Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? (16324 Views)

Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / . / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Ben13: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2010
^^ sometimes gal friends ask, don't get it permanently twisted. cheesy
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2010
watchme:

why do you ask your girl friend for sex , ?
nice one jare ! It's trade by barter ! Love is just a facade to make lady exploit guys more.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
Exponental:

A man will always want to take care of his woman not only becos its Biblical or a tradition but [size=18pt]it's a man's pride [/size] to be responsible for his woman.
the issue of all the time depends on the guy and the girl in question

Ben-10:

The mistake guys make is giving their babes money for no just reason.
Giving for a purpose is worth it. wink

You are absolutely right. I see your point here and Im gonna tell my bf that!

watchme:

why do you ask your girl friend for sex , ?

As for me and my bf, we dont ask, when the spark is there, we just do it!

~Bluetooth:

nice one jare ! It's trade by barter ! Love is just a facade to make lady exploit guys more.

You really make it seem like relationships are like products sad
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Mindless(m): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
We pay in arrears and in advance.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Perryfini: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
For some time, I want to ask this question before this lady raised question, and I have been following the trend of responses.

I found myself in this situation because my girlfriend of over 1 year had made it compulsory I must give her money every month. She claimed the money is for her monthly up-keep and bla bla bla. Although she didn’t make that some certain percent of my salary would be given to her, but it’s compulsory I must give her money at the end of each month.

She cultivated this attitude / behaviour immediately our relationship climaxed to the next level. She works in the bank when we initially met, but now she is into buying and selling of ladies products. I believe she makes more money compare to the time she works in the bank as I can see the changes, but she wont let go of this un-cultured attitude of collecting money from me.

To be sincere, I don’t know why she makes it compulsory I must give her money at each month while we have not married. Please can someone address this issue properly because I am really tired of this non-productive allowance I have been paying to this lady?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Jald007(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2010
In as much as i hate to talk about this, i have a pix for u guyz

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2010
Perryfini:

For some time, I want to ask this question before this lady raised question, and I have been following the trend of responses.

I found myself in this situation because my girlfriend of over 1 year had made it compulsory I must give her money every month. She claimed the money is for her monthly up-keep and bla bla bla. Although she didn’t make that some certain percent of my salary would be given to her, but it’s compulsory I must give her money at the end of each month.

She cultivated this attitude / behaviour immediately our relationship climaxed to the next level. She works in the bank when we initially met, but now she is into buying and selling of ladies products. I believe she makes more money compare to the time she works in the bank as I can see the changes, but she wont let go of this un-cultured attitude of collecting money from me.

To be sincere, I don’t know why she makes it compulsory I must give her money at each month while we have not married. Please can someone address this issue properly because I am really tired of this non-productive allowance I have been paying to this lady?

you should have asked her where does her money go she is working she doesnt need money for up-keep from you
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2010
damn she hates it when I do that shiiit

mehn I equally hate it when she rejects it,

But she will always ask for gifts like am fada christmas

Godamnit I am a baaaad gift giver, I dunno what to even call a gift ideal for ha,

She claims she's molding me, the more I give the I will know wots rite for a woman Does it sound real? embarassed

I waz surprised she had non-perishable gifts in ha closet 4 3yrs now.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Phate07(m): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2010

Why do you give money to your girlfriends?
Cos she's your girlfriend and thats a big commitement! grin grin
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Omolola1(f): 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
hmmmn
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
Ranks007:

Godamnit I am a baaaad gift giver, I dunno what to even call a gift ideal for ha,

She claims she's molding me, the more I give the I will know wots rite for a woman Does it sound real? embarassed

check out the lyrical content, i think I will make a good musician, lol

I wihll make a good
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by kashmo: 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
I don't give money out like back in the days, however, I rather buy her stuff I think will upgrade her status, or take her to places to chill her nerve!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Elpieda: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
Perryfini:

Na wa o that na serious something, shey she no get shame ni to be asking for monthly "salary" from her boyfriend, I mean I dont even think its right for your wife to demand for a monthly allowance from her husband let alone boyfriend and girlfriend, It just sounds weird to me. Is she with you for your money or waht?But i guess all girls are different, How would a lady who has a job and something else on the side that brings her income and still be requesting that her bf give her a monthly allowance, thats just pure greed IMO
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Xionez(m): 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2010
Perryfini:

I found myself in this situation because my girlfriend of over 1 year had made it compulsory I must give her money every month.  She claimed the money is for her monthly up-keep and bla bla bla.  Although she didn’t make that some certain percent of my salary would be given to her, but it’s compulsory I must give her money at the end of each month.

