Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25384 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Ignorance of Olaadegbu borders on arrogance. Arrogance is what led satan away from the Mercy of Allah.

While Muhammad (AS) yielded his fate to Allah, the Quran is littered with verses of Paradise for believers; muslims, definitely muminu and definitely Prophets. Muhammad [as] a prophet with any doubt. Quran confirms his position as the messenger of God; Muhammad Rasulullah!

The same Muhammad gave good news to many of his companions [ra] of their admittance to Paradise.

In surah Waqiah, it was stated that only a few from the later generations will enter Paradise. Muhammad petitioned by supplication to Allah. In the very Surah, Allah later abrogate that verse with both early generations and later generations, large number shall enter Paradise. Do we have to spell it out to you, especially when Allah Himself defends Muhammad, through the Quran?

When yahweh defends a person he throws him into the lake of fire?

Are you now departing from our agreed terms of reference? I thought we are talking of the One God who created all things, are you now confessing that Allah is different from Yahweh who is also known as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

If you are a true Muslim who knows his onions you would have realised who promised to throw all mankind into hellfire and then take some people out.

Read your qur'an again and see what Allah has in store for you:

Surah.19:70 (Asad) for, indeed, We know best as to which of them is most deserving of the fires of hell.

Surah 19:71 (Asad) And every one of you will come within sight of it: this is, with thy Sustainer, a decree that must be fulfilled.

Surah.19:72 (Asad) And once again: We shall save [from hell] those who have been conscious of Us; but We shall leave in it the evildoers, on their knees.

At least you cannot say that Allah did not warn you of this. If you are thinking and hoping that you will be among the only sect out of the 73 Islamic sects that Muhammad prophesied as the true one, what then is the probability that you belong to the chosen sect and that you are going to be taken out from hellfire? This is what I call playing Russian roulette with your soul.

Jesus alone can save you, there is no other name given among men through whom we can be saved. Muhammad is dead and his tomb is occupied with his bones but the tomb of Jesus Christ is empty because He is alive and is willing and able to give you eternal life without sending you on a journey of hell.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
^^^Allah did not just give verse 71 in isolation of other previous verses but it and 72 are continuance and part of the story about mankind; muslims and non muslims. read from where the story of mankind begins, just few verses before.

the evil doers to be left in hell fire shall be those who are not muslims and the individuals who say they are objects of worship, alone or along with Allah.

in the above cases you have boxed yourself in hellfire, and ignorantly boxed jesus son of mary at the same time. except that jesus will deny your position of him, getting away from hell, in under the same mercy as i, a muslim shall. Allah is the Owner of Mercy that we seek.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 4:29am On Jan 13, 2011
@Olaadegbu: [Quote]Are you now departing from our agreed terms of reference? I thought we are talking of the One God who created all things, are you now confessing that Allah is different from Yahweh who is also known as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?[/Quote]Allah is encompassing all, being not just the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, alone, but all, before Abraham and after Jacob. You limit God too much. Same ideology when you said Jesus promised a comforter, who will teach, lead, etc. Since the ghost cant even speak, I guess Jesus' prediction has not been fulfilled, or I say you limit his prediction to just immediate, but not to the real Comforter, 630 years. later, which is just immediately in the span of human history.

Olaadegbu, you need to sharpen your thinking as you should be sharpening your yoruba. Awa lawa lo fun e. Eru Olorun Oba is always a majority.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2011
Thou Shalt Be Saved!

"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:31)

This was Paul's answer to the trembling jailer's question: "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" (v. 30).  To our modern sophisticated ears, such terms as being "saved" may sound strange and oldfashioned, but there is no more accurate term than this to describe the miracle that happens when a person becomes a real Christian and is "born again."

Before being saved, he is under God's condemnation because of sin, destined for hell; but when he believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, he is "saved from wrath through him" (Romans 5:9).  Not only is he saved from eternal wrath, he is saved to eternal life.  Christ is "able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).

This great salvation is not achieved by good works of any kind or number, "for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).  "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5).

Although being saved is God's gift to man, its cost was infinite to Christ.  "If, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life" (Romans 5:10).

