saying. I need to put your feet to the fire, since you are going in it anyway if you die as a Kufir. Finally was it not in the Bible the same satan told Jesus that he satan is given the world? If all things were delivered to Jesus then, why didnt he say to satan "hey, wait and look here all things are delivered to me"? Aletheia is in a big pile of dung. Your bible left you open for much criticism. No wonder Olaadegbu is your hero.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47am On Dec 23, 2010
aletheia:

@^^^

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. (Luke 10:18-22)

Amen brother.  You can see that satan has lost the battle and is desperate.  Glory be to God.  Jesus is Lord.

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38am On Dec 26, 2010
bashy_demy:

I dont need to be washed by some blood of lamb since once single word from Almighty will safe mi and my household

Why do you eat Ram after Ramadan, and divide it into three?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 7:41am On Dec 26, 2010
^^is that suppose to be a trick question? maybe you will have to answer this first its xmas period some xtains who are financially ok some kill Ram or goat, some kill cow and some kill chicken tell me what are they for and is Christmas biblical? you think to think carefully before you ask Question some other time cos the question you ask is vice versa show me in the bible where its says Jesus was born on 25th or where the word Christmas is in the bible
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14am On Dec 26, 2010
bashy_demy:

^^is that suppose to be a trick question? maybe you will have to answer this first its xmas period some xtains who are financially ok some kill Ram or goat, some kill cow and some kill chicken tell me what are they for and is Christmas biblical? you think to think carefully before you ask Question some other time cos the question you ask is vice versa show me in the bible where its says Jesus was born on 25th or where the word Christmas is in the bible

I knew you will fall for that bait hook, line and stinker tongue Let me entertain you with an analogy from the Muslim world that describes the Holy Trinity.

When you celebrate Abraham's sacrifice of his son, which you erroneously thought was Ishmael you have what is called the principle of 'kubani' forgive me if I did not spell it right you also call it id'el ata or something like that, where the sacrifice is done in three parts:

[list]
[li]For oneself[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]For friends and family[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]For the poor[/li]
[/list]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2010
^^^ i still dont understand you man and beside you still haven't Answer my Question just give me a single verse that say Jesus was born on 25th December and where it says Christmas in your bible
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
The Trinity in Ephesians

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6)

Paul's letter to the church at Ephesus is surely one of the most profoundly doctrinal--yet intensely practical--books of the Bible, and it is not surprising that the doctrine of the tri-une God breaks into his message so frequently. For example, note Ephesians 2:18: "For through |Christ| we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

More often, however, it appears not in a succinct formula like this, but rather in interconnected references to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, always implying that each is deity, but never that they are three different "gods." Paul prayed that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" (Ephesians 1:17).

He also prayed "unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, . . . That he would grant you, . . . to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith" (Ephesians 3:14, 16-17). Thus the believer is "filled with all the fulness of God" (v. 19).

We are exhorted to "grieve not the holy Spirit of God, . . . even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:30, 32). And "be filled with the Spirit; . . . Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:18, 20).

There are others, but note especially our text, speaking of our unity in Him and His tri-unity in us. "There is . . . one Spirit . . . One Lord, . . . One God and Father of all, who is above all |i.e., the Father|, and through all |the Son|, and in you all |the Spirit|." All this is a magnificent mystery, but a wonderful reality! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 12:57am On Jan 05, 2011
[Quote]« #346 on: December 26, 2010, 08:14 AM »

Quote from: bashy_demy on December 26, 2010, 07:41 AM

I knew you will fall for that bait hook, line and stinker Tongue Let me entertain you with an analogy from the Muslim world that describes the Holy Trinity.

When you celebrate Abraham's sacrifice of his son, which you erroneously thought was Ishmael you have what is called the principle of 'kubani' forgive me if I did not spell it right you also call it id'el ata or something like that, where the sacrifice is done in three parts:

* For oneself

* For friends and family

* For the poor
[/Quote]the bold is classic in the joke column. you need to do stand up comedy among the muslims. you will have every one laughing. the 'for friends and family' is like jesus and his mother, while the 'For oneself' is like the Father? then definitely the for the poor is like "the ghost"?

i wonder if when i share anything with 2 others, if trinity is not in play? oh, it has to be in tripod, platforms with at least 3 legs; pikes.

olaadegbu cheapens his god that they are actually gods. the same like the onishangos, and since he is using ephesians, above post to proof his point, the very same way the people who cry out "oba koso" do, or like our honorable ifa priest, pastorAIO will do with his odu of ifa.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 1:21am On Jan 05, 2011
dont the multiple godworshipers have any sense? how does an idol become your object of worship, even if he is taking the same breathe that you are taking? a god that is like his worshipers, is actually a god like the hubal of pagan arabia, and before like the baal of abram's ur of iraq. either form, there none of them is God Almighty Creator Who is Truly the Object of sincere worship.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52am On Jan 05, 2011
Tell me, who are the idol worshippers as seen in the link below, are they Christians or pagans, or are they just trying to mimic the trinity?

The Shiite muslim sect that are known as the Alawites (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawite)

This is their confession of faith:

"I testify that there is no God but 'Ali ibn-Talib the one to be worshipped, no Veil but the lord Muhammad worthy to be praised, and no Gate but the Lord Salman al-Farisi the object of love".

source: http://www.shaikhsiddiqui.com/alawi.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / South African Pastor Feeds Church Members Engine Oil (photos) / 12-Year-Old Lesbian At Bishop Daniel Obinim's Church For Deliverance (Video, Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.