Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? (16323 Views)

Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / . / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2010
most guys

give money becoz they want the woman to depend on him once she depends on him she will eventually think that she cant live without him

as for the man, by then he has you under control if he says jump you jump all you see is money on him and you dont want to loose that flow of money
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2010
degubi:

Its important that a guy gives money to his girlfriend if she is in need of financial support. E

yes you may be right but I am in no need of financial support naaa sad

Tink_sh:

I just meant that he is going to keep giving it to you out of a right heart motive so maybe all you can do is keep putting it in the bank for you both . I do understand your stand on this and its good for you to be strong like that. I would assume you have spoken to him about how it makes you feel and i also feel that he is doing it out of love, so its tricky cos you are both right. Its a tricky place to be in for you both. I am sure there is a compromise somewhere.

yes I have told him that and he told me that he cannot help it. You know, the funny thing is I know all of his bank account and the password and he doesnt know mine embarassed lipsrsealed He even applied for me a supplimentary credit card but up till this date, ive never use a cent. embarassed lipsrsealed He just keeps going on about his responsibility and he being a man and bla bla. . . I dont quite get that till this date. lipsrsealed

odiaero:

@ poster, because u are so broke

No Im not! angry

ZIM DRILL:

most guys

give money becoz they want the woman to depend on him once she depends on him she will eventually think that she cant live without him

as for the man, by then he has you under control if he says jump you jump all you see is money on him and you dont want to loose that flow of money

Are u that kinda guy? undecided
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2010
madam, please read again. it was typed from a (supposed) guys point of view. stop frothing at the mouth over nothing. sheesh. are u that vexed that u can't tell when ur legs are being pulled? cheesy tell the guy u no want naw. simple.

iceblue:

cos guys believe in the law of focus(TM): think of it as a machine shooting tennis balls. as long as the tennis balls keep shooting at the player, she won't lose focus. she'll keep playing. she'll look elsewhere once the balls stop coming.

if you've never heard of the law of focus(TM), don't worry. i just invented it tongue

Ms. Potato:

Abeg! So u saying girls love money and not their bf? angry Might as well they just become pr0st1tut35 dont you think so? Why be that low? angry angry angry If someone prefer's a person money over them, that is not called love but that is called gold digging. I object to this klinda people at all cost!!! angry angry angry

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
iceblue:

madam, please read again. it was typed from a (supposed) guys point of view. stop frothing at the mouth over nothing. sheesh. are u that vexed that u can't tell when your legs are being pulled? cheesy tell the guy u no want naw. simple.

Simple ke? havent you been reading? I clearly said that I told him to stop giving me money but he still does. Not forgetting I mentioned that he is stubborn like Kpomo meat!

And Im not looking at jokes for now. This is a serious matta naa sad
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ms. Potato:

yes you may be right but I am in no need of financial support naaa sad

yes I have told him that and he told me that he cannot help it. You know, the funny thing is I know all of his bank account and the password and he doesnt know mine embarassed lipsrsealed He even applied for me a supplimentary credit card but up till this date, ive never use a cent. embarassed lipsrsealed He just keeps going on about his responsibility and he being a man and bla bla. . . I dont quite get that till this date. lipsrsealed

No Im not! angry

Are u that kinda guy? undecided

no am not i have seen happen those women are trapped in that world they cant even think for themselves even simple things
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by annawhite(f): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
most guys lacks confidence and money sometimes help them build it and ladies sometimes recieved cash from them to boost thier ego grin grin grin grin
but for me , it's a differentt game,act maturely and i'll play along but if you want to impressed me with your money,i rubbish u with mine cool cool cool
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 1:37am On Oct 20, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

no am not i have seen happen those women are trapped in that world they cant even think for themselves even simple things