The price of our salvation was the shed blood of Christ, the only begotten Son of God, and the greatest of all sins--the one for which there is no forgiveness--is that of rejecting Him.  "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).  He is our great redeeming Saviour, and only He can save! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
Jesus Begged God for forgiveness

Jesus (PBUH) prayed to the Father in the Heaven; “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” (Matthew 6:12),

Hence since he was not sinless accd. to the bible, he definately cannot wash away the sins of others, as using your translation of the bible he is a sinner.

Surah 19:71 (Asad) And every one of you will come within sight of it: this is, with thy Sustainer, a decree that must be fulfilled.

The simple interpretation to this verse is obviously that All of mankind will see hell, but seeing hell does not necessarily means you will enter it, imagine seeing a burning house, and you report to your mum, 'I can within sight of the burning house' this does not mean you enter the burning house,' hence you imagine wrong when you say Muslims will enter Hell, it you disbelievers of truth that Hell is certainly made for. Anybody who associate partner with Allah and Deny Allah sole right to forgive is courting Hell. Surely Falsehood by it's nature is bound to fade.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2011
Olaadegbu Question for you to answer according to Matthew 6:9-15

Matthew 6:9-15:

9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.

12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Look at the bold up there and tell me what you think will happen to your Jesus remember he did not forgive Judas
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2011
Olaadegbu will post all kinda verses, including the ones that Titus and company (like Coutts and Company) 'Said', heaping all of them on jesus. Did Jesus preached Acts, Titus, John, Mark, Matthew, etc or his own Gospel? Where is the Gospel that he preached; The Gospel of Jesus, directly?

In it, we shall find that jesus was just a man of God. the prophet of Almighty Allah.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2011
@vedaxcool, bashy_demy et al,

bashy_demy:

Olaadegbu Question for you to answer according to Matthew 6:9-15
Matthew 6:9-15:
9[b]After this manner[/b] therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

If you had considered the highlighted part in the verse you quoted above you will realise that this prayer is not technically "the Lord’s prayer" as folks usually call it, for Jesus never prayed it Himself as vedaxcool erroneously thought Matthew 6:12 means.  Rather, it serves as a model prayer for His followers.  It was not intended as a ritualistic prayer for regular recital as you guys (Muslims) used to do, but rather a guide for praying "after this manner." The Lord Jesus gave many other commands on how believers should pray.  So, if you thought "the Lord’s prayer" is Jesus' way of praying or that we should pray mechanically as you do you got it all wrong. 

bashy_demy:

Look at the bold up there and tell me what you think will happen to your Jesus remember he did not forgive Judas

This is the prayer that Jesus prayed for all of us including you and Judas:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." -- Luke 23:34

satan was disappointed that he could not get Jesus to curse them out or sin while He was being crucified, instead Jesus ended up praying for the forgiveness of his persecutors, and it was not Judas hanging on the cross as you have been made to believe.

The testimony of history and the Injil, or the four Gospels, is that Jesus died on the cross.  If you can understand that God is love, and that Mankind is lost in sin, then is it not likely that God would have provided a sacrifice for sin?  The sinless Jesus is God's sacrifice for all the sins of the world and is a bridge from a holy God to fallen and sinful humans.

This truth is revealed in the Injil, John 3:16.  Even the Qur'an states in Surah 3:55 that:

"Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."

Jesus' death and His subsequent resurrection is an historical fact as opposed to your contrary belief that God replaced Him with Judas, even your Qur'an states this fact unless you want to tell me that this verse has been abrogated.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2011
Olaadegbu you have not answer my Question

bashy_demy:

Matthew 6:14-15:

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Can you pls explain those 2 verses and did Jesus actually forgive Judas
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2011
bashy_demy:

Olaadegbu you have not answer my Question
Can you pls explain those 2 verses and did Jesus actually forgive Judas

What was Jesus' last prayer on the cross? Read my last post for clues.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." -- Luke 23:34

if its this it was meant for the enemies that kill him

So can you pls explain this

Matthew 26:24:

24The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 12:16am On Jan 14, 2011
@Olaadegbu; [QUote]"Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."[/Quote]The bold does not occur in the Quran. Allah says in Surah Nisaa, they did not kill him, they did not crucify him. . . . .

How did you get your 'terminate' to mean 'to put to death' is your own conjecture. Olaadegbu, ko si ooto lenu e.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56am On Jan 14, 2011
bashy_demy:

if its this it was meant for the enemies that kill him

So can you pls explain this

Matthew 26:24:

24The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Yes.  It was meant for the enemies that killed him and that includes you and me and even Judas who betrayed Him.  Don't you realise how Muslims such as Sweetnecta mock Him that He could not deliver Himself from crucifixion, does that not tell you that you fall into the same category as well?