She cultivated this attitude / behaviour immediately our relationship climaxed to the next level.  She works in the bank when we initially met, but now she is into buying and selling of ladies products.  I believe she makes more money compare to the time she works in the bank as I can see the changes, but she wont let go of this un-cultured attitude of collecting money from me.

To be sincere, I don’t know why she makes it compulsory I must give her money at each month while we have not married.  Please can someone address this issue properly because I am really tired of this non-productive allowance I have been paying to this lady? 

Let to me, i think its just out of selfishness should your girl asks/ demands cash like sey she jazz you. What are you murmuring
. . . that its a way of testing your love for her?!! . . . TO HELL WITH THAT SHE-IT. angry
Ive noticed that its the independent ones that are capable of caring for themselves in the absence of men. Check am na!!!!
Have you heard of any independent woman going poor cuz her Guy passed on?!.

I'm just sad that it is most times, its the independent  that gets married to men leeches and vice versa.

So sad sad
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Tinksh(f): 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2010
Have you ever heard of being a man and saying NO!!! Obviously she is the boss in your relationship. She cant be that good in bed that you will give your pride to her.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by tadelara(f): 12:27am On Oct 21, 2010
@ Ms. Potato

You are joking right? You cant be serious undecided
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by OCCULTIST(m): 5:45am On Oct 21, 2010
I always give money to all the ladies i have dated because they need to busy their pussy with nice soap and put on good scented cream
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 21, 2010
when you are in a relationship,you suppose to know the financial status of your girlfriend.If she has a good job and earns enough cash to take absolute care of herself,then there is no need to shower her with money.Instead give her gifts, not because she can't afford them but to strenghten the bond b/w you.Concerning the guy whose G.f has a cash yielding job yet demands cash constantly,she takes you as a fool who allows emotion to rule him.When she is with her friends,you'll be referred to as ''one hell of a fool who doesn't know how to spend his money''Let me help spend it for him while I still can.Bros it is good to love but don't be mushy. Moreover when you G.F works but does't earn quite much,it is your obligation to take good and absolute care of her,but don't spend more than you earn.Now concerning the guy who mentioned 'Trade by barter',what are you trading for? Your girl's body?You'll give her money and she gives you her body,you are greedy and in the attributes of true love in 1 corinthians chapter 13,LOVE IS NOT SELFISH.So if you demands sex like that,you are nothing but a sex maniac who doesn't have respect for her girl's body,which means that you does not love her.Give to your girl when you surely know that she is 'a damsel in distress'and not because of a stupid romantic fantasy!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by jaybee3(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2010
Always happy to chip in for genuine cause not the usual give me money for credit bla bla bla.
I don't date scrubs and neither do i demand sexual favours tongue tongue tongue
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by zionic(m): 9:11am On Oct 21, 2010
More money more problems, na who for give her money again na? grin, and ladies, Bible says"blessed is the giver,
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2010
Mindless:

We pay in arrears and in advance.

What do you mean exactly?

Perryfini:

Some ladies are like that. My brother's wife is like that (they just got married a week ago). My brother's wife also made it a compulsory for him to give her money every month. And when they are together, he should pay for her every needs. . . Like when they eat tpgether or even go shopping together, he must pay for everything,.

her reason: because he is a man and he must know to provide for me. if he cannot do so, than he is not responsible enough to be my man and I can always look for someone else to play that role for me!

to her, its a take it or leave it situation. Fortunately for her, she is born very preety with a very nice fair complexion and a body where evry ASIAN guys would like so u know now. . . All the ASIAN guys are lining up to marry her!