Maybe the guy is from Okija Shrine and he go juju her well well cry cry cry

annawhite:

most guys lacks confidence and money sometimes help them build it and ladies sometimes recieved cash from them to boost thier ego grin grin grin grin
but for me , it's a differentt game,act maturely and i'll play along but if you want to impressed me with your money,i rubbish u with mine cool cool cool

Good point naa. wink
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by victory: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2010
Its because of what is in the front of thier leg shocked shocked, www.moneyjobs24.com com lets talk things over!!!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by campella(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2010
GUYS GIVING MONEY IS NATURAL, AND LADIES RECEIVING IS ALSO NATURAL.
WHAT IS WRONG IN ALL THESE?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by papabaks(m): 11:50am On Oct 20, 2010
buccaneer7:

POTATO YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING,  HE IS GIVING YOU MONEY NOW AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING. THE DAY HE GETS BANKRUPT AND HE ASK YOU FOR MONEY MAKE SURE YOU DELIVER HIM AS MANY TIME AS NECCESARY OOOOoooo,

We are meant to help one another, This is my time to give her Money, Cos when we start our home and we both have to be committed to building our wealth, which will take away some pleasure and more sacrifice, then she will understand that when there was no commitment the money was flowing towards her and now that we have to invest in some real estates and lot more, she just have to accept it that way,

When the time come again i will continue to splash the money on her again.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2010
victory:

Its because of what is in the front of thier leg shocked shocked, www.moneyjobs24.com com lets talk things over!!!
The question ought to be:Are guy silly or smart when they give their girlfriend money ?
The case is similar to a fisher with a hook/ line and worm to attract a fish.What happens to the fish later ? It has absolutely nothing to do with low self-esteem or ego.The primary purpose of a guy is to hit the honey pot and if doling out cash to the girl is what it's going to take for him to achieve that,he is ready to do it.
I just laughed when I hear some girls saying a guy is stup!d when the person has already swag their pekus.Guys count honeypots he's able to straff while a woman counts the amount of cash she's able to make.It's trade by barter !
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by SHEAU(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
honestly, u make sense die!
ME, i give money and other thins inorder to get to the goons(may God 4give me) embarassed
~Bluetooth:

The question ought to be:Are guy silly or smart when they give their girlfriend money ?
The case is similar to a fisher with a hook/ line and worm to attract a fish.What happens to the fish later ? It has absolutely nothing to do with low self-esteem or ego.The primary purpose of a guy is to hit the honey pot and if doling out cash to the girl is what it's going to take for him to achieve that,he is ready to do it.
I just laughed when I hear some girls saying a guy is stup!d when the person has already swag their pekus.Guys count honeypots he's able to straff while a woman counts the amount of cash she's able to make.It's trade by barter !
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Kristoclear(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2010
Its just d foolishness od guyz tryna play smart. We guyz mustn't pay 4 d love n care we get 4rm our gf. I tink they'l appreciate mayb unoccasional gifts,ur tym, ur call. . . givin dem cash all d tym as if they r **** is nt d ryt tin, pretty decent girls wil see dis gesture as an off signal n dey'l loose intrest in such guy completely
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Mindless(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ Topic,
Paying for service.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by denony(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2010
because girls can't love without money grin
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by denony(m): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2010
just from my own perspective wink
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
victory:

Its because of what is in the front of thier leg shocked shocked, www.moneyjobs24.com  com lets talk things over!!!

~Bluetooth:

I just laughed when I hear some girls saying a guy is stup!d when the person has already swag their pekus.Guys count honeypots he's able to straff while a woman counts the amount of cash she's able to make.It's  trade by barter !

SHEAU:

honestly, u make sense die!
ME, i give money and other thins inorder to get to the goons(may God 4give me) embarassed

Mindless:

@ Topic,
Paying for service.

denony:

because girls can't love without money  grin

U guys need to grow up. When we were doing it alot before he dash me money and I feel offended. Now that we seldom do sex because of our hectic work and school, he still dashes me money the same like before and I still feel offended. seriously, it has nothing to do with my kitten service!  angry

papabaks:

We are meant to help one another, This is my time to give her Money,  Cos when we start our home and we both have to be committed to building our wealth, which will take away some pleasure and more sacrifice, then she will understand that when there was no commitment the money was flowing towards her and now that we have to invest in some real estates and lot more, she just have to accept it that way,

When the time come again i will continue to splash the money on her again.