Jesus prayed for our forgiveness because He died for the sin of the whole world but it is up to you to accept this free gift while it is called today, tomorrow may be too late.

Our God is long-suffering and full of mercy, but there is a line which must not be crossed.  It is dangerous to presume that God will always continue to forgive; He can become a "consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29).

The Scriptures contain many similar warnings.  "My spirit shall not always strive with man" (Genesis 6:3).  "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind" (Matthew 15:14).  "There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it" (1 John 5:16).  "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine" (Matthew 7:6).  Pharaoh repeatedly "hardened his heart" against God, and finally God Himself hardened Pharaoh's heart (e.g., Exodus 8:15; 10:27).  "God gave them up" (Romans 1:24, 26, 28).

And if you are insinuating that Jesus Christ sinned in any way or form, hear what these men said about Him.  The greatest theologian, Paul, said concerning Christ that He "knew no sin" (2 Corinthians 5:21).  His closest friends, Peter and John, said that He "did no sin" (1 Peter 2:22) and that in Him is no sin (1 John 3:5).  His betrayer, Judas, said, "I have betrayed the innocent blood" (Matthew 27:4); His condemning judge, Pilate, said, "I find in him no fault at all" (John 18:38); and His executioner said, "This was a righteous man" (Luke 23:47).  Christ Himself claimed human perfection when He said: "for I do always those things that please him" (John 8:29).

Jesus Christ alone was sinlessly perfect in His human life, and it was because of this that He could die for our sins.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
Olaadegbu is absorbed in self delusion or true ignorance.

Even the Bible cant vouch safe that Jesus was not sinless. After all, from the Bible he asked for forgiveness. How is that possible that God Almighty The All Powerful needs anyone to die for others?

A muslim said it shows that the Christians are saying that Jesus loved mankind than how much God Almighty loves mankind and even loves Jesus who He sent to a somewhat reluctant mission of death. So you see the verse saying that Christian God loves the world would be wrong. So is the verse that says Christian God loves Jesus.

Olaadegbu lacks the ability to understand the time in a snap shot.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
The First Coming of Jesus Christ was to save, justify, cleanse, purify, redeem, deliver and transform.  At His Second Coming He is coming to smite, judge, conquer, punish, reign, destroy and thresh the winepress of God's wrath.  His action in His Second Coming would be to smite, not to save; to destroy, not to develop; to crush, not to cleanse; to eliminate, not to enlighten; to punish, not to purify; to judge, not to justify; to reign, not to redeem.

This is the time for salvation, if you delay tomorrow may be too late.

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 12:24am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^^^ lol. Olaadegbu. Oodu wa lenu iwo man yi.

[Quote]« #430 on: Yesterday at 05:05:50 PM »

The First Coming of Jesus Christ was to save, justify, cleanse, purify, redeem, deliver and transform.[/Quote]What a mild Jesus. And what happened to the Another comforter who shall hear what God commanded, and merely repeated it, which must contain nothing of his own, or removing from it? I say he will be like a drone, 100% controlled by God. A slave or servant I say, pick your preferred word to describe him, if you will. This alone, shows that the entity must be a person, and not a god or part of trinity. You are to answer this and show us who that person was if you are preaching to us. Proof is required, with pure evidence.

[Quote]At His Second Coming He is coming to smite, judge, conquer, punish, reign, destroy and thresh the winepress of God's wrath. His action in His Second Coming would be to smite, not to save; to destroy, not to develop; to crush, not to cleanse; to eliminate, not to enlighten; to punish, not to purify; to judge, not to justify; to reign, not to redeem.[/Quote]Before the second coming, you need to tell us what happened to the Another comforter he promised? How did the disciples forget so quickly that they needed a corrector to steer them on the right course, reminded them what was just said even less than 3 months before and heap praises on Jesus? Were they already abusing him, insulting him, debasing him? Shouldnt the Another Comforter be appearing to those who dont know Jesus, and or those who are already astray from the Gospel of Jesus, containing his real message, without any adulteration? Finally how did a mild manner man became a hard and wild man? What is responsible for this 180 degrees personality change? Is this all up to him or his Sender?