Ranks007:

She should just marry Father Christmas himself to get those gifts like SERIOUSLY! angry

tadelara:

@ Ms. Potato

You are joking right? You cant be serious undecided

Why would I joke and waste my time over this? sad

OCCULTIST:

I always give money to all the ladies i have dated because they need to busy their kitty with nice soap and put on good scented cream

COMMON! angry angry angry

Benstino:

[b]when you are in a relationship,you suppose to know the financial status of your girlfriend.If she has a good job and earns enough cash to take absolute care of herself,then there is no need to shower her with money.Instead give her gifts, not because she can't afford them but to strenghten the bond b/w you.[/b]Concerning the guy whose G.f has a cash yielding job yet demands cash constantly,she takes you as a fool who allows emotion to rule him.When she is with her friends,you'll be referred to as ''one hell of a fool who doesn't know how to spend his money''Let me help spend it for him while I still can.Bros it is good to love but don't be mushy. Moreover when you G.F works but does't earn quite much,it is your obligation to take good and absolute care of her,but don't spend more than you earn.Now concerning the guy who mentioned 'Trade by barter',what are you trading for? Your girl's body?You'll give her money and she gives you her body,you are greedy and in the attributes of true love in 1 corinthians chapter 13,LOVE IS NOT SELFISH.So if you demands sex like that,you are nothing but a sex maniac who doesn't have respect for her girl's body,which means that you does not love her.Give to your girl when you surely know that she is 'a damsel in distress'and not because of a silly romantic fantasy!

I agre but in my case, he just keeps giving!!! Its like he has no control when its about giving me money and gifts. its crazy, I scolded him many times and Im getting worn out by the day shocked shocked shocked

jay bee:

Always happy to chip in for genuine cause not the usual give me money for credit bla bla bla.
I don't date scrubs and neither do i demand sexual favours tongue tongue tongue

Hmmmmmm. . . Im suspecting u undecided especially about the sexual favours tongue

zionic:

More money more problems, na who for give her money again na? grin, and ladies, Bible says"blessed is the giver,

yeah! tell that to em Gold Diggers grin tongue
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2010
And who told you it's all guys that give their gf's money not to talk of giving it all the time?

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF BROKE AZZED DUDES?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by chines4(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF BROKE AZZED DUDES? Huh

That want to give their babe the chance of answering a giver for once  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by sirvick(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
thanks guys but thees is the real question is, does men gives their gf money because they have gotten what they wanted or they have not, (one saying says that a man pays his harlot not because he has the money is because of another time) in that question men don't have much choice is just simple u don't pay your tight the door is close at your face. now the real question, what is it that girls have to give men for their philanthropic gesture.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
Sirvick, if that is you in your profilepic, I must say you are so damn fine!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
hmmm, interesting thread, i already bookmarked it.

@poster, consider starting a charity org. we men can be very very dumb at times.
ur BF sure needs to be lifted by 4 hefty akpu eating guy and flogged in the buttocks

but why can nature just forward babes like you to my doorstep? ehn? na so so "i never chop" full my phone contacts, na wa for this life oo.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
webdezzi:

hmmm, interesting thread, i already bookmarked it.

@poster, consider starting a charity org. we men can be very very dumb at times.
your BF sure needs to be lifted by 4 hefty akpu eating guy and flogged in the buttocks

but why can nature just forward babes like you to my doorstep? ehn? na so so "i never chop" full my phone contacts, na wa for this life oo.

Im donating to WWF and also the Old Folks Home evry month. But I also have opened a seperate account before and now i open another account. One account is for SOS money and the other one is for my children's ducation (if I have any in the future) embarassed
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by marvix(m): 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2010
@poster are u for real?

I have been looking for a girl that would think like you.

When girls expect that because there has been some action there should be pay, I just say in my mind hows a prostitute different, guess just that she puts a price to it.

If you are for real can you introduce a friend of yours that thinks the same way with you to me, Imagine a banker gf who is not a contract staff calling me to help with money, when i needed a loan for barely 24hrs she cldnot raise it but would not hear that I was not bouyant at the time of the request, well i have put her out of my mind because she said stuff i never expect to hear from a lady I was contemplating marriage.

kindly forward your friend or if you want to quit pls let me know I will never give u money unless u ask for a loan and i would put pressure on u to return it if only to use it to buy u a gift or take u out.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 7:00am On Oct 22, 2010
marvix:

@poster are u for real?

I have been looking for a girl that would think like you.

When girls expect that because there has been some action there should be pay, I just say in my mind hows a love-peddler different, guess just that she puts a price to it.