Thats what he said too but how sure is he that he is going to end up with me? I mean we can never know of the future right?

campella:

GUYS GIVING MONEY IS NATURAL, AND LADIES RECEIVING IS ALSO NATURAL.
WHAT IS WRONG IN ALL THESE?

natural ke? U take this as a natural thing?   shocked

Kristo-clear:

Its just d foolishness od guyz tryna play smart. We guyz mustn't pay 4 d love n care we get 4rm our gf. I tink they'l appreciate mayb unoccasional gifts,your tym, your call. . . givin dem cash all d tym as if they r **** is nt d ryt tin, pretty decent girls wil see dis gesture as an off signal n dey'l loose intrest in such guy completely

Exactly! Thank you!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
Ms. Potato:

U guys need to grow up. When we were doing it alot before he dash me money and I feel offended. Now that we seldom do sex because of our hectic work and school, he still dashes me money the same like before and I still feel offended. seriously, it has nothing to do with my kitten service!  angry

It has nothing to do with growing up ! The perception of every guys would change when ladies decide to consider love in a relationship over material benefits.It's just too plain that what ladies want is money and the guys want to browse her !
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by andyanders: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2010
JUST IN NIGERIA. NOT OUTSIDE NIGERIA. WE HAVE DEVELOPED THAT AS A CULTURE TO GIVE MONEY TO LADIES AND THEY LADIES HAVE CAPITALIZED ON SAME TO NOW MAKE IT AS A RIGHT "YOU MUST PROVIDE FOR ME" WHICH IS WRONG. IT MAKES THEM TO BE LAZY AND DEMANDING. IN AMERICA, YOU ACCCOUNT FOR YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU ARE IN RELATIONSHIP.PAY YOUR BILLS IF IT IS NOT RELEVANT. EVERYTHIN G BE ON MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING. HERE IN NIGERIA, IF YOU GO OUT WITH A LADY, HER LIFE NOW DEPENDS ON YOU. SHE WANT TO DO HER BIRTHDAY, SHE WILL NOW HEEP THE BILL ON YOU.NONSENCE. THE EARLIER WE REALIZE THAT LADIES SHOULD PICK UP THEIR BILLS, THE BETTER.
EVEN WHEN YOU GET MARRIED, A WOMAN MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE. YOU MUST STATE THAT WHEN YOU INITIATED YOUR MARRIAGE.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MrWaters: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
you always receive it happily lol tongue
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MissyB3(f): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2010
Have I missed it or what? Can a dude answer the question, please.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It has nothing to do with growing up ! The perception of every guys would change when ladies decide to consider love in a relationship over material benefits.It's just too plain that what ladies want is money and the guys want to browse her !

And do you think that every ladies considers material benefits in a relationship cause from your post, you sounded sumthin like all ladies has turned out that way and wosrt off, you made it seem like every ladies has became a pr05t1tut3 for that matter

~Bluetooth:

The primary purpose of a guy is to hit the honey pot and if doling out cash to the girl is what it's going to take for him to achieve that,he is ready to do it.
I just laughed when I hear some girls saying a guy is stup!d when the person has already swag their pekus.Guys count honeypots he's able to straff while a woman counts the amount of cash she's able to make.It's  trade by barter !

because to be honest with you, I dont see it that way and never has. if I were to see it that way, than there will be no real genuine love on this earth a long time ago. . .
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2010
andyanders:

JUST IN NIGERIA. NOT OUTSIDE NIGERIA. WE HAVE DEVELOPED THAT AS A CULTURE TO GIVE MONEY TO LADIES AND THEY LADIES HAVE CAPITALIZED ON SAME TO NOW MAKE IT AS A RIGHT "YOU MUST PROVIDE FOR ME" WHICH IS WRONG. IT MAKES THEM TO BE LAZY AND DEMANDING. IN AMERICA, YOU ACCCOUNT FOR YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU ARE IN RELATIONSHIP.PAY YOUR BILLS IF IT IS NOT RELEVANT. EVERYTHIN G BE ON MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING. HERE IN NIGERIA, IF YOU GO OUT WITH A LADY, HER LIFE NOW DEPENDS ON YOU. SHE WANT TO DO HER BIRTHDAY, SHE WILL NOW HEEP THE BILL ON YOU.NONSENCE. THE EARLIER WE REALIZE THAT LADIES SHOULD PICK UP THEIR BILLS, THE BETTER.
EVEN WHEN YOU GET MARRIED, A WOMAN MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE. YOU MUST STATE THAT WHEN YOU INITIATED YOUR MARRIAGE.

Its not only in Nigeria naa. Im sure it is everywhere just people have not seen it. . . Funny thing is the way you mention about your culture in terms of hando=kling money, it is the same for Malaysians as well. It is the responsibility of the guy to handle her. . .
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by samoks(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
Ms. Potato:

And do you think that every ladies considers material benefits in a relationship cause from your post, you sounded sumthin like all ladies has turned out that way and wosrt off, you made it seem like every ladies has became a pr05t1tut3 for that matter

because to be honest with you, I dont see it that way and never has. if I were to see it that way, than there will be no real genuine love on this earth a long time ago. . .  

Have you forgotten the popular saying? Money for Hand, Nyash for ground
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Elpieda: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2010
I believe in equal sharing of resources. My relationship with my bf isnt based on the love of money but on love and mutual understanding. We are both working and earning our salaries so we both equally share our resources with each other. When he is broke i help him out and when i am broke he helps me out. We buy each other gifts and I even buy more gifts than he does. We pay for our groceries together and I cook our meals. That has made our realtionship easier. Money is the least of our problems and we are both strict managers of funds. I guess  its cos we are both so simple.He has never just randomly given me money cos he knows am one who strongly believes in EQUAL SHARING (btw man and woman) and effective management of resources.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
samoks:

Have you forgotten the popular saying? Money for Hand, Nyash for ground

So is that how relationships is suppose to be? o you want your wife to be like that? undecided
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
Elpieda:

I believe in equal sharing of resources. My relationship with my bf isnt based on the love of money but on love and mutual understanding. We are both working and earning our salaries so we both equally share our resources with each other. When he is broke i help him out and when i am broke he helps me out. We buy each other gifts and I even buy more gifts than he does. We pay for our groceries together and I cook our meals. That has made our realtionship easier. Money is the least of our problems and we are both strict managers of funds. I guess  its cos we are both so simple.He has never just randomly given me money cos he knows am one who strongly believes in EQUAL SHARING (btw man and woman) and effective management of resources.

I wish all guys and ladies could understand this sad
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Exponental(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2010
A man will always want to take care of his woman not only becos its Biblical or a tradition but [size=18pt]it's a man's pride [/size] to be responsible for his woman.
the issue of all the time depends on the guy and the girl in question

1 Like

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by chines4(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2010
Have I missed it or what? Can a dude answer the question, please.

U know i have not thought of this. But the truth is that we guys( especially the Igbo Guys) believe that our women is our responsibility. Just like our family is. We work our ass out to be able to take care of our own.  That's just the way were are wired.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Ben13: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
The mistake guys make is giving their babes money for no just reason.
Giving for a purpose is worth it. wink
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by watchme(f): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
why do you ask your girl friend for sex , ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas / I've Had Enough Of Men! / Fear Of Being Disvirgined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.