[Quote]This is the time for salvation, if you delay tomorrow may be too late.[/Quote]Soul search man. Then apply this to yourself, when you tackle the above two opinions.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00am On Jan 15, 2011
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word of his testimony.  Let Afshin, a former Muslim give us his testimony on what he found Jesus Christ to be and how He translated him from the powers of darkness to into the Kingdom of heaven.

[flash=600,500]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash]

Listen to Afshin tell his testimony of being found by God and you will get the answers to the following questions:

• Would former Muslims claim that Muslims believe the same God as Christians?

• What would former Muslims say about the importance of Jesus' role as God incarnate (in Christianity) vs. the Muslim view of Jesus' role as a human prophet?

• How important an existential factor would former Muslims say is present forgiveness of sins through Jesus' atonement vs potential forgiveness in Islam's final judgment?

• How would former Muslims contrast Christianity's unconditional love of enemy with Islam's conditional love?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8870177642686242029
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2011
let me ask you if you believe that Adam and Eve were forgiven their sin while still on earth, if if they died sinners?

then explain to me the role of jesus in the lives of these two people, expressing it in the light of the only wrong they committed.

when you are able at least give us the biblical, rather the christian position on this, i can tell you that jesus was just a simple human messenger or you can by your own admission that Yahweh loves man less than jesus ever loved man.

this is your choice.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 12:13am On Jan 16, 2011
@Olaadegbu: While passionately the non muslims, especially the christians postuate that Islamic Paradise filled with physical things for enjoyment is not real, do you have any evidence from the Bible or anywhere else to advance your christian concept of its myth?

Was the garden that Adam and Eve resided myth, too, according to the christian?

Since you have not been in the garden, just as the inspired writers have not, how can you make such audacious pronouncement that you cant support?

Muhammad [as] had been there and being a beloved of God is an authority of what he saw that your sets of derivtiives of conjecture. Just because some quacks left islam, is not an additional reason to taut your make belief of the after life.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
The Trinity In Creation

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light" (Genesis 1:1–3).

These incomparable words open God’s written revelation to man, telling us how our Time/Space/Matter universe came to exist.  No other religious writings, ancient or modern, do this.  All others begin with the assumption of an eternal, self-existing universe.  The truth is, however, that the eternal, self-existing, transcendent, omnipotent Triune God simply called the universe into being by His word.  "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made. . . . For He spake, and it was done" (Psalm 33:6,9).

The Hebrew for "God" is the uni-plural Elohim, a plural noun (as noted by the “im” ending), yet normally represented by a singular pronoun "He." This is the first foreshadowing of the marvelous doctrine of the Trinity—only one Creator God, yet functioning as three divine Persons.  It is significant that His created universe is actually a tri-universe, with each of its distinct components (“beginning” = time; “heaven” = space; “earth” = matter) comprising and pervading the whole universe.  Just as the Father is the source and background of all being, so space is the background of all that happens in the physical universe.  Just as the Son manifests and speaks for the Father, so matter manifests and functions in space.  Just as the Spirit interprets and energizes the Son and the Father in human experience, so space and matter are interpreted and experienced in phenomena operating in time.

The Father planned the work of creation, the Son did the work (“all things were made by Him”—John 1:3), and the Spirit energized it ("the Spirit of God moved").  The Triune God created and now sustains our tri-universe! HMM
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^
Lol, after reading the first line I did not bother to read the rest, as no Religious book compares to the style of the Qur'an, in fact the bible clearly without reservation folllows the style of man, it follows the once upon a time syndrome ,which is typically how men write their stories.

And scientifically it would have been imposible for water to be present during the initial formation of the earth. And again the source of Light the sun could not come after the formation of the earth as the sun is believed scientifically to have been the place of origin of the earth, in other words the sun is believd to have ejected Materials used in the formation of the earth. geneisis is just another big blunder of the Jews, as God could not tbe responsible for this mistake.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Ndipe(m): 1:49am On Jan 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The Trinity In Creation

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light" (Genesis 1:1–3).

These incomparable words open God’s written revelation to man, telling us how our Time/Space/Matter universe came to exist.  No other religious writings, ancient or modern, do this.  All others begin with the assumption of an eternal, self-existing universe.  The truth is, however, that the eternal, self-existing, transcendent, omnipotent Triune God simply called the universe into being by His word.  "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made. . . . For He spake, and it was done" (Psalm 33:6,9).