If you are for real can you introduce a friend of yours that thinks the same way with you to me, Imagine a banker gf who is not a contract staff calling me to help with money, when i needed a loan for barely 24hrs she cldnot raise it but would not hear that I was not bouyant at the time of the request, well i have put her out of my mind because she said stuff i never expect to hear from a lady I was contemplating marriage.

kindly forward your friend or if you want to quit pls let me know I will never give u money unless u ask for a loan and i would put pressure on u to return it if only to use it to buy u a gift or take u out.

With your sttitude as such, I dont think any girls like me would want to date you. . .

Now come to think of it, sll the more reason on why should I actually cherish my bf cause I dont think theres anyone like him!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by marvix(m): 8:12am On Oct 22, 2010
Ms. Potato:

With your sttitude as such, I dont think any girls like me would want to date you. . .

Now come to think of it, sll the more reason on why should I actually cherish my bf cause I dont think theres anyone like him!

U dont know my attitude, and u have jumped into a wrong conclusion.

That being said i think u are lucky that the guy has.

There are different types of people, there are some who believe in sharing whatever they have and ur guy is just one of them and he is lucky to have enough to share, check him out yourself he still gives out to his friends a lot, he may have a problem of friends always borrowing from him and not paying back.

A man always feels good when his woman walks up to him and makes a demand and he is able to meet it, no man enjoys receiving from a lady and if u are a lady always helping ur bf out with hand outs watch it, he may not be happy about it, some gestures are more important and it may be because u are more expensive than he is, he wont feel comfortable around you.

I love girls who are able to stand on their own, who can say clearly what they want, not waiting for me to make decisions, they should know where they are going, not just thinking of marriage as though it is the end of their life, while they do all this they are able to put themselves in proper perspective with your aspirations as a man.

What will you do with your money if you are not helping someone? and if your girl is not taking money from you who will be taking money from you? so when next he gives you money offer to buy him dinner out, a nice underwear a small gift or a special session. lipsrsealed cool grin wink wink wink
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by curiousade: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2010
, concerning all these, i will say guys give money not because they always wanted to, but know within himself dat the gurl doesn't have enough and she wouldn't want to ask.

I know of a gurl who is always like this, she is struggling, receiving meager salary and she will not ask and if i give her (once in a while) she'll say [b]"if you give me I'll continue to collect" and I'll say "I'm giving you now because of the day you'll ask and i wouldn't have".

, but one thing is she is always appreciative either i give or not, and she never say any bad or evil things about her ex's,
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 12:04am On Oct 23, 2010
marvix:

U dont know my attitude, and u have jumped into a wrong conclusion.

By saying the below, that has proven my point

marvix:

^^^ Like why being so calculative? undecided All I need from my man is to not alllwayyyyysss give me money, thats it. Not to a point where he is being calculative! angry

marvix:

There are different types of people, there are some who believe in sharing whatever they have and your guy is just one of them and he is lucky to have enough to share, check him out yourself he still gives out to his friends a lot, he may have a problem of friends always borrowing from him and not paying back.

Thats not true. He does always borrow stuff to his friends and if he were to borrow it, he would rather give it to the person. But he doesnt borrow especially not money. He can only do that for his own family.

marvix:

What will you do with your money if you are not helping someone? and if your girl is not taking money from you who will be taking money from you? so when next he gives you money offer to buy him dinner out, a nice underwear a small gift or a special session. lipsrsealed cool grin wink wink wink

Like I said earlier, if a guy makes money, he should just kep it in a bank for his future. . . Like maybe he wants to do a Business Invstment or for his family in the future. . . Afterall, money is not easy to come!

I work for my own money and I dont believe taking his money to buy him gifts cause than it will be like he is the one buying his own gifts. If I want to buy him gifts or bring him to dinner, I would rather use my own money, not his.

curiousade:

, concerning all these, i will say guys give money not because they always wanted to, but know within himself dat the gurl doesn't have enough and she wouldn't want to ask.

I know of a gurl who is always like this, she is struggling, receiving meager salary and she will not ask and if i give her (once in a while) she'll say [b]"if you give me I'll continue to collect" and I'll say "I'm giving you now because of the day you'll ask and i wouldn't have".

, but one thing is she is always appreciative either i give or not, and she never say any bad or evil things about her ex's,

Uhmmmmm. . . . . . . . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I've Had Enough Of Men! / Fear Of Being Disvirgined / How Do You Politely Tell Someone That You Want To Have Sex With Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.