The Hebrew for "God" is the uni-plural Elohim, a plural noun (as noted by the “im” ending), yet normally represented by a singular pronoun "He." This is the first foreshadowing of the marvelous doctrine of the Trinity—only one Creator God, yet functioning as three divine Persons.  It is significant that His created universe is actually a tri-universe, with each of its distinct components (“beginning” = time; “heaven” = space; “earth” = matter) comprising and pervading the whole universe.  Just as the Father is the source and background of all being, so space is the background of all that happens in the physical universe.  Just as the Son manifests and speaks for the Father, so matter manifests and functions in space.  Just as the Spirit interprets and energizes the Son and the Father in human experience, so space and matter are interpreted and experienced in phenomena operating in time.

The Father planned the work of creation, the Son did the work (“all things were made by Him”—John 1:3), and the Spirit energized it ("the Spirit of God moved").  The Triune God created and now sustains our tri-universe! HMM

Excellent Piece, I bow down to Yahweh my Creator!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^^^ If Yahweh is your Creator, then the bit about "all things were made by him [the son]", becomes a point that is not valid.

My prayers is that all who are truly in their hearts in love with God, wishing to be right by Him will find the very path that God has ordained before the individuals die. Amin.

Love is a very powerful thing in the heart.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2011
Sitting at the Right Hand of God

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool" (Psalm 110:1).

The 110th Psalm is one of the most significant of the so-called Messianic Psalms, prophesying of Christ a thousand years before He came.  Its very first verse should completely settle the question as to whether or not the Old Testament teaches that there is only one person in the Godhead, since it recounts an actual conversation between at least two Persons of the Godhead.  This first verse is quoted, in whole or in part, at least five times in the New Testament and was even used by Christ Himself (Matthew 22:41-46) to prove His own deity.

Two of the Hebrew names for God are used in this verse: "Jehovah said unto Adonai. . . ." The name Jehovah is used again in Psalm 110:2-4, and Adonai in verse 5.  God, in the person of Adonai, has gone to earth on a divine mission to save His people, but has been repudiated by His enemies on earth.  Accordingly, God, in the person of Jehovah, invites Him back to heaven for a time, where He will be at His right hand until it is time for Him to return to earth to rule, striking through all opposing "kings in the day of his wrath" (v. 5).

In this coming "day of thy power" (v. 3), "thy people shall be willing." The word here is actually the word for "free will offerings." They will be as priests offering their own lives to Him as freewill offerings when they finally recognise Him as their Messiah/King and eternal High Priest (v. 4).

Now, although this prophecy applies specifically to the Second Coming and the future conversion of Israel, there is a beautiful secondary application used in Scripture for His people right now.  "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" (Romans 12:1).  "Seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God" (Colossians 3:1). HMM
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^
Lol, after reading the first line I did not bother to read the rest,
. . .and thus you turn your back on the Way of salvation.

vedaxcool:

And again the source of Light the sun could not come after the formation of the earth as the sun is believed scientifically to have been the place of origin of the earth, in other words the sun is believd to have ejected Materials used in the formation of the earth. geneisis is just another big blunder of the Jews, as God could not tbe responsible for this mistake.
Science believes what science believes, but the Word of Yahweh is sure, settled and established forever! Just a little thought on your part would have shown you that even your science agrees that light exists apart from and is distinct from the sun.

aletheia:

If you weren't in such a haste to disprove the bible, application of a little common sense would have shown you the invalidity of your assertion above.
The sun gives light, yes, but is the sun the only source of light? The account is quite clear that light was created on the first day and in no way gives the impression that the sun is the source of that light.Indeed the Hebrew makes the distinction clear by using different words in verse 3 and 16 albeit translated as light in English. In verse 3: אור ('ôr); illumination or (concretely) luminary: - bright, clear, + day, light (-ning) and in verse 16: מארה    מאורה    מאר    מאור (mâ'ôr  mâ'ôr  me'ôrâh  me'ôrâh); properly a luminous body or luminary.

Thus you see that modern science agrees with the bible when it makes a distinction between light and the sun:
grin

Edited to add this postscript:

Wikipedia:
Light is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength  that is visible to the human eye (in a range from about 380 or 400 nanometres  to about 760 or 780 nm).[1]  In physics, the term light sometimes refers to electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength, whether visible or not.

Wikipedia:
The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. . .The energy of this sunlight supports almost all life on Earth by photosynthesis, and drives Earth's climate and weather.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2011
@aletheia,

Well said.  That is why I am trying to tell them to get knowledge to their zeal.  Their qur'an tells them to contact the people of the book for clarification but would they listen?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 3:39am On Jan 21, 2011
^^^^^^Olaadegbu, omo yoruba nie. O gbo eeno ni, abi o gbo owe ni?

When Allah says in the Quran that the Holy Prophet to contact the people of the book about what was revealed in the Quran, it simply means that this people of the book, in Madina already knew that in their book[s], as they have it in Madina, they see all the clear signs of "Truth from their Lord, Quran being that Truth, which is already recognized in their Book[s] of old", and the expected Messenger was right there, alive with the in Madina, and not some Bani Israil, but Bani Hashim; Muhammad (AS)".

It is a verse of sarcasm, a way to confront the people of the Books with the Truth, perchance, they will be ashamed of their lies, distortions, and denials.

Olaadegbu, tell me why would the Jews be heavily concentrated in Madina when the messenger was raised in Makka, and 13 years later looking Makka-ward expecting the arrival of the nobliest of all mankind, Muhammad bin Abdallah (AS), which other places had no significant Bani Israil in that part of arabia?

Below is the verse in surah Yunus for your conscience. It is a confrontation because the "The Prophet" and the "Another Comforter" was recognized in the person of the best of mankind (AS), even then and now, your type bury their heads in lies. The bold, below is a very potent point against the disbelievers of then and now. I ask a Jew, who is that "The Prophet" and a Christian, who is that "The another comforter"? The Prophet cant be Jesus, because he was the christ/messiah, just as he cant be Elijah. The Holy Ghost which the christian claim is God cant be sent by God and Jesus, yet he did not have an audible voice. And it is too early at the penticost for any correction of great students like Peter, the Rock and others, who had great teacher in Jesus to make mistakes. It is too early for them to have to be reminded, since the ascension was still fresh in their memories.

If they needed all these corrections, reminders, etc, we cant trust their scholarship, and their teacher we have all insulted for being a poor instructor. neither I am sure was the case with these light of the time. May Allah guide all our affairs, and make things right, leading the misguided who wishes for the right guidance to the Path that is not crooked. Amin

Verse 93; And We had certainty settled the Children of Israel in an agreeable settlement and provided them with good things. And they did not differ until [after] knowledge had come to them. Indeed, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ

Surah Yunus verse 94; So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2011
aletheia:

. . .and thus you turn your back on the Way of salvation.
Science believes what science believes, but the Word of Yahweh is sure, settled and established forever! Just a little thought on your part would have shown you that even your science agrees that light exists apart from and is distinct from the sun.

Edited to add this postscript:

I DEY LAUGH! grin

You are very laughable indeed, the sun ejected the material used in the formation of the earth, the authorof Genesis placed the sun three days after the creation of the earth, it is just like the author of Chronicles II who made a son older than his father, instead of the other way round, we so not need your fanticsm here to tell us science believes what science believes, this is common sense as the sun is older than the earth. I know I know this is what you believe in but it is evidently wrong

Scientists have been able to reconstruct detailed information about the planet's past. The earliest dated Solar System material was formed 4.5672 ± 0.0006 billion years ago,[23] and by 4.54 billion years ago (within an uncertainty of 1%)[18] the Earth and the other planets in the Solar System had formed out of the solar nebula—a disk-shaped mass of dust and gas left over from the formation of the Sun. This assembly of the Earth through accretion was thus largely completed within 10–20 million years.[24] Initially molten, the outer layer of the planet Earth cooled to form a solid crust when water began accumulating in the atmosphere. The Moon formed shortly thereafter, 4.53 billion years ago.[25]

The current consensus model[26] for the formation of the Moon is the giant impact hypothesis, in which the Moon was created when a Mars-sized object (sometimes called Theia) with about 10% of the Earth's mass[27] impacted the Earth in a glancing blow.[28] In this model, some of this object's mass would have merged with the Earth and a portion would have been ejected into space, but enough material would have been sent into orbit to coalesce into the Moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

Again according to Christianity/Judaism, the earth is just barely above 6000yrs old,adding the ages of Adam till Jesus, you can't help but laugh at the poor logics and tragic comedy the aurthors of the bible provide. Alethia try to reason very well. If Science confirms the bible it is right but if it rejects senseless statements it is just science. I STILL DEY LAUGH!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2011
Our world revolves around the Son.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Ndipe(m): 1:52am On Jan 22, 2011
vedaxcool:

I DEY LAUGH! grin

You are very laughable indeed, the sun ejected the material used in the formation of the earth, the authorof Genesis placed the sun three days after the creation of the earth, it is just like the author of Chronicles II who made a son older than his father, instead of the other way round, we so not need your fanticsm here to tell us science believes what science believes, this is common sense as the sun is older than the earth. I know I know this is what you believe in but it is evidently wrong

Scientists have been able to reconstruct detailed information about the planet's past. The earliest dated Solar System material was formed 4.5672 ± 0.0006 billion years ago,[23] and by 4.54 billion years ago (within an uncertainty of 1%)[18] the Earth and the other planets in the Solar System had formed out of the solar nebula—a disk-shaped mass of dust and gas left over from the formation of the Sun. This assembly of the Earth through accretion was thus largely completed within 10–20 million years.[24] Initially molten, the outer layer of the planet Earth cooled to form a solid crust when water began accumulating in the atmosphere. The Moon formed shortly thereafter, 4.53 billion years ago.[25]

The current consensus model[26] for the formation of the Moon is the giant impact hypothesis, in which the Moon was created when a Mars-sized object (sometimes called Theia) with about 10% of the Earth's mass[27] impacted the Earth in a glancing blow.[28] In this model, some of this object's mass would have merged with the Earth and a portion would have been ejected into space, but enough material would have been sent into orbit to coalesce into the Moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

Again according to Christianity/Judaism, the earth is just barely above 6000yrs old,adding the ages of Adam till Jesus, you can't help but laugh at the poor logics and tragic comedy the aurthors of the bible provide. Alethia try to reason very well. If Science confirms the bible it is right but if it rejects senseless statements it is just science. I STILL DEY LAUGH!

Show me a verse in the Holy Bible that says the earth is 6000 years.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2011
Ndipe:

Show me a verse in the Holy Bible that says the earth is 6000 years.

I believe you are conversant with the genealogy of Christ? Go add up the ages from day one when the erath was formed till the day Adam appeared on earth, then sum up the ages from Adam to Jesus till date then you will know how the over 6000 yrs comes about, as the OT provides all the ages for of JESUS ancestors
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2011
@Vedaxcool:

Ndipe is also to task himself to also show you a verse in the whole Bible that says "Trinity".

Another verse that says "Jesus your God that you must worship".

Another verse that says "Jesus the only salvation for all mankind, starting from Adam to the last man on earth".

Another verse that says "Jesus your Creator who is your God and with Him no other, and without Him nothing".

Another verse that says "Jesus your prophet and God who brought you the last revelation from Himself".

Another verse that says "The another comforter is not in physical human to appear later, but a formless thing, God like me that shall appear soon that I left".

Another verse that says "The another comforter shall not have an audible voice, though he will correct you right away because you will stray, even though I spent time teaching you".

biblebasics./, /the-age-of-the-earth-according-to-the-bible/ - Cached - Similar

The genealogy of Genesis 5:3-32 precludes any gaps due to its tight chronological structure and gives us 1,656 years between Creation and the Flood, thus bringing Creation Week back to near 3987 B.C. or approximately 4000 B.C.

Therefore, the biblical age of the Earth (using Scripture itself as a guide) is 6,000 years !! (note: assume you are reading this blog around the year 2000, give or take a decade). Mankind did not evolve 4 million years ago on an Earth which is 4.5 billion years old in a universe which was “big-banged” into existence 18-20 billion years in the distant past.

Jesus Christ said He made mankind male and female in the beginning (Mark 10:6), and that when the heavens and the earth were commanded into being (Gen 1:1), they “stood up together” (Isa 48:13) not billions of years apart !!

Notes to self:

* have i taken something out of context?
* is this where the bible is ‘literal’ and a day is actually billions of years?
* did God include this in the bible for interests sake…but really he wants us to not spend too much time on this bit…and spend more time on loving him and loving others!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) / Rev Fr Chiedozie Modestus Chilaka / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.